Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tbearynurse
WOE: low carb
My Low carb Journey

I have heard it said....If I keep doing what Ive always done, I'll keep getting the results I've always gotten. So I'm tired of these same results....overweight, grounded, sick, tired, pained, embarrassed out in public. I feel like I am dragging the weight of the world around with me every step I take. This is ridiculous to stay at this place when a different life is here for the taking!
So today is the first day of my transformation. I'm starting at 297.4# - with a postive outlook and excitement for the future.
I don't have the Atkins '72 book but I have read all the other Atkins books. I have read about the '72 book and think I have a pretty good idea of what to do. I have a grocery list made and am headed to the store soon.
I have been accepted into RN school which starts in January with clinicals starting in Feb and I want to have lost several pounds and feeling better physically before clinicals. In the past, I would have set my goal pretty high, but with the way the pounds seem to be stuck right now, I am going to say that I would like to drop 25-30# before starting clinicals.
Will check in later....
Here goes!!!
tbearynurse is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Well, today started out great. Had bacon and 2 boiled eggs for breakfast.
Went to church and came home to lunch. I wasn't thinking about the stricter 72 plan I am starting and ate some things at lunch I shouldn't have. So i am getting my food all planned for tomorrow so I don't eat something not on the allowed list without thinking.
I bought an elliptical this past week and after the first night of walking on it, my legs are so sore!! Gonna push past and keep going. Have to get my metabolism up and burning. So thankful for an awesome husband that is so supportive and loves me even at my current weight. Got to keep a watch on my emotions and be diligent to not eat unconsciously when things happen or people say something to me at work that upsets me. Its the end of the month which is very busy time for me and I pray to stay on plan with new committment. Along with Thanksgiving this coming week! That will be a challenge!
Gonna relax the remainder of this weekend.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:05 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

I dont know why it's so hard for me to commit to this WOE! It's so crazy because I feel so much better..no gastric problems and feet don't swell. My emotions are running crazy with unexpected changes in my life and I am having difficulty handling this "out of control of my life" feeling. I've got to accept things I can't change and push forward toward my goal and health. I have a frig full of junk....dressing, mashed potatoes, french bread and ice cream. Going to store today to restock on the good stuff....like eggs and veggies. Still have lots of meat in freezer.
Can't lose hope!!!
Old 12-30-2013, 04:04 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Hang in there girl. If you have not since this last writing start today. You can do it. If I can I know you can. Just take 1 hour at a time if you have to. break it down little so its not so scary.

This is the perfect time to start over after the holidays. That is unless you are going out NYE night. This is doable. Give it a try. What have you got to loose. Nothing but weight I bet. Hollar at me if you need help!
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote