LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2013, 07:56 AM   #181
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Danielle, I was just saying...I read the Chris Powell book in one sitting and there is NO WAY I would try to do this without the book. The transformation is the best part. It's not just about losing the weight, it's changing the way you deal with stuff and learning to love and accept yourself that makes this one different. Anyone can carb-cycle, or eat low carb or JUDDD. It's what you take from the experience and how you connect with yourself that makes it your LAST diet and your new lifestyle. I'm on my last diet. I don't want to go down this road again. Lifestyle change and awareness is the only way to get off of the diet roller coaster.
Amen, Sister! Someone who gets it!!

I think I've always known I could lose weight...I mean, anyone "can", really... and I've done it...big! But, it's always been the insecurity of the emotional baggage that has dragged me down..gotten me to eventually fall off the path that I so desperately wanted to stay on.. I think I have finally learned the trick to it all and I am forever grateful for it. I am DONE dieting. Done. Done. Done. There is no fast-track for me. No more shortcuts. I will do it for as long as it takes to get to where I want to be. I've accepted that if it takes a year...fine. If it takes 2 years...fine. As long as I keep going in a positive motion, not only on the scale, but mentally & emotionally as well, then I WILL succeed. I'm in for the long haul...this is my lifestyle. I could do this forever.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #182
Blabbermouth!!!

Got in close to 40 min. of walking today... It was nice visiting with Leslie today..... She was nice & didn't try to kill me.

Almost nearly a gallon of water already. This is good news for a reward day..it definitely helps!
Old 12-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #183
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Good for you for getting on the exercise routine! It's hard, isn't it? I didn't do ANY kind of exercise most of the time I was losing, because it didn't feel good to move my huge body, and I was NOT going to a gym or even to walk outside. Now I'm over that, but I still do stuff in my own home. I am addicted to my weighted hula hoop - it's so much fun!

Loving the cold weather. My neighborhood is having a community garage sale this morning, starting at 6am tomorrow morning and I - the anti garage sale person - am going to do it. Ooooh, it's gonna be so cooooooooollllllldddddd at 6am! Wish me luck, both not to get frostbite, and to make a little ca$h!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #184
Blabbermouth!!!

It is VERY hard for me. I'm the girl that hates to sweat, remember? I had a hard time moving my legs around today....soooooo sore. Eventually I warmed up and did alright...however, now I am back to way sore It's been so long I've forgotten what it feels like to ache like this!

Great time to do a garage sale, despite the cold! Get things cleaned out in time for the new year and all that. Good luck, I hope you make lots of mula while staying warm!
Old 12-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: 269.5/251.5/150
WOE: LC/Mod Protein/HF
Start Date: This time: 8/11/14
I give you credit Dani for doing the mental and emotional work needed to be successful. Honey, you have your head on straight!!! That’s what it’s all about. I really think you’ve given me an AHA moment. I never really THOUGHT I could be successful at achieving and maintaining a normal weight. The key for me is to believe that I can. Sure, I read the words but deep down in my soul I don't really think I can do it..

I have gazillions of books on this subject as well - along with dieting books.. I’ve joined Intuitive Eating programs.. etc. etc. And, I embark on a journalling plan regularly to dig out all the cr@p from my childhood. Or, I wrote in the margins (prior to my kindle) of all the books with ideas of WHY I got so screwed up along the way. I guess blaming my mother only goes so far.. She’s been gone for 13 years.. and yeah I could write a book about all her comments leading to my emotional eating and my chubbyness as a child.. But, ya know what? I GET all that and am past it and now it is time to take control and stop whining!!

Maybe Chris lays it out in a better way.. Whatever, good for you – because that IS the key! “When the student is ready- the teacher will appear” is one of my favorite clichés. I just need to believe.. Thanks for the inspiration!!

I got a giggle about how you dressed your daughter when it was 34 degrees. Here, we walk around in flip-flops and shorts when it’s that balmy in the winter! (not really).. 19 is the high here today.. but, it was sunny and rather pleasant. (Don’t tell anyone I said anything good about winter – it’ll ruin my reputation!)

Started a journal on 10/5/13: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...healthier.html

"We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
~John Lennon
dipgal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #186
Blabbermouth!!!

Judy, you definitely HAVE to believe that you can do it. I struggled for many years with the idea that I was worth it. I get it. Bob Harper (from Biggest Loser) wrote his first book with the first part of it being soley focusing on understanding that loving your body just as it is, lumps & all, was a must in order to be able to stick to any form of weightloss and keeping it off. I *thought* I knew it way back then, I *thought* I did love myself and my body the way it was...but it was so far from the truth! I have a lot of "history" with my mom too, alot of negative feedback that played for years and years in my head. I, too, finally had to just let it go and really MEAN IT. I began working on that process about 3 years ago and it wasn't until early this past year that I really began to feel it and the difference in my mental and emotional state. It is so freeing!
-------------------------------

So glad reward day has come and is gone...ugh, I went to bed feeling so bloated and blah. :/
Scale kindly repaid me for all the salt in yesterday's menu, too.

Starting my slingshot week---7 days of high carb--I am dreading it! While I enjoy my HC days every other day, having a straight week gets really old and I can feel myself start to drag about 4 days in. But, it must be done....trust the process, right?

Working on getting the bloat off today--water is well under way.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:03 AM   #187
Blabbermouth!!!

.....and as if Chris Powell is listening.... :

Old 12-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Dani! I've been "working" on my head trash for a couple of years at least.. Maybe one day I can be an inspiration like you are!!!

Would you mind sharing - on your program, on a HC day or in slingshot week, how many Gross/Net carbs is High Carb?
Old 12-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #189
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipgal View Post
Thanks Dani! I've been "working" on my head trash for a couple of years at least.. Maybe one day I can be an inspiration like you are!!!

Would you mind sharing - on your program, on a HC day or in slingshot week, how many Gross/Net carbs is High Carb?
Judy, doing the work will be so worth it in the end. It doesn't necessarily end once all the garbage is disposed of, per se...but, it makes it alot easier to meet new challenges along the way!

I consume anywhere from 100-200 carbs a day on a high carb day depending on what I've chosen to eat. I tend to hover around 145'ish mostly... On low carb days I'm only at about 50-75'ish..
Old 12-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Thanks.. I wondered if it was low or very low.. I see that it is low.. Have an enjoyable Saturday! I'm spending it cooking healthy meals~
Old 12-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #191
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipgal View Post
Thanks.. I wondered if it was low or very low.. I see that it is low.. Have an enjoyable Saturday! I'm spending it cooking healthy meals~
I dunno if it's considered low or not, but it's definitely alot more than I was used to doing strict low carb! Have fun in the kitchen! My cooking days are Sunday & Thursday, so tomorrow I'll be in there.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #192
Blabbermouth!!!

A neat little article about why we all need to get in those family pictures we avoid so much because of our weight! I know I'm guilty of it and I really am aiming to change my thought process on this.

So You're Feeling Too Fat to Be Photographed... | Teresa S. Porter
Old 12-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #193
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow. That is really good. I am totally guilty of it. She's right. We are how we are right now. Thanks for sharing that D.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:54 AM   #194
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, I had thought I'd had a really good food day yesterday.... this is one of those mornings where I'm going to contemplate everything when the scale goes up for no apparent reason.... this is one of those mornings where all I can say is, WTH?????

No, it didn't go up by much, but it still went up.....and that bothers me. However, I also know, that's what I get for weighing every day.
Will it throw me off? Will it make me want to give up? Will it derail my day and rethink my plan? NO

Merely an observation in trying to understand my body and the way it reacts to the food I eat.

Today is HC day. Time to get the scale to go back down!

12/01/13..... 233.4
12/02/13..... 232.4
12/03/13..... 231.8
12/04/13..... 231.2
12/05/13..... 230.8
12/06/13..... 230.6 --Friday
12/07/13..... 233.0
12/08/13..... 233.4
Old 12-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Hey Dani, I thought you were in slingshot week.. Wouldn't the added carbs give you more glycogen stores/water retention?
Old 12-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Dani, thank you for sharing that article. It was awesome as I am very guilty of that behavior so I really need to read that! Hope you are well and enjoying your Sunday!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:05 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Morning, Dani!

I can relate to daily weighing frustration...We do know, however, that many factors affect the number on the scale. Keep your eyes on that kicka$$ downward trend!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:53 AM   #198
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Morning Dani!!!

Love that champion's quote. You're doing great!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:01 AM   #199
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Girl, have a GREAT MONDAY!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:03 AM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Loved the conversation about childhood hurts causing us to not love ourselves the way we should. I think many (if not all) of us have leftover stuff that we've shoved back with food over the years...it was interesting and heartening to be able to relate and understand.

Don't even get me started on the stupid scale...
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:21 AM   #201
Blabbermouth!!!

Everything is annoying to me already this morning. Kinda a bummer since I've only been up for barely an hour!

My weigh in didn't help. Meh. All I can really hope is that it is back on it's downward trend and not going UP again... Haven't done anything to warrant such a jump...I blame the exercise....sore muscles. It all really stinks!

DH is leaving for an overnight out of town for work.. probably a good thing since I'm so grumpy. Gonna try and take advantage of the time and get his Xmas shopping done and hidden...DD17 is home sick today..she's finally gotten a cold.

Debating on exercise today. I took the weekend off...so sore I could not move. I may opt for the walking dvd if I get a moment alone...hopefully I'll feel better.

Nov. 30: 234.4

12/01/13..... 233.4
12/02/13..... 232.4
12/03/13..... 231.8
12/04/13..... 231.2
12/05/13..... 230.8
12/06/13..... 230.6 --Friday
12/07/13..... 233.0
12/08/13..... 233.4
12/09/13..... 233.2
Old 12-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
sorry your week is starting out so blah! Hope it gets better soon!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #203
Blabbermouth!!!

Cle~I liked it too! Had to go back and read it again today... I needed the reminder..I AM a champion.

Gotta keep going and trudging along!

Judy~ I was doing a couple LC days before I started my slingshot week..I was feeling horribly bloated from Friday I needed it!

Gail~ I needed to read that article! So guilty of that and I gotta get confident and just do it...for my kids if anything.

Blonde~ I have more mommy issues than I care to admit... she did a number on me, but, I've learned to let it go and understand that it is what it is and I am NOT her. I think that was my biggest hangup through young adult-hood, was that I did not want to be her..

Jaime~ I know! The daily weighing serves a purpose but can also be so aggravating.. I will keep trudging... the exercise didn't help my cause, I don't think Go figure, huh?

Monica~ have a great week!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #204
Big Yapper!!!!

Bummer that your Monday started out on that note. And the scale is definitely being affected by your exercise. I always struggle with that too, when I start something new. I know logically that the scale will show an increase due to water retention, inflammation, etc. I try to prepare myself mentally for it and I tell myself I'll be okay because I know exactly what is happening. And then I gain a couple of pounds and panic. Duh!

For you, I wish more logical thought than I seem to be able to manage, more peace of mind, and that you realize that you are doing more good for your body and your weight by exercising, in the long run, than by protecting that scale weight by not moving.

Do as I say, not as I do.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:15 AM   #205
Blabbermouth!!!

On my FB feed today.....yes, friends, the universe is listening to me!

Old 12-09-2013, 08:15 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

YES, You are a champion!! It's about overall health, not a number!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #207
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you, Carol

I am struggling with the exercise thing... not how I wanted to end my year (gaining) even though I know that it's doing good things for me. I will work through it because I KNOW that it's all good for me. Trusting the process! I believe in what I'm doing and nothing is going to take me down.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #208
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you, Judy!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Haha, now because of what I said that I am rethinking my afternoon exercise session today. My 2nd weigh in on this 5:2 WOE is tomorrow, and I don't want to be disappointed. Or, if I am, I want to know that it's because of my food intake on normal days and not wondering if it's because I exercised yesterday.

I try to go to the pool or fitness center on fast days. I don't work as hard as you do though, so I really should have no concerns..
Old 12-10-2013, 05:48 AM   #210
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Trusting the process is a good THEME to go with girl!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote