Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 04:26 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chalagurl
Stats: 245/240(16 weeks pregnant)/130
WOE: JUDDD
You're doing great Danielle! Great job getting to that low again! It's funny, I have a bunch of Jillian Michaels dvds and somewhere along the way I also lost my 30 day shred one. What is it with that one in particular!
Chalagurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2013, 06:13 AM   #152
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Thanks Chantal! I dunno, but I STILL can't find my shred dvd...totally thought DD had it, turns out she doesn't..so I'm gonna have to buy that again I guess
----------------------

Good LC food day. 1230 cals. 1 gallon of water.

Going to attempt a workout dvd today. It has been a long long long time since I've done any sort of exercise...this could be very very interesting

12/01/13..... 233.4
12/02/13..... 232.4
12/03/13..... 231.8
12/04/13..... 231.2
12/05/13..... 230.8

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:18 AM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Dani~ I share your dismay of public exercising...I'm so self-conscious! As we've discussed before, I love the Leslie Sansone dvd's. I have many, too. She's easy and doesn't make me feel like I'm a loser....

Loved the Choose More Lose More book! Question? What are your favorite carbs on your HC days? Inquiring minds.....
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:20 AM   #154
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Chris is HOT! That is all I can say. He's a shorty, but still totally drool-worthy!

What DVD are you going to do??
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:28 AM   #155
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Dani~ I share your dismay of public exercising...I'm so self-conscious! As we've discussed before, I love the Leslie Sansone dvd's. I have many, too. She's easy and doesn't make me feel like I'm a loser....

Loved the Choose More Lose More book! Question? What are your favorite carbs on your HC days? Inquiring minds.....
Yes! She's so nice, isn't she?

So glad the book was a hit with you! Fave carbs....hmmmmm.... gotta be corn tortillas, carrots, potatoes, and definitely bananas & honeycrisp apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Chris is HOT! That is all I can say. He's a shorty, but still totally drool-worthy!

Yes, he is!!! I think I'm going to try the new biggest loser dvd I won in a twitter chat...it still has the shrinkwrap on it and I've had it for like 4 months
Old 12-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:

I agree with her comment. His personality coupled with his looks make him the total package.

Congrats on your new low, Danielle!

I don't like people watching me sweat either...that's part of what took me so long to join a gym. One thing I like about the Y is that my preferred machine is against a wall and no one can watch my butt from behind. Hahahaha!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:39 AM   #157
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
I agree with her comment. His personality coupled with his looks make him the total package.

Congrats on your new low, Danielle!

I don't like people watching me sweat either...that's part of what took me so long to join a gym. One thing I like about the Y is that my preferred machine is against a wall and no one can watch my butt from behind. Hahahaha!
He's the absolute total package. He's adorable around his wife..he is soooo smitten with her. I love it!
Surprisingly, I was totally fine at the gym and sweating and making a fool of myself It's the gym here at home...all the itty-bitty girls running around it's insane.. I get that they're so not interested me in the slightest, but I'm not interested in becoming a side show or a viral video for you tube It's always a good day when there is no one watching my butt from behind when I exercise
Old 12-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
ok you gotta get those self conscience thoughts out of your head right away. Everyone has to start their fitness journey somewhere and everyone that IS there is trying to better themselves. You do you and don't worry about what anyone else is doing, in fact maybe allow that to fuel your fire Proud of you that you went, keep it up! I know when i go to the gym im just proud of everyone that is there trying to better themselves, thats what its all about
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #159
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
I so relate on the complex gym vs. real gym thing. We stayed in an apartment with a little gym last year and I hate that place. It was small, smelled bad, was crowded, and had a big window that the pool people could stare into. Yuck. But I my real gym. I never feel weird in there.

It's awesome that you may buy the shred again. Think about it as supporting Jillian over and over and over!!

And when you hit onederland, we should start a letter writing campaign to Chris about you and your success. You MUST meet him and get lots of pictures and post them for us. I love him too. He's hot. And nice. And hot. Really hot.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #160
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Hi Dani!!!

My shred dvd won't even play anymore. LOL Praise God!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: 269.5/251.5/150
WOE: LC/Mod Protein/HF
Start Date: This time: 8/11/14
I agree with Lexi... c'mon! Do you really think the people who are by the pool CARE what you look like? And, even if they do... read my signature line about loving yourself with all your imperfections! It's the exact same set-up by me. Only the huge picture window looks out over our beautiful rolling hills along with people at the pool Don't need to worry at this time of year though - no one is there! Maybe it's my age, but I feel that if I am trying to move my body and improve my health, they should think "good for that ole fat lady".. vs being critical of me. Whatever - I don't care in the least.

And, just because I went on that little rant, I AM going over this afternoon like I said I'd do! And, then Saturday or Sunday too. Our fitness complex is brand new and beautiful - I am blessed to have it so close by.. Now, to take advantage of it!

Started a journal on 10/5/13: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...healthier.html

"We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
~John Lennon
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #162
Blabbermouth!!!

It's not so much that I "care" what people think per se... I guess what it really boils down to is I hate it there... Amber, you hit the nail on the head..it's small and it smells bad At a real gym, yep, I love it. Just don't have 1 near me that I am uberly (yes, I made up a new word ) excited to pay into ATM.. I walk here all the time (or I used to) it's great for some incline with all the elevations we have on the property.. bottom line; the place just doesn't offer me much of anything that I can't really get in my own home. And that's all I'm gonna say about that anymore.

That being said: I did the dvd.. Dolvette was trying to kill me. I saw it in his eyes as he just kept on smiling that big fantastic smile of his! I did 30 min. I was ready to die and I even felt alittle Next time I need to remember not to start this 10 min. after consuming a cup of coffee
I feel sore Every. Where. My abs are gonna be sore sore sore in the morning!

Cle~ that's a blessing in disguise right there! I seriously have no clue where this 2nd one wandered off to.

Amber~ I dunno what I would do if I ever met him.. OMG I'd like to think I'd sit and joke around with him the way I did when I got to meet Bob Harper... Chris is amazeballs. I definitely will send in my story, I need him to see what he's done for me.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

WTG on doing the Biggest Loser workout! Girllll...Dolvett can smile at me ANY day! Lol.

Yes, the 1st workout after a long time is always hard -- but now you've got that one under your belt and you can start building momentum again. I am telling myself this as much as you...we've got this!
Old 12-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Yay on a great workout. You are on a roll! Just think what you will look like by the time 2014 arrives
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/224/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
Lol @ viral video on youtube. That's pretty much how I feel about the gym also. I love the JM shred DVD's - "shred it with weights" is one of my all time favorites, I should really try to find it. I have also misplaced a lot of things since moving, but I know they have to be somewhere! I usually don't stick to the straight up cardio dvd's but I really enjoyed using kettle bells. And with all of Jillian's DVD's you definitely feel it the next day. Ok, the next few days.

And... is that a new low I see??? Way to go!!

:: My Journal ::

Don't give up what you want most, for what you want right now.
br3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #166
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
WTG on doing the Biggest Loser workout! Girllll...Dolvett can smile at me ANY day! Lol.

Yes, the 1st workout after a long time is always hard -- but now you've got that one under your belt and you can start building momentum again. I am telling myself this as much as you...we've got this!
Don't I know it! But seriously...he kicked my @$$....all while smiling!!
I had to actually say no to my other man, Bob, and skip his portion of the workout cause I seriously thought I was gonna puke....Tomorrow Bob, tomorrow it's you & me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Yay on a great workout. You are on a roll! Just think what you will look like by the time 2014 arrives
Thank you! The idea of that just made me smile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by br3n View Post
Lol @ viral video on youtube. That's pretty much how I feel about the gym also. I love the JM shred DVD's - "shred it with weights" is one of my all time favorites, I should really try to find it. I have also misplaced a lot of things since moving, but I know they have to be somewhere! I usually don't stick to the straight up cardio dvd's but I really enjoyed using kettle bells. And with all of Jillian's DVD's you definitely feel it the next day. Ok, the next few days.

And... is that a new low I see??? Way to go!!
Someone who feels my pain! Ooo I have the Jillian weight one too....somewhere The only dvd's I've been able to stick with are TBL ones and Leslie Sansone.. I probably should've started out with one of hers for the first foreray into the exercise world, huh? Heck, it doesn't matter who's "training me" I'm gonna feel it all over! I am already WAY sore now--the morning is gonna be a doozy!

Yes. That's a new itty-bitty baby low
I'm not getting attached to it though.....tomorrow is Reward Day which = bouncy scale. It was still nice to see it though!!!
Old 12-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #167
Blabbermouth!!!

A reminder:

Old 12-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #168
I'm his Princess

Someone said Dolvett??!?
Old 12-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #169
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
A reminder:

Awesome reminder!
Old 12-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #170
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Someone said Dolvett??!?
Yes! Silly man thought I was actually enjoying myself!

Speaking of Dolvette, he has a new book with a weightloss plan... something like 3 days clean eating, 1 reward day, 2 days clean eating, another reward day... haven't looked closely enough so I can't speak to it but sounds interesting!
Old 12-06-2013, 04:40 AM   #171
I'm his Princess

His teeth makes me warm inside!!!

I follow him on Fb and people are talking about his plan. He's just sexy!
Old 12-06-2013, 05:49 AM   #172
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
His teeth makes me warm inside!!!

I follow him on Fb and people are talking about his plan. He's just sexy!
Ha Cle, you made me laugh this morning! His smile is something else...it lights up a room! I follow him there too and wow alot of people are having tons of success with his program already! Good for him!!!!
-------------------

Pretty good HC day...I came in short about 250 cals... crazy. Felt like I'd eaten all day too.. I also had an extra cuppa last night I was kinda chilled so wanted to warm up a bit.. No idea if these things affected my weigh-in today...only down .2 ... it could be anything but I'm thinking because I was so short on those calories...amazing that I actually have to eat to lose, huh?!

I am incredibly sore this morning! Crazy sore. DH asked me, you're getting up and doing it again in the morning, right? I think he likes that I'm finally doing it. Of course, I said...while inside I'm screaming mama don't make me do it! I think I will probably do a walking dvd and then some free weights after.. I dunno that I will be able to keep up with Bob & Dolvette this morning

I'm so glad it's the weekend...it's been a very long week! After DD's extra long weekend for the holiday this week has felt like an eternity. Weather is "cold"...sitting at around 34 degrees right now. It's glorious!
What's crazy is ASU students have been camping out for a few days to try and get Pac-12 tickets this weekend...the tents wrap around the stadium! Nutso!

Nov. 30: 234.4

12/01/13..... 233.4
12/02/13..... 232.4
12/03/13..... 231.8
12/04/13..... 231.2
12/05/13..... 230.8
12/06/13..... 230.6 --Friday

Last edited by DesertGurl; 12-06-2013 at 05:50 AM..
Old 12-06-2013, 05:54 AM   #173
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
They do that here for KU Basketball tickets! I think they are all LOONEY! Enjoy your chilly weather. I know the HEAT is something you do not like!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:09 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
A reminder:

Love that -- thanks for posting! I know that's one of the biggest things Chris talks about in his books. I really liked that idea, and I need to work on it much harder for myself! We are all worth it!

Quote:
Someone said Dolvett??!?
YASSSSSSSS! Lol. That smile is perfect.

Morning! Dani, glad to see your successes every week...you're doing great & helping to inspire others to try new things and/or stay on plan. Good on ya for the exercise too!

Last edited by Jayce; 12-06-2013 at 06:10 AM..
Old 12-06-2013, 06:25 AM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi Dani!!!

My shred dvd won't even play anymore. LOL Praise God!
LOL Cle!

Loved this last page or so on the 'exercise' conversation. I agree. With everyone.

For me, the best thing about it is the way it makes me feel about myself. Not the burn, not sweat, or the panting...it's the mental 'attagirl' I get after I've done something good for myself. Danielle, great job on doing the DVD! If you're really sore today, you might consider a 'walking-type' DVD this time, and back to the Dolvette dvd next time. KUTGW!!
Old 12-06-2013, 06:28 AM   #176
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
Good morning, Dani!! Soooooo close to the 20s! That's AWESOME!!! You'll have to reward yourself with a new outfit. And jewelry. It's a requirement!!
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:53 AM   #177
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning ladies! Just got back from taking DD to school....poor girl, looked like Randy from Christmas Story----I can't put my arms down!! She's all bundled up...thankfully only goes for 3 hours!

Blonde~Yes, I'm going to do a walking dvd today....I do not think I can do squats, bicep curls, or push-up's this morning. Leslie will hopefully go alittle easier on me!

J~ Chris' biggest point about his work is that anyone can lose weight and be successful if they can focus on the INSIDE first. There are reasons why many of us are overweight that plays on emotional & mental aspects...he totally gets it. I really did the work in the first part of his book....mainly because I wanted to honor the program the way it was written, and to myself...to know that I did everything to try and make the transformation. I have learned SO much about myself and have truly enjoyed the ride. My family is wreaping the benefits of my transformation and I LOVE that!

Amber~ you're a good influence on me... I can tell DH that Amber says I have to get a new outfit and jewlery so there! I love ya girl!!
Old 12-06-2013, 07:00 AM   #178
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
They do that here for KU Basketball tickets! I think they are all LOONEY! Enjoy your chilly weather. I know the HEAT is something you do not like!
It is looney! But, oh, to be young again, eh? No heat for this girl....I am just dumbfounded at how I ever got talked into moving here!
Old 12-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chalagurl
Stats: 245/240(16 weeks pregnant)/130
Enjoyed reading this whole conversation! I may not always comment, but I'm always here, lol.

Danielle, I hate hot and love cold too! I grew up in Canada and the winters were glorious there!!!

Also, great job on the exercising everyone!!!
Chalagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:48 AM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Danielle, I was just saying...I read the Chris Powell book in one sitting and there is NO WAY I would try to do this without the book. The transformation is the best part. It's not just about losing the weight, it's changing the way you deal with stuff and learning to love and accept yourself that makes this one different. Anyone can carb-cycle, or eat low carb or JUDDD. It's what you take from the experience and how you connect with yourself that makes it your LAST diet and your new lifestyle. I'm on my last diet. I don't want to go down this road again. Lifestyle change and awareness is the only way to get off of the diet roller coaster.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html