Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 04:20 AM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
D nI am staying far from the scale for at least a week, I ate crap all weekend, pie, you name it, but back on track tomorrow, and more exercise that is what I am struggling with, so I just have to get back to it and do it!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2013, 07:07 AM   #92
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
D nI am staying far from the scale for at least a week, I ate crap all weekend, pie, you name it, but back on track tomorrow, and more exercise that is what I am struggling with, so I just have to get back to it and do it!!!!
Thankfully I only did turkey day and some picking here & there on Friday...I just hate the way I feel after a couple days of off-track eating Ugh, exercise, the thing that plagues me...I dunno if I'll ever get that done
------------------------------

Great LC day yesterday--came in at 1245 cals for the day + 1 gallon of water.

Leftovers are gone and now life can resume its regularly scheduled programming....at least until 12/24

I think we're headed to a movie today...maybe some shopping. I still can't get over the fact that it is now December!

Hoping for some good losses this month. With that said, here goes nuthin.......

12/01/13..... 233.4

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Good luck in December. You seem to have found a great groove.
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chalagurl
Stats: 245/240(16 weeks pregnant)/130
WOE: JUDDD
I've started today as planned! It is going to be a LC day for me.

My weight this morning: 220.4 lbs

This is the highest my weight has been since right after my last son was born Blah...

Danielle, you are doing so great! 1245 cals just about right for a LC day. I don't track my calories because it makes me upset for some reason
Have fun being out and about today, I'm going to be a hermit
Chalagurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #95
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Good luck in December. You seem to have found a great groove.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalagurl View Post
I've started today as planned! It is going to be a LC day for me.

My weight this morning: 220.4 lbs

This is the highest my weight has been since right after my last son was born Blah...

Danielle, you are doing so great! 1245 cals just about right for a LC day. I don't track my calories because it makes me upset for some reason
Have fun being out and about today, I'm going to be a hermit
YAY!!! Aw, don't worry, it's only a starting place and will be but a distant memory. No matter what, just keep going!

I find I need to count calories because often times I actually cheat myself out of them! I've gotten to the point though that alot of days I don't start recording things til late in the day and I'm always right on target--so, all that to say, I'm getting better at knowing what my days should be like food wise without having to rely too much on tracking immediately..
I had very severe issues with counting and numbers for many years when it came to counting calories--I fought with it for many years, totally gave me major anxiety! I get it!.

Haven't gone anywhere yet, DH had to go into work for a couple hours...so I've just been doing some housework, and eating Crazy how eating is actually a "must" in order to lose some weight!
Old 12-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Yeah, I find that 3 hours actually passes really fast, and all of a sudden, it's time to eat again! That's a good feeling when you are dieting I'm trying to work up the energy to exercise right now, because I tend to stick to whatever diet I am following a lot better if I am also exercising regularly. And I love the feeling I get after exercising, but it's the initial push to do it that I struggle with Also, my kids running around my legs, while trying to do a workout dvd at home...doesn't really help

Trying a modified JUDDD woe. Aprox. 2200/1200.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I had very severe issues with counting and numbers for many years when it came to counting calories--I fought with it for many years, totally gave me major anxiety! I get it!.
Yes, anxiety is a good way to put it. Also, whenever I count calories, I tend to get depressed when I only have, say... 100 cals left for the day or even if I was slightly over my calories, and that sends me into a binge where I just eat everything in sight because I feel I have failed. So yeah, me and calories don't so well together!
Old 12-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

go*
Old 12-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

My biggest issue with exercise is the actual starting of said activity, too.. Once I can get going a few days in a row I'm golden...however, this time around I have had a super hard time finding the motivation to even start. Embarassing because it's not difficult! I had promised myself that I would start something in Oct and then, well, Oct. passed....and then November..... So, I think maybe I will try and at least get in some walking this month and not stress so much about formal workouts. At least not for this month. Frankly, I am truly amazed that I have done 2.5 months of cycling fairly pain-free!

Oh yes, the little ones always have to see what mom's up to! I remember trying to do exercise with the kids when they were little---it's a feat for sure!
Old 12-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 273/ 254 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Start Date: Jan 6th 2014
Hey Dani!

Ok, read into the plan a bit. I need to find the book but I get the gist of it.

You said you tried the Turbo version?

I'm thinking of trying this one out to start . They only thing that I need to mentally grasp is the calorie counting part. I loathe having to keep tabs on carbs let alone my cals too.

I need to do something.....I went to try on some "New" pants yesterday because all my pants slapped me with reality on friday. I couldn't fit any of them and I felt disgusted. More so yesterday when I realized that I my one long mirror in my house is apparently a warped one because the mirror at the store showed me a different person.

oye, I just journal jacked you. lol......

Ok, Im doing this I cant make anymore excuses!
Old 12-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Wierd
MissG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

I posted here and said It had to be approved by the moderator.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

That is weird, I see your post MissG!
Old 12-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

ok, its there now. Usually approval is needed if a sites mentioned or the like. but ok...lol
Old 12-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hi Dani! Stopping b to show some

Busy here but I'll be back in the morning...

You're doing great and it looks like you;ll have some company!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #106
Blabbermouth!!!

Liv~ don't worry about carb or fat counting...just count the calories and use the approved food lists...that's all you need. 1200 for LC days and 1500 for HC days.
Yes, I tried turbo for a week and lost nothing, not a clue as to why either.. I went back to doing Classic and the scale went back to moving again... I figure if things slow down then I'll try turbo again and see what happens.

Blonde~ Hey girl! Hope the weekend was a good one!
Definitely love the company!
Old 12-02-2013, 04:14 AM   #107
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Hi Danielle!

Those were just what I needed this morning. I'm going to read about Chris Powell's plan, it sounds interesting.

Quote:
A friendly reminder:

Quote:
Yes. Yes. & Yes.

This was on my FB feed today... the universe is trying to remind ME again.....
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:56 AM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Cle! LMK how you like it, I'm following his second book, Choose More, Lose More For Life... 1st book is very similar but only introduces 1 cycle (classic) and a smaller food list. His site also has alot of useful information. I'd love to see how you like it if you decide to give it a whirl!
-----------------------------------
Really good HC day. I came in alittle short on calories but figure it's ok since I wasn't absolutely sure about counts on a piece of meat I ate for dinner.. still came in about 200 cals short. Got my gallon of water in too!
So glad it's a LC day today, I'm craving eggs....and cheese!

Weather is supposed to get "very cold" here (newscast words ).... the high for most of this week is supposed to be mid-50's (but not before we have 2 more days of 70's first!)....what ever will these people do around here? Makes me crazy with this weather!

Hubbs has the day off so we'll be running errands and working on some xmas shopping. We ended up doing nothing yesterday by the time he got home from work--took longer than expected--so we just opted to stay in and watch football.

12/01/13..... 233.4
12/02/13..... 232.4
Old 12-02-2013, 06:20 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

I crave eggs and cheese too, all the time! lol
Old 12-02-2013, 06:55 AM   #110
Blabbermouth!!!

I didn't used to feel like I craved those things...but then cycling, on HC days I find myself wanting cheese and eggs alot Then on LC days I'll be thinking about rice, or popcorn.. the mind is a funny thing...always what I can't have!
Old 12-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Good Morning Danielle!

Isn't that how it always goes? I want what I can't have too. When I'm on a DD, everything looks so good...then on my up day...meh. Like today for example. I'm UP and yesterday the pumpkin pie just crooned my name all day. I promised myself Pumpkin Pie for breakfast this morning...so now I'm like...meh. Maybe I'll have eggs...

I seriously need to move my body....
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #112
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Good Morning Danielle!

Isn't that how it always goes? I want what I can't have too. When I'm on a DD, everything looks so good...then on my up day...meh. Like today for example. I'm UP and yesterday the pumpkin pie just crooned my name all day. I promised myself Pumpkin Pie for breakfast this morning...so now I'm like...meh. Maybe I'll have eggs...

I seriously need to move my body....
I get that way with my reward days where nothing is off limits....thinking of all kinds of yummy's and by the time the day comes, eh, I could take it or leave it. I laugh because the things I really do look forward too are actually things that are good for me... oh how the times have changed!
Old 12-02-2013, 08:03 AM   #113
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Oh how I am looking forward to those "very cold" days ahead this week! I'm struggling with the temps as they are right now. It's very beautiful, but I can't dress right for the whole day. I'm freezing in the morning, but by afternoon it's pleasant and I have too much clothes on. Then freezing again at night, then waking up sweating with too much cover on!

Eggs and cheese are so good! I love my JUDDD, but I do miss the LC days having as many scrambled eggs with melted cheese as I wanted.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: Unhealthy/healthier/healthy!
WOE: 5:2 Fast Diet as LC as possible
Start Date: This time: 11/17/13
Okay - you Southwest girls can stop complaining about your weather now. Just wait until it really gets bad here in the midwest and I'll hijack this thread with weather reports of ice and snow! Just kidding - I won't do that. I might mention it, but won't hijack!

As a midwesterner who must have a winter vacation somewhere warm, nothing upsets me more than going to a warm-weather spot and being in the middle of a cold snap. It has happened to me several times in Florida and The Bahamas. I think once many many years ago in Phoenix. I am sure you will all be fine putting on a few layers of clothing and showing off your fur coats for a few days.

It's funny how our minds want when we can't have that day. I think it's a universal law!

Started a journal on 10/5/13: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...healthier.html

"We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
~John Lennon
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:41 AM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Good Mornin' Dani and Ladies!

Well I'm ready! Yesterday I decided I would start today but went ahead and started yesterday. I decided I will try the 2lc/1hc plan, I think thats the turbo plan? Still reading into the do's and don'ts but also since I cant get my hands on a book right now I don't know what the allowed food lists are.

Yesterday I just did basic LC induction eating but kept my portions small. MAN, my head was telling me to eat bad things last night. I need to get past the craving phase and I'll be fine. I also walked an hour too.

Still I'm pleased that just one day LC made a difference. I am down 3.2lbs overnight. huh.. go figure!

I started a new journal too. Here's to a new start ladies!!!

THank you Dani for being an inspiration right now, I really need to be around all the positivity!
Old 12-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Afternoon, Dani (and ladies)!

Glad to hear you had a good holiday...I'm sorry your son wasn't able to make it, though. Times like that are frustrating.

You're still chugging right along...good on ya, chica!

I am considering doing some cycling b/c I really think it keeps your metabolism guessing. I've been seeing results from calorie counting, but am thinking I could ramp it up a bit. I, too, need to exercise more often. I am lazy in the winter -- yep, I know it!
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Dani, you are doing really well! You have inspired me to get that book from Chris Powell. You are making great progress.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:37 AM   #118
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Hey Dani!!!

I started cycling this morning!! Omelet for breakfast today. I'm going to do turbo and do my best to stick with it. I haven't done low carb in soooooooo long!!! I just need to stick with it.
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:27 AM   #119
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Hey girl, I have missed you!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:29 AM   #120
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Oh how I am looking forward to those "very cold" days ahead this week! I'm struggling with the temps as they are right now. It's very beautiful, but I can't dress right for the whole day. I'm freezing in the morning, but by afternoon it's pleasant and I have too much clothes on. Then freezing again at night, then waking up sweating with too much cover on!

Eggs and cheese are so good! I love my JUDDD, but I do miss the LC days having as many scrambled eggs with melted cheese as I wanted.
You sound like my DD! she gets mad cause she needs a jacket in the morning and then by noon she's hot. She's an all one way kinda girl, apparently!

The eggs were

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipgal View Post
Okay - you Southwest girls can stop complaining about your weather now. Just wait until it really gets bad here in the midwest and I'll hijack this thread with weather reports of ice and snow! Just kidding - I won't do that. I might mention it, but won't hijack!

As a midwesterner who must have a winter vacation somewhere warm, nothing upsets me more than going to a warm-weather spot and being in the middle of a cold snap. It has happened to me several times in Florida and The Bahamas. I think once many many years ago in Phoenix. I am sure you will all be fine putting on a few layers of clothing and showing off your fur coats for a few days.

It's funny how our minds want when we can't have that day. I think it's a universal law!
I'm complaining because everyone complains its "cold" here.. Pfffffttt wth, no it's not! I'm still wandering around in short-sleeves and flip-flops standing next to the lady with the turtle-neck, jeans, boots, a scarf, parka, and a big wooly hat....while she drinks a big fat Starbucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissG View Post
Good Mornin' Dani and Ladies!

Well I'm ready! Yesterday I decided I would start today but went ahead and started yesterday. I decided I will try the 2lc/1hc plan, I think thats the turbo plan? Still reading into the do's and don'ts but also since I cant get my hands on a book right now I don't know what the allowed food lists are.

Yesterday I just did basic LC induction eating but kept my portions small. MAN, my head was telling me to eat bad things last night. I need to get past the craving phase and I'll be fine. I also walked an hour too.

Still I'm pleased that just one day LC made a difference. I am down 3.2lbs overnight. huh.. go figure!

I started a new journal too. Here's to a new start ladies!!!

THank you Dani for being an inspiration right now, I really need to be around all the positivity!
I think the food lists are on his site? I thought I had heard someone mention that. Great job getting started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Afternoon, Dani (and ladies)!

Glad to hear you had a good holiday...I'm sorry your son wasn't able to make it, though. Times like that are frustrating.

You're still chugging right along...good on ya, chica!

I am considering doing some cycling b/c I really think it keeps your metabolism guessing. I've been seeing results from calorie counting, but am thinking I could ramp it up a bit. I, too, need to exercise more often. I am lazy in the winter -- yep, I know it!
I'm still bitter about Thanksgiving
Ugh, my metabolism is shot. I am thankful that this seems to be working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Dani, you are doing really well! You have inspired me to get that book from Chris Powell. You are making great progress.
Thanks Gail LMK if you decide to start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Hey Dani!!!

I started cycling this morning!! Omelet for breakfast today. I'm going to do turbo and do my best to stick with it. I haven't done low carb in soooooooo long!!! I just need to stick with it.
YAY! I responded to you over on the challenge thread. I wanted to remind you to make sure you do a HC breakfast every day regardless of what day you're on.... nothing off the fat list! I'm excited to see how your turbo goes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Hey girl, I have missed you!
Missed you more! So glad you are back!

Last edited by DesertGurl; 12-03-2013 at 06:32 AM..