LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 02:02 PM   #1051
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I know what you mean about waking up hungry after a day of overeating or too many carbs. That is a weird phenomenon, but oh so true. This listening to our bodies hunger as satisfaction messages is going to be so enlightening. I don't like that overfull feeling, so why is it I go to that point so many times? I guess I'll be finding out as the time goes on.

Have a great day today!
Ok, so I'm not a total kook when it comes to this I've been logging my hunger patterns and such and really started to question today whether what I felt this morning was really true.

I have really become used to tuning out around food... I don't think I'd enjoyed eating for a very long time. It was almost like a chore. I know that I didn't taste it half the time because I would zone out. Miserable, maybe? I also know that the eating without hunger while cycling truly started to throw me...for some reason that really shook me and I knew I could not move forward.

I'll tell ya, I did NOT like the way I felt last night! I've been careful today and feel so much better... hoping for a good night's sleep, crossing my fingers.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2014, 06:10 AM   #1052
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Hey girl, got big plans this weekend?
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:46 AM   #1053
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
HI!!

I overate a bit yesterday too, but not like "normal" overeating...it was a bit less.
I went to Souplantaion and the old 'well at least get your money's worth' mentality kicked in. I can understand why 'buffets' are to be avoided....

I've had some cooking fun myself and didn't realize how much my menus were revolving around what i could eat and what DH would eat.

I'm strangely calm about all of this.....IE stuff.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:18 AM   #1054
Blabbermouth!!!

Had a good day and went to bed feeling satisfied..
What I am noticing is that while I am truly enjoying the freedom from restriction, I am actually only able to eat very little before that satisfied feeling kicks in... I finally figured out the feeling I kept getting afterwards is that of some sort of disappointment. For lack of a better word... Disappointment because I don't get to really eat a whole lot before that satiation kicks in.... all like when I used to overeat with wild abandon. Even knowing that I can have more later if I so choose, it still sort've hovers there for a bit. I understand though, this is the kind of eating that got me to the weight I'm at so..... yeah, it's a good thing to be honoring my hunger, but still, that feeling creeps in. Just glad to have identified it and know that it's there, and why. This is one of those instances where I don't mind getting over it.

we picked up Chipotle for dinner last night after a long afternoon running around... I still got a bowl vs a burrito but was able to enjoy alittle of all my favorite goodies together.. so yummy. Oh, and some of their tortilla chips I was able to only eat about half of it before I hit my limit. I used to inhale that entire bowl, sometimes with double meat.

Trying to work on this with DH... I honestly do not understand his hunger patterns at all He claims to be in the "satisfied" stage when I've just watched him eat twice as much as me in the same time frame, but I dunno how Maybe it'll kick in for him when he's ready?
Tuesday is coming around fast and he's yet to crack open his binder w/ the "homework" they assigned us Patience....Patience....Patience.....

I saw my reflection in store window yesterday...I was able to allow myself to view myself it it's entirety.. I actually liked what I saw. Progress. The daily mirror affirmations are helping. ALOT.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:19 AM   #1055
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
I get what you mean about "zoning out" -- it's what I did the other day when I binged at work. I'd bought these chocolate-covered mini donuts which I honestly don't think taste that great, but over the course of the work day, I ate 2 packs. I felt like I could not get the "full" feeling I needed, but I was eating them really fast...dare I say, urgently? Hmmm.

Last edited by Jayce; 05-02-2014 at 09:20 AM..
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:19 AM   #1056
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
How's the IE feeling by now, D? I'm on a DD today, but have decided that while I do want it to be a lower calorie day, I'm going to try to do that naturally without a lot of counting and measuring. We'll see how that goes...
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:41 AM   #1057
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani ~ not feeling the 'kick in' from food is definitely hard. It is the 'comfort' we get from eating and eating...it lasts such a short time for me, quickly followed by enormous guilt. It's going to be the hardest part, to NOT get what we've been getting from food.

Jayce~ whenever I eat something I have previously deemed 'untouchable' I eat it really fast, almost like I won't notice that I ate it.

Carol~ I think there may be some comfort in calmly approaching your DD.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:22 PM   #1058
Blabbermouth!!!

The release I am feeling from stressing over food is allowing me to become extremely aware of my emotional state. I am finding that I am having breakthrough's time & again throughout my days as I continue to stay present with my hunger and satiation. It's freeing me to focus and face what's happening on the inside and process.

While I am noticing my reflections everywhere I'm wondering if my shape has actually changed just due to the mere fact that the stress is gone? Or am I just seeing myself in a more positive light? Or both? At any rate, it's been nice.

So we had a bit of a wait for portrait proofs this afternoon and decided to head to Starbucks......

Hadn't had one of these in eons and there was zero guilt. Refreshing and yummy.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:39 AM   #1059
Big Yapper!!!!

Starbucks is a lovely treat! You deserved that!

I am so glad you're seeing in the mirror what I'm sure everyone else around you sees all the time. A beautiful, confident (at least outwardly - fake it til you make it!), capable, intelligent woman. Maybe you're standing a little taller, and have a more direct look in your eyes. All beautiful adjustments!
Old 05-03-2014, 10:53 AM   #1060
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Dani~ AHHH Starbucks. Truly a nice way to treat yourself. It's wonderful to hear of your breakthroughs and epiphanies. So freeing!!

My new practice, starting just today is to purposely with will and aforethought speak kindly and encouragingly to myself, no matter what My Mean Girl inside is trying to spew.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:07 PM   #1061
Blabbermouth!!!

Imagine, I had a Starbucks AND a beer all in the same day. The horror
It was just one. An ice cold Blue Moon. I enjoyed it thoroughly with my burger and fries. I didn't finish anything. Well, except the beer. The beer I finished because you never leave beer.

We went to the movies after dinner and I got a diet Dr. Pepper and popcorn.. I had maybe 2 handfuls and I was done. Totally content. Zero candy & less than a 1/3 of my drink.

I slept well and got up fairly easily. I feel I could have slept longer but awoke because I was extremely hot....Gotta love the summer approaching....

Have spent time working through my book. The writing out of my answers is helping immensely with my feelings. I love it. I got glaring answers as to what my payoffs are for remaining heavy... as well as understanding that my reasons for losing just plain do not work, and never will.. Crazy stuff there.
I am only able to work through maybe a chapter at a time before I have to stop for awhile...it does get to be a lot to digest and I want to make sure I am really sitting with my reasoning and feelings about all of it. All in all, despite it being difficult, and humiliating at moments, it's been liberating.

In going with the idea behind putting positivity and affirmations into the universe every day, I'm finding that I am not nearly as exhausted by late afternoon. Who knew that negative thinking could be so tiring!
I used to think I was so tired from any number of reasons....just choose one.....or 5... I haven't eaten enough...I ate too much...I exercised too hard...I didn't sleep well....I'm bored... whatever the case, I always had an answer... Having mental clarity coming back is helping me accomplish so much throughout my day.

Blonde~ I find that my inner Mean Girl has suddenly not had much to say since I began doing this...also with my mandatory practice of affirmations every day, she sees I'm the head Beeyotch in charge right now.

And on that note: yes, I would DIE if I actually "won him"

Last edited by DesertGurl; 05-03-2014 at 12:10 PM..
Old 05-04-2014, 02:04 PM   #1062
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blonde~ I find that my inner Mean Girl has suddenly not had much to say since I began doing this...also with my mandatory practice of affirmations every day, she sees I'm the head Beeyotch in charge right now.

I know, right?! What's she gonna say? "Hey girl! I see you're doing what you want and...um...well...uh...I think...Okay."

Yeah, what she said!

I feel happy. And not even hopeful, more like 'in charge' of me. I hope you're having a great weekend!
Old 05-04-2014, 04:11 PM   #1063
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
Danielle, I want to follow along with you, too.
CarolinaCoast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:12 AM   #1064

You are doing so well. OH and CHRIS is such a super HUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2014, 09:22 AM   #1065
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning D! Did you have a good weekend?
Old 05-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #1066
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Good afternoon, Danielle! I'm here again. To follow/stalk you to goal.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:05 AM   #1067
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Good morning sunshine! Thinking of you today.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:04 AM   #1068

Missing you girl
Old 05-07-2014, 07:15 AM   #1069
Big Yapper!!!!

Where are you D? I hope everything is okay!
Old 05-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #1070
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
We miss you!

Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:03 AM   #1071

starting to worry!
Old 05-08-2014, 08:11 AM   #1072
Blabbermouth!!!

Sorry to be MIA. The days have been flying, and between DH having 3 days off and me just working on myself it feels like I've barely had time to look up. I guess also I didn't feel like I had much to say the last few days when everything seems to be falling into place and I feel less pressure or angst about weight loss, or life in general. I've Poured myself into my book, worked on answering the questions and that has been HARD. I love the release that I get from it, though, so it's all good. I've learned SO much about myself! I also have been working on my book assigned to me from my Best program and that has been enlightening as well. Tuesday's workshop was amazing and I am truly blessed to have these people come into my life at this time. Good things are coming and it's so exciting!

Through all of this I have remained true to IE and so far it's been going fantastic. I am totally convinced that by allowing myself to be free from the diet thinking is allowing me to embrace so much more going on in my life. I'm finding that by releasing all of the negativity and anxiety I had for my inability to succeed at dieting is also releasing any angst or anxiety I thought I had for real life situations to dissipate. I suddenly find myself clear-headed and ready to face things for what they are and am seeing myself remain strong. I also am SUPER proud that I haven't felt the urge to eat emotionally at all. I had resigned myself to the idea that I would always be an "emotional eater" and it would be something I would struggle with for life. Strangely, the last couple weeks have quickly started straightening out my line of thinking. It's been extremely empowering! I'm super bloated right now, but even with TOM being here I find that my mental/emotional state has remained level. Total win!

No idea why things have happened so quickly, but I feel content. Maybe I was just finally ready to be 'done'?

Old 05-08-2014, 08:14 AM   #1073
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This is so wonderful!! You are brave and strong Danielle!
Old 05-08-2014, 08:24 AM   #1074
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
That's awesome! Very inspiring!
CarolinaCoast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:11 AM   #1075
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/224/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
That is so wonderful! It sounds like you're in a great place right now, I am so very happy for you.

Good things are definitely coming!
br3n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:15 AM   #1076

Awesome Dani!!! So glad to hear all that! Graduation is coming soon too, I am sure you have your hands full prepping for that with DD17!
Old 05-08-2014, 11:01 AM   #1077
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
So glad you sound so happy!
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:34 AM   #1078

Old 05-09-2014, 07:16 AM   #1079
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Hey Danielle -- I love reading your positive post above, and I'm thrilled for you!

I always enjoy reading your journal b/c I feel that I can either relate or be inspired. Thanks for that!

Happy Friday!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:01 AM   #1080
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Awesome Dani!!! So glad to hear all that! Graduation is coming soon too, I am sure you have your hands full prepping for that with DD17!
Ugh, she's got a week left of school and then graduation the following week. I still can't believe it. Reality probably won't set in until I see her sitting out there with all her classmates. My job for the ceremony is to not completely lose it I was fine with the other 2, but she's the baby...this signifies "the end"... Quiet on her end, she didn't want a party, but I think she's going to several others with some friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Hey Danielle -- I love reading your positive post above, and I'm thrilled for you!

I always enjoy reading your journal b/c I feel that I can either relate or be inspired. Thanks for that!

Happy Friday!
Thank you, love I'm glad that you can find something of value in my ramblings, that means a lot to me!
------------------------------------

I'm finding that my daily affirmations are making a HUGE difference in my days. The last 2 days, although great food wise, mentally I feel were kinda low....lower than what I'd been feeling. It wasn't until I sat down to journal last night that I realized that I hadn't created my affirmations the last 2 mornings. I'd hit the ground running and forgot!

I used to DREAD the very idea of affirmations. I used to think, you can't be serious, that's not gonna help.... And then when my *coach* asked me to commit to finding daily affirmations and THEN saying them while looking in a mirror... Oh hell no, I thought. Boy, was I wrong. While the first week was absolutely excruciating, the 2nd week quickly became easier and I found myself looking forward to doing them. I even find myself saying them to myself throughout my day and it always creates a smile. Totally amazing what simple words can create. Just saying, "I am enough" can brighten up an entire day.

So, if you're not doing this ladies, ya really need to start. I guarantee that you will start to feel a difference.
And the best part about it all, it's all ME. *I* am doing this, nobody else. *I* am making myself smile. *I* am making myself happy.

Had a moment yesterday around 3pm where I couldn't decide if I was hungry, bored, sad, what! After about the 3rd time I'd swept through the kitchen cupboards and didn't find anything, I finally had to stop and ask myself what it was I was feeling. What did I need? Why? Turns out I was just bored. And thirsty. I ended up not eating a thing, got busy with starting some laundry and cleaning out a closet, and didn't get truly hungry until about 6:30. I think before I would have just opted to eat whatever, and probably too much of it, then proceeded to eat dinner too early, and again, probably too much of it. Amazing how simple questions saved me from overeating and also allowed me to get more accomplished in my day.

I've reminded my household that Mother's Day weekend has commenced. It's a good thing too cause I think I'm gonna actually be alone for most of the day on Mother's Day.

Dinner & a movie tonight. I love date night

Have a great weekend, ladies!!! Happy Mother's Day to all the mommy's out there!!!