WOE: JUDDD
How was the concert?
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:52 AM   #963
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Concert was amazeballs! My ears are still ringing. We had a great time with our friend and his GF....I'm so glad that I liked her, it made things much more fun For dinner we ended up eating back at the place we ate at last time--Cooperstown..so I got my old low carb standby.. It was about a mile round-trip walking so that was a little added exercise for my day I did have a coupla Michelob Ultra's at the show, but then I just downed water the rest of the night. Doing this alllll again on Friday for another show... let's see if I can keep up, I am sleepy this morning

So I remembered to weigh this morning. I am actually DOWN for the week!!! 230.2... back to where I was the day I went back to cycling... I'm relieved that the gain I had the first week is gone! Reward day tomorrow though, so this should be interesting......
At least I know that with clean eating & all the exercise I can still get the scale to move in the right direction.

I need to shop today for a gift for DH for his b-day...haven't a clue as to what to get. He makes gift buying no fun because he buys what he wants when he decides he wants it I guess I'll spend some time walking at the mall in the search for the perfect gift.

04/04 230.2 --Cycling restart
04/10 232.0
04/16 231.2
04/17 230.2

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:02 AM   #964
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I forget, who did you go to see last night? Sounds like you did great enjoying what you wanted but not going nuts.

So, 220's here you come!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:19 AM   #965
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
I bought my DH a book but need other ideas for him! DANG IT. Why are our MEN so difficult to buy for?????

If you think of an idea, PLEASE let me know
Old 04-18-2014, 07:31 AM   #966
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/225/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
Awesome! Glad things are going in the right direction for ya!

I feel you on the shopping! My DH is the same, but I can't talk because so am I. We're both spoiled and just buy everything as we want it.
br3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:42 AM   #967
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I forget, who did you go to see last night? Sounds like you did great enjoying what you wanted but not going nuts.

So, 220's here you come!
We saw Frank Turner... he's from England.. punk rock/ folk...crazy fun stuff.....ear-ringing-loud & lost-my-voice-for-the-whole-day kinda fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I bought my DH a book but need other ideas for him! DANG IT. Why are our MEN so difficult to buy for?????

If you think of an idea, PLEASE let me know
I ended up getting him this really cool back massager from Brookstone.. I also got him some stuff from the Jack Black line from Sephora--he loves that stuff! Oh, and iTunes gift card--can NEVER have too much music in this house! Now me, I'd be thrilled with a big fat stack of books for my b-day! Mine is incredibly hard to buy for...he buys instantly and doesn't think to leave some stuff for the rest of us to get for special occasions...
-----------------------------

Great HC day yesterday. I was supposed to workout for my last cardio of the week and I just could not bring myself to do it. I slept for crap the night before, and my knees were absolutely KILLING me.. I took the day off to prevent injury and decided to do the cardio today.. it paid off...I feel much better this morning and I got the 30 min. done. Feels great!!!

Something is working because I just measured after 2 weeks doing Jill's program..... and I'm DOWN 7.5 INCHES!! Nearly 2 of those just on my waist. Crazy happy right now!!

Those measurements make going into Reward Day a lot easier....at least I know something is happening!! It's going to be a long day out & about.. it's DH's birthday and he's off.... we've gotta deal with his car---lil' Miss DD17 killed his battery in his car by leaving the lights on in it all night He was none too happy when he went out to get in it to head to work yesterday Another concert tonight & dinner out... I think lunch too! I'll have to be stingy with my calories and make sure not to overdo it all.

I'm rereading Jillian Michael's book, "Unlimited"...I've read it before but I truly was not in the right headspace to really absorb what she was saying before. It really is motivating and inspiring. It absolutely goes along with what my goal is--which is total transformation. I love how she writes!

Anyone doing anything fun for Easter weekend?
Old 04-20-2014, 07:05 PM   #968
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vhuber
Hi ALL!

Just started carb cycling TODAY!!!
vhuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:44 AM   #969

OH girl! You had a great fun weekend. You did good on what you bought for DH! I think I am going Low Key for DH's day this year. I had already bought him a book I think he will like....I may just call it good at that.

Happy Easter to you
Old 04-21-2014, 07:25 AM   #970
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
7.5 inches LOST!! That is so much better than a cranky, conniving, contrary scale!

Gosh I hope your knees are better today. You inspire me to get on the exercise bandwagon...as soon as I get off the cigarette bandwagon. Today is the day.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:31 AM   #971
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Great inches lost! Yowza!

Keep up the great work!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:59 AM   #972
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhuber View Post
Just started carb cycling TODAY!!!
Best of luck to you!

Quote:
OH girl! You had a great fun weekend. You did good on what you bought for DH! I think I am going Low Key for DH's day this year. I had already bought him a book I think he will like....I may just call it good at that.

Happy Easter to you
I'm so relieved that he loved what he got. The massager is amazing and I may have to con him into using it on me at some point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
7.5 inches LOST!! That is so much better than a cranky, conniving, contrary scale!

Gosh I hope your knees are better today. You inspire me to get on the exercise bandwagon...as soon as I get off the cigarette bandwagon. Today is the day.
Cranky & conniving is right! I actually had to take the measurements twice because I did not trust myself I thought there is NO way....

Hoping the knee's better after today.. I am terrified of losing my mojo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Great inches lost! Yowza!

Keep up the great work!
Thanks Lori! It feels pretty great!!
-------------------------------------------

Friday night was SO. MUCH. FUN. !!!! We danced, sang, and drank our butts off. The funniest part was watching "the men" smile sweetly at DH We went to Hard Rock for dinner prior to the show and had the most amazing servers.. we had 2..one was training & the other one was her trainer, who was just tons of fun.. We kinda went into the evening swinging by the seat of our pants having no idea where we were going, what kind of restaurants were around...parking??...no idea.. but it all fell into place perfectly. On the downside of all of this.....Saturday I felt like death Longest day of my life! Now that I think about it, Friday night is probably the reason why my knee hurts so much

I was a naughty monkey yesterday. I didn't eat according to my program at all. No exercise. Nada. I even slept in til 9:30 with the hubb's..and we did absolutely nothing all day. Was AMAZING! We caught up with DVR'd stuff and the last show we watched was Ink Master---so all night long I dreamt about tattoos and getting them... I was absolutely disappointed to wake up today and realize I had no new ones

Today, pulling myself back together and get going.. I am giving myself today off for exercise in the hopes that my knee will feel that much better for working out tomorrow. Deathly afraid of injuring myself and being sidelined for months...BTDT Definitely chugging the water today and eating like an angel!

Tomorrow night is our first workshop for the BEST program. I am super excited. And dare I say, I am praying that Heidi & Chris are actually in town to be able to go!! I also get my autographed book from them

DH is off today. Errands and more errands today. Still on the hunt for some new shoes!
Old 04-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #973
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds like a great time, D! We have to let our hair down like that every so often. I sure hope your knee feels better tomorrow, and it's probably really smart to rest it again today, while letting all the party-induced-inflammation subside too. Tomorrow is a fresh start.

For me, Wednesday is a fresh start. DD not happening today and tomorrow too much going on food-wise. Wednesday. There, I've said it out loud.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:38 PM   #974
Senior LCF Member

Way to go!!! 7.5 inches is awesome!

Glad you had a great time this weekend, we all need a day off every now and then.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:56 AM   #975

Ready to jump back in today??? Do anything fun yesterday?
Old 04-22-2014, 06:18 AM   #976
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Hey lady -- sounds like you've been having lotsa fun over there. I know you're excited about the workshop tonight!

Have a great Tuesday!
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:18 AM   #977
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Sounds like a great time, D! We have to let our hair down like that every so often. I sure hope your knee feels better tomorrow, and it's probably really smart to rest it again today, while letting all the party-induced-inflammation subside too. Tomorrow is a fresh start.

For me, Wednesday is a fresh start. DD not happening today and tomorrow too much going on food-wise. Wednesday. There, I've said it out loud.
Ya know, I'm sure you're not happy about It, but I'm glad I'm not the only one Let my hair down like Rapunzel this weekend, that is FO'SHO'!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by br3n View Post
Way to go!!! 7.5 inches is awesome!

Glad you had a great time this weekend, we all need a day off every now and then.
Thank ya, chicky! DH and I desperately need a getaway, it's been way too long... I think we kinda were trying to get that feeling this weekend despite dodging around our parental and grown-up responsibilities

Quote:
Ready to jump back in today??? Do anything fun yesterday?
I'm ready! No, nothing too spectacular yesterday....just messed around all day long with no vision or plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Hey lady -- sounds like you've been having lotsa fun over there. I know you're excited about the workshop tonight!

Have a great Tuesday!
Tooooooo much fun I can't wait for tonight--looking for some insight and motivation!
-----------------------------

Alright, well today it's time to put my big girl panties on and get scootin in the right direction. I believe I got all my ya-ya's out and am ready to fly right. On that note, I must say, my knee is still not better. I'm just not comfortable working out on it...and I totally believe that I have not let it get better because I have not stayed off it since it started hurting...we've been on the go for 4 days. I'm going to focus on my eating the rest of this week, get things cleaned up in the food area and get myself back to good.... even my water has suffered greatly and has left me feeling incredibly parched and dehydrated. I'll begin with Jillian again on Saturday. I really need this knee not to swell and hurt so much. Elevating it and icing it today, hopefully that helps.

Workshop tonight... the focus is "Body"....They're going to go over nutrition & exercise.. they told us to "be comfy"....not sure what all that entails, but I'm thinking maybe going over small exercises that we can do to ensure we are getting in some form of movement every day. We also had homework from last time--a couple worksheets regarding transformation readiness & learning style. Chris & Heidi are off on another adventure so they're not gonna be there.

I found this on a great health & fitness blog...I've posted something similar before, but I LOVE the message....

Old 04-22-2014, 08:44 AM   #978
Big Yapper!!!!

So sorry about the knee still acting up. You've got to let that heal, so taking a Jillian break is the right thing to do. Maybe you would feel better about not working out if you just did some nice, gentle stretching. I always feel better after a nice session of stretching.

I can't wait to hear about tonight's session! Too bad C & H won't be there - I hope you get to see them again.

Have a great day!
Old 04-22-2014, 08:56 AM   #979
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah, I have no idea what I did to it? DH teases that it must've been something in a not-so-sober state.... of course he is KIDDING...but yes, acting like teenager for the last 4 days has come with a price somewhat Ice and elevation today until we have to leave...I pray it's not uncomfortable tonight!

I am wondering if my DH realizes that this program is outlined bases on Chris's book? I've not ever bugged him to follow me on my program, but I'm hoping that being surrounded by people who ARE doing it, who HAVE succeeded and met their weight loss goals with it, WILL excite and inspire him into starting it. I think it would help him and so far he has been game to going with me and participating...he even did his homework before I did mine!
Old 04-22-2014, 10:12 AM   #980
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like you had a fun 4 days! Take care of that knee. It is so easy to twist just a little the wrong way and cause it to "complain". You are smart to give it a few days before your next meeting with Jillian.

Enjoy the seminar tonight! I'm anxious to hear any pearls of wisdom you pick up. It is so great the DH is doing this with you!

Old 04-22-2014, 11:34 AM   #981
Senior LCF Member

I need to post that "Calm Down" image to computer monitor. That's pretty much where I've been these past 4 months. Anxious, disappointed... but keepin' on.

Sorry to hear your knee is still hurting, you definitely don't want to push it. I hope you have a good time at the workshop tonight-- how great is that for motivation, and so nice that your DH is going along with you. Maybe Chris & Heidi will make it to the next one!
Old 04-22-2014, 11:42 AM   #982
Blabbermouth!!!

I am right there with you, Bren. I think thinking some of those things irrationally is what sets me into a tailspin sometimes. I need to constantly remind myself why I'm doing this, what it is that I want from it.
Jillian is always talking about finding your "why"...that if you don't know your why, the "how" will be next to impossible to follow through with.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:16 PM   #983
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Sorry about the knee....hope the ice helps.

I am unable to do lots due to a very bad back. However, I sit in a chair and do exercises. I use weights to exercise arm and chest and the kick my legs up and down for all I am worth while sitting. It at least gets the blood flowing. There are some YouTube videos about armchair workouts. I also just punch my arms out like I am boxing.

I was just looking at some pictures of a friend on Facebook. She started Chris's program last March. I saw her then. She is now wearing a two piece bathing suit. She has lost a lot of weight. I know she walks a lot. I'll see her in June. The program definitely works. People keep asking her what she did and she says carb cycling. She is in her fifties. Her husband died a couple of years ago so she just has herself to cook for. He had cancer and they had gone to all fresh foods.

Envious of your plans for this evening. Have fun!

Old 04-22-2014, 03:10 PM   #984
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Sorry about the knee....hope the ice helps.

I am unable to do lots due to a very bad back. However, I sit in a chair and do exercises. I use weights to exercise arm and chest and the kick my legs up and down for all I am worth while sitting. It at least gets the blood flowing. There are some YouTube videos about armchair workouts. I also just punch my arms out like I am boxing.

I was just looking at some pictures of a friend on Facebook. She started Chris's program last March. I saw her then. She is now wearing a two piece bathing suit. She has lost a lot of weight. I know she walks a lot. I'll see her in June. The program definitely works. People keep asking her what she did and she says carb cycling. She is in her fifties. Her husband died a couple of years ago so she just has herself to cook for. He had cancer and they had gone to all fresh foods.

Envious of your plans for this evening. Have fun!

Thanks! I've had it iced and elevated off & on today and it feels ok right now..

I know the program works without a doubt...just seems to be hit or miss on who gets blessed with quicker weight loss I am not one of those people and it gets a little disheartening... however, I love how I get to eat and it fits my lifestyle... I am hoping through these workshops I either get a healthy dose of patience, or learn something that I'm either doing wrong, or that I'm missing completely..

I was sorry to read about your friends husband It does make me happy to know that she is keeping on and taking good care of herself!
Old 04-23-2014, 06:22 AM   #985

How did the class go last night?
Old 04-23-2014, 07:10 AM   #986
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hi sweet friend! Sounds like a great plan! Focusing on what you CAN. I will take that to heart myself.

I am also excited to hear about your work shop!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:05 AM   #987
Blabbermouth!!!

Class was great! Focus on nutrition and exercise. Of course it was led by this total cutie-patootie trainer/nutritionist. He says he's married w/ kids and over 30---I think he's lying. He doesn't look a day over 25. I certainly wouldn't mind getting trained by him, he seems very easy to talk to and holds no judgement of anyone...he has worked with the contestants from EWL when they come to PHX during their year long transformation.

Anyways....

So they took us outside for 10 min. of "movement"... All 200 of us. It was interesting, indeed! While my knee was kinda naggy somewhat, I decided to join in...because, well, I didn't want to look like a party pooper! And lemme tell ya, never in my life was I so thankful that I had Jillian yelling at me the last couple weeks....I looked like a rock star out there! Squats, knee lifts, standing poses... yep, I nailed it and did not struggle. Now my hubby on the other hand.... he was hilarious and whining the whole time...silently of course because one peep out loud and he got the ole stink eye from me..

Went inside and so began the talk about food. OH! But first.... so, they gave us these binders that we were finally allowed to open this session--they teased us with them the last time!-- there was a packet of papers, and a mirror glued to the very front.. So Mr. Cutie-Man tells us we're beginning the first exercise... we are going to have a staring contest with ourselves... we are gonna look into that mirror, straight into our very own eyes and we are just going to look. As he is saying all this, the anxiety inside me ramped up to about eleventy-billion.... I don't do mirrors. I do not look at myself squarely dead on for anything. I use a small compact to apply my makeup every day so that I see one "part" at a time...and when I do "look at my face" I don't really see the entire thing.. same with my body or my hair...I can use the regular mirror to do my hair, get dressed, but I never see myself truly in it's entirety. I have NEVER shared that with anyone. And in fact, my own husband just found out about that fact a couple years ago... He never realized what I was doing, he never knew. I could already feel the tears starting to sting my eyes and I thought, oh great, I'm gonna bawl like a baby! The exercise starts and I am resisting looking in that stupid mirror... and then I just did it. And yep, the tears came. Of course there is total silence except this very serene music they put on.... Lo & behold.....I was NOT the only one with the waterworks!! I was SHOCKED! Several women behind me started, and then across the room a woman burst into tears towards the end.. Of course my poor hubby freaked when he realized I was one of them and kept inching closer to me so that he could put his arm around me. He got it. And I was so thankful even moreso, to have him in that class with me. Just thinking about all of this again is bringing tears to my eyes. The purpose of the exercise was so that we can begin to open up a true relationship with our self. To really "see" us. I guess I should've known I was in trouble when he said, "ok, so are we ready to start getting comfortable with being uncomfortable?"....

But I survived, and I was proud that I made it through.

...now the food talk started... and he went over the outline of carb cycling and the importance of water. DH kinda freaked out when he saw what serving sizes were for the guys He, in fact, said out loud, aw, hell no.... to which the man in front of us turned around and said, "Amen, brother!" And got the trainers laughing and commented that he would get used to it. *That* remains to be seen. I'm not entirely sure that this husband of mine is sold on this program or even weight loss...

This was the "B" class...and there are 3 more.. E, S, T.
To earn each plaque you must read 3 books from a list they have and write reviews, journal a minimum of 1x a week for 12 weeks, and do 10 community service hours. That plaque is SO mine! ....and the other 3 too!

I'm glad we went, glad we committed to it. I'm kinda excited cause they're going to do a Spartan race in 2015 and we will be training as a group. I think it would be fun to do this with a group of people that you're spending a year with training! DH even said it sounded fun. Mind you, it takes us 40 min. to get there without traffic, so partaking in training sessions several times a week should be interesting

Went to bed last night with my mind swimming about everything we went over, all of the feelings I had felt, and questions that I had.. It felt good to know that all of this work is to help me become a better version of myself.

Last edited by DesertGurl; 04-23-2014 at 08:06 AM..
Old 04-23-2014, 08:12 AM   #988
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, wow D! That sounds just amazing! Thank you for describing it in such great detail for us. Getting comfortable being uncomfortable. Seems like I remember hearing Chris say that in some of the EWL, but I'm not sure. Just reading it makes those little stress bubbles in my stomach. But we know only too well that "comfortable" is what got us to be heavy.

I LOVE that you were rocking the movement session! So proud of you! I'm sure they were looking at you thinking "how come she can do this so easily?" Jillian saves the day!

Keep telling us more as you remember it, and as the sessions unfold. This is really great stuff!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 04-23-2014, 08:14 AM   #989
Senior LCF Member

That is SO awesome Danielle! I love the sound of every part of that! I'm sure there will be a lot of emotional "work" as well as the physical training part. It's going to be a great year for you and DH!
Old 04-23-2014, 08:31 AM   #990
Blabbermouth!!!

That mantra has always been stuck in my head and one of the reasons why I jumped into committing to Jillian...as much as she terrifies me I knew that she can help me but I have to be willing to get down & dirty with it.

Next session is "E" ...Emotion... this one freaks me out, at the same time I am super excited to embrace it. I'm convinced that this is one main component that needs work. 2 weeks can't come fast enough!

This kept running through my head during the mirror exercise... it is SO true! Yep, I may have had mascara down to my chin, and I needed to blow my nose, but man, what a powerful exercise in facing down my fears...