LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #901
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I'm so glad you're enjoying working out! Well, maybe enjoying is too strong a word, huh? I know I'm not usually "enjoying" it when I am challenging myself physically, but afterwards I usually feel great. I'm glad to hear it's making you feel great.

Seems like a bunch of us are "coming home" on our eating plans. You back to Chris Powell, Blonde and me back to JUDDD. Feels good.

Enjoy this beautiful day! We'll be heading toward AZ hell in a matter of days.
Yanno, I think I really have enjoyed it? I know, don't die of shock I think it's the mental aspect of it that I am enjoying.....I am feeling empowered. Feeling so strong and finding that by taking care of the physical stuff ensures that I eat clean for the day.

I am truly home. My body adjusted right away and almost seemed to KNOW that it was back to every 3hrs eating window..crazy!!

Not looking forward to the heat!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2014, 01:54 PM   #902
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, so a few things...

First off, just had to share that I am going to get to see Chris & Heidi tomorrow night! They are kicking off this workshop of classes here for a program called BEST.

B- Body
E- Emotion
S- Support
T- Transformation

It's 4 classes where they will teach and support for anyone looking for total transformation. This is EXACTLY what I have been looking for. To say that I am excited is an understatement. I emailed them to ask about what all is involved and they were so incredibly helpful. I am very hopeful that I have found another piece to my journey. What excites me about this is it seems to be the same philosophies that Chris uses in his books, so to have live & in color actual people to help and use as a sounding board is beyond incredible!

So, something interesting I read the other day, but forgot to post... this was in one of my food booklets for Jillian.. I found it very interesting what is a NO-NO for food... Some are obvious things, but I never would've thought the strawberries, peaches, or even the peanuts! And I never knew anything about consuming those raw veggies... All very interesting indeed, and I feel like it explains a lot of things in terms of questioning if I've ever had issues with my thyroid because I've consumed almost all those things on a regular basis minus the millet & bamboo shoots ...

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 04-07-2014, 02:01 PM   #903
Blabbermouth!!!

Jill had this on her FB page today...she's speaking to me again

Old 04-07-2014, 02:11 PM   #904
Blabbermouth!!!

No idea what happened to my pics?

Here's the food list I was talking about...

Jillian's wise words for today:

Old 04-07-2014, 03:31 PM   #905
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/225/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
So glad you're enjoying the program! I hope to transition to carb cycling at some point, it makes so much more sense for a long-term WOE. I'm just too scared to do it right now in fear that I might regain some of my weight.

That is awesome about the workshop!! Perfect timing, too! Wow, I never would have expected strawberries to be a no-no... wonder why!?

KUTGW! I love the positivity.
br3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:35 AM   #906
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
How wonderful!! The work shop sounds amazing and just what you were looking for!! Have a great time! Are you going to all the classes?
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:05 AM   #907
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Interesting, I can't wait to hear about the classes!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:25 AM   #908
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I'm so excited you're going to that workshop! You have to tell us ALL about it! Chris and Heidi really do seem like good people, and really care about helping people through these struggles. Very cool to get to meet them!

Some day I would like to be able to do something similar. I'll never be all buff and gorgeous like them, but I'd like to find a way to inspire and motivate people with the things I've learned/am learning as I am losing this weight. I'm still pondering the best way for me to do that.

Well, I live on strawberries and peaches during the summer, and PB is my go-to, so I guess I'm screwed! What exactly about them does she say is so bad?

Have a great day today!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:53 AM   #909
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by br3n View Post
So glad you're enjoying the program! I hope to transition to carb cycling at some point, it makes so much more sense for a long-term WOE. I'm just too scared to do it right now in fear that I might regain some of my weight.

That is awesome about the workshop!! Perfect timing, too! Wow, I never would have expected strawberries to be a no-no... wonder why!?

KUTGW! I love the positivity.
I can totally understand that, I wouldn't wanna regain either! I think it's such a sound program that I can see myself doing forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
How wonderful!! The work shop sounds amazing and just what you were looking for!! Have a great time! Are you going to all the classes?
I want to, but I gotta see if it's gonna work out with DD's work schedule...all sounds very informative!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Interesting, I can't wait to hear about the classes!
I'll be sharing, don't you worry about that!
Aren't you sick of me talking about Chris or my eating?

Quote:
I'm so excited you're going to that workshop! You have to tell us ALL about it! Chris and Heidi really do seem like good people, and really care about helping people through these struggles. Very cool to get to meet them!

Some day I would like to be able to do something similar. I'll never be all buff and gorgeous like them, but I'd like to find a way to inspire and motivate people with the things I've learned/am learning as I am losing this weight. I'm still pondering the best way for me to do that.

Well, I live on strawberries and peaches during the summer, and PB is my go-to, so I guess I'm screwed! What exactly about them does she say is so bad?

Have a great day today!
I love how excited and animated he gets when he's talking about his program or helping people....so adorable!! He is truly passionate about what he does and I love that! I just hope I can keep it together and not act a fool seeing them in person Seriously......

I ultimately wanted to become some sort of counselor to help people...to be there for them and help through the mental/emotional part of weight loss...I don't think there are enough resources like this out there at all.. OR, I would love to work with the Powell's and what they've got going on

I don't know why my pictures aren't staying....they show they're posted and then they disappear...so weird.. I'm going to have to try a different photo thingy...I'll post it again when I get a moment... something to do with the thyroid...
----------------------------------

Well, I am so dang proud of myself and what my body is capable of already.
So today is day 4 of Jillian and each week is a rotation of 2 week-specific workouts and a cardio..for a total of 6 days.. Today was back to the first workout from day 1...and I got through the whole thing with zero problems... no huffing and puffing, no threat of having to make a break for the bathroom, nothing... It burned, and it hurt, and I got super-duper sweaty...and dare I say, I feel pretty darn amazing!

TOM showed up early.... like way early This explains ALOT... craving for salty/sweet, back ache, and that stupid high number I saw on the scale yesterday morning This perimeno stuff is for the birds!!!

HC day today. Meals will be sort've off this evening because of my visit with Chris & Heidi... Trying to plan accordingly but it's gonna take me at least 40 min. to get there and it's right during meal time! Think he'll forgive me if I fudge my timing for today?

Gonna go work on the photo thing.....

Make today a great day, people!!
Old 04-08-2014, 11:28 AM   #910
Blabbermouth!!!

Carol, here's the NO-NO list...

Last edited by DesertGurl; 04-08-2014 at 11:38 AM..
Old 04-08-2014, 11:36 AM   #911
Blabbermouth!!!

Needless to say, I was feeling pretty dang good about what was in MY cart when I left the grocery yesterday! This lady was seriously grouchy every time we passed her....must be all those processed carbs!

Old 04-08-2014, 11:38 AM   #912
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Thank you for posting the list. Interesting.....

Have fun tonight. Can't wait to hear about it.
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:01 PM   #913
Senior LCF Member

Way to go on the workouts!!! Major progress already!

Re: Shopping Cart-- You know what gets me?? The people with all of that processed junk in their carts never have a weight problem!!!!! But there I am, circling the outside of the store, with a cart full of veggies and protein, with 120+ lbs to lose. Sigh... Well, make that 70 lbs now. Makes ya wonder. Growing up, my thin friends would go to a restaurant and order big platters of food, soda, dessert... while I sat there with a kids meal or salad and water. As an adult, I have always been on a diet of some sort, so my DH and I have never brought much junk food into our home, and anything we did buy was always "light" this or "low fat" that, like dairy. Yet, we both consistently gained weight over the past 10 years that we've lived together. Again, makes ya wonder! I guess that's why low(er) carb makes more sense to me than cutting out fat from whole foods only to replace it with sugar. Anyhoo, that's a rant for another day-- I don't want to hijack your journal.

PS. I, for one, can attest that you do already help people through their struggles, right here on LCF!! I'm so thankful to have your support!

I can't wait to hear about your classes --what a great opportunity, I'm so excited for you! Have fun!

:: My Journal ::

Don't give up what you want most, for what you want right now.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:07 PM   #914
Blabbermouth!!!

That lady was one of the rudest people I think I've ever encountered. She would sigh super loud if she thought someone was moving to slow for her liking...she'd slam those fridge doors if someone got too close to her, or said it excuse me to get by her...unreal. She made the unfortunate mistake of sighing loudly to my DH.... He walked even slower.... and then when she sighed again he turned around and asked her WTH her problem was, that she really shouldn't be in such a dang hurry because there was nothing but BOXES in her cart, nothing to spoil.... and that maybe she needed to start over w/ the cart and start in the produce instead & then she could rush around mowing people over and sigh to her hearts content The look on her face was priceless...if I was more of a B**** I woulda taken a picture of it right there in front of her

There is always something to be said for people who dieted themselves to their highest weights.....I am one of those!
Old 04-08-2014, 05:11 PM   #915
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Carol, here's the NO-NO list...

Alcohol???????

OMG, I really am screwed!

That being said, I lost a whole lotta weight eating exactly those things, so maybe not so No-No afterall. Grain of salt. Oh, thank god, salt is not on that list!
Old 04-08-2014, 05:12 PM   #916
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
That lady was one of the rudest people I think I've ever encountered. She would sigh super loud if she thought someone was moving to slow for her liking...she'd slam those fridge doors if someone got too close to her, or said it excuse me to get by her...unreal. She made the unfortunate mistake of sighing loudly to my DH.... He walked even slower.... and then when she sighed again he turned around and asked her WTH her problem was, that she really shouldn't be in such a dang hurry because there was nothing but BOXES in her cart, nothing to spoil.... and that maybe she needed to start over w/ the cart and start in the produce instead & then she could rush around mowing people over and sigh to her hearts content The look on her face was priceless...if I was more of a B**** I woulda taken a picture of it right there in front of her

There is always something to be said for people who dieted themselves to their highest weights.....I am one of those!
Oh, I'd have paid to have seen that. People....unbelievable! I wish I had the guts your husband has.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:02 AM   #917

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
OH that sounds like a FUN grocery trip!

Not sure how I would feel about the NO NO list! That list is tough!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:47 AM   #918
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
I really don't blame you for cart shaming that lady if she was rude. i hate rude people. they need to just stay home!!

i judge peoples grocery carts sometimes lol i know i shouldnt but im like "why are you eating that crap?!?"
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:11 AM   #919
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Alcohol???????

OMG, I really am screwed!

That being said, I lost a whole lotta weight eating exactly those things, so maybe not so No-No afterall. Grain of salt. Oh, thank god, salt is not on that list!
YMMV I'm sure... it makes me question though, maybe that's why I've struggled over the years? Being borderline diabetic I'm sure creates more susceptibility for certain people, no?

Quote:
Oh, I'd have paid to have seen that. People....unbelievable! I wish I had the guts your husband has.
My husband is fearless when it comes to confronting people.. he has so problem calling people out on their BS or owning his own for that matter.... it's funny though because when he does it people kinda freak, he's not a small guy by any means He works in sales so he's used to doing this stuff all day long----me not so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
OH that sounds like a FUN grocery trip!

Not sure how I would feel about the NO NO list! That list is tough!
That list! I'm not following her eating plan, but found it all very interesting because I'd never heard of that before about the thyroid...makes ya think!The people who are following her food program though, AMAZING results!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
I really don't blame you for cart shaming that lady if she was rude. i hate rude people. they need to just stay home!!

i judge peoples grocery carts sometimes lol i know i shouldnt but im like "why are you eating that crap?!?"
Rudest person I've ever come across...I mean, seriously, it's groceries, lady!!! How bad can it be?? :rollyeyes: She seriously was the grouchiest human in the building! I think it's human nature for people to think things when they're doing something different.... I could care less what people are eating, but makes me wonder when you're attacking people with your cart & making odd sounds when you're not getting your way!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:05 AM   #920
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy anniversary to us! Hard to believe the hubs and I have been married for 19 years.....together for 21..... it's been a long, sometimes hard, road...but I wouldn't change any of the things that have happened... EVERYTHING happens for a reason!

Yesterday's food was alllllllll wonky by mid-afternoon.... I ended up pretty much missing my last 2 meals of the day.... By 10pm and we were just getting home from the workshop and I was STARVING, I gave myself permission to eat fast-food.... ordered a burger, and yep, small fries.. by the time we got it home---order was totally wrong for the burger, some weird sauce on it and it was cold, and the fries were greasy... I couldn't even choke it down for the sake of trying to ingest some calories.. I had maybe 2 bites of the burger and threw it all out.. MEH! So, I went to bed hungry. Divine intervention, perhaps?

Heidi & Chris were AMAZING. Couple hundred people there, small enough to make it feel intimate. They shared their story of how they started and how they follow their own program every single day. Did you know that Chris was living in his car & had an addiction to painkillers at one time? It's in his book, I'd totally forgotten about that until he spoke about it. That was just like 6 or 7 years ago! Chris sat down with an overhead and was explaining the idea behind weightloss/health goals were not always linear..and how making small promises to yourself every day were the steps towards those goals.. some of them may not even relate to weight at all... All so very true. He was stressing the importance of holding yourself accountable, to have integrity in order to achieve dignity.. I LOVE how passionate he gets when he speaks about his life and what he does!

The foundation that runs this program does cute little auctions every meeting to raise $ since everything is non-profit.. The last item was an autographed book by the entire Powell Pack---including Cash Well, DH took 1 look at me and nodded and says, it's yours... so he waited a bit while people were bidding....20, 25, 40, 50...made it up to $90...DH goes to $100 and another woman says $105.... then Heidi says, both of you for $100 is that cool? Got hugs and handshakes from both of them and Chris commented to DH how much he liked his tattoos... it was all very cool! When I get it in a couple weeks I will share a pic..

There were people there last night that have been working this program and have lost 100's of pounds...it was all very exciting! Next one is in 2 weeks and it will begin with "B"...Body... So I'm thinking that this whole thing is going to go step-by-step through Chris's book essentially... this will be great to see what others are thinking and maybe gain some new insight into my own journey.. DH even said that he'd like to go with me, and that is probably the best gift he could give me!!

Old 04-09-2014, 09:04 AM   #921
Big Yapper!!!!

That is amazing, D! How great that you are getting to do this, and I love that DH is going with you and totally supportive of it all. I didn't know that about Chris. Wow, he has come a long way, and that gives him all the more credibility in helping other people overcome their own obstacles.

I can't wait to hear more!
Old 04-09-2014, 09:13 AM   #922
Major LCF Poster!

How amazing was that? so happy you got to meet two people so important to you! did you cry? i would have HAHA

i met Guilana and Bill Rancic one time and i was a little buzzed, it was late night at the four seasons chicago. anyway i cried HAHA. heres the pic. i felt like i knew them after watching their show and going through breast cancer and fertility issues.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B&G.jpg (44.2 KB, 13 views)
Old 04-09-2014, 09:26 AM   #923

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
OMG D that is so awesome!!!!! I bet it was super!!!! And Lexi you met G & Bill, OMG you guys are rock stars, I met Meatloaf, LOL!!! His in-law lived beside us and he would come in his super big and cool RV! His little girl looked exactly like him!

Anyway as to the list, I need to cut out splenda, I am the splenda queen and coffee queen, I think I drink 60 ounces of coffee a day, Hmmm!!!!!! Everytime I try to cut back I get so cranky!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:37 AM   #924
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
That is amazing, D! How great that you are getting to do this, and I love that DH is going with you and totally supportive of it all. I didn't know that about Chris. Wow, he has come a long way, and that gives him all the more credibility in helping other people overcome their own obstacles.

I can't wait to hear more!
He totally surprised me when he asked for me to sign him up for the next class... His program got started by how he started getting his own life together...and when he met Heidi, she was going through major trauma on her end...she suffered with an 8 yr eating disorder, newly divorced... struggling to work through guilt she had about all of that and her kids... then she met Chris.. Everything truly happens for a reason...they are amazing together... Her ex-husband was there last night too and she introduced him and everything... it was very neat to see how cohesive they are and how Chris and him are truly friends, despite him being married to the mother of his 2 kids.. Much respect for all of it!

Quote:
How amazing was that? so happy you got to meet two people so important to you! did you cry? i would have HAHA

i met Guilana and Bill Rancic one time and i was a little buzzed, it was late night at the four seasons chicago. anyway i cried HAHA. heres the pic. i felt like i knew them after watching their show and going through breast cancer and fertility issues.
I saw Chris in the hall way prior to the whole thing starting..he was talking to someone...all the hair on the back of my neck stood on end and I got goosebumps everywhere... I wondered too if I was gonna cry...I was fine when they were intro'd to come in and they came down.....the minute he opened his mouth to speak and the tears came.... and THAT SMILE!!! OMG He's a lovely lovely man. There was a photo-op at the break, but by the time DH & I got there (it took us over an hour to get there!) we were kinda relegated towards the mid-back section...so by the time I woulda made it up there for pics there wouldn't have been time... there was only a 15-min. break and not everyone got pics this time.. I did get to shake their hands though when DH won me my book though, so I was happy!! Besides, I think had I been able to take pics with them, I KNOW I would've bawled like a total baby

I love Bill and Guiliana!! They are a great couple and I love baby Duke!!
Old 04-09-2014, 10:05 AM   #925
Major LCF Poster!

yup i totally get that feeling. i would have loved to have met chris too!!!

G&B were great and they were super nice.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:42 AM   #926
Senior LCF Member

How exciting for you!!! I love that your DH is so supportive AND that you got the book! Very cool.

Happy Anniversary!
Old 04-09-2014, 11:45 AM   #927
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
yup i totally get that feeling. i would have loved to have met chris too!!!

G&B were great and they were super nice.
I feel so lucky to have gotten to see him... I got to meet Bob Harper a few years back and I was a teary mess Something to be said for seeing people in person who truly inspire you, I guess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by br3n View Post
How exciting for you!!! I love that your DH is so supportive AND that you got the book! Very cool.

Happy Anniversary!
Thanks doll!! Yeah, my hubs, he's a keeper. I knew it wasn't his cup of tea but he opted in anyways because he knew it was important to me. Then we got there last night and as they began speaking about what was in store and how everything in life correlates together, he began to see this as an opportunity to change things in his professional life. He said that he sees his career very much tied into his weight issues and is thinking maybe they have something to offer to help him straighten it out. Who knew?!! He was actually listening! Can't wait for the book...not that I need it with my 3 copies already!
Old 04-10-2014, 07:40 AM   #928
Blabbermouth!!!

Good LC day yesterday. 1 gallon of water in. Workout done.

Today's my weigh-in day....

I am UP 1.8 lbs.

Yeah. I know. It's water. But, it STILL BLOWS!!!!

At least I hope it's water..... TOM here, and I have worked every muscle in my body for 6 days... but there is still that niggling shread of panic of "what if this isn't going to work"....

Focusing on the positive. I feel better. I'm getting stronger. I'm eating better.

I think what I'm worried about, is the fact that today is a HC day, and then TOMORROW is REWARD DAY.... and that naturally bounces my weight anyways... so then I'll be up even more and have even MORE to work off... Meh!

Focusing....Focusing.....Focusing......

Old 04-10-2014, 08:12 AM   #929
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good LC day yesterday. 1 gallon of water in. Workout done.

Today's my weigh-in day....

I am UP 1.8 lbs.

Yeah. I know. It's water. But, it STILL BLOWS!!!!

Focusing....Focusing.....Focusing......
I hear ya!!! I know I should say something positive, but that does blow! Boooooooo!

Now that I got that out of the way -- it's TOM -- don't sweat it!! You are doing ALL the right things and it WILL turn around!
Old 04-10-2014, 08:20 AM   #930
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Dani~ your experience at the work shops sounds amazing! I've never met a celebrity in person that made me cry, but I cry at Parades, the National anthem ....and when I went to a Dolly Parton concert years ago, I was in tears the whole time, she just blew me away....go figure.

Dammit the scale! Dammit! Hopping mad. Why oh why can't it cooperate?? Wouldn't it be great if we could reason with it? "Come on honey, Mama's been so good, gimme some love today".... But no. The scale is a relentless bee-atch. Dani
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote