Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 12:10 PM   #841
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
If you charged the DVD on a credit card call the company and tell them you did not receive the goods. They should credit your account and then they will find out what is happening.

Good luck!
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2014, 01:08 PM   #842
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Bren~ I have every faith you'll figure all of this out and start seeing the results you want once again I am a WW dropout about 10x over Just cannot handle the freedom apparently

Seabreezes~ thank you! I think it's been "found"!

Update on my box.....
So I called them yesterday around 4pm e.s.t. only to be told "to wait" and that I couldn't try to do anything about getting my money back until around April 10...

I happened to check the tracking info again this afternoon, not really believing that anything new would show...and what do I find? Miraculously around 4:30'ish e.s.t. there shows a "scan" for the pkg. "arriving" in the PHX hub... then this morning around 3am e.s.t. it shows it being scanned and processed and sent to a hub here...... Now showing a new revised delivery date of the 27th... Just like Magic!

I'll believe it when I see it!

Maybe the Universe is tired of hearing me complain?

I am feeling SO much better today compared to the last few days at this time... no headaches and no fatigue.. YES!

I had a small dark patch on my left cheek that seemingly refused to go away... what I've noticed already after just 4 days back to LC'ing is that it is lightening in color... interesting indeed. Maybe I can get it go away completely, that'd be amazing! I can't remember if I had this when I did Atkins full throttle last time... Or if I was able to control blemishes with eating the way I was? I also noticed that my skin last night was not nearly as dry when I went to lather myself with lotion before bed...I'd had to practically bathe in a vat of cream because my skin had been so dry and itchy the last few months... much better last night! I love seeing/feeling stuff like this...the stuff that gets annoying after while from having to just deal/cope with it somehow.. Yay!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:27 PM   #843
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
All sorts of good thing happening! YAY
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:23 AM   #844
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
D- I had psorasis for years when I started LC it all went away! I was getting it back and said well that is a sign I am eating too much sugar or flour, already it is getting better! It does effect everything!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:51 AM   #845
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
All sorts of good thing happening! YAY
Definitely! I really have to start looking at all these little things, it's what helps keep me going when I start feeling down about my progress..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
D- I had psorasis for years when I started LC it all went away! I was getting it back and said well that is a sign I am eating too much sugar or flour, already it is getting better! It does effect everything!
It's all so interesting how the body works.. I know for my DD17 she suffered with eczema for years and when she was dx'd gluten/soy intolerant all of it went away... she has had some teeny-tiny flairs but I think mainly due to the fact that she decides to partake in some wheat-containing foods...but then it goes away quickly when she flies right again.. My skin definitely adores high fat eating...loves it.. My only hope is that I will be able to continue along this path..
--------------------------

Another successful day yesterday.... however I'm thinking that I am really gonna have to watch calories with this way of eating..
For some reason when I got up this morning I totally thought it was Friday....so, I got on the scale... (still half asleep, mind you).. and was not very impressed with what I saw.. I was down about .6 from Sunday.. Yeah Yeah Yeah.....it's only been 4 days...once I woke up and was able to actually count how many days it's been BUT STILL.... really??? I didn't start 100% until Sunday on plan, and I want to make Friday's my weigh in day... so, for that, I'm gonna just have to live with whatever it says for this weeks particular weigh-in since the timing's all wonky.. I still don't have to like it! ( We really need a more stern looking tongue-sticker-outer-smiley... ) I guess those days of losing upwards of 5+ lbs in a week restarting are really over for me.. Meh..

The last 3 days of eating I've hit 1700 cals, 2000 cals, and yesterday was around 2200 Definitely need to assess what is happening here and see if I can make some changes.. I DO think I've had alittle too much sodium with the bacon...so that may need to go

Something super odd going on with the arch on my right foot... started a kinda naggy pain yesterday off & on but then went away until today... started just as I was sitting here, that naggy achy feeling and then it really started to just hurt... and it REALLY hurts when I stand up and walk, or more my foot/toes in any capacity...the pain spreads around the bottom of my arch and through my toes.... Seriously, WTH?? It's not swollen, bruised, nor have I fallen or hit it on anything... Nerves, maybe? Sheesh, it's always something!!! I really need this to feel better, we have a show to go to tonight and I really wanna enjoy it without being in pain :/
Old 03-27-2014, 10:27 AM   #846
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/224/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Definitely! I really have to start looking at all these little things, it's what helps keep me going when I start feeling down about my progress..

It's all so interesting how the body works.. I know for my DD17 she suffered with eczema for years and when she was dx'd gluten/soy intolerant all of it went away... she has had some teeny-tiny flairs but I think mainly due to the fact that she decides to partake in some wheat-containing foods...but then it goes away quickly when she flies right again.. My skin definitely adores high fat eating...loves it.. My only hope is that I will be able to continue along this path..
--------------------------

Another successful day yesterday.... however I'm thinking that I am really gonna have to watch calories with this way of eating..
For some reason when I got up this morning I totally thought it was Friday....so, I got on the scale... (still half asleep, mind you).. and was not very impressed with what I saw.. I was down about .6 from Sunday.. Yeah Yeah Yeah.....it's only been 4 days...once I woke up and was able to actually count how many days it's been BUT STILL.... really??? I didn't start 100% until Sunday on plan, and I want to make Friday's my weigh in day... so, for that, I'm gonna just have to live with whatever it says for this weeks particular weigh-in since the timing's all wonky.. I still don't have to like it! ( We really need a more stern looking tongue-sticker-outer-smiley... ) I guess those days of losing upwards of 5+ lbs in a week restarting are really over for me.. Meh..

The last 3 days of eating I've hit 1700 cals, 2000 cals, and yesterday was around 2200 Definitely need to assess what is happening here and see if I can make some changes.. I DO think I've had alittle too much sodium with the bacon...so that may need to go

Something super odd going on with the arch on my right foot... started a kinda naggy pain yesterday off & on but then went away until today... started just as I was sitting here, that naggy achy feeling and then it really started to just hurt... and it REALLY hurts when I stand up and walk, or more my foot/toes in any capacity...the pain spreads around the bottom of my arch and through my toes.... Seriously, WTH?? It's not swollen, bruised, nor have I fallen or hit it on anything... Nerves, maybe? Sheesh, it's always something!!! I really need this to feel better, we have a show to go to tonight and I really wanna enjoy it without being in pain :/
All of the little benefits add up! Be sure to remember them as you go, it makes dealing with scale disappointments a LOT easier. Being down .6 is much better than being up 3, as in my case. I seem to remember sodium being ok, actually important, especially in the first few days but I guess exactly how much is an individual thing. Keep in mind also that the first week of induction is usually just water weight and you've probably got that under control already from carb cycling. No worries, you've got this!

Sorry about your foot! I've had similar issues before, the pain comes out of nowhere and then vanishes on its own. I have no idea why!? Hopefully it will work itself out before Jillian gets to your door!

Enjoy the show tonight!!! I'm jealous, even though I went Tuesday.

:: My Journal ::

Don't give up what you want most, for what you want right now.
br3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:33 AM   #847
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm definitely happy that I'm not UP....I would beat my scale into submission if that was the case The water thing is probably totally true...but I did go off plan for about a week and half, completely and totally before I began LC...maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought it was

I think I may look into getting some hormone testing done.. something there seems off to me... still thinking about it..

Yeah this foot thing is bizarre... I have had it on ice for awhile this morning and it still hurts a lot.. Ibuprophen isn't working either, so I'm at a loss
Old 03-27-2014, 11:55 AM   #848
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I'm definitely happy that I'm not UP....I would beat my scale into submission if that was the case The water thing is probably totally true...but I did go off plan for about a week and half, completely and totally before I began LC...maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought it was

I think I may look into getting some hormone testing done.. something there seems off to me... still thinking about it..

Yeah this foot thing is bizarre... I have had it on ice for awhile this morning and it still hurts a lot.. Ibuprophen isn't working either, so I'm at a loss
It can't hurt to have some testing done, at least to rule out any issues. I am having some weird hormonal things going on myself with my cycle being 2 weeks early this month. When I first started LC it was very heavy, but always regular. Now it's random & light again. I think they do some kind of hormone test at Lifetime, because when I had my assessment done he was asking me questions about my cycle and sex drive but I shut that down real quick! Now I'm wishing I had asked him exactly what they looked at because it's being wonky.

Aw, I bet you weren't as "bad" as you feel you were. Never thought I'd see the day I was feeling guilty over eating a carrot.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:58 PM   #849
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
You are down, and that's what counts! Being this age with all the hormonal "stuff" and slowing metabolisms really blows! I keep trying to delude myself that I'm not really in my 40's, but things keep reminding me (wonky cycles, harder to lose weight, reading glasses - hate those!)

I'm not sure what to think about this yet, but I've been reading up and watching YouTube videos from some gals that do a plan called Eat More 2 Weigh Less. What they are saying does make some sense to me, and wouldn't that be a miracle if it were true??? That we need to reset our metabolisms, train them to deal with more calories (not starve ourselves), make them believe we will give them enough fuel to thrive, and also gain muscle and lose fat? Oh my! Intriguing!

I'm starting JUDDD again on Tuesday, 4/1, and I think I'm going to give myself more on UDs to test this theory.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:57 AM   #850
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/210/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
Hey Dani! Do you think the problem with your foot might be plantar fasciitis? I've had it before from walking/using the elliptical a lot, and it felt a lot like what you're describing. Ouchie! Hope it feels better soon!
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:08 PM   #851
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi D! Hope you are having a great day! Any word on Jillian?
Old 03-29-2014, 11:20 AM   #852
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, I had a big huge post written and the computer ate it

In a nutshell, yes, I finally got Jillian in all her glory...she means business..

unnamed (2).jpg

Thursday night concert was brilliant. I did well at dinner, but did have 2 Michelob Ultra's.. I did get in a gallon of water by early afternoon and I'm thinking that helped my weigh in Friday morning.. I'm down 1.8 after 4 days being on 100%.. I woke up at 3am completely dizzy, nauseated and a horrific pain in my stomach..... spent the entire day in bed, ate very little but did manage my gallon of water. No idea where this came from and having trouble discerning if it's really my stomach that's in pain? I have gotten super hungry but have kept food to a minimum because I'm afraid it's not gonna stay down.. but you'd think if I had a stomach thing food wouldn't sound good at all? Still have a bit of pain today but mild compared to yesterday, so I guess I'll just watch things and see how I feel come morning.. *sigh* it's always something
Of course DH has been joking that I ended up with major "contact high" from the concert....man, it was BAD (probably the worst I've ever smelled @ a show)...but seriously, I doubt that's what this is

Laying low again today and praying I wake up tomorrow feeling good.
And hoping like heck that this sick stuff doesn't come back to bite me somewhere on the scale in the next week....
Old 03-29-2014, 11:58 AM   #853
Big Yapper!!!!

Aww, D! I hope you feel much better. Keep a close watch on that, it sounds kind of mysterious. Sometimes in the past I've wondered if maybe it hurts when we are losing fat internally. Like those fat cells are tearing away and it causes pain. I'm sure it doesn't work that way, but I've wondered....

Wow, are you going to be busy with Jillian! It looks like an amazing system. You're gonna be ripped!
Old 03-29-2014, 12:18 PM   #854
Senior LCF Member

Woah, that's a lot of Jillian! My muscles ache just looking at all those DVDs. That's going to be an awesome workout! Totally know what you mean about the contact high, I thought I had a mild buzz from my beer, but it was probably something else. Take it easy & hopefully you'll be feeling better by tomorrow!
Old 03-30-2014, 04:55 AM   #855

Carol- I went yesterday for reading glasses, ughghg I feel so old but my arm is not long enough to read labels anymore, LOL!!!!

Glad you got Jillian!!! That will keep you busy!!
Old 03-30-2014, 09:23 AM   #856
Blabbermouth!!!

Feeling better today. Thank God! I slept like a rock last night and woke up to totally overcast no sun outside Which now, will eventually make me sleepy again

Absolutely terrified to start Jillian's program...I had planned to start this weekend, but getting sick kinda threw a wrench in that, so I'll have to start this week.. I still need to read through all the paperwork that came with it...all sorts of neat stuff, a 90 day journal, a meal plan (I probably won't use this?), and info on increasing your metabolism.. I even got a handy-dandy bookmark that has Jill doing some crazy yoga pose on it!

DD17 heads back to school this week so a tiny bit of structure back to our weeks...not that she's gone for hours anyways--she only goes to school for 3 hrs a day but at least it keeps me knowing what day of the week it is
Old 03-30-2014, 04:00 PM   #857
Big Yapper!!!!

I think you're smart to read up on all of the stuff from Jillian's program. You really need to know the big picture and then bite off the small beginning part to really chew on. I'll bet you'll see huge differences doing all that stuff.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:36 PM   #858
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Hi Dani! Hope you're feeling better. I'm anxious to know what you think of Jillian's program when you get started on it. Definitely wait till you're over whatever "bug" you've caught.

Take care.
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:15 AM   #859

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Dani hope you are feeling better girl! With Spring Break done, man it screams how close to end of the school year we are, doesn't it?? Your youngest is graduating, right???
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:54 AM   #860
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I think you're smart to read up on all of the stuff from Jillian's program. You really need to know the big picture and then bite off the small beginning part to really chew on. I'll bet you'll see huge differences doing all that stuff.
Definitely reading up first... I do not want to die. All kidding aside, I just think that she has a lot to offer in terms of fitness and good health. Her understanding of the psychological side of weight loss is incredible, too... I REALLY wish she had come here again for her tour she's doing right now.. AMAZING. Hoping she will whittle me down all over, that is the plan.. Have I said how scared I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Hi Dani! Hope you're feeling better. I'm anxious to know what you think of Jillian's program when you get started on it. Definitely wait till you're over whatever "bug" you've caught.

Take care.
I am feeling ALOT better, thank you!! I am going to wait a few more days to start her program until I feel like my energy is back... gives me a chance to catch up on the literature sent with the program..

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Dani hope you are feeling better girl! With Spring Break done, man it screams how close to end of the school year we are, doesn't it?? Your youngest is graduating, right???
Oh girl, you have NO idea how glad I am to be nearing the end of this year! My FB status would say a lot about that today Seriously, so done with the ridiculous parents dropping of their kids and their rude behavior! She graduates at the end of May... I cannot believe it!!!
---------------------------------

Great day yesterday, despite feeling somewhat worn out by about 5pm... I'm assuming that I'm not "all the way" well, yet... so I am sorta taking it easy the next couple days...going to eat well and stay hydrated.

Working on a 2 mile walk today and 10 min. of "the hoop" ...that blasted thing is gonna be the death of me

On to another great day!
Old 03-31-2014, 03:19 PM   #861
Senior LCF Member

Glad you're feeling better! It's a good idea to take it easy until you're feeling 100% again. The only thing worse than exercise is exercising while you don't feel well. I had no idea Jillian toured, that's kind of neat. She will have you whittling away in no time! I bet you'll love the program, can't wait to hear about it.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:32 PM   #862
Blabbermouth!!!

She just started doing this---She started last year based off her book, Maximize Your Life... and I think the tour she's doing right now is the same stuff, and though I've already seen it, I would LOVE to see her again! I won tickets from Live Nation to go (I woulda gone anyways), pretty great seats...and then while we were there, I happened to be dinking on Twitter and saw that Ali Vincent (first girl winner) was there and giving away a pair of "up front seats"... I sent DD17 scurrying out to the lobby and she actually won them!! So we ended up sitting like 5th row front and center, it was awesome! The message she sends is so empowering and uplifting, I think everyone left there floating
Old 04-01-2014, 06:45 AM   #863

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Way to go on the walking and the hula!!!!! You are doing great!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:41 AM   #864
Senior LCF Member

Very cool! It's so important to keep that inspiration and motivation alive during the process. That's why I keep finding myself going back to Chris Powell's books even though I'm not following his food plan. He has a way with words, I can choose a random page or chapter and I'll be re-charged in about 5 minutes. I guess it was his show and then his book that finally got me off my butt back in September, when I was miserable and just spending all of my energy feeling sorry for myself. Thank goodness there are people like Chris and Jillian out there who fully understand that this struggle goes way beyond physical fitness.

How is the hula going?? I was going to try that a few years ago, but I'm so not coordinated.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:09 AM   #865
Blabbermouth!!!

Ugh, Monica, unfortunately I still suck at that hula! Just awful! Won't be winning any kinda contests with my "talent"

Bren, I go through Chris's book at least 2x a week...I have a hard copy and a downloaded version on my ipad Jillian's books are also very enlightening, especially her book, Unlimited.

The hula thing for ME has been really hard. I dunno why? My DD17 makes it look SO easy I'm pretty sure my DH could prolly do it too! I keep doing it because it at least gives me a fit of giggles for a good 10 minutes every day.
-------------------------------

Loooonnnnnng night last night

Woke up around 3am feeling "strange".... My entire abdomen felt bloated and big, but then I started having massive anxiety... I finally went downstairs and camped out on the couch with the tv and just stayed up. *yawn*..... Everything calmed down about 5am and I figured might as well stay up since DD was gonna be up in another hour.... I am sure I'll be paying for it later this afternoon Not a clue WTH is going on.... I feel totally fine this morning, ate breakfast and had my coffee..

I am wondering if this plan is not agreeing with me? Despite the last minute weight gain at the end of my carb cycling venture, the entire time I cycled I had no issues with my belly.... I dunno, something to think about, I guess. I'll go a few more days and see what happens....I may end up back cycling before I even know it?!

DH off today so I gotta busy day ahead... maybe I'll beg him to take me to a movie, maybe I'll get in a good nap?

Have a great day, loves!
Old 04-01-2014, 08:29 AM   #866
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Good morning, Dani! Glad to hear you're feeling better...Jillian is no joke! Good on ya for taking on a new challenge.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:55 AM   #867
Big Yapper!!!!

Sorry to hear you had a rough night. It always kind of stresses me out when I don't sleep well, thinking it could be affecting my weight loss efforts. That said, I never get to bed early enough, and I should work on that! Hope you get that nap today!
Old 04-01-2014, 10:31 AM   #868
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Hope you get to feeling back to normal soon!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #869

Hope you are feeling better to start Jillian!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:20 AM   #870
Big Yapper!!!!

'Morning Sunshine! Hope you felt and slept better last night!