LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2014, 05:08 PM   #811
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
I read Grain Brain a few weeks ago. If what he says is true, we really should change our diet to follow his. I can't quite give up grains, but am trying.

Costco had some gluten free bread. It is different, but OK. Not completely grain free, but at least gluten free.

Hope the new food plan works for you. I know how hard it is!!
I've only gotten thru the beginning of the book so far...eye-opening already. Kinda scary, actually!

Thanks for the support. I had really hoped the cycling was going to be my straight shot all the way to goal, but I guess I'm meant to take a detour (or 3 ) along the way! I'll get there, one way or another, I'll figure it out!
--------------------------

So I think I'm all set. Went to the grocery this morning--what a strange visit it was-- to be able to buy some butter and full-fat cheese. Ooooo and the bacon! I think if they wouldn't have thrown me in grocery jail I may just have hugged that entire case of bacon merchandised there

Finding that I'm a little rusty with the program and will need to be reading through my book again to revisit food lists and to reassure myself that I've made the right choice. What I do know; ultra low-fat/ low-cal eating isn't going to work for me... I'm debating on trying to eat every 3 hrs, like I did while cycling... I'm actually not sure it will even be doable as I tend to not ever be hungry when I'm totally LC We'll see how I do. I will be keeping track of portions and calories though because I think I tend to overdo it a lot when I just allow myself to run willy-nilly with the food

Feeling quite bloated and tired today.. it's gotta be the couple beers I enjoyed last night *yawn*.... still debating whether it was worth it or not

Here's hoping tomorrow starts off great!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell

Last edited by DesertGurl; 03-22-2014 at 05:10 PM..
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2014, 06:02 PM   #812
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Here is link that was posted on our JUDDD board. Intermittent Fasting: 12 Lessons Learned from 1 Year of Fasting

It is about intermittent fasting and how you really don't need to eat all the time. The link to that is in the article that first pops up about exercise. You might find it interesting now that you are changing eating styles and the fact you don't get hungry all the time. This is a way of keeping calories in check too.

It also gives some good ideas on exercise.

Last edited by Seabreezes; 03-22-2014 at 06:04 PM..
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:00 AM   #813
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Good Morning Dani! Are you having bacon for breakfast? I hope you enjoy your day. I'm betting that going back to LC will give you a great jump start.

Seabreezes, thank you for posting that link, I found it very interesting. I love his theory of eating more carbs/calories on days you train and cut back on rest days. Makes sense, but we get in the habit of eating basically the same each day.

Have a good day Dani, let us know how you're doing!
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:30 AM   #814
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
Good morning, Danielle!! I love that you felt like a rebel or something grocery shopping. I swear my grocery cart is the healthiest when I eat LC. Tons of delish veggies and yummy meats and cheeses.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:03 AM   #815
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Here is link that was posted on our JUDDD board. Intermittent Fasting: 12 Lessons Learned from 1 Year of Fasting

It is about intermittent fasting and how you really don't need to eat all the time. The link to that is in the article that first pops up about exercise. You might find it interesting now that you are changing eating styles and the fact you don't get hungry all the time. This is a way of keeping calories in check too.

It also gives some good ideas on exercise.
So hard to know what's "right" and what's not....one thing says to eat every few hours, someone else says it's not important... I'll be sure to check out your link, sounds interesting! The stuff on exercise is definitely intriguing to me, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Good Morning Dani! Are you having bacon for breakfast? I hope you enjoy your day. I'm betting that going back to LC will give you a great jump start.

Seabreezes, thank you for posting that link, I found it very interesting. I love his theory of eating more carbs/calories on days you train and cut back on rest days. Makes sense, but we get in the habit of eating basically the same each day.

Have a good day Dani, let us know how you're doing!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS I had bacon for breakfast! It was like Christmas morning around here Of course everyone here is like, uhhhoookkkay you go on and enjoy that bacon..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Good morning, Danielle!! I love that you felt like a rebel or something grocery shopping. I swear my grocery cart is the healthiest when I eat LC. Tons of delish veggies and yummy meats and cheeses.
Yeah it took me a little bit while I was there to actually put anything in my cart...I suddenly felt completely overwhelmed and could not remember 1 thing to buy I always feel like I eat healthier when I'm lc'ing... altho I am really questioning my carbs even with veggies... while cycling I ate veggies with every single meal...that's 5x a day.. and I still had issues with losing consistently... I felt like I had issues with veggie carbs when I was on Atkins last year too but dismissed it as me just not doing something right... well, after 6 months of cycling with TONS of veggies and still not losing..I'm just wondering now if I'm not extremely carb sensitive altogether?
---------------------------
Day 1 has begun. Scale is up. I own it though...I sorta took a "vacation" with the eating the last coupla days knowing that I was going to be starting back today.. My body *does* love the 230's though and spent no time at all at racing back into them Crazy Crazy Crazy!!!
I need to really buckle down and not sit here for too long with these numbers...I would love love love to see the 2-teens by the end of May.. Silly me had actually thought I'd be looking at Onederland by the end of April

Beginning to wonder if Jillian got lost somewhere in the mail Tracking shows nothing past when it was scanned out of the hub to be sent here.... waiting til Tues. and then I'll have to start investigating... It just figures, the moment *I* decide that I'm ready to attempt this and stand up to her, it never shows up OYE! Well, I guess the good part of all this, I haven't gotten hurt
Old 03-23-2014, 10:18 AM   #816
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/208/180
Happy Sunday Danielle!

I know all too well about those "vacations" with eating.... time to hunker down and take it day by day. I seem to do better with this if I plan my day's food right away in the morning, and keep telling myself that I need to stick to it, 'just for today'. Sometimes I'm able to trick myself into doing it the next day too, but it doesn't always work out that way.

Oh....You and your water-drinking seemed to have rubbed off on me (haha) and I'm finally understanding the importance (and benefits) of keeping hydrated. So thanks for that. (my bladder is shaking its fist at you though..haha)

Hopeful that tracking my progress will keep me focused! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...d-journal.html
Saxy1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:00 AM   #817
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
D- You are so hard on yourself, you have been losing weight consistently which is huge! It has been piling back on me, and I gotta get this under control! It sucks, it is maddening! I am trying low carb and back to exercise, that is the biggest culprit for me and gaining I think the lack of exercise!

I think you have done a great job though,
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:00 AM   #818

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Dani - how was the weekend? See a movie? I saw Divergent, it was good. Not great like the book, but still good! Welcome to LC girl!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:00 AM   #819
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Here's to the start of a new week, Dani! That's how I'm choosing to positively frame my Monday...lol.

I need to make a list for the grocery store myself -- I have been slacking in this area, and I know that's what's stalling me right now.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:02 AM   #820
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxy1971 View Post
Happy Sunday Danielle!

I know all too well about those "vacations" with eating.... time to hunker down and take it day by day. I seem to do better with this if I plan my day's food right away in the morning, and keep telling myself that I need to stick to it, 'just for today'. Sometimes I'm able to trick myself into doing it the next day too, but it doesn't always work out that way.

Oh....You and your water-drinking seemed to have rubbed off on me (haha) and I'm finally understanding the importance (and benefits) of keeping hydrated. So thanks for that. (my bladder is shaking its fist at you though..haha)
I tend to now prep food for 3 or 4 days so I have it when I'm hungry... that is one thing I learned how to do well while carb cycling... it helped IMMENSELY! I'm glad that you've had success with the water LOL....it IS so good for you. Good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
D- You are so hard on yourself, you have been losing weight consistently which is huge! It has been piling back on me, and I gotta get this under control! It sucks, it is maddening! I am trying low carb and back to exercise, that is the biggest culprit for me and gaining I think the lack of exercise!

I think you have done a great job though,
I "was" losing consistently...all I seemed to be doing for the last month is GAINING consistently Time for a change to reign it in while it's only 8 lbs to relose instead of 30!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Dani - how was the weekend? See a movie? I saw Divergent, it was good. Not great like the book, but still good! Welcome to LC girl!
Weekend was good... quite, but good. We saw Muppets Most Wanted yesterday We had free movie money for it so we just went.. it was cute.. I want to see Divergent, but honestly that girl that plays the lead drives me nuts. She was good in The Descendants, but had been seeing her on various morning shows to promote Divergent and her voice drives me bonkers!!!!
--------------------------------

Great 1st day! Had the most amazing ribeye last night for dinner I did have a headache for most of the day which kinda sucked, but woke up today without it. Hopefully that's the end of that!

DH home again today...not sure what the plan is. We did out Costco run yesterday to stock up on water, veggies, meat, etc.. Maybe I can convince DH to go look at exercise bikes with me I really want one, so many hours I could just sit here and pedal away while I watch the telly, yeah?!
Old 03-24-2014, 11:46 AM   #821
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Danielle! I found you! Goofy story, but I had been wondering why you weren't posting to your journal, but I saw you posting to other people's journals. Then I remembered admin had to make some changes to my account (long story) and they lost my subscribed threads and that's where you went. Boy I missed a lot!

It's funny how so many of us always return to LC when we're struggling. I agree with you, it's so nice to be able to enjoy those lovely flavors of bacon, cheese, butter, beef. Yum. I'm sure enjoying it right now. Your description of being puzzled at the store really rang a bell with me! Recently when I went back to LC I did exactly the same thing. I stood there with my cart saying "Whaaaaa????? What do I get????" Then it all kicked in and my LC muscle memory was right back. Weird though. I'm glad I'm not the only one to feel that way.

I am so much for taking breaks now. I really think we do get mentally fatigued, and also our bodies get way too used to what we do for a long time. Just surprising it and doing something different makes it have to re-adapt. Then we're free to go back to what we were doing and still get some good results. We're gonna be okay - it's just taking longer than I ever anticipated.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:59 PM   #822
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/224/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
Hey Lady, hope you had a good weekend. Funny story about the grocery store! It feels so weird at first, to sit around eating the very things we have been told not to eat, and avoiding the things we have been told are so good for us our whole lives: fruit, "light" dairy, whole wheat anything, etc. I avoided LC forever because I was such a carb-addict, and thought there was no way on Earth I would be able to avoid them, but it turns out I kinda love it. I was telling a friend what I eat and sharing some recipes, while at the same time wondering how I've possibly lost 50 lbs eating that stuff??! If only it lasted forever. I personally think our bodies are smart enough to adjust to anything after a period of time so we have to stay on our toes and mix it up a little. My other theory is that I'm obviously just skinny-impaired.

You'll figure out what's best for your body eventually, all we can really do is experiment and see what happens. Honestly, for every book or article we read suggesting that we do something a certain way, there will be 3 books or articles telling us to do the exact opposite. Good luck! I hope it gives you a jump start at the very least.

Your comment about the girl in Divergent was spot on-- I feel the same way!!! I was excited about the movie, but when I saw the previews I was thinking...really? ..her? of all people? Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised.

I looove Costco. We always buy their giant tub of parmesan for meatballs, chicken parm, etc. And their Pesto. And Frigo string cheese. And Kerrygold butter. And that's probably why I'm not losing weight.

:: My Journal ::

Don't give up what you want most, for what you want right now.
br3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:10 PM   #823
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by br3n View Post
I looove Costco. We always buy their giant tub of parmesan for meatballs, chicken parm, etc. And their Pesto. And Frigo string cheese. And Kerrygold butter. And that's probably why I'm not losing weight.
This cracks me up. Me too. I LC foods.

Danielle - I'm so glad you didn't post a picture of that steak all cooked up and juicy. I might have jumped through my screen. How is day 2? Do you feel less bloated?
Old 03-24-2014, 05:31 PM   #824
Blabbermouth!!!

Carol~ nope, been posting away to my heart's content over here Kinda funny how technology can really mess us up, sometimes! I'd die without my phone or my computer for sure! Really glad I'm not the only one who freaked out while at the grocery...it was such a strange experience! I'm really going to hope that my body will thank me for switching things up and repay me with at least the low # I had prior to all of the shenanigans!

Bren~ When I first stepped into the low carb world it took me a super long time to ever get comfortable with the idea that butter and eggs were actually good for me.. I had spent my entire life as a child watching my mother diet, yo-yo, struggle & suffer with always trying to lose weight... somehow I think she managed to "diet" my weight up with hers as I got older I need to really do some more reading and understand what it is that I really should be doing for my condition.. the couple docs that I've been to have not really been all that educated in things like insulin resistance so I have yet to really know what should've been done in the first place So far, near as I can tell, low carb eating is where I should be and not deviate at all... this could explain a lot in terms of how I would feel on HC days during cycling and on reward days

Amber~ I thought about sending you a pic last night when the steaks were all done, but I thought nah, that's not nice We're having them again tonight though, so I can always snap something and send it your way? I'm feeling a lot better today, although I do have a touch of another headache coming on....however, I really think it's because I'm dehydrated from hardly having any water today.... I KNOW, the horror of it all! The bloated odd feeling I've been holding for a couple weeks now is slowly disappearing... I can still feel it some in my belly but at least it's eased up in my hands and feet.

Giant order of Quest bars showed up today.... I am going to have to hide this from the kiddo...shoulda seen her face! It was like Christmas morning!
Old 03-25-2014, 03:36 AM   #825

D- I swear one day and I feel like I lost 20 pounds the bloat and layer of fat sort of melts away, it is magical now to just keep it up! One thing we all know there is no cheating on LC, its all or nothing! Yummm ribeye!!!!
Old 03-25-2014, 06:05 AM   #826

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
OH I Love the apple pie quest bars! So does my DD12. I too have to hide them!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:07 AM   #827
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
how is the LC going for you so far?
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:08 AM   #828
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning! How's the Grain Brain? Are you still reading it?

I agree. It's a weird diet to initially start. We are totally ingrained that high fat stuff is bad. But really, when I look at my meals, they are so much healthier as a whole than the process/carby stuff I used to eat. I love when people say it's unhealthy and I look down at my salad with sliced steak on top and look over at their burger and fries and soda. Uhm? What? haha
Old 03-25-2014, 08:50 AM   #829
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
D- I swear one day and I feel like I lost 20 pounds the bloat and layer of fat sort of melts away, it is magical now to just keep it up! One thing we all know there is no cheating on LC, its all or nothing! Yummm ribeye!!!!
I'm glad you are starting to feel better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
OH I Love the apple pie quest bars! So does my DD12. I too have to hide them!
I've never had those ones... the few others that I tried that weren't "chocolate related" I absolutely hated so I've given up trying anything else for the time being... the cinnamon bun and peanut butter ones are

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
how is the LC going for you so far?
So far so good, thanks for asking Lexi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Good morning! How's the Grain Brain? Are you still reading it?

I agree. It's a weird diet to initially start. We are totally ingrained that high fat stuff is bad. But really, when I look at my meals, they are so much healthier as a whole than the process/carby stuff I used to eat. I love when people say it's unhealthy and I look down at my salad with sliced steak on top and look over at their burger and fries and soda. Uhm? What? haha
I haven't had a chance to read for the last 2 days---DH has been home When he's here I don't ever get to read...he talks too much or always interrupting me to "look" at something.. so I don't even try when he's around

I think when I was carb cycling was the first time EVER that I actually was eating healthfully when not straight low carbing... too often on other diets in the past, it got to be too easy to "100-calorie" pack it all day long...and with carb cycling I was pretty proud of the fact that I was eating all whole foods all day long and not just low carbing to do it..
Yeah, when I was working before and low carbing hardcore I would get questions about my food in my lunches---hard boiled eggs, salad w/ all sorts of veggies, or meat/cheese rollups, etc.. and after awhile I'd shrug and say it wasn't a fair fight to argue with someone who was clueless about nutrition.. *That* usually shut them up
------------------------------------

Starting day 3 today. So far so good on the low carb eating! Calories were extra high the first day and went down quite a bit yesterday.... I'm not quite sure where I need to be to lose at a good pace I guess I shouldn't really worry so much about it? Somehow though, I feel like they really do matter on my own particular journey..Gonna have to figure this out soon..

DH is off to work all day, DD17 is off to go hiking with a friend for the day so it's just lil ole me again. I think I'll go do a walking dvd and practice some hula-hooping.. BBL!!!

Oh, and B-T-Dubs....I believe Jillian is lost. I repeat: Jillian is lost. Tracking list says it shows estimated delivery of today..however, there is absolutely no tracking info once it left the original hub, so I have no idea what state it's even in
Old 03-25-2014, 09:11 AM   #830
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
I bet she'll still be delivered today!!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:53 AM   #831
Blabbermouth!!!

Jillian is on her way. She's too focused to get lost.

I totally agree that eating with Chris' plan makes it impossible to make bad choices. They aren't on his lists and his lists are all real foods. But yeah, with WW and other diets, it can be easy to make bad choices. At least it is easy for me.

In another day or two, track calories here and there. See about where you fall. Just so you know.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:50 PM   #832
Blabbermouth!!!

Ummmmmmmmm, me really thinks Jillian is lost

I called today to ask if they showed any different info on my package... The girl got kinda hoity-toity with me at first and started to give me the smarty-pants-I'll-show-you act until she realized that there is ZERO tracking showing once it left the hub from where it was originated from

Then she got real nice as pie and used her slow-and-easy voice...

NOthing I can do until at least the week of April 7... despite there being no tracking info on the package, cannot claim anything until after 14 days of it "being out"... Hhmmmpphhhhfffffffff I ordered this thing on March 12...

NEVER AGAIN.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:54 PM   #833
Blabbermouth!!!

Amber, I used to love to do WW because it gave me the ability to use easy-peasy processed stuff as fillers throughout my day... it sure made it easy for me to become lazy and complacent.. give me an inch and I'm takin a mile, I tell ya!

Was reading an email from Jillian this morning (oh the irony!) about insulin resistance and for sure she says to stay far far away from carbs...esp. fruit and things like pastas and rice.... of course I didn't have pastas while cycling, but I did eat ALOT of fruit and I did eat some brown rice at least 2-3x a week.. Ooops!! Guess this could explain a thing, or 20
Old 03-25-2014, 10:28 PM   #834
Big Yapper!!!!

Bummer about Jillian! Maybe she'll just appear one day soon. Not a good sign, though, with no tracking info.

Funny that Jillian was recommending staying off carbs - on BL they're always eating oatmeal and what to me seems like higher carby stuff. I agree though. I did so well incorporating carbs into my JUDDD diet for a long time, and then something happened and I just couldn't control it as well anymore.

How is your body feeling doing the LC thing, by now? Mine always feels so much better on it.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:15 AM   #835

The BL diet is pretty low calorie given that they work out 8 hours a day I dont think anyone could eat 20gm of carbs or less and work out like that, it seems like they eat a few carbs to keep up with the workouts.

Remember Hap how he was not losing and they had to cut his carbs?

Hang in there D! I agree WW does not work for me no way I can eat that many carbs from calories and lose weight!
Old 03-26-2014, 05:09 AM   #836
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Good morning, Dani & ladies!

Hope Jillian shows up on your doorstep soon -- that's frustrating when you're expecting something, and it doesn't arrive.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:15 AM   #837
Blabbermouth!!!

The piece I read from Jillian was from a newsletter I get every day from her... her recommendation for low carbs was for INSULIN RESISTANCE ...what she teaches for contestants on the show, I have no idea. Undoubtedly you have to consume some form of carbs for the amount of working out they do, for sure. In real life, also carbs should probably be consumed prior to a workout---and I'm sure what she recommends is complex carbs linked with protein...

Can't even tell you how irritated I am that my box appears to be lost After flip-flopping over and over about ordering the dang thing, I finally do....and it gets lost. I am bracing for a hassle which further serves to frustrate me because they wasted no time taking my money!

Day 4 today...thank God. Yesterday I was draggin' pretty badly by about 3pm... all I wanted was to shut my eyes for the rest of the day.. I was hungry a lot too I made some BLT lettuce wraps for dinner with a little mayo...so yummy...and then I realized that I probably shouldn't have had the tomato's Ooopppsssss! But it was so good!!!!

What I find so funny is every time I go on LC, every single time all of a sudden fruit looks absolutely amazing and I wish I could eat it When I was "allowed" to have it doing cycling, towards the end there, I was having a hard time getting excited about eating it..
Old 03-26-2014, 08:12 AM   #838
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, about the fruit!!! And especially this time of year when all the good summer fruit is coming available, and actually has a taste. I survived on peaches and plums last summer. Dangit!

Jillian, oh Jillian. Wherefore art though Jillian? I just hope you're frustration is burning some calories! Maybe that's part of her whole strategy. She gets you good and pissed off, and by the time the DVD arrives you're ready to really punch it!
Old 03-26-2014, 08:32 AM   #839
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Yes, about the fruit!!! And especially this time of year when all the good summer fruit is coming available, and actually has a taste. I survived on peaches and plums last summer. Dangit!

Jillian, oh Jillian. Wherefore art though Jillian? I just hope you're frustration is burning some calories! Maybe that's part of her whole strategy. She gets you good and pissed off, and by the time the DVD arrives you're ready to really punch it!
Ha! This is what DH said when I told him what was going on with my box He said, she's just getting you good and riled up so by the time she comes to actually kick your @$$ you'll be so mad that you'll just totally be ready to kick hers back! Gotta love a man who's trying to keep you from punching the post man

I think I spent about 10 min. at the store yesterday lusting over the fruit I finally made myself vacate and go find what I actually needed because I was getting *this* close to putting something in my cart!
Old 03-26-2014, 10:56 AM   #840
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/224/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
Oh no! Sorry to hear your Jillian program is lost. I had a similar shipping experience last month, but in that case it was just the company slacking and trying to blame the post office. So frustrating!

That's so true about fruit! I do love fruit, but tended to neglect it when I could have it. Now I'm drooling every time I cut some for my son. I honestly think it's harder for me to resist fruit right now than things like cake and pasta. Hope you're feeling better today-- I remember drinking broth in the first few days to help with carb flu. It's worth a shot if you have any around.

WW was a total fail for me, same reason. I'm better off eliminating things cold turkey than trying to have two bites of a brownie, etc. But, it certainly works for lots of people. That just goes to show how different we all are. I love LC, I just have to get myself out of this rut and find out how to make the scale move again.

Keep it up! Once these first few days are over, you'll be feeling great.
br3n is offline   Reply With Quote