Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2014, 06:06 AM   #751
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/206/180
What up, D? Did you see "Non Stop"? How was it? We have a couple of theater gift cards to use up and I was thinking about seeing that one.

Yep, like Monica said....that lyin', cheatin' scale....I've been acknowledging that my upward bounces happen for a reason, and they're usually because I wasn't completely faithful to the plan. I'm gaining control of that though...slowly.

Hope you had a great weekend!
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2014, 08:02 AM   #752
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
The scale is a LIAR and a CHEAT!!!!!!!!!

Word.

Hey Darlin! How are you this beautiful Monday morning? I'm starving and about to eat breakfast.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:23 AM   #753
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanana76179 View Post
You know...as a Christ-Follower, I believe that each of us should minister to our fellow man. That is exactly what each of you are doing in these posts. Even when you don't feel successful, sharing your testimony is so important. Just think how good it will feel this summer to wear a smaller size. i KNOW that exercising five times per week helps me forge on. if we lose one pound per week, next year we will be down 52 pounds. We can do anything. Philippians 4:13.
I cannot wait to fit into smaller clothes! Thank you so much for the reminder that it is important to share all aspects of this journey....even the ugly stuff Right now I'm settling for 4 pounds a month (if I'm lucky!) and trying to get comfortable with that kind of math It's tough sometimes when I see so many other people losing 3x that so easily

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
The scale is a LIAR and a CHEAT!!!!!!!!!
YEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxy1971 View Post
What up, D? Did you see "Non Stop"? How was it? We have a couple of theater gift cards to use up and I was thinking about seeing that one.

Yep, like Monica said....that lyin', cheatin' scale....I've been acknowledging that my upward bounces happen for a reason, and they're usually because I wasn't completely faithful to the plan. I'm gaining control of that though...slowly.

Hope you had a great weekend!
The movie was pretty good. I'd give it a B.. I love Liam..
I would gladly say that I KNOW where my bounces are coming from or are well-deserved... but I weigh, measure & count EVERYTHING and still getting the bounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Word.

Hey Darlin! How are you this beautiful Monday morning? I'm starving and about to eat breakfast.
I'm hangin! Did my hooping for the day already and irritated that I am not magically a hooping champion yet!
----------------

Up .8

Eh. It was a HC day and despite keeping it tight & clean I still got the bounce up.. I guess it is what it is!

I am going to maybe have to look at tweaking my program alittle bit? I haven't figured out how, yet. I'm going to give it another week and see if I can find a consistent trend downwards....if I don't, then I'll look into tweaking things alittle..

Still working on focusing on the fitness and clean eating...and less about the numbers.. I still weigh because I know if I don't it will create major anxiety for me and that will be no bueno in the long term.... I am going to practice maybe lessening the amount of weighing I do.. Still thinking......

I have found some AMAZING instagram accounts with women who are having amazing transformational journey's.. I love visiting and seeing the work they're putting in to achieve their dreams. It's creating a ripple effect and I can feel myself wanting that absolute change. I look forward to my exercise (such that it is right now) knowing that little by little I will build and get to where these women are.

I TRULY cannot wait to be out of the 220's And may I NEVER see them again!

03/01... 228.4
03/02... 229.4
03/03... DNW
03/04... 230.0
03/05... 229.4
03/06... 227.8
03/07... 227.8 --Friday
03/08... 230.2
03/09... 228.4
03/10... 229.2

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:27 AM   #754
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
I have really made a huge conscious effort not to weigh everyday and it has been so freeing!!!!! It's not what I obsess about like in the past. Sure it's nice to weigh every day and see the losses but when it doesn't do what you want, it really messes with your head. Instead my focus has been how I feel and keeping where I want to be in my head.

I hope you find your happy spot regarding the scale.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:34 AM   #755
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I hear you on the tweaking. Have you contacted CP for some guidance? I don't know how responsive he/his team is, but it seems like they may be able to provide some guidance/reassurance/advice.

I haven't weighed since end of January, and now I'm afraid to. So other end of the spectrum here. I'm afraid because I don't feel major changes in the downward direction, some possible upward movement, which may or may not be in my imagination, and I'm afraid if I see a number that I don't like it will send me off in a bad direction. So I wait. I don't know what the answer is about how often to weigh anymore.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:42 AM   #756
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
I have really made a huge conscious effort not to weigh everyday and it has been so freeing!!!!! It's not what I obsess about like in the past. Sure it's nice to weigh every day and see the losses but when it doesn't do what you want, it really messes with your head. Instead my focus has been how I feel and keeping where I want to be in my head.

I hope you find your happy spot regarding the scale.
I am working towards a happy place... I think what I worry about is the fact that my body has a very big habit of betraying me.... And, on a fairly consistent basis, at that As much as I would love the idea of kicking the scale to the curb altogether, it's just not my reality. I'm looking for something in between where I can learn to be ok with whatever the numbers are when/if I decide to get on it at any given time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I hear you on the tweaking. Have you contacted CP for some guidance? I don't know how responsive he/his team is, but it seems like they may be able to provide some guidance/reassurance/advice.

I haven't weighed since end of January, and now I'm afraid to. So other end of the spectrum here. I'm afraid because I don't feel major changes in the downward direction, some possible upward movement, which may or may not be in my imagination, and I'm afraid if I see a number that I don't like it will send me off in a bad direction. So I wait. I don't know what the answer is about how often to weigh anymore.
I've contemplated contacting CP...however, I'm not really down to putting it all out on FB for the entire world to see There is no way to contact him privately and that's alittle annoying to me.

I can SO relate to what you're feeling and that is exactly what I'm afraid of by staying away from the scale! You have been doing some amazing exercise though so I'm willing to bet that despite a possible gain, it's more than likely muscle weight. How are your measurements?
Don't wait to long to get on the scale just to assess where you're at. ESpecially if you're clothes are fitting better/bigger, and your measurements are shrinking!!!! You've got this Carol, you're a rockstar!!!
Old 03-11-2014, 06:30 AM   #757
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
I know the scale affects people differently. For me, I have to weigh to make sure I'm not lying to myself. Every time I eschew the scale, I gain BIG. I also know that for me, weighing every day is killer. It makes me crazy. Maybe if you try just weighing every other day? M-W-F-S? I think it's great that you're hooping and stuff. That's an NSV for sure. You know this plan works for you. It sucks that others lose so easily and seemingly without great effort. For us the pounds don't melt off, fall off or disappear. We have to work harder, longer to get any results. 4lbs a month is another 40lb gone in 10 months. That's a lot of weight! Add in the hooping and the Jillian Michaels' DVD's and you are one hot Mama by the end of this year!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:22 AM   #758
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
I know the scale affects people differently. For me, I have to weigh to make sure I'm not lying to myself. Every time I eschew the scale, I gain BIG. I also know that for me, weighing every day is killer. It makes me crazy. Maybe if you try just weighing every other day? M-W-F-S? I think it's great that you're hooping and stuff. That's an NSV for sure. You know this plan works for you. It sucks that others lose so easily and seemingly without great effort. For us the pounds don't melt off, fall off or disappear. We have to work harder, longer to get any results. 4lbs a month is another 40lb gone in 10 months. That's a lot of weight! Add in the hooping and the Jillian Michaels' DVD's and you are one hot Mama by the end of this year!!
I hear ya!!! Loud & clear!!! I do it to hold myself accountable...and really, I should only do it a coupla times a week, if that. but for whatever reason I always feel the pressure to do it daily.. I'm working on it though!!!......just not today ....yes, I got on it...so annoying!

There is no melting, magic shrinking, no waking up 8 pounds lighter...nada. You'd think that, right there, would be enough to make sure I stayed on track ALL. THE. TIME. Pffffttt apparently not.

Still hooping, but still need to order Jillian's program. I'm a tad askeered!
----------------------------------
Had a great LC day yesterday.... 1300 cals and 1 gallon of water.
Scale moved.
A little.

Bleh..

Hanging in there this week....TOM is supposed to show up Friday.. We shall see if this has anything to do with the wonky weigh-in's or if it even bothers to show up at all when it's supposed to.. Hormones really suck!

Taking DD to see Mr. Peabody & Sherman after she gets off work this afternoon.. I don't know who's more excited, me or her I remember watching this during before school cartoons every morning...I believe it was with Rocky & Bullwinkle..

Working on the idea of putting together an affirmations journal... kinda like the same concept of a dream board but more portable and more private if I choose not to share with anyone....

Old 03-11-2014, 09:15 AM   #759
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I can SO relate to what you're feeling and that is exactly what I'm afraid of by staying away from the scale! You have been doing some amazing exercise though so I'm willing to bet that despite a possible gain, it's more than likely muscle weight. How are your measurements?

Don't wait to long to get on the scale just to assess where you're at. ESpecially if you're clothes are fitting better/bigger, and your measurements are shrinking!!!! You've got this Carol, you're a rockstar!!!
Oh, thank you D! You are so supportive! I haven't measured for a couple of months either, but my clothes are fitting fine. I had gotten into a pair of 14s, and then when TOM hit over a week ago, they wouldn't fasten and 16s were fitting "not loosely", so I think I let that really make me think I had ballooned up. I am beginning to realize that it was strictly bloat and some TMI stuff too. I have committed to getting on the scale tomorrow, after a real, good, clean eating day today. It will be what it is.

Sherman and Peabody - I always loved them! I cracked up when I saw they had made a movie out of it. Talk about blast from the past.

And D, rejoice over that .4 pound loss! You worked for it, earned it, and there will be more where that came from!
Old 03-11-2014, 11:29 AM   #760
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Easily Amused
Hi Danielle,

Catching up on some of your posts...I've been hiding out waiting on my scale to catch up with my efforts, but realized that I might be waiting for awhile.

I used to love the Japanese Gardens in Portland (OR) when I lived there. I took a picture that everyone in my office wanted a blown up copy of (pre-digital camera days). I was wondering the other day what happened to that picture. It relaxed me just looking at it.

I hear you on looking for inspiration; this is my first stop!

I would be super happy with 4 lbs a month. That person that I spoke about has been averaging a lb per day...still. So aggravating. I want to ask her so bad WTH she is doing. It makes no sense to me when we are working so hard and nothing is happening or worse, things go up.

Go YOU on the hooping! I used to be able to do that in my youth, but even with my 50+ inch hips, can't seem to keep the thing up. I bet that really melts the inches!!!

When you find the secret to tweaking, let me know! I'm with you on the focusing on fitness and clean eating and less on the numbers. The alternative is not pretty. I may be ditching my daily weighing here pretty soon. I like the idea of knowing I am doing well and assuming the scale is cooperating instead of being told that it is not enough daily. Maybe torturing ourselves weekly would be better?

I saw Colbert on Jimmy Fallon talking about Mr. Peabody & Sherman so let us know how it is!

Lovely hormones...maybe we should form a Peri-Menopause Club?

Thanks again for the inspirational quotes and your positive attitude. I needed that today big time!!! WE ARE WORTH IT!!!

Easily Amused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:35 PM   #761
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh, thank you D! You are so supportive! I haven't measured for a couple of months either, but my clothes are fitting fine. I had gotten into a pair of 14s, and then when TOM hit over a week ago, they wouldn't fasten and 16s were fitting "not loosely", so I think I let that really make me think I had ballooned up. I am beginning to realize that it was strictly bloat and some TMI stuff too. I have committed to getting on the scale tomorrow, after a real, good, clean eating day today. It will be what it is.

Sherman and Peabody - I always loved them! I cracked up when I saw they had made a movie out of it. Talk about blast from the past.

And D, rejoice over that .4 pound loss! You worked for it, earned it, and there will be more where that came from!
Ugh, those dang hormones wreak such crazy havoc with everything!! I think you're weigh in will go a lot better than you think, love. You have been doing such fantastic work with your exercise! Be proud! I can't wait to hear how well you've done! Really working on being happy about the loss, even if it was miniscule.. mentally this gets exhausting...and 'round & 'round we go with the emotional/mental aspects of the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalN2014 View Post
Hi Danielle,

Catching up on some of your posts...I've been hiding out waiting on my scale to catch up with my efforts, but realized that I might be waiting for awhile.

I used to love the Japanese Gardens in Portland (OR) when I lived there. I took a picture that everyone in my office wanted a blown up copy of (pre-digital camera days). I was wondering the other day what happened to that picture. It relaxed me just looking at it.

I hear you on looking for inspiration; this is my first stop!

I would be super happy with 4 lbs a month. That person that I spoke about has been averaging a lb per day...still. So aggravating. I want to ask her so bad WTH she is doing. It makes no sense to me when we are working so hard and nothing is happening or worse, things go up.

Go YOU on the hooping! I used to be able to do that in my youth, but even with my 50+ inch hips, can't seem to keep the thing up. I bet that really melts the inches!!!

When you find the secret to tweaking, let me know! I'm with you on the focusing on fitness and clean eating and less on the numbers. The alternative is not pretty. I may be ditching my daily weighing here pretty soon. I like the idea of knowing I am doing well and assuming the scale is cooperating instead of being told that it is not enough daily. Maybe torturing ourselves weekly would be better?

I saw Colbert on Jimmy Fallon talking about Mr. Peabody & Sherman so let us know how it is!

Lovely hormones...maybe we should form a Peri-Menopause Club?

Thanks again for the inspirational quotes and your positive attitude. I needed that today big time!!! WE ARE WORTH IT!!!

We didn't make it to the gardens I'm really hoping we do quickly though because they're gonna close down for the hot summer months and I don't wanna have to wait until Fall.. I would love to see your pic you have!

Kills me to watch others drop weight without so much as blinking their eyes! I'd wanna know what she's doing too LOL I think you're doing fantastic! I have yet to truly get in real hard workouts but I'm determined to find my way!
The hooping is very trying... Drive me bonkers that I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how the heck to keep that stupid thing up!

Like I wrote about the other day, still working on letting go of the daily weigh.... so hard for me to let go of...but, the alternative is that it's starting to get to me because, like you said, it feels like it's "not enough"... which leads to very self-defeating thought processes.. stuff that I haven't thought about in so many months and I really do NOT want to backslide!
I may opt to only weigh on Thursdays, that is my truest option for optimal losses... it's gonna absolutely kill me not knowing from day-to-day!!! I think I need to do it though, just so I can regain my grip on my program and go by my *feelings* of accomplishments, how I'm feeling all over (mentally, emotionally, physically) and my nutrition..
If there's gonna be a peri club, sign me up!

Old 03-11-2014, 05:32 PM   #762
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: annabanana76179
Stats: 191/185/120
WOE: Carb Cycling
Start Date: 03/21/07
Let's try posting our meals for each day and maybe we can offer each other insight along with meal ideas.
annabanana76179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:19 PM   #763
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: annabanana76179
Stats: 191/185/120
WOE: Carb Cycling
Start Date: 03/21/07
Today's meals:
Breakfast:
1T. Honey
1 T. Apple Cider Vinegar
1 t. Cinnamon
1 scoop Zeal protein powder
1/2 c. Plain Greek yogurt
1T. Peanut butter

Lunch:
1 oz. round steak
1/4 cup orange pepper
1 T. Ponzu sauce
1 t. Corn starch

Dinner:
4 turkey meatballs with flaxseed, minced onion and Parmesan
1 cup Calabacitas con Elotes (zucchini, onion, tomato and corn)

Snack:
Cocoa dusted almonds
annabanana76179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:16 AM   #764
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Hi Danielle,

I've been reading your journal the past few days and just wanted to pop in and say Hi, and I SO feel your pain! I lost 30 lbs a year ago and have been stuck ever since! I've been low carbing since October and haven't been making much progress. Down and bit and then back up....sigh.

Anyway, I'll be following along on your journey........we'll get there!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:15 AM   #765
Blabbermouth!!!

Anna, great menu!

Lori, Thanks for stopping in! Congrat's on your losses so far! What is it about this number, drives me crazy I haven't done anything differently so why all of a sudden does everything go haywire?! Frustrating for sure but I'm not giving up....I'm much too stubborn for that Look forward to having you along for the journey!
------------------------------

Mr Peabody & Sherman...adorable. I love the little history lessons with each stop they go to in their time machine... "every dog needs a boy"..

Scale dropped some more. Honestly, don't ask me, cause I don't know I'll take it, that's for sure, but man...
I finally weigh the least that I have all this month so far... so, a new low, if you will.....

03/01... 228.4
03/02... 229.4
03/03... DNW
03/04... 230.0
03/05... 229.4
03/06... 227.8
03/07... 227.8 --Friday
03/08... 230.2
03/09... 228.4
03/10... 229.2
03/11... 228.8
03/12... 227.2

I'm switching some things around with my food a bit...starting off my 1st meal with a protein shake rather than my yogurt & granola.. I haven't deviated from the yogurt since starting cycling so maybe confusing my body around a bit will help..

I am probably going to switch to weighing only on Thursdays... I dunno..I think about going to once a week and I get the shakes! I might need to form a support group for this...

I realize that it's important though...I need to focus on so much more of the positive things that are happening besides the numbers.....cause when those get mean with me it gets really demoralizing.

I choose to believe I am more. More than a number. More than my weight.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:44 AM   #766
Big Yapper!!!!

on the new low this month! Something to celebrate!

I think switching up your eating is a great idea. I really do believe our bodies get used to the same thing and learn to adapt to in, both in good and bad ways. You're onto something!
Old 03-12-2014, 08:44 AM   #767
Major LCF Poster!

I agree 100%!!! We are so much more than the number on the scale!!!! I thought it would make me crazy if I didn't know each day but so far its not! Good luck, I'm here if you need anything! .

Yay for the new low!!!!
Old 03-12-2014, 10:31 AM   #768
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Easily Amused
Hi Danielle! (note new user name) LOL I thought Goal in 2014 was too much pressure right now and this reflects my true personality.

Way to go on your downward numbers! Woohoo!

Thursday weigh ins, huh? I'm thinking about Fridays, but...

I broke down and bought a new scale this morning after 12 days, new batteries and no downward movement. When I bought my current scale it weighed me 3 lbs more than my old scale. Well, guess what? So, does this one. MEH.

My new scale has that technology in it where it tells you the difference in the previous weights up to several days. I guess this will come in handy when I forget to write it down and my memory keeps fading.

Anyway, now we weigh the same... so I can watch you leave me in the dust, and I really am happy for you. Really! Just don't go losing a lb EVERY DAY or I will expect a detailed report.

Have a great day! And keep up the fantastic work!!!
Easily Amused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:50 AM   #769
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
on the new low this month! Something to celebrate!

I think switching up your eating is a great idea. I really do believe our bodies get used to the same thing and learn to adapt to in, both in good and bad ways. You're onto something!
Yeah, it'd been awhile since really changing up a whole lot... I'd pretty much kept my 1st meal the same regardless so I guess now it's time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
I agree 100%!!! We are so much more than the number on the scale!!!! I thought it would make me crazy if I didn't know each day but so far its not! Good luck, I'm here if you need anything! .

Yay for the new low!!!!
Thanks Melanie, I'm sure I'll come a-knockin' at some point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easily Amused View Post
Hi Danielle! (note new user name) LOL I thought Goal in 2014 was too much pressure right now and this reflects my true personality.

Way to go on your downward numbers! Woohoo!

Thursday weigh ins, huh? I'm thinking about Fridays, but...

I broke down and bought a new scale this morning after 12 days, new batteries and no downward movement. When I bought my current scale it weighed me 3 lbs more than my old scale. Well, guess what? So, does this one. MEH.

My new scale has that technology in it where it tells you the difference in the previous weights up to several days. I guess this will come in handy when I forget to write it down and my memory keeps fading.

Anyway, now we weigh the same... so I can watch you leave me in the dust, and I really am happy for you. Really! Just don't go losing a lb EVERY DAY or I will expect a detailed report.

Have a great day! And keep up the fantastic work!!!
I chose Thursday's only because of the program I follow, and how I built my week---Saturday's are actually my 1st day of each week, and Wednesday's are my last LC day of my week, so Thursday morning's would be my truest weigh-day.. If that makes sense? Friday used to be my official weigh day but because I have a HC day on Thur & then go into a "reward day" on Fridays, Thursdays are ideal.

However, today's weigh-in.... ...

I've been where you are with the switching of the scale...I hate that!!! I had to get a new one last year and it weighed me nearly 5 lbs heavier than my old one. Talk about disappointing!!!!! Just hang in there and know that you have still lost the same amount of weight---adjust your starting weight by that amount--- and know that you are NOT alone!

Oh, and I won't go leaving anyone in the dust...... my body LOVES the 220's & 230's....the 30's even more than... trying desperately to work itself up there, apparently..
----------------------------------------

So, I found a pound this morning.

....and TOM.

3 days early.

MEH!

I guess the positive aspect of that is it explains my crazy weigh-in's this week, as well as, the pound that mysteriously showed up again today... and of course I feel like a giant water balloon at the moment

Fairly clean eating day yesterday. I did have half a piece of a chocolate rice crispy treat DD offered me....HEY, pms and cravings...don't judge!
I didn't eat it all anyways, but it sure was good!

No hooping today---I feel like doo-doo... Being a girl really sucks sometimes.

Got DD17's graduation announcements yesterday. OMG It's really happening. The end of an entire era... I cannot believe that my youngest is just about done with high school and will soon be flying the coop like her siblings. UGH! So not ready for this. Graduation day will be interesting to say the least.....can you say, tranquilizer?

Weighed today....

up a pound.

Now, the key will be to stay OFF the scale until next week. I may just die.

I just realized that I'd set a goal to be to about 210 by mid-March....HA! Boy, was I dreaming
Old 03-13-2014, 08:01 AM   #770
Senior LCF Member

Those dang scales!! I'm getting on mine tomorrow and if I don't like what I see, I shall be flinging them out the window!

Keep the faith.....maybe a big loss is in your future for next week.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:42 AM   #771
Big Yapper!!!!

Ugh, TOM! It's a devil. Hooping can be challenging when that's going on, I've found, so it's a good time to skip that.

I'll be interested to see how you do avoiding the scale. We're all so different, and I even found I totally changed my mind about weighing every day. I did weigh in yesterday for the first time in a month and a half. It wasn't pretty, but I do think more is going on than just gaining back fat (although there definitely has been some of that too). If you're interested, wonder on over to my thread in the JUDDD boards Taking a "shake-it-up" break. I've been absolutely blown away by the support I've gotten from everyone, and it really does make you realize you're not alone in this battle.

DD17 graduating? I know that's going to be a tough one for Mama! Is she excited? Well, of course she is! I remember that feeling of having your whole life in front of you, and anything is possible.

Have a fantastic day, D!
Old 03-13-2014, 12:19 PM   #772
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Hey hon! Glad to read and see you are still going strong!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:17 PM   #773
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

.....a work in progress....

Working on focusing on the entire journey as a whole.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:10 PM   #774
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Great picture!

Thanks for sharing....
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:12 PM   #775
Blabbermouth!!!

unnamed.jpg

BOOM! I guess I have a long-standing date with Ms. Jillian in the coming weeks! Heaven help me!!!
Old 03-13-2014, 07:47 PM   #776
Major LCF Poster!

Bam what!!! Boo ya, get fit with Jilian!
Old 03-13-2014, 08:34 PM   #777
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Danielle...that is a good story to go by up there....I have enjoyed all of your post ....
I see that we almost live in the same neighborhood ...I am in the desert just up the way from you in Glendale...
Keep up the good job..you are a good great support to so many here...
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:03 AM   #778
Senior LCF Member

Woohoo! Can't wait to hear how you like working out with Jillian!
Old 03-14-2014, 05:01 AM   #779
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/210/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
Good for you making the decision to weigh once a week! I tried to do that when I first started out but I'm too obsessive to lay off.
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:08 AM   #780
Blabbermouth!!!

Carol~ what can I say, you're AMAZING. Yes, you gained some back, but I truly believe you've gained muscle and not a whole lot of fat. Be proud of the progress you have made, it's very inspiring. It does not surprise me that you have mad love, because you are a lovely lady with a wonderful spirit!

Lexi~ hey girl! I'm trying to keep marching....some days are harder than others!!

Lori & Melanie~ I will be sure to let ya'll know how it works out....she just may kill me but it will all be worth it. Riiiiggghhhhttt????

Mary~ Hi! Seems like everyone who's from the valley lives in Glendale I'm the odd duck always! I'm only able to be support to many because of what I get in turn---these people are amazing here!

Lauren~ this no weighing thing may just kill me! It needs to happen though because I feel myself triggering everytime I get on that stupid thing and feeling like, what's the use, there's no progress, I'm failing.... not seeing those numbers day-to-day will help with my mental/emotional side of things and force me to focus on all the other positive things I have going on.....
.....I HOPE!
-----------------------------------

NO weighing... and even if I wanted to, I couldn't......
Somewhere between me falling asleep last night & getting up this morning, DH has somehow managed to HIDE the scale. <<<<<that's everything I felt in the span of about 2 seconds when I realized that the scale wasn't where it was supposed to be when I got up this morning.... I know why he did it and I love him for it. He knows me too well!

HC day completed---1600 cals + 1 gallon of water. Feeling very bloaty today

Reward day today! No idea what the plan is for the last half of the day--dinner out, probably.. and a movie, probably. I was dreaming about movie popcorn last night so it's probably good that I will get to have some today

Jillian's program will be here in 7-10 days....and that's how long I have to heal my toe...... yes, folks, I have managed to hurt myself. AGAIN.
Luckily this doesn't appear to be too too detrimental, just knocked off half my toenail on my right big toe...no idea how I managed half, but there ya go. Only me. The trick is being able to jam my foot in a shoe by the time she's ready to come kick my butt!