Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 08:55 AM   #721
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
((hugs)) I'm glad you are back on track and faced the scale.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2014, 10:07 AM   #722
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: HaleysNana
WOE: Sugar Free...one day at a time!
Start Date: 4/12/04
Hope you don't mind me following your progress…just started carb cycling yesterday so I'm intrigued!!
HaleysNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:06 AM   #723
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
It is an unending spiral isn't it? Stick to the plan...get frustrated with plan...have issues! Why does it have to be so hard for SOME of us??? Keep in mind, you have had a ROUGH YEAR TOO! Your fall, your illnesses. That takes it toll too!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:32 PM   #724
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/225/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
lol, I think the same thing sometimes -- that we must share a brain! I definitely know how you're feeling right now, these past 6 weeks or so have really gotten the best of me. No matter how positive or optimistic we are, once the scale completely stops cooperating for such a long time, it gets tough to stay in that mindset. But, the important thing is that you've acknowledged your feelings and are back at it! That's all we can do really. You have come so far and worked so hard to get where you're at today, do not let that go. Hang on to it for dear life and then some! It may take us a while, but we're gonna do this!

:: My Journal ::

Don't give up what you want most, for what you want right now.
br3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:40 PM   #725
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Easily Amused
Danielle, great to see your lovely post! I have missed you more than you know!!!

Yanno, I was thinking so many of the same things. I'm usually a slow loser (it took me a year to lose 50 lbs and that was a good year for me!), but I had a good month (or so I thought) in February. And it is usually me watching others lose while I turtle along. I was happy, but waiting every day for something to go wrong because it was so weird for me to lose more than 1-2 lbs a week without it being a recent gain. Then boom, hormones hit along with a huge gain for no reason then I have to start the week back over again. So frustrating.

Also while I enjoyed my good month, I noticed another person in my life (not here) was losing at an even faster rate. And they actually didn't lose for ONE WHOLE DAY and complained about slow weight loss, and switched to something more extreme, but I was amused and patient. I knew eventually this person would quit losing the new diet water loss. But they didn't. They kept right on losing 1+ lbs A DAY going on almost a month now!!! My next to final reaction was that my good month wasn't so great after all and I started just getting sick of seeing this person post huge daily losses. I should have been happy for this person AND ME. What is wrong with me?!

So, as your post reminded me and as I have finally accepted: We have good and bad days, weeks, months. We lose at our own rates and sometimes we hit a sweet spot. We can't compare our journey to anyone else's. We are in this for the long haul and in the end, we will be the winners!!! Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

YOU ROCK!!!

Last edited by Easily Amused; 03-04-2014 at 01:55 PM..
Easily Amused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:48 AM   #726
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Hey hon, I am right there with you on that last post! I understand all of it and have been there.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:36 AM   #727
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Hey lady! Hoping your Wednesday is off to a good start. Lots of support & hugs to you.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:24 AM   #728
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hey Girl! The best of the best are the ones who come here day after day, week after week, up or down, great or small and continue to strive for the "goal". GoalN2014~ spot on assessment of our human-ness.

I (and most of us, I think) can so relate to what you're going through. Why can't the weight we lose be gone forever? Why is it the constant 'pounding the nail'? Crap-on-a-stick is what I say! It ain't right. I cheer your heart, your human-ness, your need to succeed. No matter what happens in life, whatever pounding you're taking at the moment, you come back and re-assess and start again. You will not be stopped. You will not be deterred. You are smart and amazing!
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #729
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
WOW. I am truly touched! Ya'll made me cry....tears of gratitude! What a lovely way to come in here and feel such compassion and support. THANK YOU! Monica, Carol, Blonde, Jamie, Melanie, Amber, Carol, Bren & Glyn...you girls are THE BEST!

I won't ever give up. I've come too far to turn back. I've learned so much about myself, my body, weight loss, and life in general, in the last 6'ish months that I've been on this journey. I'm positive that what I've learned and experienced in life, especially the last several years, has made me the strong, bad@$$ chick I am today. So much, so, that it won't allow me to just up 'n' quit, walk away, or give up. Ever. It's hard to do that when you FINALLY believe in yourself. When you FINALLY can see the road before you. When you FINALLY believe in yourself and what you deserve.

I think somewhere in my subconscious mind, I set about to try and sabotage myself just because those insecurities about failing, or feeling less than, come creeping out of the woodwork, especially when progress isn't glaringly obvious all day long.... But, guess what, I was too strong mentally to give in all the way. That has NEVER happened. Ever. What I began to realize when I sat down and got real honest with myself was that I AM doing this, I AM losing weight, I AM changing inside & out, I AM becoming the person I've always dreamed of becoming. Honestly, I think somewhere I had a thought of being scared at that idea...scared that I was actually doing it & succeeding. I am focusing on embracing the idea that I CAN have it all and that *I* am really going to do it this time.

In other news...

Perfect on plan day yesterday with food. I came up 12 oz short on my water....I know, the horror of it all! All in all, a really great day!!
Scale was down a smidge so I know my body is appreciating me being back on plan.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #730
Blabbermouth!!!

Love that Japanese proverb! YOU are doing all those things above. Re-read some of your journal next time you derail. You are making amazing progress, physically and mentally. You are an inspiration. And you WILL hit your goals. I know it!!
Old 03-05-2014, 12:35 PM   #731
Senior LCF Member

Go Danielle Go! Awesome job!!!

Love the motivational quotes, too! We got this!!!

Old 03-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #732
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/225/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
Quote:
I think somewhere in my subconscious mind, I set about to try and sabotage myself just because those insecurities about failing, or feeling less than, come creeping out of the woodwork, especially when progress isn't glaringly obvious all day long.... But, guess what, I was too strong mentally to give in all the way. That has NEVER happened. Ever. What I began to realize when I sat down and got real honest with myself was that I AM doing this, I AM losing weight, I AM changing inside & out, I AM becoming the person I've always dreamed of becoming. Honestly, I think somewhere I had a thought of being scared at that idea...scared that I was actually doing it & succeeding. I am focusing on embracing the idea that I CAN have it all and that *I* am really going to do it this time.
This journey is a rollercoaster ride, that's for sure, but you are awesome! You are doing this! And you are an inspiration to people like myself every single day! Keep it up!
br3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:16 PM   #733
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Love that Japanese proverb! YOU are doing all those things above. Re-read some of your journal next time you derail. You are making amazing progress, physically and mentally. You are an inspiration. And you WILL hit your goals. I know it!!
Thanks for the reminder, I should probably do that! I'm actually thinking of getting that saying in a small tattoo..in Japanese of course.. It's very significant in so many aspects of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalN2014 View Post
Go Danielle Go! Awesome job!!!

Love the motivational quotes, too! We got this!!!

Glyn~ you're awesome! Thank you for believing in me when I didn't know if I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by br3n View Post
This journey is a rollercoaster ride, that's for sure, but you are awesome! You are doing this! And you are an inspiration to people like myself every single day! Keep it up!
Aw, thank you love! You all give me such motivation and hope. Surrounding myself with people who actually support me, as well as following the same principles as me is helping immensely. I could not do this without any of you!!
Old 03-06-2014, 05:51 AM   #734
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Morning, sunshine!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:39 AM   #735
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleysNana View Post
Hope you don't mind me following your progress…just started carb cycling yesterday so I'm intrigued!!
How's the cycling going for you? What plan are you following?
Old 03-06-2014, 07:48 AM   #736
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: annabanana76179
Stats: 191/185/120
WOE: Carb Cycling
Start Date: 03/21/07
I have been carb cycling for about 4 weeks on the turbo plan. I have also been participating in a Corporate Fitness Challenge which is somewhat like a boot camp. I am dripping sweat when finish. The weight loss has been slower than I would like and I would have given up if not for the exercise. The exercise changes my perspective. I truly believe that it releases endorphins. It's funny that that word means endogenous morphines. Morphine kills pain right? During the workouts, there is definitely pain. One thing that I noticed is that I go home and start cleaning or doing other things that I used to put off until the weekend. I can't explain it. I do have to give credit to the Lord as well. I have been praying for determination and grace through my quest for health and a fitter body. A wise woman once told me that some weeks you choose to progress at a slower pace in your weight loss. When you look at it like that, it makes sense not to give up. It was just a choice, a slower week for your metabolism, emotions changed your choices and those hormones have so much to do with how our bodies function. Kudos to you all for your efforts!

***Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty-they merely move it from their faces to their
annabanana76179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:07 AM   #737
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Anna! Thanks for stopping in and thank you for the support!! WTG on all of your wonderful progress! I love hearing about your exercise and how much you seem to enjoy it. Once I get into the full swing of doing it, I absolutely LOVE to work out....despite my aversion to actually sweating

I tried to do the turbo cycle and got nothing out of it. I seem to do better with the classic cycle which is totally fine by me as long as the weight disappears!

On the same note, I am really trying to focus my thinking towards a healthier body, which in turn, means tighter & toner rather than lighter on the scale. I really want to *look* healthy and lean and obviously muscle weighs more than fat...sooooooo, time to refocus my thinking to what really matters, and that is how I'm feeling inside & what I look like via pictures & measurements! I'm thankful to have at least taken measurements the last few months so I have something else to focus on besides the numbers on that stupid hunk of metal! Also, with this program I have found that my clothes got super baggy really quick despite what the scale has dictated. I love that!

Best of luck to you! I get excited when others come out and say they're cycling, don't be a stranger
Old 03-06-2014, 10:21 AM   #738
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh Chris, ya really know what I need to hear! How does he do that?

Old 03-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #739
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I couldn't see what you posted from Chris. Now I have to know!

Sounds like you are doing just fine. I love the focus on healthy, fit, attractive body instead of "a weight". So smart.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:19 PM   #740
Blabbermouth!!!

Carol it was this...

sorry, I dunno what happened to the original

Old 03-06-2014, 01:22 PM   #741
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey girl!! Love that too. You always post the most inspirational quotes.

Your fitness and body size is way more important than scale weight. Definitely measure. And keep thinking about fitness goals. I'm sure you can find one that you'll be excited to work towards. There is a 30 day squat challenge you can google that can be a good gateway challenge/goal.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:09 AM   #742

I love that quote!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2014, 07:11 AM   #743
Big Yapper!!!!

That is such a great quote! Thanks for reposting. How's your day starting out?
Old 03-07-2014, 11:34 AM   #744
Senior LCF Member

it!

You are doing great! Have a wonderful weekend, Lovely Lady!!!
Old 03-07-2014, 03:09 PM   #745
Blabbermouth!!!

Have a great weekend, ladies!

Anyone doing anything fun this weekend?
Not sure what our plans are, yet. The kiddo is working late tonight, so DH & I may go grab a bite before she gets off...tomorrow 'd like to go to a movie, it's been eons since we've been! Thinking I really need to quit putting it off and go look at bras Mine are getting big and uncomfortable...why must the girls always be the first to go Ooooo maybe we'll go to the Japanese gardens on Sunday....I LOVE it there! So tranquil and beautiful...

3 great on plan days in a row, and now into my reward day. Feels awesome to be on track!

Trying to do it gracefully....sometimes I succeed, sometimes....not-so-much but I will never give up.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:14 AM   #746
Big Yapper!!!!

That quote is exactly what I needed to see this morning!

Nothing too exciting planned here. Getting some stuff done around the house, and I want to be sure and get some good exercise in. I'm really loving working my muscles lately. Weird. I've never really enjoyed that sensation much.

Have a great weekend, and I hope you get to go to the Japanese Gardens. I haven't been but I've always wanted to!
Old 03-08-2014, 10:06 AM   #747
Blabbermouth!!!

Carol, I'm glad you liked it! I read it and it just made me smile...
Anyone not going through this wouldn't understand, but it's so empowering to know how strong you are, will become, and to know you've always had it in you.. Belief is such a powerful tool.

I *should* be doing stuff around here, but alas, here I sit Catching up on dvr'd stuff and reading some fitness blogs looking for more inspiration. So much easier to do this when I have the house to myself! Not to mention, kinda feeling poopy---I think I may actually be suffering from allergies for the first time in my life... CRAZY! I can't even open the windows without feeling my nose tickle and my eyes start to water, same with opening the windows in my car...
I think we're gonna see Non Stop... looks good. I'm going to practice some more hooping and work on a walking dvd.. if I at least get that done more than anything, I'll be happy.
Have you been to the gardens? I wrote a paper on it for my Asian history class, and since then, DH and I go fairly regularly to feed the Koi and just sit & talk. Such a wonderful place to go to early in the morning, listen to the quiet and see such beauty. I love the little creeks with rushing water and the ducks trying to steal the food from the fish
Old 03-08-2014, 10:10 AM   #748
Blabbermouth!!!

HUGE bounce on the scale today.. Wasn't expecting one quite so large today.. I only took in my usual extra 1000 cals so not quite sure what's going on Praying it's just water weight and will disappear in a couple days time. Keeping food ultra LC today and drinking all of my water early..
Old 03-09-2014, 10:27 AM   #749
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: annabanana76179
Stats: 191/185/120
WOE: Carb Cycling
Start Date: 03/21/07
You know...as a Christ-Follower, I believe that each of us should minister to our fellow man. That is exactly what each of you are doing in these posts. Even when you don't feel successful, sharing your testimony is so important. Just think how good it will feel this summer to wear a smaller size. i KNOW that exercising five times per week helps me forge on. if we lose one pound per week, next year we will be down 52 pounds. We can do anything. Philippians 4:13.
annabanana76179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:55 AM   #750

The scale is a LIAR and a CHEAT!!!!!!!!!