LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2014, 02:29 PM   #601
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxy1971 View Post
I passed on the girl scout cookies this year--so may co-workers and friends have kids that are selling them, and it's soooooo hard to resist thin mints!

Hope you're having a nice weekend....Happy February! 5-6 for the month sounds like a great plan!
I got them from DD's friend... She knows I love thin mints! The fact that the first box is still intact minus 4 cookies is somewhat of a major miracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipgal View Post
Waving hi to Danielle and friends! Good ending to the month for you Dani! I read a good portion of Chris' $2.99 kindle book and am battling about trying it.. The deprivation on my fast days just make me more stressed than I already am and I usually end up giving in at about 3PM.. My brain can't handle all these "failures"..

I've been brainwashed about the intermittent fasting concept. I truly believe it's great for weight loss and health, IF a person can do it. And, the carb cycling plan (and others similar) say we are supposed to eat every few hours..

Who are we to believe?? Can they all work for awhile? Does it make sense to try one for a couple of months and then another?

LOL - I am not asking you for answers.. just expressing my confusion as to who is right??!!

Thanks for listening! Take care!
Well hey! I was just thinking about you this morning...glad to see you!
I kinda dragged my feet about beginning this as I came from JUDDD and absolutely loved the freedom it afforded me..and I really grew to love DD's a lot. I think different body's require different means. I think they all work if it's built for your lifestyle. I think it's what is sustainable to you and what you can live with comfortably to keep going long-term. If there is one thing I have learned is that there is no cookie cutter method to weight loss...it's utterly impossible. Different bodies respond to different things, as well as the mental capability to do the upkeep of whatever plan is chosen. For me, this works. I always talk about how much I adore Chris as a person, but aside from that, I love the way I get to eat. It's so comfortable to me. I'm just glad to have found it and been inspired enough to try! IMO if you have to switch up various programs to keep you going in the same general direction, then so be it. It's YOUR path and nobody else's!

Thanks for stopping in, Judy!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2014, 02:46 PM   #602
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: Unhealthy/healthier/healthy!
WOE: 5:2 Fast Diet as LC as possible
Start Date: This time: 11/17/13
Yeah, the "meal" doesn't have to be anything fancy.. I can see having a bit of cottage cheese with cucumber for a meal... or, making a smoothie in the morning (a green one with spinach or kale for example) and drinking half later. It's not like cooking or preparing 5 times a day. Maybe....
dipgal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:11 PM   #603
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yeah, the "meal" doesn't have to be anything fancy.. I can see having a bit of cottage cheese with cucumber for a meal... or, making a smoothie in the morning (a green one with spinach or kale for example) and drinking half later. It's not like cooking or preparing 5 times a day. Maybe....
I eat very simply and very clean. I don't add a lot of *foof* to my food throughout the day. I do spend 2 days a week in the kitchen cooking and prepping food so that I can eat well 5x a day without fail.
I don't allow for many excuses when it comes to my food intake because it's always been a pattern in the past....I vowed this time would be different. This time would be the time when I truly put myself first before anything and anyone else. So far, honoring that commitment has changed a lot, and not just my waistline! When you see your promises being met over & over again, it becomes liberating and extremely empowering. It bleeds over into other areas of living, creating all-over transformation. Sounds crazy, but it's true!
Old 02-03-2014, 06:04 AM   #604
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
Hey there! I'm back on the boards this morning looking around (and back to LC...). Thought I would drop in on you and say hey!
AmyP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:12 AM   #605
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Sorta sums up what I've been feeling lately...without really being able to fully express what it IS I'm actually feeling....

That's a good one!

Hey Danielle! I sure hope you're feeling better! I've been absent due to visitors and hubby being around. Back to work today! You are doing so well with CP's plan! You totally rock Most important to follow a plan you can sustain.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:40 AM   #606
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyP View Post
Hey there! I'm back on the boards this morning looking around (and back to LC...). Thought I would drop in on you and say hey!
Hey girl, good to see ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
That's a good one!

Hey Danielle! I sure hope you're feeling better! I've been absent due to visitors and hubby being around. Back to work today! You are doing so well with CP's plan! You totally rock Most important to follow a plan you can sustain.
I love that quote...and it really is how I've been feeling too!

Glad you're back, it gets lonely here!
I love my plan. I love my food. I love CP!
----------------------------

I think this is the first Super Bowl Sunday that I can remember that was easy for me to get through. No temptations around, stuck to plan and kept on chugging.... it helped immensely that I didn't have to worry about snacks for the hubbs...he spent the majority of the day at work and didn't come home til about 2nd quarter. DD17 was at work, so it was just lil ole me sittin here. In the past I'd have used *that* as an excuse to eat off plan and go crazy. Nope, not last night!

How 'bout them Seahawks, eh? Bronco's never knew what hit 'em!

Back to a LC day today. I'm ready!

02/01... 228.2
02/02... 226.2
02/03... 226.4
Old 02-03-2014, 06:48 AM   #607
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I loved the game! I didn't have a preference when I started watching but I was a bit miffed at the Broncos for beating the Chargers in the playoffs. After the first disasterous 'snap' over Manning's shoulder and the immediate score from the SeaHawks I was hooked. Many of my 'Bronco' friends are still crying sour grapes this morning but I enjoyed every single second of 'whoop-a$$' that went on.

I know what you mean about 'eating alone' and it's awesome that you made it through without any issues! I'm back to LC right along with you today!
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 02-03-2014, 07:14 AM   #608
Blabbermouth!!!

See, and I was hating on the Seahawks for beating my 49'ers in the championship game Of course, I like Peyton so it wasn't too hard to want to root for the Bronco's... however, there was no denying, those 'hawks came to win...their defense is incredible, never seen anything like it! They deserved to win.
When it's 2 teams that I don't necessarily like I like the game for the commercials, mostly. I think my fave's were the one with Ellen for Beats Audio, the time machine Dorito's, the VW one where they get their wings, and the very last one, the Budweiser one with the puppy and the horse
Old 02-03-2014, 07:28 AM   #609
Blabbermouth!!!

CP shared this, I thought it was cute.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:37 AM   #610
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wish
Stats: 215/183/145
WOE: Atkins/ketogenic
Start Date: January 18 2014
hi! boy you sure have a big journal! I like your inspirational banners/motivational quotes!
wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:07 AM   #611
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Hey girl!! So glad you enjoyed the game and didn't use it as an excuse to munch. I know what you mean about using that time to be bad on my diet. It's like if no one sees me do it, it doesn't count. I worked really hard last year on breaking that cycle.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:59 AM   #612
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I liked the Ellen commercial too! I also loved the Radio Shack throw back commercial!

Glad you are back to almost painfree!!!!!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:46 AM   #613
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish View Post
hi! boy you sure have a big journal! I like your inspirational banners/motivational quotes!
Hi! So glad you stopped by. Yeeaaahhhhh, I like to talk...... ALOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Hey girl!! So glad you enjoyed the game and didn't use it as an excuse to munch. I know what you mean about using that time to be bad on my diet. It's like if no one sees me do it, it doesn't count. I worked really hard last year on breaking that cycle.
Too many times in the past this was the habit--alone= free eating... seriously??? The things we convince ourselves is ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I liked the Ellen commercial too! I also loved the Radio Shack throw back commercial!

Glad you are back to almost painfree!!!!!!!!
The Radio Shack commercial was awesome.!
Yes, it feels awesome to be back to nearly 100%, it's been forever!
----------------------------------------

Awesome LC day. I got in alittle over 1 1/2 gallons of water and 1300 cals. I went over about 100 cals but I needed them!

Last night was the first night since I fell that I actually slept virtually pain free... nothing hurt every time I had to turn or moved a certain way...was SO nice I actually slept in by about 40 min. today.

Jillian Michaels is ordered. NO turning back now. NO excuses. HA too bad I can't just order her for reals, and she can be here whenever I need her

DH has the day off, so we'll be out & about. I'm looking for a giant pretty mirror to go over our fireplace... I'm not entirely sure what I want but I'm figuring that I'll know it when I see it? So far, I haven't had much luck. I think I'm going to try Marshall's and Pier One today. I think we're gonna try to go to a movie this afternoon if DD17 has to work

Anywho, I'm off to get ready for the day... I swear the days are flying by, hard to believe we're already mid-way thru the first week of February!

02/01... 228.2
02/02... 226.2
02/03... 226.4
02/04... 224.6
Old 02-04-2014, 07:11 AM   #614
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: Unhealthy/healthier/healthy!
WOE: 5:2 Fast Diet as LC as possible
Start Date: This time: 11/17/13
Have a great day and congrats on that new low this a.m.!!!
dipgal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:24 AM   #615
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Have a great day and congrats on that new low this a.m.!!!
Thanks doll!
Old 02-04-2014, 07:46 AM   #616
Blabbermouth!!!

OMG. I love how you just post and don't say a single thing about your new low!! Look at you gooooooo!!! Now you are so very close to the teens!!! Eeek!! Amazing!!! So excited for you!!

Good luck finding a mirror. Do you have a home goods? Ours have nice big mirrors. Oh, and Kirklands. I saw some awesome ones there a few weeks ago.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:50 AM   #617
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
OMG. I love how you just post and don't say a single thing about your new low!! Look at you gooooooo!!! Now you are so very close to the teens!!! Eeek!! Amazing!!! So excited for you!!

Good luck finding a mirror. Do you have a home goods? Ours have nice big mirrors. Oh, and Kirklands. I saw some awesome ones there a few weeks ago.
Ha! Thanks! I didn't really realize I did that until Judy posted.
I just realized that I am near that freakin 30 I was crying to you about the other day when I emailed you

December of 2012 I was at 227 when we headed out to Vegas..it was the lowest I was ever able to get to before everything went to heck in a handbasket for the next 9 months I'm relieved to finally be past those numbers and getting near those teens. Thank you Lord Baby Jesus!!!!

Yes, we do have a Home Goods that just opened up....and ooooo, I know I've seen that name Kirklands somewhere ...gonna have to look it up now LOL
Old 02-04-2014, 08:15 AM   #618
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I love coming here and seeing your weight just drop drop drop! So inspiring!

Good luck finding that mirror. Sometimes you have an inkling of an idea, but need to fall in love with a particular piece. I hope your soulmate/mirror is out there waiting for you today!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:16 AM   #619
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Woot woot for your new low!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:28 AM   #620

You are doing great girl! Back among the living and smaller than ever! Way to go!
Old 02-05-2014, 08:02 AM   #621
Blabbermouth!!!

First of all.....if anyone is still waiting to watch last night's epi of The Biggest Loser finale, STOP here. I will be venting.

Thanks Carol, Jayce, & Monica! It's been a long time coming..looking back over weigh-ins since November, I bounced and bounced, and bounce some more... BRUTAL!

Carol, I got my hula hoop last night! Lord have mercy I am bad! I was quite the hula hooper back in my day! I remember we would get ice cream from the ice cream man in the summer and we'd stand out front eating it all the while the hoop was going round and round and round... CRAZY what we can do when we're little! Now, DD17...she was amazing at it and I may have to fight her off my hoop, lil monkey!

Alright, so BL....man, what to say? Absolutely stunned at how Rachel and Bobby looked. Rachel looks darn near anorexic and Bobby looks like he lost a bunch more weight without increasing any muscle mass whatsoever.. David looked amazing. I am in NO WAY not acknowledging that they all worked hard, nor am I trying to shame them. But, I am concerned. Concerned for their long-term health and the message that it's sending to people who are desperately trying to find acceptance and their own health. Especially our young people. Here's hoping that, now, after the show, both Rachel & Bobby will both regain alittle bit to get to a healthy weight. Did anyone catch the looks on many of the contestants faces, including Bob, Jillian, and Alison? Pure shock!
Here's an article from the LA Times Biggest Loser Uproar

On that note...

Great day for me yesterday! 1350 calories and 1 gallon of water.
I hula hooped (read: TRIED) for about 30 min. I think I got more of a glute/quad workout from having to squat to pick up that dang hoop over and over again

Scale is moving!

Woke up with a major sore throat this morning....and sneezing like crazy.... It's always something, isn't it?
DD17 is home from school with sore throat, earache, and congestion.. lovely.

Praying that this sick thing doesn't derail me or cause the scale to go backwards again! That'd be a bummer!!

LC day today

02/01... 228.2
02/02... 226.2
02/03... 226.4
02/04... 224.6
02/05... 224.0

Last edited by DesertGurl; 02-05-2014 at 08:05 AM..
Old 02-05-2014, 08:46 AM   #622
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 273/ 254 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Start Date: Jan 6th 2014
Dani!! ...............Yer Shrinkin'

Rock it girl!
MissG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:00 AM   #623
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Olivia!

Just realized.....

I hit my 30 lb goal!

FINALLY!!!!
Old 02-05-2014, 09:01 AM   #624
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Dani, I agree with you about Biggest Loser. I didn't follow this season, but I was pretty shocked when I saw the pictures. I think it's all about the $$$, honestly, but I really hope that the winner will gain some weight back. She looks way older than her age now, whereas she looked "fit" & healthy before the season ended (when I looked at previous episodes).

On another note, 224.0 -- woot woot!

I am not good at hula hooping either...lol. Of course, jumping rope was WAY easier when I was a kid too!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:12 AM   #625
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
on the hula hoop and having to squat to pick it up. BTDT! Keep on trying, you'll get it. That is, if you can get it away from DD!

I haven't watched BL finale yet, but had heard those comments already about Rachel. It does seem like the contestants, especially the ultimate winners, do wind up putting weight back on. It has to be just about winning that money. I'm anxious to watch it now.

Jayce, I totally agree with you about the jump rope. I have one, but haven't even tried to use it in years. Maybe i should now. Last time I tried I felt like I was going to die!

Another new low and 30 pounds lost! You are amazing! I'm so proud of you!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:34 AM   #626
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 273/ 254 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Start Date: Jan 6th 2014
30lb goal deserves something awesome!!! New outfit to compliment the new you! You never cease to amaze me.....
MissG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:37 AM   #627
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/212/180
30 pounds!!!! You rock, D!
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:56 PM   #628
Blabbermouth!!!

Congratulations on 30 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooo very proud of you!!! What are you going to do to celebrate???

And I totally agree on the Biggest Loser finale. As you know already.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:42 AM   #629

I agree on Rachel. I didn't watch this season, but I saw her pictures. My big beef with BL is that they truly PUSH some to do just that! Hopefully she puts a little back on to make her look/feel a bit more healthy!

OK, all this hula hoop talk, I need to look into this!
Old 02-06-2014, 06:40 AM   #630
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani! Congrats girlfriend on your 30 pound loss!! Absolutely awesome work! Congrats on the hula hoop too. I'm with Jayce and Carol on the 'jump-rope' subject. I was a jumping fiend back in the day. Remember when we could jump 'double-dutch' all day long.......? I bought a hula hoop months ago and could not make it work! I gave it to the grand girls....

RE: BL...I saw the pics of Rachel on FB. She does look anorexic to me.