Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Forever & ever, Amen.

Isn't that so true! If we could only remind ourselves of that daily......

Yes, your new hairdo is great! I have very very straight hair that I have to wear very short as I can't use my right hand to use a curling iron any more. It was a real shock when I had to give up curls, but now I love it. It is soooo easy.

Here's to the 20’s for you!!
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:47 PM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/213.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Forever & ever, Amen.

You have no idea how much i love this!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'd seen it before and ALWAYS felt that way. my one year mark is March 4th and i will be SO happy to see where im at then and how far ive been able to come.
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #425
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/213.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Love your new hair cut!!!!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:23 PM   #426
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/225/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
Quote:
Ha, love this one! That is truly how I feel this time around. I'm just DONE being the caterpillar. Simple as that! And how cute are you! Love the hair. I know what you mean about it being short for you, I've always been a long hair person so any time I cut it it's a big deal to me at least, but other people don't seem to think it's short at all.
br3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:52 PM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Quote:
Forever & ever, Amen.

Oh I love this....need it posted on my refrig every time I'm tempted!

Love the new do too! Happy Reward Day!!
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:39 PM   #428
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
A year from now I'll be so glad I did!
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:01 AM   #429
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I'm glad everyone liked those pics I posted. Thanks for all the hair love! I'm not entirely in love with it myself, yet...

Successful reward day yesterday. I dunno whether to give partial credit to DH's unfortunate experience when we were out to dinner as a reason why I stopped short on my meal ..... So he ordered a chicken dish that half-way through turned out to be completely raw.. I mean, that sucker was probably still clucking on the way out from the kitchen, kinda raw. Of course he had eaten about 1/4 of it and had one bite where he commented it tasted sorta rubbery...then the next bite he took a good hard look before he ate it and realized what the problem was... Needless to say, I lost my appetite early on and was just ready to leave... the manager, the server, everyone, made it all awkward and strange.. of course our entire meal was comped but sheesh....

Technically I should be starting a slingshot week this week---7 days of all HC... but I think I'm just going to begin again with a *Week 1* since all of my messing around the last couple weeks off/on days due to the holidays, etc.

I REALLY gotta work on getting the rest of the decorations down today!
DD17 wants to go shopping, and while tempting, I think I need to show some love to my poor neglected house ..... Oh, and laundry might be nice to get done before we're all walking around in our birthday suits! ....hhmmmm, shopping, you say???? .......

Took measurements this morning... OYE.
-----------------------------
Dec. 31: 230.2

01/01.... 231.2
01/02.... 231.0
01/03.... 230.6
01/04.... 229.8

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:21 AM   #430
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: Unhealthy/healthier/healthy!
WOE: 5:2 Fast Diet as LC as possible
Start Date: This time: 11/17/13
Hey Dani - back in the 20's for you!! WTG
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:31 AM   #431
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Late but I love your hair! Did I tell u I chopped mine off! It's the shortest it's ever been and I'm learning to deal w it. I'm so proud of your exercise commitment. You have done an amazing job. You will b outta the 30s soon my friend!
Tyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:42 AM   #432
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Shopping or cleaning and laundry, huh? What a quandary....NOT! But I know just what you mean. I un-Christmased my house yesterday and now I don't have that hanging over my head.

You're back in the 20's - YAY! I think your idea of skipping slingshot week is a good one, especially if you're up for it. I see the teens in your future very soon!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:48 AM   #433
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipgal View Post
Hey Dani - back in the 20's for you!! WTG
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
Late but I love your hair! Did I tell u I chopped mine off! It's the shortest it's ever been and I'm learning to deal w it. I'm so proud of your exercise commitment. You have done an amazing job. You will b outta the 30s soon my friend!
Aw, Tyl thank you! No, you didn't say anything about your hair! Yeah, learning to live with it and remind myself it will grow back. I am loving our challenge and it's a definite motivation to get up and do the work. I want to see goal this year more than anything!!!!
Praying like heck that I'm out of the 30's super soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Shopping or cleaning and laundry, huh? What a quandary....NOT! But I know just what you mean. I un-Christmased my house yesterday and now I don't have that hanging over my head.

You're back in the 20's - YAY! I think your idea of skipping slingshot week is a good one, especially if you're up for it. I see the teens in your future very soon!
Yeah, big decision, huh? What I AM gonna do is go drop her off and let her shop til her heart's content and get out of my hair for the afternoon It's definitely hanging over my head so it needs to happen today. Praying the 20's "stick"..and quite possibly they will if I start with the week 1 again!
Old 01-04-2014, 01:58 PM   #434
Blabbermouth!!!

YEP!

Old 01-05-2014, 07:00 AM   #435

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
D- I was thinking of you I had 5 shows on the DVR of Chris Powell's man the nurse Trina that was a good one how she gained 32 pounds in 3 weeks, boy did she look fabulous though at the end! So I am watching those for motivation! I need to work on my closet and move the crap that doesnt fit right now, I get so mad in the morning when I am in a hurry and cant find things, cause everything is too darn tight! I refuse to get rid of them though I will be in them again! Debating getting my fat butt to the gym it is a balmy 1 degree way higher than the -3 yesterday!
Old 01-05-2014, 07:49 AM   #436
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
D- I was thinking of you I had 5 shows on the DVR of Chris Powell's man the nurse Trina that was a good one how she gained 32 pounds in 3 weeks, boy did she look fabulous though at the end! So I am watching those for motivation! I need to work on my closet and move the crap that doesnt fit right now, I get so mad in the morning when I am in a hurry and cant find things, cause everything is too darn tight! I refuse to get rid of them though I will be in them again! Debating getting my fat butt to the gym it is a balmy 1 degree way higher than the -3 yesterday!
Oh, last season was great!! Season 4 is gearing up to start in January
I know it's sad that you're having a tough time right now, but before ya know it you'll be wearing all those clothes again. If anyone can do it, it's you, Amber! Stay warm!
Old 01-05-2014, 07:52 AM   #437
Blabbermouth!!!

Stellar day yesterday. 1230 calories + 1 gallon of water

I hit 4 workouts last week. I am so proud of myself. I ate clean, got all my water, and moved. A nice productive week!!

I'm tired today. I didn't sleep well and had to drag myself outta bed this morning.

30 min. walk this morning is on tap after my 2nd meal...and lots of housework. Getting the kids out of the house for the day will be a help so they're not underfoot

I hit a new low today!

01/01.... 231.2
01/02.... 231.0
01/03.... 230.6 --Friday
01/04.... 229.8
01/05.... 228.4
Old 01-05-2014, 08:34 AM   #438
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: Unhealthy/healthier/healthy!
WOE: 5:2 Fast Diet as LC as possible
Start Date: This time: 11/17/13
WOO HOO what a role model for healthy living! Keep up the great work.. It looks like after your bod was being stubborn, it is finally ready to do the whoosh!
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:38 AM   #439
Tyl

Quote:

I hit 4 workouts last week. I am so proud of myself. I ate clean, got all my water, and moved. A nice productive week!!

I'm tired today. I didn't sleep well and had to drag myself outta bed this morning.

30 min. walk this morning is on tap after my 2nd meal...and lots of housework. Getting the kids out of the house for the day will be a help so they're not underfoot

I hit a new low today!

01/01.... 231.2
01/02.... 231.0
01/03.... 230.6 --Friday
01/04.... 229.8
01/05.... 228.4

I'm so excited for you! What a fantastic reward for all that hard work you put in! I'm just so proud of you!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2014, 10:00 AM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hi Dani!

And may I say you are amazing. Touch me through space and give me some of that weight loss mojo! Very proud of you my friend.

Have you posted pics of the new do?? I may need to go back and look. I have been growing mine out for my daughter's wedding but seriously - long hair on a woman of my......maturity.........not so cute. I wear it up all the time anyway.

Housework? More power to you, my friend! Kick that dust in the bootay!
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #441
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Forever & ever, Amen.

I have to say, this one is the best for me! Knowing that the time is going to go by anyway.....Congrats on your new low! I think the exercise is giving you a nice push.

OMG raw chicken. That's so disturbing! You should have had a free dessert with the meal comps.

Having an okay day, don't want to work tomorrow. My bad.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:31 PM   #442
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipgal View Post
WOO HOO what a role model for healthy living! Keep up the great work.. It looks like after your bod was being stubborn, it is finally ready to do the whoosh!
Aw, you're sweet I believe I was at a set point at around 233...I'm praying that my body is realizing that i'm not gonna starve it and will release more lbs relatively quickly rather than slower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post

I'm so excited for you! What a fantastic reward for all that hard work you put in! I'm just so proud of you!!!!!!!
Thanks, love! I'm just amazed at myself for having the motivation to workout so much this week...that's a lot for me! Excited to see what week 2 brings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Hi Dani!

And may I say you are amazing. Touch me through space and give me some of that weight loss mojo! Very proud of you my friend.

Have you posted pics of the new do?? I may need to go back and look. I have been growing mine out for my daughter's wedding but seriously - long hair on a woman of my......maturity.........not so cute. I wear it up all the time anyway.

Housework? More power to you, my friend! Kick that dust in the bootay!
LAURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So good to see you, my friend!! We have missed you, hon! Thanks for the love, I'm just incredibly motivated to see how far I can get this year. I love my eating plan so much, and I think that is probably why I continue to stick to it.

I posted a pic a few days back.. it's not super short, but short enough for me to really miss my hair! Oh please, you're not that much older than me! My hairdresser was like, are you sure you wanna cut it ALL off, it looks so pretty long. Some days I have regrets but mostly I'm just glad it doesn't take me 20 min. to blow dry the dang thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
I have to say, this one is the best for me! Knowing that the time is going to go by anyway.....Congrats on your new low! I think the exercise is giving you a nice push.

OMG raw chicken. That's so disturbing! You should have had a free dessert with the meal comps.

Having an okay day, don't want to work tomorrow. My bad.
I love that quote, and it is so very true! I really was saying that a lot to myself during the month of Dec when I could not gain any traction...would have been so easy to just blow it off and give up and say, whatever... but yanno what, I'd have been kickin myself coming January..so glad I stuck to it regardless of what the scale was saying!

Yes, raw chicken...it still turns my stomach when I think of it.. We had planned dessert...they have the most amazing doughnut holes with this caramel sauce but after "the incident" I could not beat-feet out of there quick enough... ugh it was SO gross.. and poor hubby, I just kept lookin at him and you could see how freaked out he was They comped out meal--was well over $100--and we could've gotten dessert free too, but nope, wasn't feelin it!
Old 01-05-2014, 08:19 PM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Quote:

I hit a new low today!

01/01.... 231.2
01/02.... 231.0
01/03.... 230.6 --Friday
01/04.... 229.8
01/05.... 228.4
Wow...look at you! I go missing in action for a couple of days and you've broken into the 20's and headed on down to the teens! Congratulation on the exercise too. Wow...do I need that. So glad it's coming all together for you. You're putting in the hard work and really proving that it pays off.
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:54 AM   #444
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
Wow...look at you! I go missing in action for a couple of days and you've broken into the 20's and headed on down to the teens! Congratulation on the exercise too. Wow...do I need that. So glad it's coming all together for you. You're putting in the hard work and really proving that it pays off.
Thank you, Sherrie! The exercise is really helping my mood more than anything.. I despise sweat LOL but I love the benefits you get from actually doing it. Go figure, eh? I just know that I need to just get it done and it done and not think about it so much....I get into real trouble when I just sit and think too much. I'm determined to see how far I can get this year!
-----------------------------

Ok food day. I went over by 227 calories.. I opted for some rice with my dinner as I was really hungry and could not imagine going to bed feeling like that. Mild bounce on the scale this morning, I'm sure it'll disappear after today.

Exercise planned for today. I am kinda starting to look forward to it now. I KNOW I KNOW....who'd have thunk it, right?

Dec. 31: 230.2

01/01.... 231.2
01/02.... 231.0
01/03.... 230.6 --Friday
01/04.... 229.8
01/05.... 228.4
01/06.... 229.0
Old 01-06-2014, 06:19 AM   #445
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/?/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Thank you, Sherrie! The exercise is really helping my mood more than anything.. I despise sweat LOL but I love the benefits you get from actually doing it. Go figure, eh? I just know that I need to just get it done and it done and not think about it so much....I get into real trouble when I just sit and think too much. I'm determined to see how far I can get this year!
What I bolded is precisely how I feel...exercise really seems to make worlds of difference in my moods, which I need. I struggled with a really bad hormone-induced "low" this past weekend (Friday & Saturday), and then I forced myself to exercise yesterday a.m. & felt way better afterwards. We deserve to feel good!

Proud of you for making such great choices lately.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:45 AM   #446
Blabbermouth!!!

Old 01-06-2014, 07:45 AM   #447
Tyl

Dani! Can I just say I totally get your sweat thing! I struggled with that in college when I tried to join the on campus gym, I wanted to workout but not to the point of sweating... lol cuz it was gross and I didn't want that...not to mention was sweat does to my hair.... interestingly i'm now "over" that! I agree exercise helps with mood so much! And exercises that don't feel so hard (barre, yoga) make me sweat and I love it! So who knew!!! So stinkin proud of you for sticking to your exercise!!!!

Cut the Crap take 2: sw:276.4 cw: 259.6 Pts: 84!
For 8 weeks I made 84 positive choices!
CTC begins again on 3/2 join us!
Old 01-06-2014, 09:11 AM   #448
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/225/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
Woohoo!!!

Please pass some of that exercise motivation my way!! I did get on my elliptical once this weekend, but I don't think that's going to cut it. Taking those first few steps to get started is the hard part. You're doing so great!
br3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #449
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
You go girl on that exercise! I know I need to do it. I know I should do it. And that's about the end of that right there. DH wants to join a gym when we finally move and get situated. I'm down with that. I used to work out all the time 50 pounds ago - LOL. Perhaps there's a connection....
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #450
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Great work! I put 30 minutes on the ol' stationary bike this morning myself. When I'm on a roll, I don't think about it, I just get on and go...up to that point I argue and plead with myself every day.

I love that you are following your plan AND listening to your body. That's so important...it will be the key to permanent weight control.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote