Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2014, 07:31 AM   #392
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Happy New Year to you, Judy & Shay!

They just keep comin'......and oh, so true!!

DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #393
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kat41057
Stats: 203/19/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Oct. 2013
Dani... another question. Do you have a carb limit for the day? Or, do you just stay low? I can't check on Chris Powell's book until Friday as our local library will not open until then. I am restarting tomorrow morning!!!! My husbands lunch is all packed, and all my goodies for tomorrow are in the fridge. Thanks for any info Kat
Kat41057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:40 AM   #394
Blabbermouth!!!

I don't count carbs or fat, just calories, and follow the food lists for each day respectively..
I'd kill myself if I had to count all that!
--------------------------

Ok day eating yesterday... I say "just ok" because I am bored with my food choices that it feels like I'm not doing well... I had my gallon of water in by 2pm so the next gallon was just icing on the cake.. I think I needed it, I craved cold water all day yesterday..I've been holding water, I think..my rings have been tight and my toes alittle puffy..

I think my food boredom is reflecting in my weigh-ins....

Dec 31: 230.2

01/01.... 231.2
01/02.... 231.0

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 01-02-2014, 07:43 AM   #395
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Good Morning my friend!! How's the girl? I love all the great affirmations you've put on your pages. Good stuff. Quiet morning here so far, the grand girls and my favorite teeny tiny chihuahua are here visiting for the day (and tomorrow), they're playing their little video games on DSL & and 3DSL (whatever the heck that means). I'm dragging them out for a walk later, but they don't know that yet.

Sooooo....what's for breakfast?
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:52 AM   #396
Blabbermouth!!!

Mornin!

Haha---they don't know it....yet...... boy, won't they be surprised.

First meal was plain, non-fat greek yogurt w/ some granola..

I gotta eat again at 10--I think maybe I'll do an omlette of egg whites w/ some veggies and some ham... I haven't decided yet! I have to go to the grocery today and then do food prep for a few days... I'm very behind so far, today!
Old 01-02-2014, 07:57 AM   #397
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
I have not established a set grocery list. I seem to go the grocery store and wander around wondering what I can make due to the wheat allergy and dairy allergy.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:07 AM   #398
Blabbermouth!!!

Shay~ we used to do that too....DD17 has a soy & wheat allergies and can be trying when it comes to figuring out food.. But, she's since figured out that she can pretty much just eat like I do and be fine because everything I make is whole & fresh.. It's time consuming but in the long run it ends up being much better for you.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:18 AM   #399
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shay~ I would look into some of the great 'wheat-free/dairy-free" cook books, lots of great ideas!!

Danielle, grocery shopping has become such a chore lately. Going for a DVD walk today? I should for sure. Right now the girls are napping (it's 8:15 in the morning). Guess they had to get up too early.

I had an egg & a tiny bit of shredded beef & Rotel for breakfast. Yum. I need to hit my water bottle, though. Why do I always forget to drink water?
Old 01-02-2014, 08:34 AM   #400
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/225/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I am proud to say that I am already a work in progress on this. A lot of these things I have conquered, others still need work... but so much further ahead of the game than I have ever been before!
^~~THIS! That is what it's all about honey! You are doing great! Good job on getting that walk in!
br3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:06 AM   #401
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Shay~ I would look into some of the great 'wheat-free/dairy-free" cook books, lots of great ideas!!

Danielle, grocery shopping has become such a chore lately. Going for a DVD walk today? I should for sure. Right now the girls are napping (it's 8:15 in the morning). Guess they had to get up too early.

I had an egg & a tiny bit of shredded beef & Rotel for breakfast. Yum. I need to hit my water bottle, though. Why do I always forget to drink water?
I hate grocery shopping but it beats the alternative of starving to death

I may go for a walk later. Depends on what's up with the kids. I may go walk down to the office to see about my package... They lost. it was a Christmas gift from DH. An awesome P!nk coffee mug from Great Britain. Yeah I'm about to go ape$*** crazy on the guy in there who seems not to want to take it seriously. I wanna take a nap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by br3n View Post
^~~THIS! That is what it's all about honey! You are doing great! Good job on getting that walk in!
Thanks Bren
Old 01-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #402
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 2012
Hi Danielle. Are you going to try to shake up the menu this week? Sounds like it may be a good idea for you mentally. Definitely go for a walk and go get that mug!! How dare they lose that package? Ugh, I hate that stuff. Drives me nuts how stuff like that goes wrong.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:32 AM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
It's -7 degrees Farenheit outside today, that's -22C. I went outside and my face started stinging. Went to the grocery store and picked up some guacamole makings. So I ate a pork chop with guacamole on it and it was so good. I had been eating meat with broccoli or coleslaw. So sick of it. lol. Slowly but surely I will figure it all out.

I have to go out one more time *sigh* to take DH to work and then pick him up at 11pm. I'm so glad I'm not hungry and miserable to boot. Yay for small wonders.

My Journal: Shantony's Journal to Wholeness

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." - Fred Devito

Mini Goal
230lbs by Jan. 31st
Old 01-02-2014, 11:27 AM   #404
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Happy New Year! I loved the post about things to make yourself feel good about yourself. We all really need to focus on those things. We judge ourselves so much more harshly than we do everyone else. Why???
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:04 PM   #405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantony View Post
It's -7 degrees Farenheit outside today, that's -22C. I went outside and my face started stinging. Went to the grocery store and picked up some guacamole makings. So I ate a pork chop with guacamole on it and it was so good. I had been eating meat with broccoli or coleslaw. So sick of it. lol. Slowly but surely I will figure it all out.

I have to go out one more time *sigh* to take DH to work and then pick him up at 11pm. I'm so glad I'm not hungry and miserable to boot. Yay for small wonders.
Shay it's great to find good legal stuff to eat!! Misery is well...miserable.

Carol~ You're always so positive!

Dani~ I swear you're killing me today with your one-liners! Yes shopping beats starving...you crack me up.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:24 PM   #406
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Hi Danielle. Are you going to try to shake up the menu this week? Sounds like it may be a good idea for you mentally. Definitely go for a walk and go get that mug!! How dare they lose that package? Ugh, I hate that stuff. Drives me nuts how stuff like that goes wrong.
I had planned to do it for this week.....the one that is now almost over..... .... so I will have to plan for next week...gotta get my ish together around here! I am still dealing with holiday decorations too....so far that's not happening today I'd rather sit & read my book and dink around online apparently! No news on my mug....I am devastated.. aside from the protein bars, this was probably gonna be my prized possession from Xmas DH has promised me he WILL get it...even if he has to buy another one He knows how I adore my queen OH, yeah, and I got a P!nk calendar that I adore---she is BeeeeeyuuuuuuuTful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantony View Post

Oh Lord have mercy, -7...no, that's just wrong. I want cold but not the kind that would freeze off my bits! Be careful out there, Shay! I am a creature of habit and eat a lot of the same things daily...drives my husband crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Happy New Year! I loved the post about things to make yourself feel good about yourself. We all really need to focus on those things. We judge ourselves so much more harshly than we do everyone else. Why???
Happy New Year, girl! I loved that too, it was very liberating to acknowledge that I am conquering that list bit by bit without even realizing it until now.

Quote:
Shay it's great to find good legal stuff to eat!! Misery is well...miserable.

Carol~ You're always so positive!

Dani~ I swear you're killing me today with your one-liners! Yes shopping beats starving...you crack me up.
Lord knows I could probably do with a few starving days...not like I'd wither away, eh? Except for the people who'd have to live with me and my, uh, mood....probably not a good idea.. it's like feeding the animals at the zoo...it's always a good idea.

I took a picture today...I dunno...I'm still not grooving on it..
Old 01-02-2014, 03:15 PM   #407
Blabbermouth!!!

Old 01-02-2014, 03:18 PM   #408
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Oh, SO CUTE! Both the haircut and you! I love it!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:40 PM   #409
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: Unhealthy/healthier/healthy!
WOE: 5:2 Fast Diet as LC as possible
Start Date: This time: 11/17/13
Darling! The way you talked I thought it was going to be short! Very cute! Shorter in back, longer in front??
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:55 PM   #410
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks ladies!

Judy, that IS short for me. She whacked off about 8 inches.. and even more in the back.. I went in with the intention of just a "trim" and then I said what the heck just chop it. I about fainted when she did the first cut

I did used to do a very short bob years ago and I definitely did not want to go back to that route...so this is a happy medium I guess.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:57 PM   #411
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OOOO Pretty (You and your hair)!!! I love the length, I thought it would be shorter too!
Old 01-02-2014, 04:00 PM   #412
Blabbermouth!!!

No short. This is short enough! considering my hair was down to my waist----this IS short!
Old 01-02-2014, 04:22 PM   #413
Blabbermouth!!!

Old 01-02-2014, 04:51 PM   #414
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
D- love the hair it looks nice and I agree it is not the soccer mom bob but more trendy!! Did I tell you about my hair issue? It is falling out in clumps I think its hormonal, I have a mess in the back of my head talk about stress.
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:09 PM   #415
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah Amber DD17 says I'm "hip & trendy" now LOL.
You did tell me about your hair! What's up with all that? Talk to your doc ASAP woman!
Old 01-03-2014, 06:10 AM   #416
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amber so sorry about your hair! Yes see your Doctor! It could be any number of things including stress related...you've had so much on your plate these last few months!!

Daniella Bella! Don't you love it when your children give you the 'style' thumbs up? I had waist length hair until my late 20's, then I cut it off and have never been able to get back that length. I had it to my shoulders for awhile but when I reached a certain age, it tends to drag my face down with the length...so I have a little longer than chin length bob, slightly shorter in the back. Love it. Easy to care for and stands up to my color jobs.
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 01-03-2014, 06:19 AM   #417
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 2012
I love the hair!!! Love. It is so sleek and gorgeous on you. Do you straighten it to get it that smooth? If not, I'm super jealous.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:46 AM   #418
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Amber so sorry about your hair! Yes see your Doctor! It could be any number of things including stress related...you've had so much on your plate these last few months!!

Daniella Bella! Don't you love it when your children give you the 'style' thumbs up? I had waist length hair until my late 20's, then I cut it off and have never been able to get back that length. I had it to my shoulders for awhile but when I reached a certain age, it tends to drag my face down with the length...so I have a little longer than chin length bob, slightly shorter in the back. Love it. Easy to care for and stands up to my color jobs.
Aw you gave me a flash back...Daniella Bella.... my most favorite boss in the whole world used to call me that years ago...good people that lady.
Yes, DD17 has turned into quite the cheerleader for me, it's been funny. She is harping on me now about how "baggy" my clothes is.... I am well aware of it but I cannot find anything I really like.. not to mention I'm sort've in-between sizes She helped DH shop for my make-up for Christmas gifts, so cute. You & I have the same haircut! I think my hair is like a security blanket...altho' for the last few months I'd been utterly sick of it, after she cut it I got super sad, and that sad lasted for several days, like I was mourning it or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
I love the hair!!! Love. It is so sleek and gorgeous on you. Do you straighten it to get it that smooth? If not, I'm super jealous.
Thank ya honey! Noooooo, I have to use the straightener... there used to be a time when my hair actually was that straight on its own....not-so-much anymore.... now, if I let it dry on it's own it gets super kinky curly/frizzy or if I just blow dry it it gets super fly-away..
-----------------------------

Reward day today! I'm ready. It was a tough week to get through without going off track for New Years Eve .... I can't believe I actually stayed away from the alcohol to celebrate. That's a first! I kept my promise to myself, and now that I'm on the other side of it, it feels oh-so-good!

I realized this morning that I have actually exercised 3x this week. Can you even freakin believe it?!

I cannot seem to get out of those 30's... OYE

01/01.... 231.2
01/02.... 231.0
01/02.... 230.6
Old 01-03-2014, 06:59 AM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/?/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
The haircut is cute...diggin' it.

Have a great day, Dani!