LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 62carat
Stats: 191/159/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2011
Tired of being a Fat Blob of Goo

Hey everyone! My name is Angela. I am a 43-year-old working wife and mother of 3. My children are 21, 19, and 9. (second marriage) When I got married in 2000, I weighed 144 pounds. I'd always been between 125-140, so I thought I looked good (also, I'm 5'3"). When I had my son in 2004 I went not into eating for two, but eating for two dozen. I ate and ate and ate. A year after having him, i still weighed 191 pounds. On my frame that's beyond huge.

For several years my weight yo-yo'd with 144 the lowest I ever managed to get, but I quickly put 40 back on. In Janaury 2011 I started WW with a weight of 185. I did that for several months, got down to about 165, then quit. 3 weeks ago, I started Aktins. I have finally found what my problem is.... I am 100% addicted to carbohydrates.

WW worked great for me, but it didn't solve the carb problem. Any diet that allowes me to waste 12 points on Ho-Ho's is awesome, but won't last. When i only got 26 a day, I realized that those 12 Ho-Ho points didn't leave me with much for the rest of the day; but it always left me hungry.

Funny thing about carbs, isn't it... You can eat a ton of carbs and yet feel like you didn't eat a thing. I would buy 2 donuts at the store, eat them in the car on the way home, get home, eat a pb&j sandwich while cooking dinner, eat dinner, then have another carb loaded snack.. and NEVER feel satisfied. Sure, I'd feel full and slightly sick from the sugar, but never satisfied.

Atkins has revolutionized my way of thinking. Yeah, I'm sick to death of eggs, but after 2 hard-boiled eggs, I have no desire to eat again for a few hours. I'm not in a constant state of high-alert wondering when I can eat again. I don't fixate on my next meal. Food isn't on my mind 90% of the time.

I started my weight loss journey at my highest weight of 191 so that is my starting point. Today, I am 159. My goal is 125. Can I do it? Sure, why not. May take a while with some hills and valleys, but I'm tired of being a blob. I deserve to walk with my eyes ahead and not at the ground where no one can see my fat little face.

Last edited by 62carat; 11-11-2013 at 11:51 AM..
62carat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #2

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
Please never call yourself something like a "Fat Blob of Goo." if you wouldn't want your best friend called that, don't let it apply to you either. It's nice to lose weight, but you are still precious and valuable, EXACTLY as precious and valuable, if you weighed 300 lb.

sorry to lecture, but it's important. loving yourself and forgiving yourself are the basis of success in so many things.

best of luck!
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Hi Angela!

I certainly hope you come back to this thread

I too, have a 9 year old (and an 8, 11, and 13 year old.) I was overweight when I had my 11 year old and have been ever since. I too am short (5'1) so I understand your feelings perfectly. I also understand about WW. I followed that program also, and was thrilled that I could drink soda...but that's about all I did. Soda and maybe a Reese cup. I have a "problem" where I can eat something small like that and be full the rest of the day. Which is great, but not really. Especially when I wasn't eating anything nutritious, even though my "diet" said I could.

Good luck on your journey!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote