LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladybarometer
Stats: 219/188/160
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Reboot 10/2013
Total Loser!

So I had no idea that we could have journal threads - I had seen them around, but it never registered in my head that they were connected to LCF or to actually look for them, and make my own, but here I am

So I've been on JUDDD for about 6 weeks, I'm getting a little discouraged at my 7 pound loss - I was doing great for about 4 weeks, then I got stuck. I thought maybe it was because I was sick, but I'm starting to think that it's my fault - My DDs have been higher than my numbers, and my UDs have been to the max! I have this TERRIBLE sweet tooth though! I'm eating pretzel m&m's as we speak, and it never fails that I grab a few bites of something sweet on my DDs. I know what I need to do now...

I love JUDDD - it works, but I have to get my sweets and carbs under control! So... I'm off to LC land with my good pal JUDDD - maybe they'll play nice together. LC eliminates my cravings for just about everything, so turning to LC is a no brainer. This will get my calories under control on my UDs, and make my DDs easier. I'm donating my granola bar stock to my co-workers, and bagles to my boyfriend. Cleaning out the fridge tomorrow, and making room for my groceries. It's a good time for it, we're low on everything anyway, so I'll restock with LC friendly foods. I've already made my list, and printed some of Linda Sue's recipes that I remember enjoying last time I explored LC. On the menu for the next couple of weeks is Crustless quiche, Boursin chicken, and spinach lasagna (no noodles!).

I'm sure I can follow this through Thanksgiving. I'll bring my own LC friendly dessert to share along with a dish or two that's LC friendly. It's all good.

I'm going to enjoy the weekend. I know if I start before then, I'll be super sad, since I had planned on an outting with friends on Sunday to get Tacos - I'll keep that date, and start Monday. It'll be a DD, so I can fast all day, and have a light LC dinner - probably an omelette

Now it you'll excuse me, I'm going to say goodbye to my m&m's by eating them. ALL OF THEM! Bwahahahaha!

What? It's an up day

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2013, 05:42 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Wild Weekend

So I successfully had a DD Saturday with no issues - I went a little over, but not big deal - Sunday was a normal UD, and yesterday Was another up day... It was the rare ocassion that my boyfriends and I had the day off together, and I wanted to fix omelettes together, and not worry about the diet so much. Omelette for breakfast, and a grilled chicken sandwich and cup of sour for dinner- it was a regular, not over UP, up day - no regrets!

That makes today a DD, and I'm ok with that. Water all day, and salmon for dinner with a side of a green veggie. This is the "official" start of my low carbing, so I'm going to stick to it. I played with it over the weekend, but I had too much going on to really get going on strict LC. Again, no regrets! I had a great weekend.
ladybarometer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:20 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Hey LB! I'm glad you started a journal. I've been contemplating doing that myself, to document these last 40 (50?) pounds.

It sounds like you know just what you need to do, and that's just be more careful with your calories. It's so easy to let a few extras here and a few extras there sneak in, and wreck an otherwise stellar day on plan. Just 100 calories each day will really add up to some nice losses!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Hey LB! I'm glad you started a journal. I've been contemplating doing that myself, to document these last 40 (50?) pounds.

It sounds like you know just what you need to do, and that's just be more careful with your calories. It's so easy to let a few extras here and a few extras there sneak in, and wreck an otherwise stellar day on plan. Just 100 calories each day will really add up to some nice losses!
I know! I've been taking a taste or two of peanut butter for my sweet tooth - that can quickly turn into 200 calories
Old 11-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Day 3 or 4 of low carbing with JUDDD - I had a bit of induction flu, but it's gone now. No MAJOR hunger today at all, which is a first since I re-started JUDDD. I have had some issues on UDs - when eating low carb, it's tough to eat 1900 calories surprisingly enough, unless you are eating lots of steak or pork, but I can't really afford to do that, plus I promised myself that while LCing this time, I would try and not eat so much beef - I think that plan will need to change a bit (I LOVE beef anyway)

I have some days coming up where I'm going to have to alter my rotations, but I'm gonna stick with JUDDD, and certainly JUDDDing while LCing, especially with Thanksgiving festivities! I hope to see some loss this week - I feel lighter

My poor fridge is almost empty without all my carbs :P
Old 12-02-2013, 06:00 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

I am absolutely disgusted with myself!!
I couldn't button my pants this morning, my ring doesn't fit - what has happened!!
I didn't over eat on the holiday, and have been eating low calorie all weekend to rid myself of the excess bloat, but I don't understand what's happening with my body

It's like someone has pumped my full of air and water. WHY can't I just lose weight and keep it off - what am I going to have to do to make that happen? What is wrong with me??? :,(
Old 12-02-2013, 08:08 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
LB!

That is frustrating! And it makes us feel waaaayyyyyy fatter than we really are. Just try really hard to remember that it isn't true. It's water weight, and it will go when it's ready.

I think our heads play nasty games with us. I ate plenty over Thanksgiving weekend, but I know I couldn't have put on pounds of fat. But just knowing what I ate, I actually feel like I look fatter in the mirror. My clothes feel tighter, but when I really am honest with myself, I see that they are not. WHYYYYYY do our heads do that to us??? Not fair.

Hang in there, hon! We can do this together!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote