Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joyfulfawn
fawn's low carb journal

Soooooo, I want need to loose some weight.

I weigh more now than I ever have in my life. Even more than when I was 9 months prego with each of my girls! Wowza. Oucha.

I've been through so much these past few years. I got ill. I found out so much about my health and eating and what I needed to eat for my type of body.

But sometime last summer, I just went a little crazy I guess! I threw caution to the wind and ate whatever I wanted and had fun and didn't worry about food at all, well except for being gluten free. I will always be gluten free.

Throwing caution to the wind was real fun and all, but I put on a good 30 lbs. Just like that. Bam. I already had a little more to love going on as it was if you know what I mean.

I am really not happy at this weight. I am uncomfortable. I had to buy some new cloths.

Just really
not
happy.

I'm going to give this low carb high fat thing a go. I've done Paleo before and liked it, but I got these insane energy dips on Paleo.

Low carb is pretty close to Paleo only I'm focusing on eating more fat than I ever did on Paleo and cutting the carbs for weight loss. I sort of envision my way of eating evolving into a more Paleo way of eating eventually, although I think that one of the things I've learned is that I never want to back myself into a corner on a diet. I don't want to get SO immersed into a diet or way of eating that it becomes everything that I think about and stand for.

I stand for Jesus Christ. He runs and rules my life. Plain and simple. Not food. Not some diet.

I plan on jotting down my daily food journal stuff here, when I can. So here goes Low Carb day 1:

So last night I stuffed my mouth with a TON of tator tots. It was like borderline binge eating. I was thinking, goodbye my little friends. I may not see you for some time. Let's properly say goodbye to you and all. And I felt really pooey after I ate them, couldn't fall asleep, my head was swooshing. Fun times.

Today's Nitty Gritty:

B: I didn't eat anything. Probably still in a carb coma from last night.
L: A 3 egg omelette with some cream cheese and cheddar cheese, bacon pieces

S: Yogi Tea Venetian Hazelnut with half and half
S: A good amount of brie cheese and bunch of those little green olives with the pimento's stuffed inside (we were shopping around dinner time and I just munched on this stuff in between stores in the car)
D: Diced up chicken from a whole chicken that I cooked up in the crockpot a few days ago, capers, purple onion, a good scoop of Sir Kensington's mayo, sea salt, and pepper, mixed it all up and wrapped it into a romaine lettuce leaf with a Bubbie's dill pickle on the side.
S: I started to have a little craving for chocolate candy after dinner, as I saw some of my kiddo's laying around from Halloween. A lot of times after I finish eating whatever, then I crave candy or something sweet or chocolate. Anyways, I nipped that in the bootay and said I'd rather be thin than eat candy and instead I heated up some Venetian Hazelnut tea and put Organic heavy whipping cream in it. Yum and totally worked for my craving.

I hope that I'm doing this right. There was a tiny bit of sugar in my mayo (1 gram of carbs per Tbsp I believe), and I noticed that the bacon had sugar in it but it still said 0 carbs. Even with all of that what I entered into my calorie counter said that I was under 10 grams of carbs for the day.
joyfulfawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Holy Moly (my husband seriously uses this phrase all of the time and it cracks me up)!

So this morning I got woken up SUPER early because our good friend's vehicle was stolen and so there was just some stuff that we needed to help them with in regards to that. I actually felt fine when I first got woken up, but then I decided to try to fall back asleep to get some rest and when I tried to wake back up, it was like huge time uggers. I just wanted to sleep all day long.

I did wake up though, points for Timber! And I was seriously NOT hungry at all, which is seriously strange for me. As my husband once told me, I eat a lot and I constantly have to eat. Like I usually can't go more than a few hours without eating during the day. So I'm liking this feeling!

I did have a slight just sort of a vague headache going on and during lunch I had this freako pain in my right groin and right side of my chest at the same time. I thought, oh Lord, I'm going to die of a heart attack from eating like this. But I didn't. Phew! I also kind of felt a little out of it, like brain fog. I get that a lot though anyways because of my Thyroid autoimmune disease. Yay me! And I felt really warm and sweaty earlier in the day.

Later in the day I felt tired. I took a nap and just felt like an utter lazy bum. I have no idea if it's thyroid related or diet related but I'm going to keep pushing through with this low carb lifestyle change regardless.

I still can't get over how full I feel. I'm not really craving sweets. A few times today I thought I might go graze on something simply because I was bored. I would ask myself, but are you really hungry? And I honestly wasn't. Normally I graze all day and I'm really hungry. I'm really liking this feeling of not having to eat all day long and waking up starving. It's pretty much awesome sauce.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

What I ate:

B: Nada

L: A huge burger (we bought a quarter of a local grass fed cow, LOVING that!), with cheddar cheese and a little bit of local blue cheese melted on top, bacon ends and pieces that I had from leftovers, some red onion, a big scoop of Sir Kensington's gourmet scooping mayonnaise, some avocado, all wrapped up in a romaine lettuce leaf with a Bubbie's dill pickle on the side. I couldn't actually finish all of the hamburger, I was so stuffed. I also had a quart of ice water.

S: Yogi Tea Venetian Hazelnut with heavy whipping cream

Dinner: Some brie, some green olives (really more of a snack)

Snack: Some cheddar cheese chips with a little bit of garlic salt and chili powder

If I get hungry again before bed, I'll just have some tea with organic heavy whipping cream.

Day 2 outs. Boom!
Old 11-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Low Carb High Fat Day 3

I woke up super early this morning, felt like my whole body had a little bit of a headache. I tried to fall back asleep to no avail. I ended up just getting out of bed early and I got some chores done and started on my little at home business duties.

The annoying full body headache went away quickly and I had a pretty good day really.

I wasn't hungry at all this morning. I think that I finally ended up eating my 1st meal around 10:00 AM and then that held me over until dinner time.

Dinner was a little bit of a fail tonight because what I tried to cook in the crock pot didn't finish cooking in time for dinner. So I just did something else and kind of snacked a little bit.

Was tempted with cocktails this evening by my hubby but I said no thanks.

So, I stepped on the scale, just out of curiosity, and I am almost down about 8 lbs. Is that even possible?!! That made me super happy. I have the type of scale that is NOT digital and it's hard to read the exact poundage that you are, but seriously, can that be right?!! Scratching my head.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

B: Nada
L: A leftover burger with cheddar cheese, topped with a sauce that I made out of sour cream, mayonnaise, and goat cheese, and then some onion and tomato wrapped up in a romaine leaf lettuce with a pickle.

D: A salad- romaine lettuce, chicken, onion, tomato, and the rest of that dressing/sauce that I made earlier for the burger, plus some bacon, and some pot roast.

{No, I did not eat ALL of this bacon, lol}

S: A cuppa tea with some heavy whipping cream

Day 4. Boom.

Old 11-09-2013, 03:30 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meg2039
Stats: 218/186/155
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 11/2/13
Hi there, just popping on to say its great you are doing a journal. It really helps to stay on track. Also, you meals look great!
Meg2039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Fawn, congratulation on your weight loss! Eight pounds is awesome!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:31 PM   #6
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
wooo hooo 8 lbs!!! I love your food pics... and look forward to reading about your success.
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote