My Judd Info Thread!
I would like to start this thread with the intention of filling it with JUDDD related info! Snack/Meal ideas for DD, low cal food finds/reviews, articles, and my progress! :)
-I purposely slept in today (knowing it was a DD and sleeping puts off eating). I can do this because I'm a housewife. My job is to rear my young, keep up the house, feed my loved ones, and such... So I can make my own schedule.:p
-Like I said in another thread, I started on a DD day because 447 is something mentally easy for me to worry about.
-This as a binger comforts me some how.
-I have to figure out dinner for my guys tonight *hubby(35)son(11)*I'm thinking a boxed jumbalaya mix with chicken/shrimp protein combo.
-I've had a 100 cal bag of popcorn and 2 32 oz tumblers of iced water.
-I thought it was interesting to look through my pantry and see that 3 viennna sausages=100 cals. There are roughly 7 in the can.. I can't portion control that! LOL:laugh:
-I've also decided to do the Fast 5... Where I consume all my cals in 5 hours on my DD. I chose from 3-8pm, because thats when I noticed I started feeling hungry!
-I'm going to try and stay as sugar free as I can... Not nes. low carb, but I do find when I eat sweet stuff, I'm instantly transported into a binge fit.
-My DD cals will be dedicated to veggies (naturally low in cals) and snacky typed portions of food.
-Around 100 cals per DD meal. Roughly 4 and a half meals on a typical DD.
-I will most likely have a mini-meal once an hour during this period.
ANY advice would be GLADLY accepted! :love:
88 unexpected snacks under 100 cals! (Contributed by:Laura Schwecherl)
1. Mini PB&F: One fig Newton with 1 teaspoon peanut butter.
2. Chocolate Banana: Half a frozen banana dipped in two squares of melted dark chocolate.
3. Frozen grapes (any color): 1 cup (about 28 grapes), stuck in the freezer for 2+ hours.
4. Honeyed Yogurt: ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt with a dash of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon honey.
5. Spiced Orange: One orange— about the size of a tennis ball— sprinkled with cinnamon.
6. Grilled Pineapple: 2 ¼-inch thick pineapple rounds (about 1 cup), grilled (or sautéed) for two minutes or until golden.
7. Berries n’ Cream: 1 cup blueberries with 2 tablespoons whipped topping.
8. Stuffed Figs: Two small dried figs with 1 tablespoon reduced-fat ricotta stuffed inside. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
9. Oats n’ Berries: ⅓ cup rolled oats (cooked with water), topped with cinnamon and ¼ cup fresh berries.
10. Dark Chocolate: One block, or three squares.
11. Nut-Stuffed Date: One Medjool Date filled with one teaspoon natural unsalted almond butter.
12. Chocolate Milk: 6 ounces skim milk mixed with 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup.
13. Cinnamon Applesauce: 1 cup unsweetened applesauce. Or, try this homemade version!
14. Citrus-Berry Salad: 1 cup mixed berry salad (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and/or blackberries) tossed with one tablespoon fresh-squeezed orange juice.
15. Maple-Pumpkin Yogurt: ½ cup non-fat regular yogurt (go Greek for extra protein!) with 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree and 1 teaspoon maple syrup… like this!
16. Chocolate Pudding: One 4oz package. Try a fat/sugar free version or a homemade one!
17. Chocolate Covered Strawberries: Five strawberries dipped in two squares melted dark chocolate.
18. Tropical Juice Smoothie: ¼ cup pineapple juice, orange juice, and apple juice, blended with ice.
19. Vanilla and Banana Smoothie: ½ cup sliced banana, ¼ cup nonfat vanilla yogurt, and a handful of ice blended until smooth.
20. MYO Banana Chips: One sliced banana dipped in lemon juice and baked.
21. Baked Apple: One tennis ball-sized apple, cored, filled with 1 teaspoon brown sugar and cinnamon, and baked until tender.
22. Fruity Waffles: One 7-grain frozen waffle toasted and topped with ¼ cup fresh mixed berries.
23. Skinny S’more: Two graham crackers with one roasted marshmallow and one small square dark chocolate.
24. Cinnamon Graham Crackers & Peanut butter: Two graham cracker squares with 1 teaspoon peanut butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
25. Cereal and Milk: ½ cup rice krispies with ½ cup skim milk.
26. Milk n’ Cookies: Five animal crackers with ½ cup skim milk.
27. Warm Spiced Cider: 6 ounces apple cider with sprinkles of cinnamon and nutmeg, warmed.
28. Citrus Sherbet: ½ cup lime sherbet (about one standard-sized ice-cream scoop) with ½ sliced kiwi.
29. Café Latte: 8 ounces steamed skim milk with 1 shot espresso.
30. Jelly Beans: 25 of ‘em! Although we don’t recommend these.
31. Marshmallow Pear: ½ pear diced and topped with 1 tablespoon marshmallow fluff.
32. Protein Shake: One scoop protein powder with 8 ounces water (choose from tasty powder flavors like cookies n’ cream and chocolate peanut butter!).
33. M.Y.O. Popsicle: 8 ounces lemonade frozen in an ice pop mold, or use a small paper cup as a mold.
34. Apple Chips: Munch on ¾ cup of kinds like these, or use this recipe!
35. Carrots n’ Hummus: About 10 baby carrots with 2 tablespoons hummus.
36. Pistachios: A couple handfuls— about 25 nuts (Crackin’ them open will take more time and avoid grabbing 25 more).
37. Cheese n’ Crackers: Five Kashi 7-grain crackers with 1 stick reduced-fat string cheese.
38. Dippy Egg: One over easy egg with ½ slice whole-wheat toast, sliced (to dip in yolk!).
39. Cheesy Breaded Tomatoes: Two roasted plum tomatoes sliced and topped with 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
40. Curried Sweet Potato: One medium sweet potato (about 5 inches long) cooked for six minutes in the microwave and mashed with 1 teaspoon curry, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
41. “Cheesy” Popcorn: 2 cups air-popped popcorn with 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast— it’ll taste like real cheese!
42. Guacamole stuffed Egg Whites: Halve a hardboiled egg, remove yolk, and stuff the empty space with 2 tablespoons guacamole (avocado, lime, cilantro and salt).
43. Grilled Spinach and Feta Polenta: 3 oz polenta (about the size of a deck of cards) cooked with 1 ½ cups water and topped with 1 teaspoon feta cheese and a handful spinach.
44. Soy Edamame: ¼ cup boiled Edamame with 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
45. Dijon Pretzels: Two pretzel rods with 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard.
46. Crunchy Curried Tuna Salad: ½ cup canned tuna with 1 teaspoon curry powder, 1 tablespoon chopped red onion, and two ribs celery (chopped).
47. Greek Tomatoes: One tomato (about the size of a tennis ball) chopped and mixed with 1 tablespoon feta and a squeeze of lemon juice.
48. Shrimp Cocktail: Eight medium sized shrimp boiled and served with 2 tablespoons classic cocktail sauce.
49. Smoked Beef Jerky: About 1 ounce— look for low sodium versions!
50. Cheddar and Tomato Soup: ½ cup tomato soup with 1 tablespoon shredded low-fat cheddar cheese.
51. Kale Chips: ½ cup raw kale— stems removed— baked with 1 teaspoon olive oil at 400° until crisp.
52. Sweet Potato Fries: One light-bulb sized sweet potato sliced, tossed with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and baked at 400° for 10 minutes.
53. Cucumber Sandwich: ½ English muffin with 2 tablespoons cottage cheese and three slices of cucumber.
54. Turkey Roll-Ups: Four slices smoked turkey rolled up and dipped in 2 teaspoons honey mustard.
55. Mixed Olives: About 8 olives.
56. Antipasto Plate: One Pepperocini, a ½ inch cube of cheddar cheese, one slice pepperoni, and one olive.
57. Pumpkin Seeds: 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, sprayed with oil (just a spritz!) and baked at for 400° for 15 minutes or until brown. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
58. Choco-Soy Nuts: 3 tablespoons soy nuts with 1 teaspoon cocoa nibs.
59. Wasabi Peas: About ⅓ cup of these green treats.
60. Balsamic Veggies: 3 cups raw peppers (any color!) dipped in 2 tablespoons balsamic reduction.
61. Cheesy Roasted Asparagus: Four spears (spritzed with olive-oil spray) and topped with 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, baked for 10 minutes at 400°.
62. Cucumber salad: One large cucumber (sliced) with 2 tablespoons chopped red onion and 2 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar.
63. Spinach and Feta Egg-White Scramble: Three egg whites scrambled and mixed with ½ cup raw spinach and 1 tbsp feta cheese. Cook in frying pan or zap in microwave until egg whites are no longer runny (about 1-2 minutes).
64. Crunchy Kale Salad: 1 cup kale leaves chopped with 1 teaspoon honey and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.
65. Chick Pea Salad: ¼ chickpeas with 1 tablespoon sliced scallions, a squeeze of lemon juice, and ¼ cup diced tomatoes.
66. Grilled Garlic Corn on the Cob: One small-sized ear brushed with 1 teaspoon sautéed minced garlic and 1 teaspoon olive oil, grilled until tender.
67. Pretzels & Cream Cheese: 15 mini pretzel sticks with 2 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese.
68. Bacon Brussels Salad: Seven brussel spouts thinly sliced and mixed with one piece lean bacon, chopped.
69. Rosemary Potatoes: ⅓ cup thinly sliced potato tossed with 1 teaspoons olive oil and a teaspoon of chopped rosemary.
70. Spicy Black Beans: ¼ cup black beans with 1 tablespoon salsa and 1 tablespoon non-fat Greek yogurt.
71. Caprese Salad: 1 ounce (hockey puck sized) of fresh mozzarella with ½ cup cherry tomatoes and 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar.
72. Goldfish: About 40 fishies…try the cheddar kind!
73. Chips n’ Salsa: 10 baked tortilla chips with ¼ cup salsa.
74. Mini Ham Sandwich: Two slices honey-baked ham with 2 teaspoons honey mustard rolled in a lettuce leaf.
75. Lox Bagel: ½ whole-wheat mini bagel with two thin slices of lox.
76. Chocolate Trail Mix: Eight almonds, four chocolate chips, and 1 tablespoon raisins.
77. Apples and Cheese: 1 non-fat mozzarella cheese stick with half of a baseball-sized apple (any variety), sliced.
78. PB & Celery: 1 medium celery stalk with 1 tablespoon peanut butter.
79. Cottage Cheese Melon Boat: 1 cup melon balls with ½ cup non-fat cottage cheese.
80. Carrot and Raisin Salad: 1 cup shaved carrots with 2 tablespoons raisins and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.
81. Tropical Cottage Cheese: ½ cup non-fat cottage cheese with ½ cup fresh mango and pineapple, chopped.
82. Blue-Cheese Stuffed Apricots: Three dried apricots with 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese.
83. Rice Cake and Almond Butter: One rice cake (try brown rice!) with 2 teaspoons almond butter.
84. Sweet n’ Spicy Pecans: Five pecans roasted with 2 teaspoons maple syrup and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
85. Apples n’ Peanut Butter: ½ an apple, sliced and dipped in 1 teaspoon natural peanut butter.
86. Chocolate Hazelnut Crackers: Four wheat thins dipped in 1 teaspoon Nutella (or other hazelnut spread).
87. Strawberry Salad: 1 cup raw spinach with ½ cup sliced strawberries and 1 tablespoon balsamic.
88. Cacao-Roasted Almonds: Pop in eight almonds
50 Snacks Under 50 Cals! (Womans Day Website:Kerri M. Gans)
Satisfy your sweet tooth
1. 1⁄2 medium apple, baked, topped with 1 Tbsp lowfat yogurt sprinkled with cinnamon (45 calories)
2. 1⁄2 small banana, frozen (45 calories)
3. 4 oz unsweetened applesauce sprinkled with cinnamon (49 calories)
4. 1 miniature box of raisins (45 calories)
5. 2 sugar-free ice pops (30 calories)
6. 1 sugar-free fudge ice pop (35 calories)
7. 12 cherries (48 calories)
8. 1 individual serving sugar-free gelatin with 3 Tbsp light whipped topping (40 calories)
9. 1⁄2 cup strawberries with 21⁄2 Tbsp nonfat yogurt (47 calories)
10. 14 seedless red grapes, frozen (48 calories)
Indulge a salt craving
11. 11⁄2 cups salted air-popped popcorn (46 calories)
12. 1⁄4 cup shelled edamame with sea salt (37 calories)
13. 8 oz miso soup (36 calories)
14. 1 pretzel rod (37 calories)
15. 1⁄4 small bag of Glenny's lightly salted soy crisps (35 calories)
16. 1 medium sliced cucumber mixed with 1⁄4 cup sliced onion, 1⁄2 cup chopped celery, 4 Tbsp vinegar and salt to taste (45 calories)
17. 6 oz eight-vegetable juice (39 calories)
18. 1 kosher dill pickle (10 calories)
Crunch and munch
19. 1⁄2 cup jicama with 4 oz salsa (49.5 calories)
20. 11⁄2 cups sugar snap peas (40 calories)
21. Small celery stalk smeared with 1⁄2 Tbsp natural peanut butter (49 calories)
22. 1⁄2 small apple with 1 tsp soy butter (46 calories)
23. 1 brown rice cake with 1 Tbsp sugar-free jam (44 calories)
Smooth and creamy
24. 1 Laughing Cow Light Garlic & Herb wedge spread on cucumber slices (35 calories)
25. 1 tsp almond butter (34 calories)
26. 1⁄2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt with 1 tsp sugar-free strawberry jam (43 calories)
27. 1 oz avocado (about 1⁄8 of an avocado) squirted with lime (45 calories)
28. 8 grape tomatoes dipped in 1 Tbsp light cream cheese (46 calories)
29. 6 pieces of endive filled with 1⁄2 oz reduced-fat feta cheese (49 calories)
30. 1 slice fat-free American cheese (30 calories)
31. 1 large tomato, sliced, topped with 1 Tbsp Parmesan, broiled (44 calories)
32. 1 oz fat-free cottage cheese on 1 slice caraway Finn Crisp Crispbread (38 calories)
33. 1 oz fat-free mozzarella dipped in 1 tsp marinara sauce (46 calories)
Power up on protein
34. Turkey rollups: 2 slices white meat turkey rolled in 2 lettuce leaves (46 calories)
35. 1 oz smoked salmon (about 1 slice) on 2 Wheat Thins crackers (Multi-Grain) (48 calories)
36. 1 tofu dog with 1 Tbsp sauerkraut (48 calories)
37. 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt sprinkled with 1 tsp sunflower seeds (49.6 calories)
38. 1.3 oz water-packed tuna with 1 tsp Dijon mustard (48 calories)
39. 2 large hard-cooked egg whites with 1 cup sliced cucumber (48 calories)
40. 1 slice Wasa Fibre Crispbread with 2 tsp hummus (45 calories)
41. 1 medium water-packed sardine with slice of red onion (35 calories)
42. 1⁄2 cup melon with 2 Tbsp 1% cottage cheese (47 calories)
43. 1⁄2 small grapefruit (32 calories)
44. 1⁄3 cup blueberries with 1 Tbsp light sour cream (47 calories)
45. 1⁄2 cup carrots with 1 Tbsp light ranch dressing (45 calories)
46. 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk with 1 Tbsp Walden Farms calorie-free chocolate syrup (40 calories)
47. 1 packet of sugar-free hot chocolate made with 1⁄4 cup skim milk and 3⁄4 cup hot water (47 calories)
48. 3⁄4 cup almond milk (45 calories)
49. 3⁄4 cup seltzer with 1⁄4 cup cranberry juice and a lime wedge (33 calories)
50. Homemade iced green tea (with artificial sweetener if desired) (0 calories)
I will also research Hungry Girl and Ellie Krieger!
I've also noticed...
I'm not foggy/exhausted! With Induction it's brain fog city!
I feel good! :love:
Rebecca-- congrats on getting through your DD!
my one recommendation is to experiment. I found that I prefer some protein along with my veggies, though I do like veggies b/c I can fill up more and feel righteous :D.
The book (which I do recommend everyone read!) recommends veggies and lean meats.
I also bought an oil sprayer (or use pam) so that I can still do a stirfry and get a good browning effect. Fat also brings across some of the nutrients that otherwise your body can't use.
Anyway, some people do 4 meals, some do 10 mini (or "Barbie") meals of 50 cal each...
Some just have coffee and then 1 meal per day.
I think I've tried everything-- right now, I'm doing 1 protein shake diluted in water and sipped on most of the afternoon. Then 1 good meal.
Don't forget your vitamins-- you might find some that help with appetite, or mental clarity (this is why people are into the ptero stuff)... And a lot find that some caffeine in the morning (or whenever you can tolerate it) helps with both of the above as well.
And drink lots of water! :)
:kicking: keep on rocking!
I'm eating a veggie garden patty for 70 cals!
I think I will (at first) go through my large veggie meat stash! I have several diff types of veggie burgers, chicken patties, and sausage patties! Soo good! I'm tickled I found them =D
Thanks for the input Soren!! =)
So far today I've had....
One bag of Jolly Time 100 cal a bag popcorn (110)
1 morningstar veggie burger (100)
Slimfast Chocolate Royale Shake made with unsweetened coconut milk(190) (delish!)
I have an almost 50 cal discrepancy. Will I need to eat the 50 or can I just forget it?
PS My DD food choice WILL improve, but I recently cleaned my house out for induction and I don't have many low cal items. =D
You don't have to eat all your DD calories. Dr. Johnson said a full fast is ideal, but he doubted many people would do the EOD thus the DD calories.
Oh! Thank you! I sure you appreciate it!
My SF Milkshake was 155 not 190! So I'm at 365 cals today out of 447 intended.
What is JUDDD--?? Or, where can I go to learn/read about it? Thank you.
It's Johnson's Up Day Down Day Diet (JUDDD) it's intermittent fasting! You eat super low cals on down days(20 to 35% of recommended allowance) and then on up days you eat the recommended calories! Look up the the diet on google.
Find the calculator (fit for your body size/weight) and figure out your cal allowance. Come back and share! :)
I just had a bullion cube in boiling water with a tab of heavy cream. Ohhh man that is fantastic! 55 cals!
That brings my total to 415!
Great snack ideas! Thanks for sharing :-)
Day Two UD
I'm down 1 lb today! I do realize that it's water weight! Here's the thing... I had started gaining from a pretty bad cheat earlier in the week and now I'm down a lb! That matters to me, to my mental health! :o
So far today I've had 550 cals (Mandarin, and Chicken Vienna Sausages)
I'll say again, my food choices make no sense right now, because I cleared the house out of non-induction foods. So Friday I'm hoping to get some more normal stuff. :laugh:
My day was awesome! I did have a bit of a headache, but I'm not sure if it was caused by my restriction?! :dunno: I ate over my UD cals by 31 cals! I ate under my DD yesterday, so I'll pretend I ate 31 over on purpose. :) I can tell you that I accidentally ate 700 cals worth of COOKIES! I wish I was being cheeky and telling you are story... But I'm not! UGH I would've NEVER eaten that many cals of useless non-nutritive food. It was like I was on auto-pilot! My gay bestie (Tyler) and I are tv/food buddies. He bought the cookies the other day and and he cracked them open. Well I just started eating, happy as a clam.:eek: I ate 5 before I came to, and realized what I was doing!! UGH! Thank goodness I had all those cals to spare, but I sure did feel like a dummy! :o
I'm planning to have two "meals" today...
The one I'm REALLY looking forward to is my Slimfast shake!
I make it with the chocolate royale slim fast powder, unsweetened coconut milk, and ice in a blender. Well this time around (for 100 extra cals) I'm adding a tab of all natural peanut butter (no sugar added)! I realize it's a liquid meal, but I love it! This combo will equal 260 calories!
That leaves me with 187 cals..... I might have some tuna, or a piece of frozen fish.. Maybe some random crap in my pantry! hehehehe I dunno!
I'm also reading up on this "potato hack" thing. I don't understand it, but in my defense, I'm very new to JUDDD. Once I get a clue on this hack... I'll repost my ideas about it.:D;)
Before I get ready to finally go to sleep I am going to try and get 187 cals in! I'll be back around late after noon! Happy Eating!
Today was a WONDERFUL DD! I ate two things today for a total of 425!:sing:
I'm down three LBS in three days! :jumpjoy:
My menu for today:
-One container of Fage yogurt (with the little honey connected to it) BUT I hated the honey so much I ate the yogurt plain! I guess I should adjust for those cals I didn't eat, but I'm not THAT spastic about logging. I'll pretend I ate them! :hyst:
-I made another slimfast shake(110cals), coconut milk(45cals), and 1 tab of PB (110)... I LOVEEEEEEEE this shake! I think I'm going to shop around for a protein powder to use (for less calories)! :hiya:
Do any of you have a protein powder suggestion??:love:
I really like consuming my calories (on DD) by way of liquid! It's a no brainer to me.. It's like I can separate myself from food, because the delivery system is different. ;)
Thank you Kris!!! I try to be as positive as I can!!!
The boullion/cream is AAAAAAMMMMAAAZZZING it's so rich and creamy! After a hard day of starving(HAH) it's a warm, creamy, welcomed, break!
It's UD!!! WOot!
I finally get to have my homemade Chicken and Dumplings! I'm glad I had to wait, because they are better the longer they sit!
So far today I've had an everything bagel with light veggie cream cheese. It wasn't my ultimate choice for my breakfast, but I jumped out of bed forced to do unplanned errands.:stars: I was SO hungry, I was sick:sick:, and I had to go to the grocery store! I thought to myself, I could go to a bojangles, or mcdonalds for breakfast. I don't make solid choices there yet. So I went to the bagel place right next to the grocery. I'll tally the calories in a bit.
So lunch is dumplings and then for dinner my son and I will have wings (BuffaloWildWings). I hope I make a good decision there! I'll obviously plan before I go! :D
While at the grocery I picked up some more unsweetened coconut milk and yogurts for my DD. =D It's my fav combo right now. :jumpjoy:
Ohh! Also I'm down another lb! 4lbs in 4 days..............:love:
Cream Cheese, Light Garden Veggie
Chicken and Dumplings
Dinner: 1020 ********This might change! :D
Wrap, Buffalo Ranch Chicken
Ok Update on food! I went with the boneless chicken wings (I ate 5). They were disappointing. SUPER crusty and crunchy hardly any meat! Bleck! I DID have carrots with ranch! I enjoyed it better than the wings! The UPside to this whole fiasco is the fact it cut the cals I ate Substantially! =)
I love the ranch at BWW- usually more than the wings. I always get extra ranch to take home and use for dip for the next few days. I love celery (I know- that sounds ridiculous- but I do.) I even eat celery on UDs so I can use the ranch from BWW.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:19 AM.|