Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gabby1
Stats: 220/192/170 5'9" 47yo
WOE: Gentle Low Carb
Start Date: 6/22/2012
Welcome back, girl. You are among friends .
Gabby1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: limetwist
Stats: [5'8"] 230/IT IS A MYSTERY/135ish
WOE: Low carb - Intermittent fasting
Start Date: 01/2011, got lazy/married, rebooting FOR REAL 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby1 View Post
Welcome back, girl. You are among friends .
THANKS! And so glad to be here.

--

Today was ridiculous. I cleaned. A LOT.

Started out by organizing my clothing. I pulled out all of the contents of my drawers and put the stuff that couldn't fit away in a box. I kept saying aloud, "I'll be back for you later!" periodically. And I mean it! It definitely was nice to get a lot of the clutter out of the way and fold things up nicely. All of the summer things went into a tub and into storage. Breaking out the boots, baby!

Then I scrubbed down the shower, washed the curtain/liner, mopped the bathroom floor, cleaned the vanity/mirror, then I hit the kitchen and scoured it. Husband helped along, even though he wasn't quite feeling the lazy Sunday cleaning. I didn't mind so much, because MAN. It felt good. I was so crazy energetic. The kitchen is sparkling, the floors clean, the rugs/mats washed,the laundry mostly caught up...talk about a productive day. I even played video games and watched TV. It felt like the hours in my day had suddenly tripled!

I honestly believe that my dietary change has given me the drive to do things like clean (and enjoy it) again. These past few months, it's just felt like such a nasty drag. I felt gross, and looked gross, so why bother making the house look nice? :/

I also think that intermittent fasting has helped me be more productive. Eating once a day leaves me more time to do other things and not have to worry about slapping lunch together. Plus, I get to eat a giant load of calories all at once. YAAAAAAY.

So it was a good, good day.

Husband and I broke out the StepMania dance pads and danced our butts off. Like, seriously. I played song after song until my feet started to hurt and my performance began slipping in the game. I probably danced, hmm..35-40 minutes. IT WAS AWESOME! I'm ridiculously sweaty and I have the windows open in an attempt to cool off. MAN!

I also heated up a giant leftover plate of pulled pork for my meal today and slowly savored every bite. It's not as good reheated, but it's still insanely awesomely mind-blowingly delicious.

Great day.

Born again from the bread crumbs—a life journal, low-carb style
limetwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:19 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Weighed in this morning at 177. UP .2 POUNDS! WHAT DOES IT MEAN!!! WHYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Ok, so I'm just kidding.

I know fluctuations are just a part of it, but I won't lie--it makes me go "HRHGNGHH!!" a little bit because I have such a heavily ingrained black-and-white view of success.

If you couldn't guess, I was always an A/A+ kid in school, and seeing that A- would make me cringe.

Of course I will keep chugging forward and eating and exercising as always. I've been eating clean-clean-clean and playing StepMania every day since, uh, whenever I first mentioned it...Friday or Saturday? My legs hurt. Hah. But dang, I'm getting good. I can play a lot of the hard difficulty songs.

Anyway, my life has been a bit boring so I don't have a lot to report on. This is just my accountability to me, if that makes sense.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
I feel you on the grades...and watching the stinking scale. I had to stop tracking everyday. Doesn't mean I don't still weigh myself EVERY SINGLE TIME I walk by the scale, but I don't track it. So, once a week, when I do, it feels like I have accomplished something
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:13 AM   #35
Z
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Z
Stats: 350/250.0/155
WOE: Permanent Induction
Start Date: September 2012
Nice smoke ring. What kind of smoker are you using?
Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengeeny View Post
I feel you on the grades...and watching the stinking scale. I had to stop tracking everyday. Doesn't mean I don't still weigh myself EVERY SINGLE TIME I walk by the scale, but I don't track it. So, once a week, when I do, it feels like I have accomplished something
I'm doggedly tracking my weight, even with the upward fluctuations. I consider it my self-punishment for my misdeeds earlier this year. YES, CRISTIN. YOU WILL LOOK AT YOUR WEIGHT FLUCTUATING IN A FRUSTRATING MANNER! I know it will go down eventually, as I'm restricting calories and carbohydrates, (I'm also on my period) but DANG it sucks to see. I like your method, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z View Post
Nice smoke ring. What kind of smoker are you using?
HAH! Thank you! I was pretty proud of that smoke ring.

Weber Smokey Mountain. Uhh, the smaller one. I think it's 18.5? I use Kingsford briquettes (not the match light kind) with some apple wood. Thinking we're going to try peach wood this weekend.

--

Woke up again today .2 lbs heavier…again! Arrrrrrgh! I know it's just stupid piddly chump change, and doesn't reflect my efforts whatsoever, but it's seriously bumming me out. Especially when I'm restricting calories. :/ I think it's period bloat, I dunno. Hoping for a nudge tomorrow.

I just felt super anxious earlier and just really jittery. Nut sure if I'm still kicking into ketosis? It hasn't been 2 weeks yet, so I have no idea. The anxiety was crazy though. I felt like I needed to go run a mile or something. Maaaaaaaaan. It's all good now. All I know is I'm sticking to this for the rest of my natural life. Low carb forever. I haven't been the most eloquent person lately (nor has much excitement occurred!) so I'm afraid I won't be too entertaining. I'm all sad and mopey because I'm gaining! This will pass. All will pass.

My birthday is this weekend and I have a big prime rib roast to look forward to. Completely low carb birthday with Caesar salad, brussels sprouts, and a big junk of Costco beef. <3

And I'm going to cook it all! I wouldn't have it any other way on my birthday! It's such a joy to cook, especially huge expensive chunks of beef in my parent's fancy kitchen.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:03 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Cristin, please relax in regards to the scale. A .2 tiny gain is nothing and is likely just water. You are doing so great and I hate to see you beat yourself up over this stupidness. It is not reflective of your great progress on your well executed plan.

Your birthday meal sounds fabulous and I love that you are a Scorpio! Many of my favorite people are Scorpios as those born under that sign are super smart, intense, passionate, loyal, all-or-nothing folks who live life with gusto. Happy Birthday to the Divine Miss Lime!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:21 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Happy Birthday!
Portia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Birthday to you

Last edited by greengeeny; 11-07-2013 at 09:12 AM..
Old 11-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Cristin, please relax in regards to the scale. A .2 tiny gain is nothing and is likely just water. You are doing so great and I hate to see you beat yourself up over this stupidness. It is not reflective of your great progress on your well executed plan.

Your birthday meal sounds fabulous and I love that you are a Scorpio! Many of my favorite people are Scorpios as those born under that sign are super smart, intense, passionate, loyal, all-or-nothing folks who live life with gusto. Happy Birthday to the Divine Miss Lime!

I knooow, I knooooow. >_< It's so easy to fixate on. I've been down this road so, so many times, but I've always been very motivated by numbers and grades. I loved tests as a kid. I always did well, and I'd be devastated the few times I didn't get a 94+ on tests. THE DREADED A MINUS!

I appreciate the encouragement, truly.

I am definitely no stranger to seeing those words describing the Scorpio. I seem to recall hot-headed being thrown in there too heheh. I'm all-or-nothing, that's for sure. I have gusto, too! …well, sometimes.

--

And thank you all for the birthday wishes! I'll be 25 on Sunday. Halfway between 20 and 30…whoa.

--

I have just felt AWFUL these past few days. Incredibly anxious, jittery…just weird. Off. I think I'm being hit with a combination of altered/elevated hormones (period) and the withdrawal symptoms from switching my diet. I've felt sad and anxious and inappropriately bummed out by the fact that my weight isn't going down. I've had trouble concentrating at my job and have just felt overall crappy with the work I've been putting out. It all seems to be an immense, insurmountable struggle for me.

All of this, of course, is compounded by the burden of the extra weight I've gained. And my ring has been still irritating my finger. I got my wedding ring off the other day (with much pain and freaking out!) and had to give my finger a few days' recovery before I tried the wedding band. I managed to get it off today at lunch. Whew. My finger looks gnarly, so I put a bandage on it so no one at work will have to see. Talk about embarrassing. Thankfully it's not infected or anything. It just dug into my skin a lot. :/ I'm going to take the bandage off when I get home and rub some coconut oil or cocoa butter to let it start the healing process. I'm just grateful I didn't have to go get it cut off somewhere, sheesh!

I've always carried on my shoulders a sunny disposition, so this is just a phase. It's a hole I've put myself into, and I will dig myself out, fighting tooth and nail. I will do this. I will succeed!

Still eating cleanly, 100%.

I can do this.

I'm not seeking comfort, but I did feel it important to type out my thoughts, and allow others some insight into the mind of a struggling girl trying to get back to where she was.

I will do this.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: moonmirror
Stats: 199.4/184.8/140
Start Date: 5/21/14
Loving this thread. Its real, honest, inspiring and delicious all at once!

I have had the same anxiety you speak of. I just got back on the lowcarb/no alcohol wagon a week ago, and I haven't been as strict as you (I've allowed some fruit and peanut butter here and there) I think because I fear the anxiety. Unfortunately, I don't lose fast/effectively without ketosis, but I don't get ketosis without anxiety.

Sigh. I'm preparing myself to lower carbs further, maybe next week. Maybe I'll buy some benedryl for nighttime?

Anyway: thanks for your journal!
moonmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:34 AM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/190.8/160
WOE: Keto
Cristin, thank you for sharing your thoughts! I keep popping back in your journal to see what you have written. I find you write very well and your daily journalling is honest and inspiring.

I know what you must have felt when the ring wouldn't come off. I had a little 'situation' like that recently.... I'm hoping the coconut oil will soothe your finger and that you can slip that ring back on very soon!

xx Mims
Mimosa23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonmirror View Post
Loving this thread. Its real, honest, inspiring and delicious all at once!

I have had the same anxiety you speak of. I just got back on the lowcarb/no alcohol wagon a week ago, and I haven't been as strict as you (I've allowed some fruit and peanut butter here and there) I think because I fear the anxiety. Unfortunately, I don't lose fast/effectively without ketosis, but I don't get ketosis without anxiety.

Sigh. I'm preparing myself to lower carbs further, maybe next week. Maybe I'll buy some benedryl for nighttime?

Anyway: thanks for your journal!
Thank you. I'm trying to keep it honest. It's had a bit of a negative spin, but I think that feeling low is just part of being human. Especially when you fail! I will be on the up-and-up by the end of the month, I think.

Man, I'm glad I'm not alone. I have just been feeling wicked anxious. Today, not so much. Still been feeling a little mopey and weird, but the crippling, "Holy CRAP I feel like I need to go outside and run 3 miles!" uncomfortable energy is not there today. An improvement, I suppose!

I wonder if you slowly ease the carbs down, would that help? I've never felt this anxiety on low-carb before, so I am suspecting it is a combination of several elements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimosa23 View Post
Cristin, thank you for sharing your thoughts! I keep popping back in your journal to see what you have written. I find you write very well and your daily journalling is honest and inspiring.

I know what you must have felt when the ring wouldn't come off. I had a little 'situation' like that recently.... I'm hoping the coconut oil will soothe your finger and that you can slip that ring back on very soon!

xx Mims
You are welcome. It's gratifying to share them, as I definitely want to demonstrate that life isn't always successes.

Honesty is what I strive for.

Ugh, the ring thing! My heart was pounding as I was slowly inching it over my knuckle yesterday. My hands were trembling by the time I was done! I could have sworn I was slicing myself to the bone, jeez. It's okay, though. Just a little ugly, haha. The oil is helping! I did coconut oil and then cocoa butter before bed, and cocoa butter again this morning. Slapped a bandage on it at work so no one has to see my creepyfinger.

FEAR THE CREEPYFINGER!

--

Woke up STILL at 177.2. Ugh, just frustrating to gain and then stall out. I'm sure it's just…sigh, I dunno. Time-of-month, lack of bathroom time (hahaha!), stress, other factors.

I am sticking with this. I know for a fact I will not stray even if I do stall. I have no desire to go out and be like 'WELL I FAILED--PIZZA TIME!" I will stick with this. I CAN DO THIS!

Mantras, mantras everywhere!

I've been dancing up a storm with StepMania, playing at least 30 minutes every night (save for Wednesday, to have a rest day and give my legs a break). I've been seriously breaking a sweat. It's good! I can feel my leg muscles responding nicely, but dang, I sure would love to see that number go back down.

Fingers crossed, ladies and gentlemen. I am just in a little dark spot.

Still eating as clean as a whistle. As clean as freshly-washed, bleached sheets! Cleaner than Mr. Clean!

Until next time…I am The Little Cristin That Could.

And will.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cherrytt_too
Stats: 299.5/258/175
Start Date: January 2, 2006
I drink a big nasty glass of water with a tablespoon of konsyl every morning whether I want to or not, just to make sure I get some potty time in every day. It really does help.

My state of mind has been all over the boards the past few weeks too, so I feel you. losing weight shouldn't be so EMOTIONAL.

Good luck and keep fighting the good fight.
cherrytt_too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Cristin, have patience and faith -- you already ARE losing this weight and making it happen. Try to be a bit more Zen about it -- you KNOW you can do this so just take a nice deep breath. And, please for the love of God, enjoy your birthday this weekend and don't stress over an arbitrary number on the scale. You have reason to celebrate -- you've had a great year (happy marriage to a wonderful man, continued career success, taking charge of your health back on how carb). Happy Birthday!
Old 11-10-2013, 04:04 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrytt_too View Post
I drink a big nasty glass of water with a tablespoon of konsyl every morning whether I want to or not, just to make sure I get some potty time in every day. It really does help.

My state of mind has been all over the boards the past few weeks too, so I feel you. losing weight shouldn't be so EMOTIONAL.

Good luck and keep fighting the good fight.
I have never heard of Konsyl! Let's see...oh, it's Psyllium. I have some of the Trader Joe's brand! I do think it is a bathroom thing, hah. It's weird, because when I was eating so badly, I was seriously going probably once a day. Now? Not so much.

ISN'T it emotional, though? Jeeeez...

Quote:
Cristin, have patience and faith -- you already ARE losing this weight and making it happen. Try to be a bit more Zen about it -- you KNOW you can do this so just take a nice deep breath. And, please for the love of God, enjoy your birthday this weekend and don't stress over an arbitrary number on the scale. You have reason to celebrate -- you've had a great year (happy marriage to a wonderful man, continued career success, taking charge of your health back on how carb). Happy Birthday!

Thank you for always being that ray of sunshine in my pouty rain cloud! I do need to take the zen approach. A lot of my sadness stems from the weight gain, yes, but I do believe it goes deeper than that. A sense of failing one's self, the fear of facing those you have been so successful in front of...that sort of thing.

I appreciate the birthday wishes.

--

I was up at 4 AM this morning, smelling like an ash tray.

Rough night.

NAH JUST KIDDIN'

I'm just smoking pork butts again. Birthday butts. It's a shame I have no candles because these bad boys are totally my cakes. Well, technically, they're our food for 4-5 days. ...but you get the picture. It was a beautiful clear night. I wandered out onto the porch in my pajamas, hoodie, scarf, and hat (mid thirties at this time of night in TN right now) and was immediately greeted with the sound of critters scurrying off into the woods behind our house. I caught sight of a rabbit. Not sure what the other thing was. Maybe another rabbit friend! Regardless, we have the best critter yard ever. Sometimes, if it's really quiet, you can hear chickens clucking and a rooster crowing from a farm nearby. There's something magical about lighting the chimney starter full of charcoal in the dead of night. Very comforting.

So there's that!

First off, I owe a weekly weigh-in for Saturday. Finally got over that hump.

--

SATURDAY WEEKLY WEIGH-IN RESULTS:

11/02/2013
178.4 pounds (-6.2 pounds)

11/09/2013
176.6 pounds (-1.8 pounds)

TOTAL LOSS SO FAR: 8 pounds/4.3% original body mass of 184.8 pounds

--

I woke up even LIGHTER this morning at 175.4 YAYYYYY!!! But that doesn't get marked down on my weigh-in since I'm just reporting once a week. But I will change my stats on here because wooohoooo!
Old 11-10-2013, 05:09 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Happy, happy birthday, Cristin. May your birthday, and all your days, be filled with joy, laughter and love.

Last edited by LolaGetz; 11-10-2013 at 05:10 AM..
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:19 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 205/185/140
WOE: LC/Experimenting w/ NK
Start Date: Jan 2012

That's it - now EVERYONE is getting "pork cakes" for their birthday! Mine isn't till August - but my little man turns 3 in March - I can just see him blowing out the candles and smashing pork butt by the fistfuls into his wee mouth He even loves, as he calls them, "poke rinds".
But heck, who are we kidding? I'm not waiting till March for pork cake! It'll be an UNbirthday pork cake soon, then
alex_in_wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:36 AM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/190.8/160
WOE: Keto
Belated happy birthday to you, Cristin!

Hope you had a fabulous day!!!!!!!
Mimosa23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:26 AM   #50
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgeball
Happy birthday!
dodgeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JCarder77
Stats: 210/106/125 RESTART 4/15/14*144/139/125**
Start Date: Jan 2002/Restart 4/15/14
I love reading your posts. I have to tell you that I made my first Pork Butt because of you. This was before your absence, and I have had to search thru your diary to find the baking instructions over and over. (Think I would just print that out or write it down):/

Thanks for the all of your inspiration. I am back on again after a gain too and its nice to see I'm not alone!!!!
JCarder77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Right this minute, I have a chicken breast in the pan sauteeing up...and a jar of that amazing pesto, and some mozzarella. I am making your pork chop idea with chicken instead. Just got home from work, and dying to try it!!!!
Old 11-12-2013, 11:10 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_in_wonderland View Post

That's it - now EVERYONE is getting "pork cakes" for their birthday! Mine isn't till August - but my little man turns 3 in March - I can just see him blowing out the candles and smashing pork butt by the fistfuls into his wee mouth He even loves, as he calls them, "poke rinds".
But heck, who are we kidding? I'm not waiting till March for pork cake! It'll be an UNbirthday pork cake soon, then
I have to say: smashing pork butt with your fingers is like, THE BEST FEELING EVER. There is nothing more satisfying than feeling what was once a giant, tough hunk of meat turn to butter before your eyes (well, after 12 hours).

Coolest Kid Ever Award. I actually call them "poke rinds" at the ripe old age of 25. "Poke butt," too. That one is funnier but then again, I'm painfully immature.

Pork cake for all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarder77 View Post
I love reading your posts. I have to tell you that I made my first Pork Butt because of you. This was before your absence, and I have had to search thru your diary to find the baking instructions over and over. (Think I would just print that out or write it down):/

Thanks for the all of your inspiration. I am back on again after a gain too and its nice to see I'm not alone!!!!
Hah. <3 That's amazing! Thank you so, so much! I am happy to share the love of the pork butt. I had actually never eaten pork shoulder in my youth aside from the occasional holiday BBQ we'd get from a local joint. The pork that I make outdoes that BBQ joint 100 times over, I swear to you.

You are CERTAINLY not alone. I came, I gained, I conquered (lots of sweets and pizza). And now I'm here to conquer the tub and get back to where I was—for good this time.

It took me a few times to learn how to handle a big intimidating cut like pork shoulder. You will learn in time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengeeny View Post
Right this minute, I have a chicken breast in the pan sauteeing up...and a jar of that amazing pesto, and some mozzarella. I am making your pork chop idea with chicken instead. Just got home from work, and dying to try it!!!!
That will be AMAZING. I have a bunch of chicken breasts that I bought on sale at the ole' local Sam's Club (1.69/lb which is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP for boneless skinless chicken breasts) so that would be a great way to treat such a lean cut when I thaw them. I hope it went well!

--

Another day, another step closer. Woke up at 175 lbs this morning, so that's good news! On that steady downward slope. Think my body is still adjusting; my menstrual cycle lasted probably 10 days. :/ I don't blame it, really. Every time I have switched over to eating this way, my hormones seem to get a little whacked out.

Seems like I'm finally done!

It seems that I've shaken off the past few months' depression that's been hovering over me like a big angry cloud. YAY! I think the big one that hit me last week was just a combination of a lot of factors. I feel it's safe to say that I'm adjusted back to fat-burning now. My mouth has been crazy dry the past few days, and I've got the familiar taste of ketosis in my mouth. It seems like it took a while for my body to switch over this time. I'm not quite sure. I never tested for ketosis when I tried those strips, so I'm not sure if my body handles things differently, or what. Regardless, I'm not quite interested in the science of it all. I want the experience !

Feeling lighter on my feet, my mood is elevated, and just feeling overall a million billion times better.

I tentatively started lifting weights again last night; I just did some squats and bench presses with the empty bar. My legs hurt…aaarghh!

I'm over the self-loathing part of this, and really getting back into the dedicated, wants-to-see-results-and-get-healthy-again portion.

Going to be eating smoked pork and veggies ALLLLL this week as my husband and I struggle valiantly to conquer the remainder of the pulled pork. Oh, what a sad life to lead…

Been active every day, too. I walked 6+ miles this weekend, so I can't complain!

Gosh, I feel like I've been BORING AS HECK since I got back. Sorry, dudes. It just helps to write, even if it's not the most interesting thing in the world.

--

Thank you again for all of the birthday wishes. <3
Old 11-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

I, for one, am finding your every post fascinating.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:53 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Lola.

SOBBBBBBB I woke up today at 176.8.

SATURDAY WEEKLY WEIGH-IN RESULTS:

11/02/2013
178.4 pounds (-6.2 pounds)

11/09/2013
176.6 pounds (-1.8 pounds)

11/16/2013
176.8 pounds (+.2 pounds)

--

I've been at 175 allll week and this morning I wake up a pound and a half heavier. Feels bad man. I know it's just mental and probably from the crazy salty kimchi and italian sausage I had last night but uhsaifaf.

Ugh.

I think I'm going to switch back to eating two meals a day. It's what I lost on before.

I don't even feel like over-analyzing it. I'm just bummed. Going to play some video games and smoke turkey and Italian sausage today. =<
Old 11-16-2013, 06:25 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Honey, please don't be bummed out. That tiny gain is just water from the salty foods you ate. It will be gone by tonight. You are letting the scale dictate your moods and how you feel about your progress -- don't let that stupid scale ruin your vibe. Lets take a look at all the positive things that are happening with you right now:

#1. You are losing weight. Weight loss is not this simple linear journey -- there are peaks and valleys on the way to goal. You know this.
#2. You are eating MUCH better, higher quality foods and your body is much healthier as a result, regardless of the weight loss.
#3. You are exercising great creativity and talent coming up with wonderfully flavorful low carb recipes and dishes. That is good for your brain and your soul.

Step away from the scale for a while. Go have fun playing video games with your wonderful husband and create some dazzling smoked meats and mouth watering low carb dishes. Have faith, give it time and know that the low carb whoosh fairy is on her way to Nashville with a magic wand in hand and her next stop is you.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:32 AM   #57
Z
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Z
Stats: 350/250.0/155
WOE: Permanent Induction
Start Date: September 2012
I find that the unexplained upspikes are often followed by dips of similar magnitude. I figure... The body needs to retain an adequate amount of solvent (water) in order to provide a vehicle for the elimination of unwanted excess ketone bodies. Maybe not - it's not a hypothesis I've tested.

It took me a solid month of absolute dietary compliance when I started back in September after my summer long backslide before I started really losing weight again. Even at that, I think it has been my 1 weekly 'down day' that's been keeping the needle moving. Not that you need any advice - you were successful before, and I have no doubt that you will do even better this time.
8/22/2014: 270.6 - time to recover lost ground

Shark Sandwich: One man's epic journey from fat to slightly less fat.

Last edited by Z; 11-16-2013 at 06:33 AM..
Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:01 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Quote:
Honey, please don't be bummed out. That tiny gain is just water from the salty foods you ate. It will be gone by tonight. You are letting the scale dictate your moods and how you feel about your progress -- don't let that stupid scale ruin your vibe. Lets take a look at all the positive things that are happening with you right now:

#1. You are losing weight. Weight loss is not this simple linear journey -- there are peaks and valleys on the way to goal. You know this.
#2. You are eating MUCH better, higher quality foods and your body is much healthier as a result, regardless of the weight loss.
#3. You are exercising great creativity and talent coming up with wonderfully flavorful low carb recipes and dishes. That is good for your brain and your soul.

Step away from the scale for a while. Go have fun playing video games with your wonderful husband and create some dazzling smoked meats and mouth watering low carb dishes. Have faith, give it time and know that the low carb whoosh fairy is on her way to Nashville with a magic wand in hand and her next stop is you.
This is good advice. You're going to drive yourself nuts.
Portia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:29 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portia View Post
This is good advice. You're going to drive yourself nuts.
I completely agree.

The following quote quite accurately describes me, however:
"She generally gave herself very good advice (though she very seldom followed it)." ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

LOL...hope you are better in the advice department than I am!
Old 11-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, everyone. Haha, the sad thing is that I know what all y'all are saying is true.

I ate like doodoo this weekend though. Well, mostly yesterday. It was all low-carb, but high calorie. At least yesterday. I ate so much salty salty crap yesterday. I'm poofed up to 180 this morning. IT'S MY FAULT! But it was kinda refreshing too to eat without worrying about calories. Puts me at risk to overeating heavily, though. But you can't restrict yourself too much or you go nuts. Blahhhhh I can do thisssss.

I'm grateful it wasn't cookies or cupcakes or anything.

CARRYING ON!

I'm not even hungry for lunch today. I'm going to have some smoked turkey soup for dinner and go from there. =/

THANKS AGAIN GUYS REARWGGGHH.

Last edited by limetwist; 11-18-2013 at 11:14 AM..