Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: trishthedish
Stats: 26/20-22/12
WOE: LC
Start Date: One day at a time
Been there. Done that. You are in good company.

Glad to see you found your way back.
trishthedish is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2013, 06:51 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
We missed you!! I'm so glad you are back! Don't leave us again.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:43 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
Quote:
Originally Posted by limetwist View Post

Part of me was afraid I would be looked down upon for stumbling on my path but I'm thrilled to see nothing but support. Thank you to everyone.

Oh my goodness, no way! You're human and we're definitely not perfect.

Welcome back, missed your posts!
watcher513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:00 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriWants2Lose
Stats: 228.6/192/155
Start Date: October 12, 2012
I think we've all been there. Good job getting back on track. You did it before, so I know you can do it again. This actually really inspired me. I still have a lot to lose and hubby and I have been stalled for months and months because we've allowed carbs to creep in here and there, especially when eating out. We just need to reinduct.
LoriWants2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:26 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
welcome back. sounds like you are gearing to go full speed into your journey. congrats on your re-birth into LC
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:34 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KCSoccer
Stats: maintenance
Start Date: August 2010
Limetwist, I have truly missed your posts. Welcome back. And congrats on your marriage!

Thank you for sharing your story.

In the words of TobyMac:

"We lose our way,
We get back up again
It's never too late to get back up again,
One day you will shine again,
You may be knocked down,
But not out forever."
KCSoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:50 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Emily-D
Stats: obese/healthy weight
WOE: 1992 Atkins (no grains, no soy)
Start Date: 3/1/04, Restart 4/22/10
"Part of me was afraid I would be looked down upon for stumbling on my path but I'm thrilled to see nothing but support."

So many of us have regained for one reason or another. We're not here to judge, just to support and help. Welcome back! I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts.
Emily-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:01 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/190/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
I think so so SO many have been where you are. Most just don't have the, um "stones" to come back. Or even recognize what they are doing. Really happy you did. Your blog was an inspirational one to follow, and I look forward to you next part of the journey.
JMacB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:03 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nolcjunk
Stats: Whole foods lc, 110, 5'6
WOE: Atkins - it's a diet
Good luck with your second attempt. Sounds like you're off to a great start.

I'm glad you shared your story - I think both losses and regains need to be talked about because losing the weight and getting to goal is only half of the story.

I'm in maintenance and I never take it granted, partly because I have read so many stories here of people regaining after being successful for a while.

I weigh myself every single morning and make sure I am at my goal weight. If I notice a small gain (a real gain that lasts for a couple of days, not a normal fluctuation or a gain from eating way too much salty food) then I immediately take steps to lose it again. I also still journal my food daily in a notebook. And, I haven't strayed too far from the foods/amounts I ate during weight loss.

If you do go back to birth control - how about taking the pills daily at 8pm.

Last edited by nolcjunk; 10-31-2013 at 06:06 AM..
nolcjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:52 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: poe2you
I love how you write.. too funny.. i too am back up with my weight.. and a sufferer of tonsil stones..i hope low carb will help with many of my woes...

please keep posting..and i'll keep reading.. thanks, sharon.
poe2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:07 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: limetwist
Stats: [5'8"] 230/IT IS A MYSTERY/135ish
WOE: Low carb - Intermittent fasting
Start Date: 01/2011, got lazy/married, rebooting FOR REAL 2014
There are so many posts that it would take up a novel to reply to them all. Let me just say THANK YOU AGAIN. Oh, and for those congrats on the marriage, too! 3 months tomorrow. We were pretty much married in every way aside from the paperwork, and I guess I have a different name now... We acutally might be even more gross around each other now. Other than that, nothing has changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolcjunk View Post
Good luck with your second attempt. Sounds like you're off to a great start.

I'm glad you shared your story - I think both losses and regains need to be talked about because losing the weight and getting to goal is only half of the story.

I'm in maintenance and I never take it granted, partly because I have read so many stories here of people regaining after being successful for a while.

I weigh myself every single morning and make sure I am at my goal weight. If I notice a small gain (a real gain that lasts for a couple of days, not a normal fluctuation or a gain from eating way too much salty food) then I immediately take steps to lose it again. I also still journal my food daily in a notebook. And, I haven't strayed too far from the foods/amounts I ate during weight loss.

If you do go back to birth control - how about taking the pills daily at 8pm.
I, too, think it is very important to tell the success stories as well as the failures. I'm proud to come back and say, "Well, crap. You know what—I messed up. But I'm here to fix it."

There are many like me who come to tell their stories of mis-steps. Success stories are marvelous, but to only show the successes of a certain way of life is foolish, and creates false standards. A seemingly unattainable ideal. We don't want that. We want real people, with real bodies, eating real food, and seeing real results.

I switched back to pills and now take them at 9 PM. There's rarely a time I'm too sleepy to make it past 9.

I plan on watching and weighing daily the day I hit maintenance too. You can bet your bottom dollar.

Thank you again, everyone.

Born again from the bread crumbs—a life journal, low-carb style
limetwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:21 AM   #42
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: peanutte
Stats: 188/118
WOE: Atkins maintenance
Start Date: 01/03/09
Lime, is there some reason you need to take your BC pills at night and not in the morning, if it's a problem? I'm not challenging you--I'm curious because I don't take BC pills and don't know anything about taking them at certain times of day.

I agree with you that it's important to hear a wide variety of experiences. It's helpful to see different versions of: this is what I did/am doing, this is the result, this is what I need to change/don't need to change. Thanks for sharing your story and best of luck to you in getting back to your lifestyle.

In general, though, I do think it can be walking a fine line, between success stories being considered unattainably ideal, and relapse stories making it more comfortable for people to give up because they might think "Oh, this happens to everyone so why should I expect to be any different?" I think there are dangers to both the "I have to try to be perfect" feeling and the "everybody fails and so will I" feeling.
peanutte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:13 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poe2you View Post
I love how you write.. too funny.. i too am back up with my weight.. and a sufferer of tonsil stones..i hope low carb will help with many of my woes...

please keep posting..and i'll keep reading.. thanks, sharon.
Thank you so much, dear.

I feel your pain with the tonsil stones. They're harmless, but I can feel them lurking in the back of my throat. They're just disgusting and awful little demons packed neatly in my tonsils. On some mornings I could look in the mirror and see them poking out of my tonsils. UGH. Trust me--Low carb made my tonsil stones disappear COMPLETELY. They only returned once I started eating carb crap again. Do this for your health. Trust me. And I will keep posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutte View Post
Lime, is there some reason you need to take your BC pills at night and not in the morning, if it's a problem? I'm not challenging you--I'm curious because I don't take BC pills and don't know anything about taking them at certain times of day.

I agree with you that it's important to hear a wide variety of experiences. It's helpful to see different versions of: this is what I did/am doing, this is the result, this is what I need to change/don't need to change. Thanks for sharing your story and best of luck to you in getting back to your lifestyle.

In general, though, I do think it can be walking a fine line, between success stories being considered unattainably ideal, and relapse stories making it more comfortable for people to give up because they might think "Oh, this happens to everyone so why should I expect to be any different?" I think there are dangers to both the "I have to try to be perfect" feeling and the "everybody fails and so will I" feeling.
The time of day at which you take them does not matter. What's more important is consistency. Take them at the same time—night or day—to experience maximum effectiveness. I simply chose nighttime because with my job (9-5 M-F) and the weekends (where I will wake up as early as 6:30, or as late as 10), there's no telling if I'm guaranteed to be around at a certain period in the morning. I'm almost always guaranteed to be awake at 9 PM.

Your comments on success and failure are very insightful. It's easy enough to see successful people fail and psych yourself into thinking, "Well, this is just part of it. MIGHT AS WELL EAT THIS TRAY OF MUFFINS!" Hah.

My failure was very easy. An insatiable, hormone-altered appetite-turned-"Ah crap I've already blew it, my loose skin makes my figure terrible anyway" cookie pizza bingefest was what did me in. I am both lucky and unlucky in the fact that I am a strict all-or-nothing person. When I'm on track, I am on track. I track, count, and stick to my plan. When I'm off track, however...? "Well, eating one cookie, might as well eat a dozen."

The all-or-nothing approach is a blessing for weight loss! It's also great for weight gain too. HAH! My impaired sense of moderation has taught me that a life eating baked "bads" is just...not sustainable for me. I can't incorporate them into my daily life "just a little." Nor do I want to, after seeing the intense emotional toll and physical discomfort it has caused me.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:49 AM   #44
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: peanutte
Stats: 188/118
WOE: Atkins maintenance
Start Date: 01/03/09
Thanks for your reply. I take thyroid meds, which are hormones too, and I don't need to take them at the exact same time of day but I do have to follow certain rules.

One good thing is, when you get to maintenance again, you will know to do things differently. I am not saying this in a judgy way--probably the single most common cause of backsliding is getting to goal and allowing indulgences to creep up, little by little, until the permitted cheats are becoming bigger, more frequent, more high-carb, harder to resist, more easily justified, etc. But now you are more aware of some of your most vulnerable tendencies, so you can work on that all-or-nothing mentality.
peanutte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:17 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/177/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Welcome back!

I know the feeling of letting all that hard work go. Lost 50 pounds 3 or so years ago, and then fell off the wagon and gained it all back and a bit more. And I lived w/it a lot longer than you're allowing yourself to, so good for you. And you know how to do this, so your learning curve won't be as high. And you know, when I started last February on LC, I thought it would take forever, slower loser here. But blink, and it's 8 months later and I'm 34 pounds down, and a couple of sizes, and very happy on this woe.

Didn't get to know you before, but looking forward to getting to know you now, and to more of your posts.
Blue Skies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
Start Date: 12/1/2010
Welcome back, I have missed your humor...get to goal and fill us with great posts on how to maintain...it's the hardest part of this life long journey.
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GingerAnn
You are a great writer, and I enjoyed reading your story. I'm sure you and hubby will have plenty of fun bonding over making delicious low carb recipes!
GingerAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
Glad to see you back! And for what it's with, I was thinking about giving up LC today. I appreciate the reminder of why it is worth it.
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #49
Z
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Z
Stats: 350/250.0/155
WOE: Permanent Induction
Start Date: September 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by limetwist View Post
I hope you like reading, because this is a long one. Trust me, it's worth it. Settle down, kiddos.

I was once a devoted member of the low-carb persuasion, having whittled myself down from a portly 230 pounds to a svelte 135. I was engaged, to be married at an indeterminate time in Summer 2013. Everything was goin' quite swell. I was cooking every gosh-darned meal, and eating like a low-carb king.

Wait for it...

I was still having some issues with my hormonal birth control (lack of drive, mostly) and switched over to a new brand, the Nuvaring. Sure, its convenience was arguably, well, convenient—never having to deal with munching down pills at 10 PM despite my desire to crash at 8. However, with this newfound freedom came a loss of control. I was suddenly incredibly ravenous and found myself craving all sorts of nasties and overeating at any given opportunity. I was getting married in 3, 2, 1 month—ohmygosh—and yet I couldn't find the wherewithal to keep myself from polishing off half of the peanut butter jar in a single weekend, on top of that block of cheese, and the pork rinds, and the...oh, so you get it. I was upset with myself. I cried a few times, realizing I was letting myself slip, but I just couldn't manage to find a way out of my hole. The medication (despite following my doctor's advice to give it a 3-month adjustment window) was making me ravenous. It was a slow and twisted journey but I started to slowly incorporate more and more nasties into my diet.

And you know what?

It felt good.

GREAT, even.

My fiancé and I totally took the opportunity, with both of us feeling lazy, to start a life of carb crime.

Now, I mention the birth control switch as sort of my catalyst, but I take full responsibility for my actions. I mean, c'mon—I was fat in the first place. I obviously loved the stuff that got me there. Despite having lost all of that weight, I was a fat girl at heart. I can out-eat almost anyone I know.

I won't go into a ton of horrible detail, but I'll let you know that at least, for the most part, I made all of my carbycrap.

I must say...I learned how to make incredible homemade pizza, cookies, cinnamon rolls, and brownies.

My problem is that I have no moderation, though. I'll eat an entire tray of cookies myself.

I half-heartedly tried to low-carb during the week, while going nuts on the weekend. Eh...nice try, girl. But you know that ain't cuttin' it. I just pretty much ate whatever most of the time. I didn't cook as much.

Got married, had a lovely carbtastic honeymoon with booze and pizza and candy for breakfast—so much that my teeth hurt when I got back home to Tennessee.

I knew I was a lost cause, but I didn't want to face it. The scale hadn't gotten any love for months. My clothes were seemingly shrinking. My self-esteem was mostly destroyed, and for this I still kept ignoring it. I was sad, but not sad enough to quit making pizza and brownies every weekend, I guess.

Everyone has their wake-up call, though. Mine was last weekend actually. Friday the 25th, I was at a lock-in at a gaming center with some friends. I wanted to do this bungee-trampoline game, but I did not realize that I would have to be ...gasp...WEIGHED to participate! I stepped on the scale, determined to keep my eyes closed and my mind ignorant, but to my horror, they wrote my weight on my wristband (in the event that I wanted to do it again).

"You're about 170," the attendant said.

My god. Really? Is that what I've become...?

So I let him strap me into the bungee harness, and I felt much like a roast tied up with butcher's twine, bulging in all sorts of random places, my friends watching my every move (unbeknownst to my inner turmoil the past few months). I could barely make it through the ~3 minutes of jumping, I was so exhausted!

I had also noticed that night, my ring and wedding band had been irritating my hand. They had gotten tighter with my weight gain, of course. I already have huge knuckles, so getting them off was even difficult at my lower weight. I left them on, and the skin underneath my finger had become inflamed and irritated, presumably from water trapped under the band.

The next morning after our lock-in, my finger was still red, angry, and swollen. I walked into the kitchen, attempting to remove it with the aid of Dawn, and to my horror, the skin underneath was tearing. It was at that moment, combined with the painful truth of hearing my weight the previous night, that I started to cry.

How could I let myself get to this point? After all of my hard work, I threw it all away. My husband has slipped too. We both acknowledge our fault, and our part in encouraging each other to be bad. We both knew we felt happier eating the way we did before, despite the initial rush of pleasure and bliss from that piping-hot pizza out of the oven.

But, I asked myself: is it really worth it?

To be crying alone, standing at the sink with my finger swollen and achy, panicked that I'd be trapped in this body forever after undoing so much of my hard work? Would I have to go to the emergency room to get my wedding ring clipped off?

My husband was sleeping in our room and I woke up him, crying...not my proudest moment. He was so comforting and let me know that no matter what, I'm always beautiful to him. Words of consolation, but I still knew the truth of the harm and lack of respect I had for my body. In such a small time frame...I had undone a huge chunk of work.

This was it. My time of change. My slap in the face. My saving grace moment.

I was going to brave my bathroom scale and start over. I mean, he said "about 170", so it can't be that bad, now can it?

Hopped on my scale.

The number stared up at me. My heart sank.

Had he been lying to spare my feelings...?

I had a good cry (round two) for a while to come to terms with the fact that I had gained 50 lbs in under a year, but really...it makes sense. I ate, and ate, and ate...all crap.

Sure, it was fun, but it wasn't worth this.

Saturday, October 26th—I was reborn. RE-CARBORN!

I have been sick twice in the past two months. My tonsil stones have come back with a vengeance. I'm tired all of the time. My clothes don't fit. I actually went out and bought a few new clothes, scrambling to find anything sized Medium that would fit me still, to at least preserve my ego. I thankfully spent maybe 100 dollars max on new clothing, and most of it will hopefully wear just as well when I drop the weight.

Oh, and I became a huge fan of skirts, oddly enough. No pun intended...

I could write so much more, but I don't want to bore anyone here to death.

Consider this my carb confessional. I was a very active member in these forums, and now that I've started to cautiously read again, I felt it appropriate to be accountable for my actions.

Don't get me wrong. I truly did enjoy all of the naughty cooking that I did. It was a great bonding time for my husband and me! I learned a lot, and it was fun, but ultimately I need to do what is best for my health and mental well-being. Low-carb is it.

I started at 184.8 on Saturday, October 26. This morning, I woke up at 179 even. That's 5.8 lbs in 96 hours. This is obviously water weight, but it just feels damn good to finally have control of my life again and to be able to face the scale. Not to mention seeing it plummet like that.

I have a plan to get back where I was, and to STAY there. I'm a person who learns from her mistakes, and trust me...I'm not letting this happen again.

Take it from me, a very successful low-carber who fell from grace—this is the life I was born to live.

And now I'm reborn to live it.
Welcome back! Good to see you around. You've done this before, and I'm sure you'll be even more successful this time around.
Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutte View Post
Thanks for your reply. I take thyroid meds, which are hormones too, and I don't need to take them at the exact same time of day but I do have to follow certain rules.

One good thing is, when you get to maintenance again, you will know to do things differently. I am not saying this in a judgy way--probably the single most common cause of backsliding is getting to goal and allowing indulgences to creep up, little by little, until the permitted cheats are becoming bigger, more frequent, more high-carb, harder to resist, more easily justified, etc. But now you are more aware of some of your most vulnerable tendencies, so you can work on that all-or-nothing mentality.
Not judgy at all. I totally allowed indulgences to creep in with the mental promise that I'd be "on track" during the week days. Lots of justification too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Welcome back!

I know the feeling of letting all that hard work go. Lost 50 pounds 3 or so years ago, and then fell off the wagon and gained it all back and a bit more. And I lived w/it a lot longer than you're allowing yourself to, so good for you. And you know how to do this, so your learning curve won't be as high. And you know, when I started last February on LC, I thought it would take forever, slower loser here. But blink, and it's 8 months later and I'm 34 pounds down, and a couple of sizes, and very happy on this woe.

Didn't get to know you before, but looking forward to getting to know you now, and to more of your posts.
I'm just glad to know I am not alone. It's totally easy to get back on track, because I truly understand the nutrition contents of foods, what's good and what's not, and most importantly--how to cook it. Congratulations on your wonderful progress. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lterry913 View Post
Welcome back, I have missed your humor...get to goal and fill us with great posts on how to maintain...it's the hardest part of this life long journey.
I'm so happy to have so many remark on my humor. Thank you! I always thought I might be the forum weirdo.. It truly is hard! But I'm just as hard-headed, and I'm gonna KICK THIS IN THE BUTT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerAnn View Post
You are a great writer, and I enjoyed reading your story. I'm sure you and hubby will have plenty of fun bonding over making delicious low carb recipes!
Thank you thank you! We do have great bonding time when we cook low-carb goodies too.

Just this weekend we smoked pork butts and got up together at 5:30 AM, and got to reap the delicious reward of our hard work together. Good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonnem2000 View Post
Glad to see you back! And for what it's with, I was thinking about giving up LC today. I appreciate the reminder of why it is worth it.
We all need a reminder. I understand that lost feeling. We all get it sometimes. Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z View Post
Welcome back! Good to see you around. You've done this before, and I'm sure you'll be even more successful this time around.
Thank you so much for the welcome! I really am determined to surpass what I did last time. Not necessarily weight, but in overall muscle development, stamina, and health--mental and physical.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
Here is another WELCOME BACK!!! Great post, coming clean is a great way to start your journey again. Get all the dirt out now.....and then it's time to cook up some low carb yummy-ness!! You know what to do, you did it before ;-)
Sicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:57 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: August Moon
WOE: moderate carbs
That was painfully honest and heart wrenching. A good read. I know how it feels too. No one loves committing carb crime & low carb treason more than me. Not gonna lie...I hear ya!

Good luck to all of us!
August Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dejaht
Stats: 97/96/83kg, 5'11.5'', originally 120kg in Aug 2012
Start Date: Restart Nov 2013
Congrats on the restart, at least you didn't regain all of your lost weight before making your way back I remember your posts from when I was actively reading the boards and losing (I don't post much but being here really helps to stay on track). I also fell of the wagon and am just getting back on again, I hope to stick around this time.
dejaht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:19 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: baileygirl3
Stats: 177/135/135
WOE: Low Carb
Welcome back!!! I know that what happened to you can happen to any of us. I feel that I have to be so much more careful now that I am in maintenance. KWIM? I have missed seeing your posts
baileygirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
I'm another one who missed your delightful posts and cooking tales. I wondered what happened. So glad you are OK and back posting again.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Barbie83
Stats: 266/251.6/180
WOE: Low Carb/Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: 2/19/2014
Awesome post!!!!!
Barbie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:31 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Biochic
Stats: 192/138/?? 5'2"
WOE: Atkinesque
Start Date: 12/28/12
First of all
Secondly, welcome to the club. You are not alone. I'm quite sure there are a few of us who have lost and regained. You're she add of the game in that you didn't gain ALL of it back.
Third, YOU are not bad! You made bad choices but that does not make you bad. Those of us who struggle with food are in a really tough spot. Our lives depend on us eating. There can be a fine line there. I consider myself an addict. I must abstain completely from certain foods or I will go off on a bender. I can't have a small piece of birthday cake...that spells disaster for me.
Lastly, YOUR back you caught yourself before you undid everything. This is something to celebrate

So, welcome back to the land of food sanity. BTW- skirts are a great choice

Goals for 2014

Remain food-sane 1 day at a time
Continue with yoga
Biochic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: marieze
Stats: 376/199/180
WOE: My way low carb!
Start Date: July 11th 2003
I've really missed you!

I remember I hunted you down shorty after you left and you had said you'd gone more towards the Paleo thing....I was bummed because I always enjoyed your posts and hearing you describe your juicy pork roasts!

You are the one who taught me how to cut my chicken in half, pound it flat and roast it that way!

Anyway, I'm thrilled you are back, and you're right.....we low carb people are your kinda people.....and you're our kinda people....Welcome Back
marieze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
Hope all is well and you had a lovely thanksgiving, do anything special with the bird?

A friend of mine deep fried his turkey in bacon grease this year and he said it was the best Turkey he has ever had. I'll be looking into that!!!!
Sicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
That's a lot of bacon grease!
synger is offline   Reply With Quote