LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tori_lk
Stats: 177.0/174.8/124 5'4
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: October 23, 2013
Tori's Millionth Try

Might as well call it what it is. I've been here a million times and I keep failing. At least I'm trying to do it right this time. Got my DANDR book out and going to read and read, cover to cover this time....And not count on my memory because I seem to not be able to control anything or remember anything and I just fail as a result. I took some before pics last night. I don't want to post them yet...maybe when I hit a goal of 10 lbs or something...We shall see.
Weighed in this morning at 177.4. Not happy at all about that weight....but oh well...I will get past it.

Anyways...making breakfast right now...Breakfast today will be bacon and eggs...Yes, I know to go easy on the bacon...I have some baby spinach and romaine and some turkey in my fridge...maybe I can make a nice salad for lunch. I love salad...

Anyways...This is me...Day 1. Wish me luck. I will continue to post as I need too.
Tori K.
tori_lk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Pic on Saturday...in all my fattness. : (
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3427.jpg (21.6 KB, 39 views)
Old 10-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

So, had my breakfast....been on the forums all day...Is it me or is it not as active as it once was? Anyhoo...I'm even reading back through some old threads just to get advise or see others stories. I should read a few peoples journals too. I want my journal to be an inspiration...I'm going to do this!!! Ok...just a midmorning rant. Till later...
TK
Old 10-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
You can do this! You are beautiful girl! Don't ever forget that!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you, Zipp!

Well, I'm about to make my lunch now. I've decided that it's going to be a salad....with turkey...
Going to go make it now...Just started drinking my water...but I got this!!

Tori (I really like bumble bees)
Old 10-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Just had an early dinner of a burger and some deviled eggs...I made sf jello for a snack...it will be ready later. Also, drinking my water...I've put down 60 oz so far today. I seriously can't wait for time to pass to see what my results will be. I'm such an impatient person. Sigh....I also have decided that I need to work on my sleeping habits. I am a night owl and an early bird....sigh....

Anyways...I've been on the forums all day long.....Going to go catch up on some Revenge....and Teen Mom 3. Don't laugh....
Tori
Old 10-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Tori, I agree with what Monica said. You can do this. Once you get started and in a groove, it gets easier to stay the course. You are already going in the right direction.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Gail! I am just so excited for the results. I know that it works. I lost 20 lbs in 4 weeks the first time...but I was almost 30 lbs lighter at that time. Staying on the forums have really helped keep me focused. Last time, I would just get on long enough to post an entry in my journal...and didn't read other posts that are helping me.
Tori
Old 10-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Oh and this was almost 11 years ago...My son was just born. I was 160 when I got pregnant...Lost 10 lbs in the first month....then during my whole pregnancy, gained back only the 10 lbs I had lost. My doctor was not happy. I invited him over to eat with me to show him that I was scarfing down the food. When I had my son, I weighed 150 right after giving birth...I was in a size 8. Then I decided that I wasn't thin enough...Did Atkins...got down to 130 where I maintained for like 5 years. Then we moved to Colorado, and out of nowhere, I gained like 35 lbs and then as you can see, just put on some more...and when the weight came out of nowhere...I just gave up on the WOL. So, here I am, about to turn 37 next month...and I really wanna get this show on the road. I'm going for less than 130 this time though...although...I think 124 would be great too. Anyways...there's my short story in a nutshell. lol
Now...little whoosh fairy...would it be to much to ask you to visit me on day 1...even if it's just water weight at first????
Old 10-23-2013, 11:56 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Goodnight...Got a rush of energy and started cleaning. Hmmm...ok, I need sleep.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:15 AM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Don't look back....ONLY look forward. Get to a sensible weight. One that you can LIVE LIFE with! You got this girl!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

okay...weighed in this morning at 176.8. Only .6 of a pound.
Guess the whoosh fairy doesn't like me yet...but she will. Eventually. I'm not giving up and going to try to eat more fat today. Anyways....I'm proud of making it through Day 1. Do you know how hard it is to watch your kids make cookies or to make lasagna and garlic bread for your family and not have any? lol

Anyways...On a non-WOL topic...

I was fired from my job on August 22, 2013. I'm a dental assistant. I had been working for this new dentist for about 3 months...Everything was going fine. We were working fine together. I thought it was the perfect fit...At first. I believe in Jesus, he believes in Jesus...He had Jesus stuff all over his office. Well, then he decided to buy a new house without yet selling his other house first. I started noticing him looking a lot more stressed at work. Then in the last few weeks of the last month, I turned in to his punching bag. He was getting frustrated with patients...For example..There was an 8 year old girl that needed some work done but was afraid of getting a shot and she wouldn't let him give her one. He looked frustrated and got up and walked away. I talked to the girl, comforted her, told her I would be there for her. She asked if I would hold her hand and count outloud for her...I told her of course I would! Then she asked if I would go get the dentist to tell him that she was ready to try again. I go to find him and he is in his office. I'm all smiling and start to tell him what the little girl said...BUT before I could, he starts yelling at me with so much hatred saying, WHAT DO YOU WANT??? WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT???!!! over and over again. I froze from shock and couldn't move. I looked at his face to see if he was joking and he had so much hatred in his face and when the initial shock wore off, I just turned and walked away. My eyes started burning trying to fight back tears...I went to the bathroom, washed my face with cold water and returned to check on the little girl and her mom. He ended up coming back with annoyance in his voice and sounded angry that the girl wouldn't let him give her a shot and the things he said made the mom cry.

SOOOO...I started praying and asked God to show me if this was the place that I was suppose to be at. Things started getting worse. Anyhoo...to get to the point, he pulled me aside right before lunch one day and told me that this wasn't working out and that he didn't want to work with me anymore. Then he proceeded to tell me that if I REALLY wanted to, that he could let me work two days a week...But the tone in which he said it in, made me realize that he didn't want me to and that he would continue treating me like this. I left at lunch and never went back. I did however, call and ask for a letter of termination so that I could at least get my kids on Medicaid until I found another job. He provided it and sent it to me.

Well, then I filed for unemployment....I talked to a rep there and told them everything that happened. Then I get a call back telling me that the Dr. was trying to fight me on this. He told unemployment that I did not possess the skills to do my job and that he told me that this wasn't working out. Then he told them that he offered me to work there 2 days a week and that I left at lunch and never returned and that he never heard from me again.

So, I told unemployment that I went on 4 working interviews for this man and that he hired me based on my skills and that I did have the skills to do this job. I also told him that the Dr. DID hear from me after leaving and even provided a letter for me to get Medicaid for my kids...and that he handwrote it.

Well, guess what??? I WON!!!! THANK YOU, JESUS! It didn't make any sense to unemployment that he told me that it wasn't working out...but then offered me 2 days a week. (Didn't make sense to me either, except that he wanted to get out of paying unemployment). AND it didn't make sense that he claimed to have never heard from me again, but wrote a handwritten note in his handwriting telling me of my termination for Medicaid.

Just thankful that it all worked out and I got what I deserved.

Okay...back to this WOL:
Breakfast: Bacon and eggs
Time to fill up my water bottle!!!

Tori
Old 10-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Oh and I do believe God gave me the answer to my prayers because shortly after, my Father-in-law was diagnosed with lung cancer. It's a kind that cannot be cured. It can go in to remission, but only 10% or even less than that can live up to 5 years after being diagnosed. He just started chemo and that is why we went to Texas. So my husband can be with his father as much as possible. We are going again at Thanksgiving and maybe at Christmas. Even though I lost my job it was a blessing. My husband wouldn't have been able to take this time with his dad if I had to work because my husband won't travel without me. (that's just how he is) So, taking this down time to regather myself and to spend time with family. My in-laws are such wonderful people. I'm so blessed to have them in my life.
Tori
Old 10-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Having mock danish for lunch....yum
Old 10-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Okay...the one thing that I don't miss is how much I have to pee. Sorry for TMI...but seriously....ARGH!

Anyways...doing good today. Feeling good. In a good mood. Completely in love with my husband. He is so good to me. Anyhoo....About 1 hour till I have to go pick up the kids from school.

OH! Let me tell you about my kiddos. I have 1 in College...her name is Daspri and she is 18. I have 1 in High School..her name is Kaila and she is 16. I have 1 in Middle School...her name is Janae and she is 12. I have 1 in Elementary...His name is Eric and he is about to turn 11 in 6 days!!!!

Gosh, that felt like a clown car...they just kept coming and coming. Anyhoo, my oldest is at a 4 year University and lives in the dorms. I miss her so much. At least she is only 1 1/2 hours away...But still, I have only seen her twice since August. Probably won't see her again until Thanksgiving...At which time we will be going to Texas....THAT will be my real test...I can't fail while I am there!!!!

Tori
Old 10-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Tori, Welcome Back! I'm sorry for the stuff you had to go through with work, and I am a total believer that everything happens for a reason... you've found yours---family needs you. Prayers to your DH as he deals with his dad & his illness, that's tough stuff. I lost my dad this past July to cancer so I can relate.
You are doing great so far so let those little losses add up! I speak from experience, I am the queen of the "point-something" loss!
Our kids are somewhat similar in age--I've only got 3 so you've got me beat by 1.. mine are, 21 next month,19, and 17.. crazy time right now, I am so not prepared for the empty nest thing! My oldest one is away at university about 2hrs away too and I miss him terribly! We can commiserate together 19yo is moving out end of this month, so it will just be my 17y/o who is hardly ever home as it is.. crazy how fast it all went!

Cheering you on, you CAN do this!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Isn't it? When they were little, it felt like it would be FOREVER till they weren't driving me insane. LOL Anyways, I'm blessed cause all of my children are sooooo good and have also devoted their lives to Christ. Don't have issues with any of them. As teenagers they have all been good and never fallen into peer pressures....I'm so lucky. Anyways....

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I don't even want to face all of this. I do believe this all happened for a reason. I was meant to NOT work right now...But man, I do miss it...I'm still looking for that perfect place.

Anyways...Thanks sooo much for posting...Getting posts from anybody on here really lifts me up and encourages me. I bought my kids some pumpkin shaped sugar cookies for Halloween and they were eating one after school. They looked SOOOO good...but I withheld and my kids told me that I wasn't missing out on much...They told me that they were prettier than they tasted. So nice of them to make me think I wasn't missing much.

Well, till later tonight!!! Keep on track everyone!!! We can do this!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 03:45 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Ok...so, I've seen on here that a lot of people are AGAINST LC shakes/snacks. WELL...I'm not. Even when I stopped this WOL, I've always had the shakes in my fridge because it's easy to grab and go in the mornings when I was working. And honestly, I had them in the past and they NEVER affected me in a negative way. Anyways....I just had one. Not going to make a habit out of it during induction too much...but I'm calling it my snack for the day. Don't hate. Anyways...weighed myself and I'm happy to report that my weight is already lower than this morning...but I will wait till morning for a FINAL update of tomorrow's weigh in.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

I believe that shakes & bars are a total personal choice. Everyone is different, and I say if they don't do anything to you, then go for it! I eat Quest bars regularly and those don't bother me, as well as make my own protein shakes at home.. I do use Atkins shakes occasionally in a pinch and I've had no negative effects, either. All gotta do what works, end of story, right?

Crossing my fingers for a new low in the morning!
Old 10-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Yep! Period...End of Story. Lol That's what I say anyways. Man, I feel so STRONG today. The many attempts that I've tried to come back...I felt sorry for myself. Seriously. I didn't admit it...but I did. I don't this time. Yay....Ok...going to go make a burger and some deviled eggs for dinner. I'm trying to have my dinner eaten before 7.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Tori, you are doing really well! The weight will come off -- just hang in there and be patient. You sound like such a wonderful mom -- your kids are really lucky to have you. If the Atkins bars and shakes don't stall you, then stick with them. Hey, if you lost 20 pounds in 4-5 weeks like you did earlier, then you already know what works for your body. You have lost weight on Atkins before and you will do it again!

The dentist you work for sounds like a very messed up individual. Obviously his financial problems are causing him to take his anger out on other people. He took out his anger and frustration on you because he could -- he is paying you and figured you would take his crap. I am glad you got out of there -- that was a toxic environment and you deserve much better. When you are ready, you will find a great new position. In the meantime, it is great that you can spend more time at home and be there for your husband and beloved in-laws. Have faith. Everything will work out.

Last edited by GailyGail; 10-24-2013 at 04:59 PM..
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks soooo much, Gail! That means so much. Yeah, I tried to understand the stress he was under, but his behavior towards me was completely unacceptable. God knew what he was doing for me.

And I am trying sooo hard to be patient. I have no doubt the weight will come off....I just can't WAIT for it too...lol haha But I guess I have no other choice. I'm just so excited to get some time under my belt and be like...I've been LCing for like 5 months now and look at my results. I just want to be an inspiration!!! And healthier!
Well, I ended up having to run to the store really fast to get some buffalo sauce that I forgot for the kids dinner. Now my dinner is started late and I will be eating after 7....but oh well. It doesn't really matter too much. I just want to get on somewhat of an eating schedule.

Well...till later guys!!! I'm sure I will be on here just tapping away at the keys cause I just love being on here!

Tori
Old 10-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Day 3

Weighed in today at 176. That's another .8 lbs.

So, I was thinking back to the last time I did this...AND if I remember correctly, it took 1 1/2 weeks before my body was like...Hey, I'm going to start shedding weight like crazy. So, I'm not discouraged at all.
Anyways...on to making breakfast. Yay! For breakfast this morning...bacon and eggs...I think tomorrow, I will change it up...
Tori
Old 10-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Just went to my daughter, Janae's parent/teacher conference...She is doing awesome in all of her classes.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I missed lunch today.
I had to pick my kids up from school and we went shopping for some new winter coats...They really needed them before it gets any colder.

BUT I plan on making up for it because the hubby and I are about to have date night and go to Texas Roadhouse where I plan to get a grilled chicken salad. YUM!!!! YUM!!! YUM!! It's my favorite. Now...the hard part is going to be saying NO to the rolls. I would tell them not to bring them to our table, but DH loves them. But believe me guys...I will not indulge in them. Pinky swear!!

Well, time to go put my face on....I have a date to go on.

Tori
Old 10-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
I'm on my millionth try too Tori Enjoy your date night.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Yay! I succeeded in resisting the rolls at Texas Roadhouse...And my salad was sooooo good!!! Yum...I really think my weight is going to be down tomorrow...Can't explain it...it just feels like it...Probably just water weight...but hey...I'll take it.

To drink, I had an unsweetened ice tea...which is fine for me....I know it says not too...but hey...whatever...I didn't eat the rolls.
Had a great date night. Back at home now. I'm so proud of myself. Can't wait to weigh in tomorrow. And yes, I weigh myself everyday. BUT I am considering Wednesday my weigh-in days. Cause that's the day I started. I will start putting my weekly weigh-ins in my signature line.
Anyways...God BLESS you all! Have a great night!!!

Tori
Old 10-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Day 4

I weighed in at 173!!!! Yeah Buddy!!!
That's 3 lbs lost since yesterday for a total of 4.4 lbs.

I've been kind of busy today. Missed breakfast and just now had a LC shake.
sigh....I need to go make some food.
Love you all!
Tori
Old 10-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Good job on the loss! And WTG on remaining strong while you were out to eat! See how great the scale rewarded you?!

Keep it up, you're doing awesome.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Danielle!!! I got this! Making me a burger and deviled eggs right now...I have some mozzarella cheese that I bought and it's saying 0 carbs....Hmm...Just to be safe, I'm going to count it as one for one slice.
Tori