Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 05:22 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: time2change
Stats: 5'2 172/hoping for 110
WOE: JUDDD ???
Start Date: April 2014
158.8....whopping .4 in 5 days!! I have ate nothing but protein for 4 days and I don't know how to get the scale moving. I am thinking I need to do a fat fast. I think I will try that this weekend. Trying to lose at least twenty by New Years. Ugh! This is the strictest I have ever been. Very frustrating!
time2change is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

DId another day of just protein. Feeling very bloated tonight. I need to go to the bathroom before I get toxic. Maybe it will get the scale moving again. Tomorrow is vlcd 18 for me and that means I should be totally keto adapted. I hope so because my moods are all over the place and i feel woozy. Three weeks to Thanksgiving. Not sure I can going to make my goal weight for that time. Only time will tell.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:43 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

No I am beyond irritated. Back up to 159.2!!!! This is getting ridiculous. Maybe I'm sensitive too eggs because that is 90% of what I'm eating. Today I brought apples. I guess I need to go back to Simeon's and see what happens because the h2.0 plan isn't working for me.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Hey Time! I've been lurking. Sorry, I should have piped in sooner to encourage you, but you've been doing so well, I've just been enjoying your journal.

Hey, Don't get discouraged and overthink what you are doing. It's natural for the body to rebound a few times or to slow losses, especially during P2 HCG. You've released a lot, and I'm so proud of your progress.

It may sound counter intuitive, but EAT YOUR VEGGIES. I say this based on your comments about constipation. I rarely feel constipated on P2, though I have to say I don't have much to move, so I often feel a bit of stress to get that little bit out, but that's not constipation for me. Anyway, meat doesn't have much fiber, and you aren't going to get toxic, but those veggies will help to move things.

I don't know what your veggie list includes, but cabbage would do the trick. It's full of sulfur which is good for you, but it really excites the bacteria in your gut and you might get toots, but it's got a lot of fiber as well, which will bulk you up to pass it through.

Veggies are part of the plan, I know Dawn is not eating any but she just plain doesn't like them, but if you do, then use them. Dr. S chose veggies that are diuretic and so help to flush remove excess water, but that combined with a good water intake is like showering your body, and water is important for fat metabolism. The veggies plus good water will help with losses.

Oh, I see you are doing 2.0. Are you using any MCT oil?
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

I started with the mct last night after reading your posts actually. I'm very frustrated here. I've never stuck to a diet this long before and to be stuck on stupid is well awful. I have 21 days until thanksgiving and want to lose weight. Planning (maybe now) on pi and the. A straight shot to New Years. But not to lose a pound or less a week. Ugh
Old 11-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Tonight is going to be shrimp and steamed cabbage. And I just took a double dose of miralax and going to take 500 mg of magnesium. Not gonna lie I picked up a bottle of wine tonight. I am getting back on the ball again tomorrow. I may go more strict protocol. Vegetables back in and more seafood. My mood and energy are fabulous though.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Not hcg friendly at all, but oh we'll. I just made the best low carb dinner I have ever made. Steamed cabbage with garlic and garam masala seasoning, shrimp in mct oil with same spices and THEN trader joes Thai green curry sauce (only 2 t sp) On my goddess this was brilliant. My nose is running, my mouth is on fire, I am satisfied. Life is good.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

TADA another 159.2 day.......frickin awesome. Still haven't gone to the bathroom yet. I am off plan today. Starting the day with mct oil in coffee....1 tbsp and then 4 refills (not the oil just the coffee). On a plus note I have lost 3 inches off my waist in the last ten days...just looked at my numbers. Glad I wrote them down. Maybe I shouldn't be such a slave to the scale. I just know that I am going to stick to low carbing regardless. I feel wonderful but I think maybe I need a more high fat way of eating instead of such a lean program. Again we shall see. I plan on popping in a jillian michaels or insanity video in a little bit. Exercise exercise exercise.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #39

Yesterdays dinner sounds really good. I might have to try that.

I'm jealous of your progress. I want INCHES off more than anything!
Old 11-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Well today the weigh in was 160. Guess it was at least a change.I have been out of keto strips for a week so went and got some and I am deep purple. Probably because I am intermittent fasting for two days. I have only consumed mct oil and I am assuming that is why I am no longer constipated and am now peeing out my butt...(tmi). But hey at least I am not toxic anymore.But i have to be within ten feet of a bathroom oh no!!!!!So I am sticking to 800 calories but using nutrtional ketosis guidelines for the next few days to see if that helps. Boiled eggs are ready, cabbage and turkey for lunch (added heavy cream and butter to up the fat) ready to go. ALso purchased some garcina at walmart. Lets see what this week brings. I don't want to stop being ketogenic. Maybe ever. I feel really really good.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:49 AM   #41

Okay, that sounds interesting. So you are still taking your HCG, but you are going for a higher fat ratio? If I said that wrong please correct me, cause I want to understand what's up.

Yeah, the MCT will make you run if you take it on an empty stomach. And it will produce ketones like mad so it will show up on the sticks. just a note, and this is more my thoughts than anything definite, but If you are going for nutritional ketosis, you might want to reduce your MCT intake, since their quick conversion to ketones could mask whether or not your body is actually ketogenic. I know this cause it's used to produce ketones in people without them having to go super low in carbs. But if you take out the MCT and your body is producing ketones on it's own, you'd be certain you are burning your own body fat and not just converting MCT. Does that make any sense.

I'm taking MCT during my round for the thermogenic effect, so I take my ketostick colors with a grain of salt. In fact I'm thinking about reducing my own MCT consumptions since I feel like I'm adjusting to the cooler weather and maybe can get away with less without feeling uncomfortable.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Been a little MIA but have not stopped low carbing keto style. I finally broke my stall and am down to 157.8 this morning. I was really hoping for the 130' by the end of the year but nope now I don't think so. Being keto has given me constant hot flashes. Holy cow it's awful. I started today with BPC and it better keep me satisfied cuz it's 600 calories of straight fat! It's funny that fat is my friend. I've lost 4 inches off my waist, 1.5 off my stomach, and 2 inches off my hips. Can't complain.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

157.4 this morning. Did about 45 minutes of cardio/strength training. Feeling pretty good. At least the scale is finally moving. Things are pretty crazy in my mind lately. But oh well. At least I have this part of my life somewhat under control.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #44

I"ll gladly take some of your hot flashes, I get cold!!!!!

Congrats on 4 inches lost.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

I want the cold...take my hot flashes...even trade. I did my first injection shot again.....been a couple of weeks. 500 calorie protocol and trying to lose 21 lbs 0\in the next six weeks and then I am getting MARRIED...been there twice but this time is so different. I love my df so much.