Old 12-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susan41
Stats: 243/202/?
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 4th 2013 sugar first, then LC august 25th
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGetz View Post
So happy to learn Pearlsnap has recovered and is home with you once again.
Thank you Lola! Isn't it funny how we get attached to little animals? She is my little love.
susan41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Susan, I just finished reading your journal and I just have to say....your life is crazy busy! I also want to say, that will help you so much doing JUDDD!

I'm so sorry for your loss of your mother. I know it continues to be devastating for you. It will take time, but you will come to a place of peace with it. I lost my dad in 1987 (I was just about to turn 21) and I still miss him every single day. But I am so thankful I had him for those 21 years.

I'm so glad Pearlsnap is home and on the mend! What a scary thing. They sure are our babies.

I wanted to mention to you about your skin issues. I have had a HUGE improvement in my skin since losing weight and doing JUDDD. Way less facial redness (maybe rosacea but I've not been diagnosed). I have had a recurring boils issue too, and I started using Dettol soap (ordered from Amazon). It's an antibacterial and I use it in the shower just on the areas where I'm prone to boils. I always have way less when I'm less fat, but I really think the Dettol has made a huge difference too. Just thought you might be interested. It smells pretty medicinal, but I just rewash with my normal body soap after the Dettol and the smell doesn't linger at all. I haven't had a new one is several months now, which is a huge relief!
Hey Carol! I know right? My life is a wreck lol. If someone had told me 10 years ago that my life would be this insane I would have laughed at them.

I think with staying pretty LC and doing JUDDD it may be the right combo for me. Not for everyone for sure, but for me. I've done pretty well with LC but it just isn't enough to count just carbs obviously. I tweaked and searched too many other ways that really didn't work or were sustainable for me for it NOT to be a calorie issue with my plateau. Ydays DD was a little rough on the landing but had good form, I'll settle for the bronze.

The soap suggestion is a good one, I've tried other antibacterial soaps in the past, and they dried my skin out so much I couldn't keep it up. But I think that now with my routine of coconut oil I may be able to apply that back into my daily routine. But LC keeps them at bay and the weight loss and water helps a lot too. I really think it's an internal issue that I can solve with very diligent nutrition.

On the subject of my mama, gosh I miss her. Thanksgiving was tough and Christmas is also going to be hard. I had a big breakdown last Friday night with just plain ole out n out grief. Cried til my eyes swollen shut and finally fell asleep. It's really hard trying to keep it together all the time for everyone else.

Thanks for you and Seabreezes JUDDD support within my journal, it means a lot to me. Greengeeny Gail and Lola Already know my sense of humor and my struggles and craziness that is ME. I just think it's pretty flattering and cool that they continue to support me even knowing all my drama lol.

Mi vida loca continues today, headed to work to catch up on banking for the bar since everything's been closed for days.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Greengeeny where you been lady? I miss your face.

No I didn't catch or kill a deer, I have a confession. Lol. I love deer hunting not for the thrill of the sport, or the meat it can produce, or anything similar to that, although I am a deadly shot and I like deer meat. I use it as an excuse to have 3-4 hours of complete peace and quiet. Lol

Friday when I went I packed me a big cocktail in my bubba keg, ferreted away my new book inside my jacket, took a full pack of cigarettes and spent 3.5 glorious hours sitting in the woods. Now, we know deer have a good sense of hearing and of course smell. The chances of me killing or even seeing a deer with those circumstances were nill. And that was ok by me. The fiancé doesn't know that and I just let him believe I didn't see anything he however killed a nice spike (spikes are bad, and part of our wildlife management, they produce only spikes and kinda retarded offspring, it's an inbred issue. Forgive the use of the word retarded. But that's truth) I've killed many deer in my life and for me now, I'd rather let someone else get the big one, like the fiancé or the hunters that pay me mega bucks for a few days of hunting.

The baby thing hasn't made any progress yet, we are waiting on the letter for orders to go get DNA swabbed. Then.. Get this we won't get results til February 10th. The waiting is tough on my guy.

JUDDD is gonna be tough as far as tracking goes, the eating part is ok, I think. We'll see when I'm starving on a DD lol. I may rant and cuss. Haha.

Ok, gotta roll. Life is waiting!

Hugs!
Old 12-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
The description of your deer hunt delighted me. It sounds like the kind of hunting (minus the cigs) I might enjoy if I could hunt. I don't think I could shoot an animal...I feel guilty if I smush a spider inside the house instead of carrying it outside. Don't get me wrong; I'm no longer a vegetarian and haven't been for many years but I'm sure I couldn't kill the animal myself. I've actually only had venison once in my life; it was cooked in a sort of stew and had a very 'gamey' flavor which I found too intense/too strong. I suppose one would get used to the taste in time.

I wanted to ask about the 'bubba keg'...of course, I get the general idea of what it must be but I wish you would describe it in more detail. Is it simply a thermos? The phrase made me smile.

Have a wonderful day, Susan.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
I have a few friends that are very country lol...and ONLY eat deer meat. Have it year round. When I go there for bbq's, it's always deer burgers. Lola, I agree that it can be gamey. Depends on how it's prepared and also how it's "cleaned". My friends are so pro at it, that it just tastes clean to me.

Susan, it sucks that you have to wait until February to get the results on the baby. I remember when Andrew was born...his dad is 25 years older than me. He had a hard time believing that a 20 year old girl would only be sleeping with him. We had to wait a long time to get the paternity test done, and then wait about 2 months to get the results. It was crazy. Lo and behold, ofcourse it is his son. I loved Andrew's dad, he just couldn't believe it. Andrew was almost a year old when the whole ordeal was over.

There are so many people that do JUDD and I am sure not all of them were very good trackers before starting. But, with your passion about things you are interested in, I am sure soon enough it will be like second nature to you. I know it has been frustrating for you with the stall, and maybe this is the key to breaking it

I know I have been missing for a while. I was only coming on to check in and log my food. This past month has been really difficult for me. Work has slowed down so much that I am behind on a few bills. I am worried that Christmas will be a bust this year. My stress is keeping me up at night. It has been very difficult to remain positive.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...eightress.html

greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #96
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
The calorie tracking part of JUDDD is definitely a switch from LC. I have always hated counting calories, but I bit the bullet and track both UDs and DDs now. For me, it is crucial to my success. And it also helps so much to mostly pre-plan my day of eating before I start eating.

I start with my morning coffee/hwc. Then on UDs I add in my pre-dinner cocktail(s). Then whatever I have planned for dinner. What's left I decide then what I'll have for lunch. Mostly I just have coffee for breakfast, but every now and then I'll have something light for breakfast. It works great for me.

I use a fee online calorie counter, and now, over a year into JUDDD, I have just about everything I use or cook regularly entered in and I just choose it. But in the beginning it was a bit of effort. In a way, it was good though, because it kept me really focused. You'll get used to it!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Hi,

I posted this on the weigh in thread on JUDDD

Susan, did you use the JUDDD calculator on his web site?

You put in your age, height, etc. be sure you use pounds and inches. We find that putting in no exercise as that option is best. No need to eat back calories. Then follows those guidelines. You want at least a 1000 calorie or more spread.

MD is halfway between DD calories and UP day calories. People use it if they have to change rotations. Not recommended at the start.

You can start at 500 calories for DD for 2 weeks.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Hi,

I posted this on the weigh in thread on JUDDD

Susan, did you use the JUDDD calculator on his web site?

You put in your age, height, etc. be sure you use pounds and inches. We find that putting in no exercise as that option is best. No need to eat back calories. Then follows those guidelines. You want at least a 1000 calorie or more spread.

MD is halfway between DD calories and UP day calories. People use it if they have to change rotations. Not recommended at the start.

You can start at 500 calories for DD for 2 weeks.
Yep yep I just posted my re assessment over there. I'm VERY VERY glad you ladies caught that for me, because I'm really trying to do this right. I think though the 349DD cal is extreme, I'm taking your advice with the 500 til I get a real handle on the DDs

Thanks again y'all!
Old 12-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengeeny View Post
I have a few friends that are very country lol...and ONLY eat deer meat. Have it year round. When I go there for bbq's, it's always deer burgers. Lola, I agree that it can be gamey. Depends on how it's prepared and also how it's "cleaned". My friends are so pro at it, that it just tastes clean to me.

Susan, it sucks that you have to wait until February to get the results on the baby. I remember when Andrew was born...his dad is 25 years older than me. He had a hard time believing that a 20 year old girl would only be sleeping with him. We had to wait a long time to get the paternity test done, and then wait about 2 months to get the results. It was crazy. Lo and behold, ofcourse it is his son. I loved Andrew's dad, he just couldn't believe it. Andrew was almost a year old when the whole ordeal was over.

There are so many people that do JUDD and I am sure not all of them were very good trackers before starting. But, with your passion about things you are interested in, I am sure soon enough it will be like second nature to you. I know it has been frustrating for you with the stall, and maybe this is the key to breaking it

I know I have been missing for a while. I was only coming on to check in and log my food. This past month has been really difficult for me. Work has slowed down so much that I am behind on a few bills. I am worried that Christmas will be a bust this year. My stress is keeping me up at night. It has been very difficult to remain positive.
I hate to hear your stressed. Been there... Literally. Waited tables as a single mom for years before becoming management. I had to stop myself sometimes and often say things out loud like... I am blessed to have a job, others don't. I'm blessed that my feet hurt, some ppl don't have feet. I'm blessed to have hungry kids, some have none, I'm blessed to have bills coming to my address, means I've got an address. Keep your head up girl.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:33 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

This may be a tough day. It's a down day on JUDDD and I will be attempting to keep my LC theme and stay under 500 cals, I think I can do it but I've got a busy day at work planned. The stress level at work is off the charts. I've got everything going on from STUPID irresponsible employees to poor revenues and the bills don't stop, threats of surety bond being rejected, to the owner being the main cause of grief with texas alcoholic beverage commission breathing down our necks. An agent showed up yday with gun and badge to chat, while I was at the funeral.

Shook my old lady bartender up with a lot of chatter she should never have to be concerned about. Ugh. Did I ever mention I hate my job and this industry completely? I need to take my own advice and be grateful I have a job at all. But it's hard.

Meanwhile... Back at the ranch, it's early and I slept ok. But I woke up to 202.3 this morn and dang it. Wings sodium? Prob so. Still break thru bleeding, which I'm sure is depo related. At least I'm coming off of it. I wonder how long it will take to get normal cycle again if ever. So many conflicting opinions online too that it's just confusing when I google it.

I just figured up my coffee n stuff I do is over 100 cals, because of the hwc and co I'm seeing. Maybe I need to switch to half n half. Dunno. Because that's 1/5 of my DD calories. Do I want to waste that on coffee?
Old 12-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

When I did depo years ago, after the first shot, I spotted all teh time until I got my second shot. Then, I never got a period again, until I stopped depo. I loved not having it!!!
Old 12-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Susan, good luck today on your down day. Can you fill up on water or broth? Or even a light salad? Just having some volume in your tummy may make you feel better.

Hope things get better for you. You are a really good person.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #103
Big Yapper!!!!

Sorry about all that work stress. I sure hope you can get out of that job and get the ranch turning profit, for your happiness and sanity.

I typically use 100 calories of HWC in my coffee on DDs. At first I tried to find ways around it. SF creamer (blech!), H&H (meh), not having coffee on DDs (bad idea ). So I just decided it's worth it to me. Now I'm struggling with getting in enough protein on DDs because I'm trying to preserve/build muscle and know I need to feed it with good protein. I've never been one to eat egg whites, but I may have to resort to them on DDs.

Good luck on this DD. I'm right there with you! This will be my first decent one since T-Day!
Old 12-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Susan! Wow, your life lately is eventful. So sorry about your Mom and all the stress in your life, but happy you have your guy and that your little dog is ok. I just wanted to pop in and say hi and offer any support I can. I followed LC on and off for years and it helped me take off weight quickly for a long time. I honestly just couldn't keep from going off it all the time and regaining. I think I lost weight again better when I added carbs but I don't eat a lot of processed carbs. Mainly because I can't stop eating them when I start! Everyone is different and JUDDD is great that it works with whatever food works for us. I have an idea on the bloating issue. I know when I drink alcohol I have a tendancy to really bloat for a while when I am not drinking. I think my body is just worried I am going to dehydrate it again and it puffs up to keep hydrated. No science backing this theory up just my speculation. Love your attitude on being grateful!
Old 12-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Oh, Susan, I too love your attitude of gratitude. I'm so glad you wrote about being grateful and very glad I'd read your words because a somewhat revolting development appeared on my horizon today...but what you'd said helped me keep it in perspective and see it for the relatively minor problem it actually is...I used the technique you shared and reminded myself about others who are facing worse difficulties and also reminded myself of my many blessings, among which I count you as one, especially in light of your wise and helpful words.
Thank you, Susan.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

The monuments coming the monuments coming the monuments coming! So excited lol.

The stone company that created my moms headstone FINALLY is delivering it today at noon. We've been waiting and waiting. It's over 8ft tall lol. My mama was only 4'11 I'll be posting photos. Our family cemetery is here on the ranch with over 35 of my family buried in it, we have a historical marker on it because it is home to my 6th great grandfather who was a citizen of the republic of texas (before it was a state) and he fought in the battle for texas independence and also was a confederate soldier..

That's where my mom, sister and I get our lineage that makes us "daughters of the republic of texas" and "united daughters of the confederacy". I'm so excited! Below is a pic of the cemetery but it really doesn't do it justice, I'll post another when the monument is set today. Oh and if y'all wanna see ranch stuff (I'm just narcissistic enough to think everyone on the planet wants too) we have a FB page, search Indian Mound Ranch, Liberty Hill, Tx

Oh yeah, my DD yday didn't end up too shabby, I didn't come in at 500, by the time I got done with the fresh oysters on the shell that a friend brought to the bar, I logged in at 678. I'll take it. The scales say 200.4 today. So today being an up day, gonna stick to plan and get all my good healthy fats in, and enjoy my ribeye tonight. The weather is in the upper 80s til I think the weather guessers said Thursday? So gonna grill and enjoy it while it lasts.

Carol, your right about the hwc.. I'm just not willing to give that one up either. I REALLY enjoy my coffee time in the mornings, quiet and alone. I'll have to just be willing to work it into my DD plans.

Babs! Welcome to my insanity lol, thank you for the kind words and support! I think you are absolutely right about the water retention. And if I were to actually track and compare drinking/water bloat, I'd prolly have my answer to that one. But I track enough crap right now lol. Any more and my brain will explode.

Gail... I gotta tell you something's. Your photo is absolutely stunning and you've gotta be one of the kindest posters I've ever seen on lcf. No lie. You never complain, you never whine, you are always supportive and wow. I'm blessed to have you to be reading my self involved world.

Lola my friend, what's wrong what ever it is, it's gonna be ok. Work through it, logically and reasonably and I'm sure it will work itself out.

Ok! Off to post and read and then get my big butt moving!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (64.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Susan, that is GREAT news about the headstone -- it sounds magnificent and very fitting for a woman as lovely as your mom. I think it is super cool that you and your family have your own big Texas ranch -- and your own cemetary for family members too. You must love living in such a gorgeous, wide-open space too.

Thanks for the kind words too -- that means alot. I am feeling FAT today so the "stunning" compliment made my day. Hope you continue to have a good one! xo
Old 12-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #108
Big Yapper!!!!

Just found your ranch on FB. It looks like a wonderful place. Very cool history! I look forward to seeing your mom's gravestone.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:02 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Well, it's painfully obvious I can't be trusted to ever ever ever eat any salty savory crunchy carbohydrate based "foods" ever ever ever again.

I went so far off plan yesterday that even with today's down day it's going to be hard to recover from. Yep. Chips. And then Mac and cheese. Along with dinner deer meat fried in flour coating. And I'm certainly paying for it this morning. 205.0 on the scale. Headache. My eyes are itchy and swollen shut. Ears are ringing. Runny nose. I feel like my colon hurts/intestines hurt? If that makes sense. And like I really need to take a load of magnesium and get myself regular.

How does this happen? Three+ months and nary a minor slip and BLAM. It's the carbs. Even with JUDDD as a guideline, I can't do carbs. At all.

The fiancé got a call from his somewhat adopted family yday that his "brother" got arrested in a 8 county wide meth bust. We went there to commiserate with his mom and sisters. It was an all day affair of watching it play out across the local news, internet, FB and everyone's phones. Securing the brothers home so the other remaining zombie methheads didn't ransack it while he's locked up. Waiting and speculating on how it's all going to come down for him and for whatever reason I seemed to be the only one there with any sense yday about how the jail/bonding/district courts system works? So I spent the majority of the day working the phones. Then.... The monument came, so I rush back to my own ranch, and the ppl erecting it forgot one of the 7 pieces and my father flipped and went into orbit. So it's been rescheduled til today.

Anyways. Carbs were everywhere, UD was planned. I derailed badly with chips and crap. And it won't happen again.

Headed to work early in a few for a couple of reasons. A.) I have a lot to do since I didn't work yday. B.) if I hang out in this house this morning I WILL eat something. I know me. C.) the cold front is here and I've stuff to do ranch wise to prepare my animals.

Catch up with this later once I'm home and by my fire.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:57 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Oh honey, no wonder why you ate a ton of carbs -- I would too if I were going through what you experienced. Yeesh, first of all, you are still grieving your beloved mom. Grief takes a long time if you know what I mean. You are also single-handedly running a big ranch and working full time, which is an awful lot of work. Then there is your fiance's child custody issue and now his "brother's" meth bust. If I were you, I would have dove head first into the mac and cheese followed by a chaser of tequila, fritos and chocolate chip cookies.

So I think you did pretty darn well to rein in your eating, all things considered. Give yourself a pat on the back. And might I add that your fiance is awfully lucky to have you.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:07 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Oh honey, no wonder why you ate a ton of carbs -- I would too if I were going through what you experienced. Yeesh, first of all, you are still grieving your beloved mom. Grief takes a long time if you know what I mean. You are also single-handedly running a big ranch and working full time, which is an awful lot of work. Then there is your fiance's child custody issue and now his "brother's" meth bust. If I were you, I would have dove head first into the mac and cheese followed by a chaser of tequila, fritos and chocolate chip cookies.

So I think you did pretty darn well to rein in your eating, all things considered. Give yourself a pat on the back. And might I add that your fiance is awfully lucky to have you.

He is!!! Lol. It is a mess sometimes, but that's why I am not going to fling myself from a bluff or anything about it. I used to have slips like that and would emotionally beat myself up about it for days. Not any more though. For me that was a big learning thing, to love myself no matter what.

This particular carb slip REALLY taught me a lot though. The symptoms of sensitivity and intolerance was immediate. And showed itself in a way it never has before. Which... I was able to fully identify. So. Learning learning learning how my body works is a continual process.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:28 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Better day yday food/carb wise, was an UD and I came in under 1900 cals and under 30 carbs. 201 this morning.

It's icy and cold, a rare event for central texas and I am snuggled up with Pearlsnap while the fiancé is duck hunting.. Baffling why anyone would wanna go out in this mess but hey, I get the whole bed lol.

The monument is so beautiful and perfect. The setting of it was a pretty big deal, it's over 1 ton of granite. Took 6 hours of them moving it with big equipment, setting it (it's 6 pieces) and setting the epoxy etc. pretty emotional also. Glad it's done, they are coming to finish some of the epoxy today or Monday.

Planning a DD today, sorta looking fwd to it as a challenge to see if I can do it after the carb thing the day before yday and then a normal day yday. Cleaning out the fridge too. Anything remotely thanksgivingish is outta here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (76.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 12-06-2013, 05:16 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

The monument is beautiful; what a wonderful tribute to your mother.

You've been dealing with so very much all at once lately, Susan. I feel much sympathy for you. And such difficulties and painful losses are felt all the more sharply during the holiday season.

It seems to me that you've been handling all the trauma and turmoil with a great deal of strength and grace. I wonder if I could maintain self-possession and equilibrium in such circumstances. I so admire the manner in which you've held it all together.

Your one day slip is only that; a simple blip or glitch, although I'm sorry you're feeling physically sick and miserable because of it. I noticed earlier this week that, returning home after receiving some relatively minor bad news, I suddenly felt famished and ate more that day than I had in ages...all LC but way too many calories for one day.
Somehow our bodies have these go-to patterns in times of stress. I, like you, am still working on controlling those urges [in my case, the urge to overeat].

Take care, dear Susan. I hope things calm down soon and that life becomes more serene for you and your loved ones.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:42 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

I have always believed that we have to go through times of troubles, doubts, struggles...just to get us to the good times in life. If everything were smooth and we never had any turmoil, we would never learn to appreciate the good things that happen for us. With your string of events lately, you are setting up the new year to be amazing!!!

Susan, you have such a kind and intelligent soul, it's no wonder that you took control for your BIL's situation. It sucks when people in our family (who we have no control over choosing) create tough situations for people we love. But, it seems like you did your best to help your fiancee, and his family, to cope.

If you want to use your slip ups as motivation to do better, then by all means, it was worth the slip up. Don't beat yourself up too badly though. Extreme dieting as punishment often can lead to extreme cheating, in my experience. Nobody can be perfect everyday, but we can motivate ourselves from those weak moments. Lately, with all the stress I have had, I have been eating a ton! All good for me foods, but still a LOT. ANYTIME I eat too many carbs now that I have lc for a while, it gives me a headache and body aches. IT's like going through induction flu all over again!

Your mom's headstone is so big! Worthy of a woman that touched your heart so deeply. I hope it was worth the wait. Looks like they wanted it to be perfect for your family.

How is JUDD going? Seems like a lot of people on this site are doing that program. I hope today is a little less stressful for you.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:32 AM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

You girls

Y'all are too sweet to me. I like it lol

JUDDDing is going ok, although the down days are hard, not hard in the sense of being hungry.. But hard to wrap my head around. I've gotten so used to eating pretty freely on LC portion wise as long as it has been LC... That learning to reduce and count calories puts a whole new twist on things.

I really hope it does work for me, but as I continue to weigh daily, still sitting at 201. Which has been where I've been since sept. It's a tiny bit discouraging, but I'm also aware of the whys of it. The holiday, alcohol, the carb fest I had the other day, stress, depo yadda yadda. I keep reminding myself of the big list of benefits that I have from staying LC and now incorporating JUDDD. and they are many. I feel better, I don't ache, I don't have heartburn, I look better to myself, the skin issues, just overall healthier, not to even mention hopefully avoiding diabetes in my future. That's a big motivator for me.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #116
Big Yapper!!!!

The monument is absolutely beautiful. I know it must have been very emotional seeing it go up.

I know just how you feel about being stuck just over "Onederland". I bounced around the 200 - 202 range for what seemed like forever before I finally saw that blessed "1" number. And then, of course, I bounced back into the "2s" for a few days. I think the fact that it was so significant, and I wanted it so badly, caused me to stress and maybe delayed it happening for awhile. I don't know. Just remember, trust JUDDD, do your rotations, and you will be permanently in Onederland before you know it. If I can do it, anyone can!
Old 12-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

So I've been thinking about something, and I've come to the conclusion that I'm my worst enemy sometimes. I am questioning my choices in attempting JUDDD.

I've had more carbs in the last week than I have in three months, that's even with some fairly successful down days. And knowing myself like I do. We've met ya know. I have to wonder if I am using juddd to re incorporate crappy food that I've missed. Here's why I say that....

The few up days I've had, have been well over 2000 calories except 1, they've included wheat, which I know is totally out of the question for me, yet I did it anyways. Using the UD as an excuse? Ya, sorta. Am I avoiding dropping the stallers on LC? The couple of tweaks I've done to try to bust my stall never were complete, I never completely quit drinking alcohol long enough to say that it was the issue or wasn't, I never completely cut out the artificial sweeteners, I never trackedt carbs or calories to the letter to say that was the issue.

So what's to say that my adding JUDDD isn't just another one of my excuses to not do what I know needs to be done, that I'm not quiet brave or strong enough, or willing to do?

I really really want to be thin and healthy. For life. That's the only truth all that I know is 100% true. I know that I FEEL better and more in control of my eating when I am very LC. Is my move to JUDDD really warranted? Maybe I can stay under 1800 or so each and everyday while being LC and lose Iffffffff.... I cut out alcohol and sweeteners? Maybe I need to re evaluate this ADF thing? Or... Is it just that I don't trust JUDDD yet? Maybe it's because I don't know the science of it yet enough to trust it?

I feel like I'm slipping, and losing focus on my pretty solid LC plan I've been doing. The carbs I'm sure are the reason, and my self sabature nature of "hey! Carbs don't count on this day!" Attitude.

Gah. I hate when I do this. I have half a bag of cheddar ruffles I my kitchen. Have I lost my damn mind?
Old 12-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #118
Big Yapper!!!!

Awww Susan, come in off the ledge! Yes, with JUDDD you have to trust. After everything we've learned about food and dieting, and then unlearned when going LC and relearned new info, JUDDD can seem too good to be true, and counterintuitive. Before I started it, I was absolutely convinced it would not work for me because my body required LC and my metabolism was shot. Neither of which turned out to be true!

I would say that if you want to give JUDDD a good honest try, then commit to counting every calorie every day for at least 2 to 3 weeks, and stay to your calculated calories for that time. I think you will be most pleasantly surprised and will be a convert. But if you're not ready to really do it, it may not be the right fit. I hope you decide to stick with it and give it a good try. JUDDD has so much to offer!

And don't worry too much about what your calories are made up of, as long as you stick within your counts. I drink some alcohol every UD. DDs are mostly protein/fat for me. Good luck!
Old 12-07-2013, 12:58 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Awww Susan, come in off the ledge! Yes, with JUDDD you have to trust. After everything we've learned about food and dieting, and then unlearned when going LC and relearned new info, JUDDD can seem too good to be true, and counterintuitive. Before I started it, I was absolutely convinced it would not work for me because my body required LC and my metabolism was shot. Neither of which turned out to be true!

I would say that if you want to give JUDDD a good honest try, then commit to counting every calorie every day for at least 2 to 3 weeks, and stay to your calculated calories for that time. I think you will be most pleasantly surprised and will be a convert. But if you're not ready to really do it, it may not be the right fit. I hope you decide to stick with it and give it a good try. JUDDD has so much to offer!

And don't worry too much about what your calories are made up of, as long as you stick within your counts. I drink some alcohol every UD. DDs are mostly protein/fat for me. Good luck!
Exactly what I would have liked to say Carol. JUDDD is a bit of a journey and makes you learn a lot about why you eat and how to balance enjoying food and looking after your health. Not for everyone I am sure but I like where it brought me.

Last edited by Babsbabs; 12-07-2013 at 01:03 AM..
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:50 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

I wouldn't in any way refute what the JUDDD supporters are saying, but your experience perfectly illustrates why I feel that approach is definitely not for me. I know I am one who finds it much easier to avoid certain things altogether rather than indulging occasionally. Eating high carb things or eating large meals or too much food brings on unmanageable cravings or eating habits in my case. For example, I know that it is difficult for me to eat candy just now and then. I might start by eating a candy every other day for a while but it would inevitably become a candy every day and then two a day and eventually lead to eating candy enough to make me feel sickish. And yet, if I never eat candy I don't think about it at all; I do not crave it; I have absolutely no desire for candy. Since I have a tendency to overeat and can easily fall into patterns of eating too much every day I fear the UD's would lead me into resuming unhealthy eating habits. Just as I couldn't smoke one cigarette now and then without getting addicted I couldn't eat a lot of calories on one day and tell myself 'I'll make up for it tomorrow by eating hardly any'. I think of myself as being a kind of all or nothing person, or more acurately a nothing or all person. Which just goes to show that we are all different with regard to this as there are so many here who have marvelous success with JUDDD. I think it comes down to being a matter of "know thyself". We each have to assess our strengths and vulnerabilities with regard to dietary approaches. And you are such a thoughtful, intelligent woman, Susan. I know you'll figure out the most successful and satisfying plan. It is just a matter of experimenting and trying out different things to find what works best for you.

Last edited by LolaGetz; 12-07-2013 at 03:56 AM..