LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 07:37 AM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susan41
Stats: 243/202/?
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 4th 2013 sugar first, then LC august 25th
Hey all.

Glad the weekend is over. I woke up yday with another head cold thing, have to wonder why I keep getting sick like this. Am I missing something? Is it allergies? Never had allergies in my life. In fact, even as a smoker I've never had head colds or coughs. Until January, then got better.. Then woke up yday totally stopped up and miserable.

So, zinc, vit c, magnesium, Allegra d, NyQuil.

Slept so so, and going to keep that routine til I'm over this.

Have appt today with JT attny, have to take income statements in.
Have a lot of banking to do, and errands to run. Bbl
susan41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2014, 08:55 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Oh, wow. That's all I can say. Wow. It's been one thing after another hasn't it? At least your life is never boring!!! Teeheehee. But we just keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep on keeping on, don't we?. The other day I read someone's suggestion that we try to view life's difficulties as though we saw them through a train window. As we ride along the landscape speeds by and in similar manner our problems come into view and then we are past them. That struck me as a useful analogy because it is true that today's difficulties will not necessarily be tomorrow's difficulties and often today's difficulties give way to tomorrow's pleasures. I hope pleasure (and relaxation) will come into view for you and very soon!
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:00 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

194.2 on the scale this morning, mind blowing. How can a body just decide to be 200 one day and 6 lbs lighter a few days later. I will never understand the water retention thing. I do need to note however that I am no longer bleeding either. Between that and maybe the blood pressure meds are kicking in I may get back to normal.

Got a lot accomplished yday, tags on cars, appt with attny.. Which we are a little uneasy about. Just don't feel like the attny is going to fight for what we want. She seems so practiced in what she assumes is going to be the outcome. And then.. And this really bothers me... At the appt, she got interrupted 5 times by her phone and her door being opened, each time had to regroup. She seemed rattled. We are paying ALOT of money for her time and attn to this. What makes those other ppls time/issues more important than ours? Plus. She cut me off about 3 different times. Me. Uh.. Hello. I'm not invisible, I have a brain, and experience with the office of the attny general also lady. Plus a big interest in HIS case.

At any rate, we will need to decide if we wanna keep this attny.

My son came over last night, he's sleeping on my sofa. His job is still going well, his meds still going well. So.. That's some positive news.

So.. Today, sticking super LC and low cal if possible, and going to attempt to enjoy my day!
Old 02-27-2014, 06:26 AM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Took what was almost a complete day off from the world yday. Felt bad most the day, tried to nap. Still taking the Allegra which I tried to skip yday early, then got worse so went ahead and took it so I could rest. Realized I skipped everything else too. I hit a low yday at 193 so this mornings bounce was to be expected.

I had really hoped February would have been better with losses, but between a second head/chest cold of the season, whacko TOM and adding in the BP meds I guess I am ok with simply not gaining a lot.

Spring is trying to come around a little at a time. Thank The Lord! JT and I planning a BBQ this weekend,so far about 60 ppl coming, we are going to be putting on a skeet shoot. Should be fun. Am considering a fat fast between now and Saturday so maybe I will feel better and look good in my jeans. Vain I know.. But I will be seeing folks this weekend that I haven't seen in awhile. Lol.

Off to search for a LC BBQ sauce that everyone will love, I am bbqing chicken for 60+ ppl and wanna be able to eat it myself
Old 02-27-2014, 07:33 AM   #275
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Glad you were able to take a day off. Sometimes our body just needs to sit still and rest! You BBQ sounds fun.....and huge!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:25 AM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Absolutely cannot sleep tonight (this morning)

Not sure as to why, I was really busy yday.. Which I attribute to the not drinking the night before and I upped my magnesium dose. But anyways, I got increased energy yday and got a lot done. Then while folding my last load of laundry... Yep. You read that right,, Aaalllll my laundry is caught up. I decided to take the rest of the increased does of mag. Fell asleep quickly, but wow. 330.. Im awake, with night sweats, and the constant barking cough from this head cold. Finally I decided to just get the hell up and drink coffee. I will pay for not resting today I'm sure.

I may eat something and try to go back to bed soon. Didn't bother weighing, because it was 330. So, also... TOM. AGAIN. really tired of the off odd cycles and the bloat associated with it. I went years without missing a beat and had very regular cycles. Since last May, first depo shot. Nothing has been normal. How long does it take to wear off and get right??? I had my last shot in august. Maybe I'm starting meno? Great, add that to my list of insanity. 620 now, I'm going to have to eat and try to sleep. I miss toast and milk lol.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:33 AM   #277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
Start Date: April 2012
((((HUGS))))) coming your way Susan. I hope your cold is getting better. Have fun at your BBQ.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:39 AM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

What. A. Weekend. Wow.

Our BBQ and skeet shoot was a huge success we had over 80 friends and family attend. The food was awesome, and the weather was perfect despite the wind. I about worked myself to death though. And drank entirely too much rum. So spent yday recovering and cleaning up from the festivities. It was 81 degrees sat afternoon, then the front rolled thru with drizzle on Sunday morning and dropped to 24 degrees overnight. That's texas weather for ya.

I'm 196 this morning and had really bad TOM cramps and bleeding yday, and still have this head cold thingy. My BP seems to be coming down some though.

So in my rest/recovery yday, I started reading wheat belly in earnest. I'm half way through and I'm really liking it. It's a game changer for me. Wheat or anything with wheat or grains in it is no longer an option. The way it's explained is really mind blowing and makes total sense.

Off to work!
Old 03-03-2014, 03:26 PM   #279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad y'all had a good time. The weather in Tennessee is just as crazy. Yesterday we were in shorts, and today my window was freezing up going down the mountain.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:21 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Crazy weather here in the southeast as well. On Sunday it was 71 and yesterday we had a snow/ice storm. Last night temp down to 12. Makes your head spin.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #281
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds like a great party, Susan! I'd love to see your place. It sounds idyllic, although I know it's a lot of work keeping it going.

Hope you're doing well today, and feeling good!
Old 03-06-2014, 08:44 AM   #282
Major LCF Poster!

So I'm doing an experiment again. Lol. I'm sure my body loves me for it. Not.

I've had this terrible cough, cannot explain it other than smoking, then I was talking to an elderly lady friend and she said... You just started BP meds didn't you? I say yep. She said that is why you've got a cough. I say.. What? That doesn't make any sense.. She says google it. I roll my eyes, mainly because she's 89 years old and just told ME, the queen of Internet research.. To google it. Lol.

Low n behold, ace inhibitors can cause a dry unexplained cough. Wth. So I am day 2 without BP meds and I honestly think the cough is better. And I also don't think it was helping my blood pressure yet anyways. I'm going to go a week or so and see what happens.

197 today after a UD yday and no meds. I was 194 yday morning, I know it's water/pills/tom - no worries.

DD today! here's hoping I can make it a good one.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #283
Big Yapper!!!!

How funny! We don't think of the "elderly" as knowing anything like Google or internet, but my 80 year old mom hops on and off the internet all day long, pays her bills, researches anything she's curious about. I guess I just don't think of her as being 80 or "elderly".

How very interesting about the BP meds and cough. I never would have expected that. It sure would be nice if you could regulate your BP w/o the meds. I just don't know how you would go about that, other than losing weight and diet, which you're already working on.

Good DD to you!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 03-08-2014, 11:10 AM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Morning, for me anyways. 1pm and I'm just now moving about for the day. Was a long night at work, but a good successful one at least.

Scales are up again this morning even after a good dd day befor yday. I caved last night and had catfish that was brought to me at work, fried in cornmeal. With fries. So pretty off plan foods are causing me some gain. I ate it because I was starved. I had 2 hb eggs and a sausage patty at 11am, fish didn't arrive til 930 last night. My planning is crappy right now, obviously I need to work on that. Also need to get to the grocery store.

So my flakey bartender quit, finally. So I will be working a lot until I get a new one hired. Such is the cycle of this idiotic industry. I have another bday BBQ to attend this afternoon with the fiancé, not really looking fwd to this one as I work a double all day tomorrow and would really like to find time for myself today.

My cough is getting better. Funny huh?

Bbl
Old 03-08-2014, 06:45 PM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My husband was on a BP med once that caused a chronic cough. It took him a while to figure it out. They switched his meds and the cough went away.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:07 AM   #286
Major LCF Poster!

My cough has almost diminished! Insanity! Told my BIL to look into it also, as he's got a cough also. Now to find out and research my dads BP med and see if it's causing him to cough also!

I've been up since 4am. Not sure what woke me, hungry I think. And a headache. But laid there as long as I could, thinking about all sorts of things. Finally said hell with it and made coffee. Weighed... 200 lbs this morning, which is ridiculous. I weighed yday afternoon at 193.7. I just took a LASIX to shed some of this relentless bloat and maybe bring my BP down.

I have to start researching a way to lower my BP with diet. I just haven't yet. I had really hoped the meds would help, even though I don't wanna take meds.

My eating wasn't off plan yday at all, maybe higher in salt that I should have with several diet cokes. I need to make a better effort with water.

I have to work a double today, straight thru. Gonna be a long one.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:22 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Hope you're feeling better now, Susan, and I hope your long day will go smoothly.

I also hope you will discuss the BP meds with your doc. Ace inhibitors aren't the only type of BP med. Perhaps your doc can switch you to one which doesn't cause cough. I'm like you in that I try to avoid taking any drugs but I do take my BP med. High BP is nothing to mess around with and although there are dietary recommendations regarding BP (avoiding salt and excess alcohol, for example) I'm not sure BP can be completely controlled through diet alone. That's why I hope you'll discuss things with your doc...we don't want to end up having a stroke or developing dementia do we? (Don't mean to be bombarding you with unsolicited, unwanted advice. Please forgive me. I'm speaking mainly to myself here since my blood pressure was doing great for a while but lately it's been creeping upward and I don't know exactly why but I'm worried about it ...think it is probably due to stress...anyway, sorry if I seemed pushy. Hope you won't take my concern amiss.)

Have a wonderful day, Susan.

Last edited by LolaGetz; 03-10-2014 at 07:24 AM..
Old 03-10-2014, 11:50 PM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Not sure what the reason, but for the first time in weeks.. My ears are not ringing/static. Just a note.

I will add that I had a super LC dd today. And no BP meds, haven't coughed all day, and no tom. I really want this to happen again! Whatever the combo is!
Old 03-11-2014, 09:23 AM   #289
Big Yapper!!!!

All great news, Susan! Here's hoping you've found the "sweet spot" and can move in and stay!
Old 03-13-2014, 10:02 AM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Morning... Finally warm and no wind today.

Gotta run some errands today, and really don't want to lol. I'd rather stay home.

Started my period again this morning, that's twice (almost the entire month) in February and now twice so far this month. 195.6 this morning and BP is 156/99

That's getting old quick, I wonder if this is pre menopause. Pearlsnap is also in heat lol. Poor thing, I have to keep her inside all the time because of the ranch dogs. A chihuahua red heeler mix would be ugly and kill her possibly. She only weighs 5lbs.

Ok.. Off to run errands so I can a possibly have an evening in tonight
Old 03-17-2014, 10:33 AM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Day OFF! Finally! And the first st Patricks day I've had off in 17 years of being in the bar industry! As you can imagine it's a pretty big day when your a bartender. In 2006, when I was living and bartending on south padre island, it also coincided with spring break, and I worked a 20 hour shift, and made 700.00 in tips. Now... I'd rather have the day off lol. But those were rockin good times for sure.

196 today, bloated and the usual.. Still bleeding. Wish that would end.

I've been slightly off plan too, tortilla for example yday at work when one of my co workers ordered and offered some of her Mexican food. :/

My head isn't in the game. I haven't been planning and prepping. I've been avoiding the scale. And I'm actually OK with it for right now.

Going to do some cooking today, chicken quarters. Have them marinating already.

I have too many projects going on that need finished!

I've got vehicle issues. 3 vehicles that all need some minor repairs.

I've got spring planting to get done this week, I think we've seen the last of the freezes.. I think. So.. I've got all sorts of seed packets to get in our garden, I got compost and some super good soil to get tilled in. Should be a nice week to get it all in the ground.

I have a cast aluminum bench and table to take to get sand blasted and repainted. Gonna put it at the cemetery by mama. The town garden club contacted us yday, my mom was a charter member and past president several times... And they want to plant a tree for Arbor Day celebration in honor of my mom, at our cemetery. Such thoughtful old friends of mama. We are honored. But I have to get the bench done, and moms UDC medallion mounted on her headstone before next week. Yikes.

I have a business plan to create, which I have no idea where to start with that. For my new brilliant idea! I am going to put in a boat and rv storage facility in my front pasture. I already have an estimate on the fencing, and the pad/road. It's going to be my future and my retirement. I have a lot of steps to go, but it's a start. I've talked to our bank, and they are willing to lend me the money to do it. 70k turn key. Yikes! Lol. Exciting to say the least. Anyways.. More on that as it progresses. I am looking for business plan ideas and/or software, or I may just hire a consulting firm to create one. I have to have one to present to my bank.

I have to get Pearlsnap fixed this week.

I have re interview and hire a housekeeper this week, mine moved

I have to train a new bartender I hired yday.

All this, and try to work full time... And be a wife, mother and daughter. And try to LC and stay on plan.

I can do it.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:48 AM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Just one more cup of coffee and I'll get busy. I promise.

Am sorta mad at myself this morning over these slips and cheats I've been doing. Like last night, tortilla chips. Really Susan? Ugh. And I know where those lead, yet I do them anyways.

So!
Today we are going to be more diligent. Ketosis is my goal.

Coffee almost done, breakfast of sausage patty and cheese down my gullet, and I'm off to turn sows ears into silk purses, and slay tiny dragons.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:56 PM   #293
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, those little slips and cheats get us all sometimes! Darn 'em!

My hope for you today is good deep ketosis. Feels so good once you get there! Kind of a rough road on the way sometimes. You'll do it!
Old 03-23-2014, 06:42 PM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
Hey there Susan Hope life is going well for you. I can only imagine the stress of the bar and the farm. Take a deep breath, and one step at a time. You will do fine. You got this
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:53 AM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

Well, slacker. Yup that's me lol.

I've been off plan and it's showing in how I feel and how my laundry fits.

Been a few very busy and emotional days. However, I did get my garden put in, my bird feeders up oh, and the fiancé got temporary support and joint custody orders.

We went to court yday, the baby mama actually showed up (because she's was subpoenaed) and she acted like a complete juvenile, go figure... With things like... "I don't want him to have my contact information" really? Idiot. The attny general lady, and our attny just looked at her like what? Lol. At any rate, having an attny and a super diligent fiancé really paid off for my man. He was awarded joint managing conservator, and support was ordered which wasn't to bad. His visitation starts on the 5th with supervised visits (that outta he interesting with baby mama drama) then by august if all goes well, he will have 1st 3rd and 5th weekends. We will see. Baby mama theatrics outta be entertaining this summer.

Odd thing happened on the way home from court... I slipped for the first time since mom passed and even said it out loud... "Hey, I need to call my mama" - now where did that come from? Yday was 8 months she's been gone.

So, the slips and cheats on my woe are catching up to me, no losses this month at all, I weighed 198 this morning and I feel crappy. Achy etc. so once again, we restart today and see if I can stay on track.

On the upside, my friend came in from Mexico and brought me 6 months worth of birth control, started them on Sunday, and I'm FINALLY not bleeding as of this morning. Maybe I can get my cycle regular again. I haven't been taking my BP, again... Off track. I haven't been weighing daily, I haven't been taking my supplements. Gah.

Anyways, it is what it is. I will get back on track, somehow.

Miss you gals, hope all is well in your worlds.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:16 PM   #296
Big Yapper!!!!

Glad to see you posting, Susan. You've had a lot going on! I hope things will calm down a little with the baby situation, and hopefully the mama will grow up some in the near future. You would think that having a child would help with that, but there I go trying to be logical again. Duh!

Considering all that has been going on, I'm not surprised you haven't been able to hang in there with your eating plan. It takes an immense level of focus, during the best and calmest of times. Throw in a lot of drama and stress, and it becomes next to impossible. I'm hoping maybe you'll get some calmer times and can jump back on it. You know you'll feel so much better when you do!
Old 03-26-2014, 01:15 PM   #297
Senior LCF Member

I agree with Carol 100%. With all the Sturm und Drang swirling around you and your loved ones lately no wonder you've had a slip now and then. That is perfectly normal and certainly to be expected. Glad you're getting back on track. It sounds as though the birth control may make a positive difference. Hope things will go more smoothly in coming days, Susan.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:19 AM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks ladies!

I've returned lol. With a vengeance, total re induction right now and it's funny how quickly you can get back into the swing of it if you simply decide to do it. Been clean LC eating for 2 days, and went from almost 200 on Sunday, to 194 this morning. I was going to start JUDDD rotation with a DD today, but... I'm hungry, and I think I will just stay LC until I get a handle on the hunger issue again before beginning down days. Sorta feels like induction flu all over again, which is fine. Just a little surprising as I wasn't THAT far off track... Or? Was I?

So this morning it's coffee with hwc, eggs scrambled with cheese, and 1/2 avocado. Yum. Lunch is going to be turkey and ham rolled with cream cheese, green olives, and the rest of the avocado.

Dinner is undecided. I have left over chicken fajita meat or thawed ground beef. So maybe a combo in a big salad with sour cream, cheese and salsa. Taco saladish

Obviously the bc pills are working to get me back regular cycle. No bleeding for a few days now, such a relief.

Tension at home is better too since Monday when we got the little one issue somewhat under control. That big elephant in the fiancé and my relationship had been taking up a lot of room.

Headed to work, need to get stuff done there so I can go sorta away for fri and sat. We have tickets to go see Randy Rogers and a hotel stay about 90 minutes away from home Friday night. Should be fun, we are going with a fun couple friends of ours. Just need to make sure I stay somewhat on plan.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:50 AM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

Breakfast changed to this below... An I'm stuffed.

Good news is I am in ketosis, just checked. We shall see if I can keep this ball rolling the remainder of the week
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (33.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 03-27-2014, 03:04 PM   #300
Big Yapper!!!!

Ketosis! Woohoooo! Great job on the 6 pound loss. Gotta love VLC!

I'm glad the tension is easing for you guys. Have a great trip. Relax and have fun!