LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lpenben
Stats: 318/241/160
WOE: rotate between Atkins and carb addiction diet
Start Date: October 2011
lpenben log journey

I hope I'm doing this right. This is new to me but its nice my see my thoughts in writing. I still have long way to go but I'm not giving up if it takes me another 2 years to reach my goal so be it.
lpenben is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2013, 11:39 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

lpenben

Had a great day. I'm still amazed that I can eat breakfast at 11:00, get busy and forget to eat. It was 5:00 pm when I realizrd I hadn't eaten lunch
Old 10-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

lpenben log journey

I joined Tops on September 5 because I do better in group meetings rather than going it alone. Since they don't give you a set diet I can do my low carb. I have lost 6.5 lbs in 5 weeks. The frist 4 weeks I was just eating lc even though I'm not hungry I miss my comfort food especially went I'm stressed so last week I decided to add 2 days of CAD just to see what would happen and I lost 2.6 lbs this will be my second week so I will have to wait until thursday at weigh in to see if I've lost again. I love CAD I just want to see if adding 4 days of induction will make the weigh lost a little faster. I bounced around a lot even though i've lost 79 lbs its taken me from october 2011 until the present to do it. I would stall for weeks at a time once it lasted 3 months but because I was eatng foods I enjoy I stuck with it. Sometimes through out the two years I would do atkins induction just to get started again. If this work out I will have the best of both plans. Besides going from 318 to 239 feels pretty darn good so if it takes another 2 year I can live with it
Old 10-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

lpenben log journ

Old 10-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

lpenben log journey

I was watching a show tonight about a woman who weighed 600lbs and went under the knife to lose the weight. Through out her 7 year journey she still hadn't reach goal because the Dr. said she wasn't dealing with her eating habits. My thoughts are she should be dealing with her carbs. They showed her eating ice cream, candy, cake, and other carbs and I didn't think people could eat those foods after having surgery. I truly believe that I had trouble with carbs since I was 7. I started dieting when I was 11 and still going at it. For the last two years I've really have gotten serious about watching my carbs because I know that's my problem. Its not easy losing weigh at 63 but its so much easier when you don't have to fight against the hunger. I will most likely always love certain carbs and I will always have to eat them in the right way on CAD and I know if I reached 318 I could reach 600. Ouch!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpenben View Post
I was watching a show tonight about a woman who weighed 600lbs and went under the knife to lose the weight. Through out her 7 year journey she still hadn't reach goal because the Dr. said she wasn't dealing with her eating habits. My thoughts are she should be dealing with her carbs. They showed her eating ice cream, candy, cake, and other carbs and I didn't think people could eat those foods after having surgery. I truly believe that I had trouble with carbs since I was 7. I started dieting when I was 11 and still going at it. For the last two years I've really have gotten serious about watching my carbs because I know that's my problem. Its not easy losing weigh at 63 but its so much easier when you don't have to fight against the hunger. I will most likely always love certain carbs and I will always have to eat them in the right way on CAD and I know if I reached 318 I could reach 600. Ouch!!!!!!
If anyone want to reply to my journal please fill free to do so.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpenben View Post
I'm not sure what happen to this post
Old 10-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Well I'm not sure what happen to my frist post today so I will repeat. I lost .2lbs this week going from 239 to 238.8 not a lot but I will take what I can get. I followed same eating plan that I did last week eating two CAD days and the rest on atkins induction. Will see what happens next week
Old 10-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

lpenben log journey

Weighed in Thursday down another 2.6 lbs down 9.4 lbs since I started Tops in sept 5. all together is 81.8
Old 10-27-2013, 04:55 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
You are doing great! Congratulations on your weight loss!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Thank you!
Old 10-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

lpenben log journey

I've been doing a lot of research on food addiction and I have discovered that not only do we have to watch our carbs but there is this thing call dopamine that is released in the brain. This dopamine help us gain pleasure from the foods we eat but the more we eat the less dopamine is release causing a lot of over weight people to continue eating large amounts of food resulting in more weight gains. I've always believed that there was something else going on with me than just liking to eat. I have experienced some really intense urges to eat and no matter how much I ate it just wasn't enough. I have not experience any of these urges since I've been eating lc. I Thank God everyday for all the research that has been put into learning how carbs effect some of us and now we can watch out for dopamine that makes us seek more pleasure where there isn't any. So now if I'm eating something that use to be really good but not so much any more thats my signal to stop eating. Aleast now I know that there was nothing wrong with the donut.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Wow it seems like thursdays come around pretty fast lately but anyway I'm down .8 lbs that 3/4 of a pounds. So I guess if I itake the .2 lbs I lost a couple of weeks ago and add it to this weeks weight it will be a whole pound. Not complaining just saying its ok
Old 11-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

lpenben log journey

Today is one of those days where I'm not feeling my best and that's ok but what gets me is my frist thoughts this morning was I wanted something good to eat. Since being on a low carb diet I don't keep goodies like that in the house anymore so instead I ate a piece of cheese and bacon with a cup of coffee with vanilla sugar free syrup and cream. After I ate I felt much better and I realized that I really didn't need that donut that I used to have with my coffee or the rebound hunger that always followed. I've notice that since I've been eating low carb it helps to make better choices. Eating lc keeps me from fighting through the hunger like I had to do on other diets. It always amazes me how determined I was when I was on Weight Watchers. As long as I was losing weight I could fight through the hunger even though there was always a binge right around the cornor, I would pick myself up and start again but now with the knowledge I have, and knowledge is power, I make it through the day because there are no real urges to eat
Old 11-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
I totally agree -- one of the best things about being on low carb is that it kills our hunger and you are easily satisfied on much less food. You are doing great!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

lpenben log journey

Wow thursdays come really fast! Last week I lost .2lbs this week I lost one pound. I won two contests at Tops one for losing weight six weeks in a row and for having the highest weight lost for the month of October so I guess my .2 lbs really do count.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

lpenben log journey

I've been having a stressful time over the last two weeks. The holidays are always a little harder because I find it hard to pass up my favorite foods so I did eat on thanksgiving so I had to work harder as not to have a gain. We didn't have class on thanksgiving so that meant I would have to go two weeks without weighing in. The scales help me stay on track because I know that not only will I see how much I weigh, the person weighing me will see my weight also. I did end up losing 2.8 lbs for the two weeks giving me a total of 15.4 lbs lost. Its taken me 13 weeks to lose this amount and I don't want to give up one ounce. Christmas is a lot harder because its not just one day its all month. Every where I go there are goodies and I can't stay buried in my house all month so I'll just have to give it my best shot
Old 12-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member

lpenben log journey

Today is December 30 and I'm 64 today and this is the frist time since the 90s that I've weighed less than 230. My last weigh in I weighed 226.2. I have lost 19 lbs since joining Tops and 91.8 since I started my low carb eating plan. I am so glad that the holidays are almost over. Starting with thanksgiving, my aniversary is the 28th of November (married 39 years),my daughter, my granddaughter and my birthday is all in December and than there is Christmas and New years all of these events include lots of really good carbs and I did have a few of these goodies and I am a carb addict. Lol.

The leader of our Tops meetings said that the new year is the start of new beginings so whatever happen over the holidays won't be on the books but I really don't want to see a gain but if I do I'm not going to beat myself up. I'm going to do what l always do. Dust myself off and start again. My goal for 2014 is to reach my goal weight of 160. 66.2 lbs to go.