LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Fish_On
Stats: 282/270/225
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/30/2013
Project_Malcolm365

I thought this would be a good approach to keep me honest. I have never publically admitted how I hate the weight I carry. Over the summer I became a proud father to Baby Malcolm and my I want to do everything I can to live healthy, live long, and live happy.

I decided to do Project Malcolm, a plan to loose the weight that my son will gain in the first year.

My diet will be low carb and moderate excercise.

At his 3 month appt, Malcolm weighed 11bs and I weighed 282.

Results 10 days in: 9lbs loss on induction. Over the last two days, I have incorporated jogging/walking. This time around water is my friend, outside my one cup of coffee before work.

It's on- as he grows healthy, I grow healthy!
Fish_On is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
So sweet! Rock on Malcolm's daddy!
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Day 10 Results: weighed in @ 272.2 down 10lbs

Couldn't sleep, so did cardio dvd this morning. Like anything new, excited to start. Working on the mental aspect because its the lifestyle change that I need to focus on. Almost went to happy hour today after a stressful day of work but made it home and feeling good about not indulging. Stress got me to this weight, so small victory for today to look forward to my excercise as an outlet!
Old 10-11-2013, 04:34 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Congratulations on your weight loss! You are doing really well. And Malcolm is lucky to have you for a Dad.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:31 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
What a great motivation! Nothing like our little ones encouraging us to be better human beings
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

So its been a couple of days, was doing some traveling to spend time with my oldest, my baby girl. Some how I managed to do really good on the road with Atkins. I survived waffle house and five guys (five guys was the toughest!). My understanding daughter, she saw my face when in five guys and said, daddy chipotle isn't far we can eat there. Phew, that was a close one.

Continue to be motivated by excercise, I went for a run/jog after stressful day of work! Two weeks ago that was a stop at the liquor store for sure. Really out of shape and overcoming the insecureness of excercising in public has been a challenge. I just tell myself to focus on why you are out here, not what you think people are thinking about you.

2 Week Results: 12lbs loss in two weeks. However, the mental results really out weigh what I have accomplished on the scale. Knowing the weight loss may slow down after water weight loss, its the mental toughness I am relying on to keep me on track to not break my first promise to Baby Malcolm.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Woke up today and it was just not there, wasn't motivated and almost called it quits for the early morning run. I looked for any excuse, couldn't lie to myself to find one. So I decided to just go try and if it wasn't there then quit early, but just go try. I ended finishing the run and felt a little better. The day got even better with the scale down from yesterday. The day got a lot better when I decided to grab some clothes from the back of the closet and they actually fit. Yet another reminder of how I can't quit on me.

See this through, stop looking for excuses to tell yourself, and stay inspired with small wins (my daily convo with me). Never been patient, this I can't manipulate- it's a journey!

Results 13lbs lost since 9/30/2013. Annnnndd Baby Malcolm hits the scale in a few days...tick tock!

Last edited by Fish_On; 10-16-2013 at 04:15 PM..
Old 10-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Looks like lil man plans to make me work hard for this weight loss! He's up to 13.4lbs which means I got to really put some work in because he gets to start rice cereal now.

Ate off plan yesterday and had some cornbread, it wasn't a moment of weakness more of a test. I didn't have the cookies for snack, nor did I eat the burger king with my GF this afternoon. So I was happy to show control, to stay focused on what specifically I would eat and not use it as an excuse to go on a multi day binge. Got back on track this morning, and feel just find, a lilttle sluggish but nothing crazy.

Excercise continues to be a challenge, the running is okay, but the T25 is kicking my but! Gotta get mentally tough to push through and not slow down because I feel the burn. Those things really let you know how out of shape you are.

No major weight change, will start to report inches soon.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Well simply put, enjoying the increased focus and will power. I know everyday wont be like this but taking advantage of it while it is here. A lot of stress at work and now possibly traveling overseas for three weeks puts a huge dent in my get fit plans. My goal is to find away to make it work, no excuses!

Doing "2 a days" workout sessions- cardio in the morning and strenth cardio in the evenings. Day 2 of T25 was easier but still find myself lacking the physical endurance to push through. If its mental, I still have work to do. What I can say is my shirts are drenching with sweat at the end so at least I am moving.

Today's weight moved to a low of 267.2, takes me down 15lbs in 22days. That feels good to type, and then read. For anyone looking for a reason to hang in there, just keep pushing. The reasons to continue are greater than those to quit. It's a slow process some days, weight bouncing, fatigue, stress, family- stay focused!