Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 205/185/140
WOE: LC/Experimenting w/ NK
Start Date: Jan 2012
Ooh, vacation!!! Have fun! Not gaining is a great attitude to have I am currently in that mode myself, with all the baking going on right now!
alex_in_wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Have a wonderful, fun filled and carefree vacation, Dip.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:20 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
How was your vacation? Did you enjoy Sanibel? It is so beautiful there.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: Unhealthy/healthier/healthy!
WOE: 5:2 Fast Diet as LC as possible
Start Date: This time: 11/17/13
Thanks for checking up on me Gaily Gail! Appreciate it! Hi Alex, Danielle, Lola, MS!

Okay - I am so-o-o-o back!! Today's journal entry:

2nd Restart – 11/17/13 – Sunday..

Returned from Sanibel trip on Thursday 11/14. Weighed myself today.. 269.5. Although I wanted to be less than I was on 10/6, I suppose being only 2 lbs more after coming home from a week long trip isn’t too bad. At least for me it isn’t.

I am starting the 5:2 Fast Diet Plan today.. Today will be a “normal” day and tomorrow-Monday will be my first fast day. My 2nd fast day this week will be on Thursday. I plan to stay as Low Carb as possible, but if I need to ease into it, that is okay. I know I can do this!

I’m planning today (making a brisket for dinner) and tomorrow’s fast day menu. Will be making my famous very low cal sweet and sour cabbage soup to take the edge off.. Also chai tea, egg white omelets and shirataki noodles will come to my rescue! Have to remember to drink my water!!

Started a journal on 10/5/13: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...healthier.html

"We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
~John Lennon
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back, Judy. I think that being only 2lbs. up after a weeklong vacation is pretty amazing since when eating all your meals out you inevitably lose control of exactly what's in your food no matter how careful you are about your choices.

Good luck with your 5:2 adventure!
Old 11-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

I agree with Lola! You did great coming back from vacation. Good luck with the 5:2 Fast Diet Plan. People seem to have great results on it.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
You did great! 2lbs is nuthin and will be gone before you know it. Great job!

Good luck with 5:2!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:33 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back Judy! Yes only 2 lbs over is a WIN! Good luck with the IF'ing, we'll be cheering you on
Old 11-18-2013, 06:34 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Fast Day 1

Okay - 1st fast, here I come... menu coming in over just about 500 calories:

Coffee with Coconut milk creamer - 50
Green Smoothie with Deeper Greens Powder and lettuces - 50
Egg white scramble with zucchini and green onions & fajita spices - 34
Small apple (to cut up into 3 or 4 pieces spread through the day) 55
Homemade cabbage soup - 100
2 oz chicken breast - 70
1/4 cup jarred alfredo sauce - 45
Shirataki noodle package - 30
2 tsp MCT oil - 60

Plus - lots of water and various kinds of teas..

I can do this! Hunger will not hurt me! I will keep busy! I Will go to the fitness center today.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:20 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Looks good, Judy! Good luck today, you can do it
Old 11-18-2013, 07:58 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

dipgal, (subconsciously I seem to want to call you 'dippy' and just typed it in by mistake-LOL...would have left it that way but was afraid you might be offended)...

Thanks so much for the information you gave me about the IF approach over on Melle's Sweetheart's journal. I really appreciate it and found it very interesting.

Have a great day dear dip.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Lol Lola.. you can call me dippy! It's true sometimes! I am glad you found the IF info interesting.

Today went well..I am done eating for the day. I was a bit shaky until about 2pm..then it was a breeze until dinner at 6:45. I felt very strange and empty until 2..despite having half of my calories that included all macronutrients.. Oh well.. it's a work in process.

To bed early and then a *normal* eating day for 2 days.

See ya tomorrow!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:24 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

You are doing great, Judy. Your menu looks very sound and healthy. I am sure you will see weight loss on this. I bet you will feel great when you wake up this morning. I usually feel better the next day if I have eaten lightly the day/night before.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the support Gail!

Fasting Day 2 is here.. I woke up late, which helps the day go faster! Today's menu - just at 500 cal:

Chai tea with a little creamer- 20
Leftover green smoothie from yesterday-50
Egg white scramble w/broccoli and green onions, fajita seasoning - 50
Homemade cabbage soup - 100
1/4 C Black LC soy beans (added to food for bulk) - 60
Zucchini noodles with 1/4 Cup Bertolli Alfredo Sauce and 3 oz shrimp - 160
2 tsp MCT oil - 60 (spread out for satiety)

Didn't do too badly on the Tuesday and Wednesday "normal" eating days. I did not count calories. I did limit my AL and ate smaller portions. I am confident I came in around the suggested 2,000 calories for the day.

Plan to go do some water exercise soon.. onward!
Old 11-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Judy, your menu looks great -- nice and healthy. How do you feel? I usually feel better when I consume less calories -- more energetic and clear headed, which is an incentive to stay on plan. Hope you are well!
Old 11-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

2nd Fast Day - Piece of Cake

Yesterday was my 2nd fast day and it was much easier than the first! Waking up several hours later than usual certainly helped.. I didn't feel shaky because I skipped the coffee and had tea with a bit of creamer instead. Otherwise, I just felt a couple waves of hunger that either past, or I ate my planned mini-meals.

Today is going to be bigger than "normal", a wine luncheon in the afternoon and then out to dinner with DH. So, I think I'll do a Mod day tomorrow of approx. 1000-1200 cal (half way between fasting and "normal"), a normal day on Sunday and then my 1st fast day of next week on Monday. My 2nd fast day next week is planned for Saturday, while driving home (7 hour ride) from our trip to St. Louis. I'm usually really hungry after coming off a trip, and we usually stop for lunch half way home... so if a total fast doesn't work, I'll do a "mod" Sat. and Sun. Maybe have a shorter eating window when on our trip and just eat lightly during the day and more at dinner... I'll figure something out so that IF doesn't get thrown out the window!

Although I'd like to take off some weight fairly quickly to motivate myself, I refuse to give up my favorite things - fun and celebrations! I love the flexibility of 5:2 and Intermittent Fasting in general! I know I can tweak this plan to fit my needs!
Old 11-22-2013, 10:23 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like you're getting it figured out, Judy! LC is a good plan, and it sounds like IF is a good framework to work with the plan, and meet your needs for variety too. Yay for you!
That sounds like a lot of travelling coming up. Have a safe trip and enjoy your plan!
Old 11-23-2013, 06:47 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the support Alex!

I had a very fun day yesterday - out for lunch and dinner - and overdid my "normal" day.. Will definitely try to moderate somewhere between fasting levels and normal levels today. Which means, no idle snacking this afternoon and very moderate AL.

Have to run some errands this a.m... other than that a totally free weekend to catch up on some things around the house..

Cold weather.. single digits forecasted for overnight. YUCKY! I want to make some soup, but we'll be out of town for most of next week and I know it won't get eaten. We have cooked food in the fridge which needs to be eaten.. Will have to figure out another way to keep the house warm and cozy and smelling good!
Old 11-23-2013, 07:02 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Oh, go ahead and be a little reckless and make that soup, dear dip. There's nothing better than homemade soup on a cold, cold day. You can freeze the leftovers now in your refrigerator and freeze the leftover soup too. I freeze leftovers all the time and find they come in handy on those days when cooking dinner might otherwise be difficult. Have a great weekend and be sure to include a lot of time for fun. Stay warm. [I'm often feeling cold these days and it's not just because of the weather...I think I've frequently felt cold since I began eating LC. Do you find you are chilled a lot too? Although, with the IF I suppose you may not be eating strictly LC, right?].
Old 11-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Lola.. often intermittent fasters feel cold.. never read about low carbers being cold. I think it's a sign of fat burning..so it makes sense. So far I am only cold because it is 17 degrees outside!! Brrrrr! Yes, I may whip up something tomorrow. Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 11-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

I read more about the "being cold" issue.. It's because when we are not eating, our digestive system isn't working or heating up.. Therefore, heat does not get to our extremities to keep them warm. I still like to think that it's because our fat is being burned instead of using food for fuel! Makes it all worth it!!
Old 11-25-2013, 04:17 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Judy, I think that being cold theory makes sense. I do IF too and I find that I am colder than usual this year. Usually I don't get cold very easily but I hate being hot. I like thinking about my fat getting burned though -- that is a very happy thought!

It sounds like you have good plans for Thanksgiving!
Old 11-25-2013, 07:00 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

I'm sure you're right concerning feeling chilled but I too prefer the 'burning fat' theory. It reminds me of, when younger, I tried to control weight by eating only one meal [dinner] a day. During the daytime whenever I felt hungry I'd tell myself that the hunger pangs were a good thing since I interpreted them as meaning I was losing weight. Ha! However, I rather believe the stories we tell ourselves even if, and maybe especially if, they are Pollyannaish are a positive thing on the whole since what we experience in life is so intertwined by the thoughts we carry in our mind, our outlook, our attitudes. So, ever onward with healthy weight loss and fat burning. We are doing it aren't we? And a happy, on-track Monday to us all.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Fast Day #3

I didn't do so great on my "normal" days over the weekend. I know I should weigh myself to see if I should count my calories on normal days and tweak as needed. But, I don't want to get disappointed if I didn't lose anything and give up during this holiday week. I must remind myself that this IF plan is for general health also, and not just for weight loss.

From Tuesday lunch through Friday dinner I'll be eating out. My planned fasts this week are today and Saturday on the way home.

Today's menu - 530 calories:

~Chai tea with a little creamer- 20
~Egg white scramble w/zucchini, tomatoes and green onions, Curry seasoning - 60
~1 Tbsp Coconut Oil - (separated into 3 tsps to be used as needed) 130
~Homemade cabbage soup - 100
~1/4 C Black LC soy beans (added to food for bulk) - 60
~Shirataki noodles with 1/4 Cup Bertolli Alfredo Sauce and 3 oz shrimp - 160

Saturday - will bring some nuts and a low carb bar for the car.. plus coffee..

I will make this plan work!
Old 11-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Hang in there, you're doing great! It's probably smart to stay off the scale if it will bother you that much over the holiday...good thinking on your part! Just keep keeping on and it will all fall into place!
Old 11-25-2013, 10:47 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

I agree if you think the scale might disappoint, stay off of it. I participate in the challenge boards sometimes and people often post daily weights, and while some say it keeps them accountable, others find they are up and down along with their numbers. Plus there are other factors you can check like measurements instead, or just plain feeling better!
I know for me, I lose so glacially slow that seeing that number tends to bring me down emotionally, and make me more prone to slip-ups. I was weighing once weekly and then every other week, and now I am thinking aboutnot weighing till January, just because I know the number won't change much!
I think you're doing a great job figuring out how to work your plan. When you're in it for the long run, and for your overall health, the scale may play a small part but doesn't have to be in the lead role
Old 11-26-2013, 05:03 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Woo Hoo

Thanks Alex and Danielle for the support! I could never weigh daily. My value as a human being depends on what it says.. although I am getting better with that since I stopped dieting for 7 months earlier this year, and just decided to accept myself for what I am. Now, I think I have my head on straight and am ready to get healthier!

Yesterday was my 3rd fast and I survived it just fine. All through the night last night I just felt like my body was working at burning fat - a fat burning machine! And, I thought - okay Judy you can hide your head in the sand to see if this program is working for you. Or, you can tweak it if it is not. I am sure I ate WAY over my TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) on many if not most of my normal days. I was really afraid to look until I got up this morning.

So, I decided to hop on the mean metal machine and lo and behold I dropped 6.5 lbs in 8 days. I must keep in mind that I have A LOT to lose, and this is just the beginning.. BUT, it has motivated me to continue on and not tweak until necessary. And, certainly not give up even though I am going out of town for 4 days this week. I WILL fast the day we come home to get my 2nd fast in for the week.

Today is a day full of fun activities, including a woman's business luncheon, Mah Jongg, and dinner out at an Italian restaurant (that has shirataki noodles as an option!) with girlfriends. And then tomorrow we leave on our trip to St. Louis for our casino getaway.

All is well in my world. I hope it is in yours, too!
Old 11-26-2013, 05:05 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Stats: 355/293/250 (1st goal)
WOE: Kamikaze Atkin's
Start Date: Dec 1, 2003 (first time) 10/18/12 (last time)
6.5lbs??!!!

I'm totally STOKED for you, Judy! Great job!!
Melle's_Sweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:40 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

6.5 pounds is a fantastic weight loss, Judy! That is awesome. This plan is really working for you. I also hope you have a super fun casino getaway with your DH!
Old 11-26-2013, 07:05 AM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

That is freakin fantastic!!! Nice job!!!

Have a great holiday weekend, Judy.... Your days sounds busy & fun!!!!!