Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
I have issues making friends too, but mine are a little different. Basically it is because people act so dumb and I can't handle being around it. I can't stand seeing "friends" letting their kids do drugs or drink or smoke "because they would do it either way, and I would rather them do it in front of me than behind my back". I have a hard time with people that aren't dedicated to their families. I can't be that one going out nonstop. AND...most people, if you aren't "going out" then they don't really call anymore. My friends aren't really friends at all. They are acquaintances at work, or other sports moms that sit near me at the games. Even then, I sometimes get up and move away from them because I just can't stand the conversations. I hate being judgmental. BUT...I know how I am. I know that I am not a good friend. I am really bad at pretending that things don't bother me when they do. I don't want to hear about you cheating on your husband, letting your kids drink, your gossip about someone else who is much worse than you, etc. My friends are my sister and my kids lol.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...eightress.html

greengeeny is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2013, 06:56 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengeeny View Post
... I know that I am not a good friend. I am really bad at pretending that things don't bother me when they do. I don't want to hear about you cheating on your husband, letting your kids drink, your gossip about someone else who is much worse than you, etc. My friends are my sister and my kids lol.

You sound a LOT like me..lol That cracked me up about "I am not a good friend". I feel so much the same way and that is the main reason I divorced my first husband. We just didn't see eye to eye on how to raise the family. He had three kids from a previous marriage, but when we got together they were still younger than 6, so I pretty much raised them as they lived with us and I was a sahm. But when they got to teenage years, he thought that it was okay for them to drink around him and wanted to throw parties for them. I was totally against that. To me you raise your kids right and set the example for how they should be, and drinking with them or allowing them to drink is a big NO. I was so young when I got with him (17) he was (26), and I just didn't talk enough about values and what I expected or wanted. It lasted 13 years (the last 6yrs I wanted to leave, but was scared to be on my own) but we were just to different in everything and it took me years of growing up to see that.

I was totally upfront with my now husband and we discussed everything before going past the first date. We have a lot of the same values, and are raising our daughter right. My three rules upfront with him were - No cheating, No abuse, Must be Honest with me. Neither one of us drink, although we don't mind that others drink. But we are not ones that go out to party etc. We are both pretty much homebodies, and spend our time with family. Our getting out is the occasional dollar movie theatre, family vacations, parks, etc.

I don't want to be around or have my children around people that I think are not good role models for my children. I feel the same way you do, no desire to be around those type of people ("you cheating on your husband, letting your kids drink, your gossip about someone else who is much worse than you, etc"). I just don't want or need that kind of mess in my life. Even though I have a hard time talking to people, I do, however, want to have a 'close friend'. Right now, my mom would be considered my best friend. But she is not going to be around forever and I can't really just talk to her like I want to. I would like a friend that shares similar values, that we can talk about anything, we help and motivate each other, that I can call up and say let's go to the antique mall or wherever, you know. I can share a lot with my husband, but he doesn't always understand the female side of things, and definitely not one to go to places I always like to go. I don't know...it's just different having a friend than having family or at least that is how I envision it to be. Probably like what you have with your sister. I don't have a sister, so I am guessing. Maybe I make too much out of it and have watched to much tv. But in my head it sounds nice...lol. I think of like this, if I have an awful craving at 2am I could call my friend and she would talk me out of it. If I woke my mom or husband up I would get a yelling...lol.

Well, that's my friend rant.

I am not weighing myself again until Tuesday. Maybe I will measure myself tomorrow, it will have been a week since last measure. This weekend we are taking a family trip to Wild Adventures for the Halloween Fest. So I will get some more walking in.

Hope everyone has a Wonderful day!

Last edited by mjgh06; 10-17-2013 at 07:02 AM..
mjgh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

I think I may have somehow fallen out of ketosis. I noticed today that I no longer have the ketosis breath. Thinking about a fat fast, but don't really know the benefits when the food list is mostly out of what is allowed on Induction.

Changed my picture back...felt bad seeing it knowing that's not me now.

Last edited by mjgh06; 10-17-2013 at 07:32 PM..
Old 10-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

I Weighed today.
Starting measurements
upper arm 14.5
bust 41
rib cage 35
waist 37
stomach 43
hips 45
upper thigh 25.5

Today's Measurements
upper arm 13 -1.5
bust 39 -2
rib cage 35
waist 37
stomach 40 -3
hips 45
upper thigh 25.5

I like that I have lost some inches, but it's not coming from where I need it to lose. I need a change in my hips and thighs. I have always been a pear-shape, and I guess I always will be. I hate that, but I guess that part is genetics.

Last edited by mjgh06; 10-18-2013 at 09:17 AM..
Old 10-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Hey...losing is losing. Don't beat yourself up that it isn't where you want it to be. It will all melt off eventually~we hope! I think you are doing fabulous. Especially since you had a rough start with the eating. Have you tried buying ketosticks? They sell them in the pharmacy. They are used for diabetics as well. Funny...diabetics want to avoid ketosis, and we want ketosis. We are using the sticks to get INTO it, and they use the sticks to STAY OUT of it. Anyways...they are handy. Whenever I doubt myself, I just pee on one of those bad boys and check if I am in ketosis or not. Hint-if it is pink or purple, you are in ketosis. You are either in or out, no different levels of it. The less water you drink the darker the color.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:16 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

So I am back from our mini-vac. Had a wonderful time walking around, AND I stayed on plan. Yeah!! No cheating. Didn't get as much water in as I usually do, $3.00 a bottle there. But I managed to get in 8x8 mostly before or after.

Funny story - we went to WA for the kid-o-ween fest and ended up staying Sat night into the Terror of the Wild. Well, we knew where the haunted areas were, so we kept the kids away from there. But what we didn't know is that at night some of the safe areas would have 'creatures' that would just pop up along the walk ways. So we were walking from one ride to another one across the park and out pops this man dressed as a zombie. Well, my first reaction was to hit...lol I punched the guy in the chest, not even thinking just reacting. He fell backwards into a wall. All I could say was that I was sorry. The kids were laughing and saying 'yeah just beat up the zombies'. My husband got mad at me for hitting the man, saying he didn't do anything but jump out. I was like, well I always told you I don't go to haunted houses, not because they scare me, but because my first reaction is to hit when I get shocked. I can't control it, it's just a gut reaction. Anyways, I don't think the poor guy will be jumping out at anyone else for a little while.

I still haven't lost anymore weight. I know I said I wouldn't use the scale until Tuesday, but I had to know. I gained back up to 184 and it is not coming down. I don't know what is going on with that.

I forgot to update this weeks menu as well. But I looked back at last week and I didn't cook most of the meal list. Don't really know what happened there. So I am going to use part of it and add a few days to it.

Monday
Bacon Beef Rolls
Cabbage

Tuesday
Swiss Mushroom Chicken
Fried Rice (cauliflower)
Side salad

Wednesday
Phil-cheesburger Skillet

Thursday
Southwest Taco Soup

Friday
Thin Crust Pizza (finally found parchment paper)

Saturday
Leftovers

Sunday
Pork Roast
Baked Green Beans
Radish Red-skinned Potatoes

Last edited by mjgh06; 10-21-2013 at 06:18 AM..
Old 10-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Now that is funny I saw a youtube video before of a guy going onto someone's porch trick or treating. And, there was a scarecrow on the porch next to a bowl of candy with a note that said take one. The guy took a candy, the scarecrow moved, and the guy punched him in the face! Then took off running because he was scared. It was funny to watch, buy you are right, when you play those kinds of tricks on people, you can not predict what the outcome will be!!!

Glad you found the parchment paper My kids loved that deep dish pizza I made last week. So did my sister! What are bacon beef rolls? That sounds yummy!

When the scale isn't moving, up your fat intake or measure yourself instead. That is my rule of thumb. If I wake up and the scale is the same, I pop a fat bomb.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

The Bacon Beef Roll recipe came from Linda Sue, but I modified my way.

2lbs ground beef
1 pack of bacon
2 eggs
1 tsp spiced mustard
season salt
garlic powder
6 pizza flavored string cheese

Preheat oven to 375

Mix ground beef with mustard, seasonings and eggs.

Make a flat patty. Place 1 string cheese in center and fold meat over it and form into a mini-roll (shouldn't be able to see any cheese). Repeat for five other meat rolls.

Take each meat roll and cover with 1 and half slices of bacon.

Line baking sheet with non-stick tinfoil and place rolls on it. Bake for 50 mins. Then turn broiler on and broil for an additional 8 mins

I think I may have found out why no loss. I looked back over my info and I have been eating a lot of protein this last week. Sometimes up to 90+ grams. I should be keeping it closer to 50g a day. Just a thought. I will try to lower it this week and see if that helps.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Measured and weighed today :

Weight Changes
10/5 200
10/8 192.1
10/10 186.4 (TOM start)
10/15 181.8 (TOM...)
10/16 184.6 (TOM end)
10/22 182.8

10/5/13 measurements
upper arm 14.5
bust 41
rib cage 35
waist 37
stomach 43
hips 45
upper thigh 25.5

10/17/13 Measurements
upper arm 13 -1.5
bust 39 -2
rib cage 35
waist 37
stomach 40 -3
hips 45
upper thigh 25.5

10/22/13 Measurements
ua 14 +1
bust 38.5 -.5
rib cage 33.5 -1.5
waist 37.5 +.5
stomach 42 +2
hip 45
upper thigh 25 -.5
Old 10-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Good for you on the weightloss!!!! Thats a pretty good amount I am def making those rollups this week. I have all the ingredients in my fridge, except the string cheese. I didn't know they had "pizza flavored" string cheese? I will have to look for it.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:06 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

My mom took me shopping at GW this afternoon. I can say I now fit comfortably into a size 14 pants and a Large shirt. WOW! Goodbye to my XL and 1x shirts! My pants 16's are a little loose and 18's are baggy. But I went through my closet and I really am scared to get rid of all my 16 and 18's. SO I made the decision to NOT get rid of them just yet. I did move the 18's to the lower rack so I grab my 16's or my two new pair of size 14's. And I got rid of three of my XL and all my 1x shirts replaced with the four L shirts I got today.
Funny how it is easier for me to get rid of the shirts than it is the pants. The pants are kind of a security blanket for me, I guess.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

I have not gotten rid of any clothes yet, nor have I bought any. I have to wear a belt daily, and my butt is all loose now in my 16's, but I don't want to go shopping just quite yet. Afraid that tomorrow I will right back to where I was and need those clothes again
Old 10-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

10/5 and 10/19 -16#

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/photop.../ppuser/203646

Last edited by mjgh06; 10-22-2013 at 01:56 PM..
Old 10-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Wow, you can really see how red my face is in the picture above. Didn't know it was looking that bad.

So tonite I made the chicken and fried cauli. The family absolutely loved the fried cauli and thought it was fried rice. Ha ha. Now it will become a staple in our house and I'm not telling...

Okay today is usually a DD for me which means fasting, but as I am in my 3rd week now, I am eating on DD keeping it under 500 cals and high in fat, med on protein, and under 10 carbs. I did very well. I had two cups of coffee with 4tbs HWC total, a boiled egg, and 1/4 cup of the fried rice. TTL 374 cal, 33.5g fat, 9g protein, 3.8 net carbs. We shall see how this works after two weeks. If I don't lose, I try something else, but I do want to eventually get to where I can eat something everyday if I feel like eating.

Last edited by mjgh06; 10-22-2013 at 03:58 PM..
Old 10-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Well, I am up again. Can't sleep - a million and one things running through my head, and my legs are restless. Usually I don't have that problem, my husband has the restless leg syndrome. But when I get it, I can't sleep. Weird seeings how it never keeps my husband awake - he swears he doesn't have it. I am going to watch my diet and keep track to see if there is an association somewhere.

I forgot to take my vitamins today.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

I just got home from work. Sometimes I can't sleep at night either, its like my body keeps twitching. I wonder if it is from some type of food allergy? I don't have it all the time. The pics look awesome
Old 10-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

After I picked up my DD from school, I stopped at CVS and got some of the ketosticks. I tested when I got home. It was as dark purple as it can get, so I AM in ketosis even though I am NOT losing. If it is dark that is supposed to mean you need more water? I drink right at a gallon a day. I don't think I can drink anymore...I will blow up like a puffer fish..

Off to Awanas tonite. It my turn to do the group storytelling. Mine is The Fruit of The Spirit from Galatians 5:22. I found a story online about a thorn bush and an apple tree. I think it will go over well, and I don't think I will freeze up because it's kids mostly. Wish me Good Luck!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Have fun! I love working with little kids

Yeah, the darker the purple, it just means you need more water. I don't know why it would be so dark if you are already drinking that much water. Half of your weight is what you are supposed to drink in ounces. BUT...its a nice encouragement that you ARE in ketosis Congrats!! That is the main goal.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:41 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Oh the fall weather came in with a bang this morning. It is WONDERFUL! I was able to wear a light sweater this morning. Coffee tastes so much better when it is cold outside.

Awanas went well. I talked through the story a little fast being nervous, but that's okay. They want Hannah to start coming to children's church Sundays so she can be in the Christmas play. Hannah said, "Sure, why not." I said, "you don't have to if you don't want to ya know. " Her response, "Well they really need a kid that can sing, so I'll do it.". Yep that is my very self-confident, nothing like me, DD.

I weighed myself again this morning. 182.6 Hopefully the weight will stay down and not jump back up. I am not going to get excited about the 'loss' just yet. See if it holds for a couple days. Last time it shot right back up to 184, so not holding my breath.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:00 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Weight today = 181.4

Measurements

10/25/13
UArm 13.5
Bust 39
Rib area 34.5
Waist(really think I never measure the same place here as my waist and stomach all seem to go together) - 38
Stomach 42.5
Hips 45
UThigh 24.5

History

10/5/13 measurements
upper arm 14.5
bust 41
rib cage 35
waist 37
stomach 43
hips 45
upper thigh 25.5

10/17/13 Measurements
upper arm 13 -1.5
bust 39 -2
rib cage 35
waist 37
stomach 40 -3
hips 45
upper thigh 25.5

10/22/13 Measurements
ua 14 +1
bust 38.5 -.5
rib cage 33.5 -1.5
waist 37.5 +.5
stomach 42 +2
hip 45
upper thigh 25 -.5

Weight Changes
10/5 200
10/8 192.1
10/10 186.4 (TOM start)
10/15 181.8 (TOM...)
10/16 184.6 (TOM end)
10/22 182.8
10/24 182.6
Old 10-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

I FINALLY got to make Linda Sue's Thin and Crispy Pizza. I had parchment paper - Yeah!
It was oh so delish! The only problem is pizza has always been my downfall and like always I ate to much. I had two full servings, and had to stop myself from going back for more. We all prefer thin crust, so everyone was very happy with it.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:23 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

I forgot to do next week's menu.

Repeat of our favs over the last two weeks:

Monday
Enchilada pie

Tuesday
Breaded chicken cutlets
broccoli salad

Wednesday
Taco soup

Thursday
Cheesy Chicken casserole

Friday
Hamburgers and Hotdogs (because it is my DH day to cook)

Saturday
Gyro and greek salad

Sunday
Pork roast
Green beans
Radish potatoes

Maybe I'll post the recipes for how I do them, because I never follow the true recipe. I am also going to make some LS lc desserts this week to try out. I don't use sugar or AS in anything, so it will be trial and error to see what we like. I know I will do gummy worms for Hannah.

Last edited by mjgh06; 10-25-2013 at 06:25 PM..
Old 10-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday was really a nice day. I weighed in and made it under the 180 mark at 179.8. Then we all went to a church fall festival. We go to the same one every year even though we don't go to that church. Me, Hannah, my parents and my brother and his family all went. John had to work. It was very nice. Hannah and I always look for areas they need help with and just jump in. I think we both have more fun helping than we do playing the games. So we spent most of the day painting kids' hair. We did do all the games at least once, rode the hay ride and rode the horses. That made me want to get a horse again. I miss being able to ride the trails in the fall.

Then last night Hannah spent the night with her grandparents, and me and John went to the animal auction. We got seven more hens, and then I made John mad because I got a guinea pig for Hannah. It was so cute and came with a full cage set-up, food, bedding, treats, and hay. I just couldn't pass it up. But I do get bidding fever and overpaid for it I think. It is a sweetheart though and I knew the owner so I know she was well taken care of. They were getting rid of it because they just don't have time for it anymore.

This morning was animal day here on the ranch. After feeding everyone, I trimmed the chickens' wings, and clipped the goats' and rabbits' feet. Of course we did all the normal once a month maintenance checks. So it was a busy morning. I didn't have time to eat breakfast. But I did eat around 11:30 and will eat again around 2 to make up for it.

This afternoon we are going to pick Hannah up and go to her other grandparents to visit. I am very happy she gets to see both sets of GPs as we all live within 20 miles of each other. I never got to know my GPs because we lived states away. I just wish we lived near other families with children Hannah's age so she could have friends nearby. But she is true and true farmgirl and would probably want to be around the animals more than them.

Have a wonderful day !
Old 10-28-2013, 12:34 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Recapping Diet So far

Day One 10/5/13 weight 200lbs
52.3g Fat; 44.8g protein; 8 net carbs; 685.9 cals; 71%/26%/3%
Water - 14x8
B - Cup of reg. coffee with 2.5 tbs of Heavy Whipping Cream; 1 serving of Linda Sue's Bacon/Cheese Quiche
L - Cup of coffee with 1 tsp coffee mate creamer
D- 1 serving of BBQ pulled pork

Day two 10/6/13
Fast day
Water - 16x8
two cups coffee with 1tsp coffee mate creamer

Day three 10/7/13
106.61g fat; 84.5g protein; 14.8 net carbs; 1377.9 cals; 72%/25%/3%
water - 14x8
B -cup coffee with 2tbs Heavy whipping cream; 1 serving of Linda Sue's Bacon/Cheese Quiche
S - chicken thigh w/skin baked
L - 1 cup romaine lettuce; 1/4 cup chopped hard boiled egg; 5 cherry tomatoes; 3 slices of banana chili peppers; 1 pickled okra; 1 tbs ranch dressing
S - 1 tbs olive oil from spoon
D - peanut chicken stir-fry = 3oz chicken breast w/skin sliced, 1/4 cup coconut milk from can, 2 tbs Jiffy peanut butter, 1/2 cup broccoli florets

Day four 10/8/13 weight 192.1 lbs
Fast Day
Water 18x8
two cups coffee with 1.5 tbs heavy whipping cream

Day five 10/9/13
115.94g fat; 88.6g protein; 6.3 net carbs; 1429.9 cals; 72%/25%/3%
Water - 14x8
B - 1 serving meatloaf = 4oz ground beef, 1 tbs ketchup, 1 egg, 2.7oz shredded cheddar; 1 serving smashed cauliflower = 1/2 cup smashed cauliflower, 1 tbs margarine, 1.3 tbs HWC; 1 serving broccoli salad = 1/2 cup broccoli florets, 1 slice bacon, 1 tbs mayo, 1oz shredded cheddar
L - no lunch
D - 6oz ribeye smothered with 1 tbs mayo

Day six 10/10/13 weight 186.4 lbs
Fast Day
Water 16x8

Day seven 10/11/13 weight 184.6 lbs
83.84g fat; 62.9g protein; 9.8 net carbs; 1066.6 cals; 72%/24%4%
Water - 14x8
B - 1/4 cup avocado slice; 1 serving of Linda Sue's Bacon/Cheese Quiche
L - 1 cup romaine lettuce, 1/4 cup broccoli florets, .5oz shredded cheddar, .5oz ground beef, 3 slice banana peppers, 5 cherry tomatoes, 1 tbs HWC
D - sausage stir-fry = 2oz pork sausage links chopped, 1/4 cup shredded cheddar, 1 slice bacon, 3 slices yellow bell pepper, 1 slice red bell pepper, 1 egg

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS WEEK ONE = 15.4 pounds

Week Two Induction

Day eight 10/12/13 weight 183.4 lbs
Fast Day
Water - 16x8
1 cup of coffee with 1tbs HWC

Day nine 10/13/13
74.3g fat; 55.37g protein; 11.45 net carbs; 974 cals; 69%/25%/6%
Water 14x8
B - 1 large fried egg, 3 sausage links, 2 slices avocado
L - 1/2 serving sausage stir-fry
D - 1 slice pork roast, 3 cooked baby carrots, 2 servings of turnip augratin

Day ten 10/14/13 weight 181.4 lbs
Fast Day
Water 14x8

Day eleven 10/15/13 weight 181.8 lbs
108.84g fat; 69.99g protein; 10.57 net carbs; 1309 cals; 75%/21%/4%
Water - 14x8
B - 1 serving Bacon/cheese quiche
L - 1 chicken roll = 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, 1/2 cup shredded Italian blend cheese, 1/4 tsp artichoke dip, 1/4 tsp margarine, 2oz chicken broth, 1/4 tsp HWC, 1/5 cup mushrooms; 1/2 cup romaine lettuce; 1 celery stalk chopped; 3 slices banana peppers; 1.5 tbs ranch dressing
D - 1 serving sausage stir-fry, 2 tbs margarine, 2 tbs olive oil

Day twelve 10/16/13 weight 184.6 lbs
Fast Day
Water - 14x8

Day thirteen 10/17/13 weight 183.6 lbs

95.8g fat; 53.14g protein; 5.75 net carbs; 1127 cals; 77%/21%/2%
Water - 16x8
B - 1 serving Bacon.Cheese quiche, 1 cup coffee with 2 tbs HWC
L - 1 hamburger patty, 1 slice cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup romaine lettuce, 1 tbs mayo
D - 2 all beef hot dogs

Day fourteen 10/18/13
Fast Day
Water 14x8

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS WEEK TWO = GAIN .2lbs

Week Three

Day fifteen 10/19/13
85.11g fat; 89.86g protein; 7.54 net carbs; 1182 cals; 65%/32%/3%
Water 14x8
B - 4oz dark meat chicken, 1 slice bacon, 1 celery stalk chopped, 1 stick colby jack cheese chopped, 2 tbs HWC
L - 2oz pork roast chopped, 3oz chicken breast chopped, 1oz ground beef, 1 cup shredded lettuce, 1/4 cup shredded mexican blend cheese, 1 tbs sour cream, 2 tbs black olives chopped
D - 1 can sardines in mustard, 1 celery stalk sliced, 1 tbs mayo, 3 tbs HWC

Day sixteen 10/20/13
Fast Day
Water 16x8

Day seventeen 10/21/13 weight 183.6 lbs
52.43g fat; 51.64g protein; 5.54 net carbs; 732 cals; 64%/30%/6%
Water 14x8
B - 1/2 seving Bacon/Cheese quiche
L - 1 cup romaine lettuce, 1/2 cup boiled cabbage, 1/4 of hamburger patty chopped, 1/2 of small chicken thigh chopped, 1/8 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
D -1/2 cup boiled cabbage, 3 slices bacon, 3oz ground beef, 1/2 serving lemon fat bomb

Day 18 - 10/22/13 weight 182.8 lbs
33.5g fat; 9.23g protein; 2.54 net carbs; 374 cals; 81%/15%/4%
Water 16x8
B - no breakfast
L - 1 large hard boiled egg; 1/2 cup fried cauliflower
S - 2 cups coffee with 4 tbs HWC
D - no dinner

Day 19 - 10/23/13
89.55g fat; 57.47g protein; 5.35 net carbs; 1106cals; 73%/25%/2%
Water 14x8
B - 1 serving Bacon/cheese quiche, 2 cups coffee with 1.5 tbs HWC
L - 1 bacon beef roll = 1.5 slices bacon, 1/8 tsp spicy mustard, 1/8 tsp garlic powder, 1 pizza string cheese, 1/3 egg, 5oz ground beef; 1/8 cup shredded mexican blend cheese; 1/4 cup boiled cabbage
D - No Dinner

Day 20 - 10/24/13 weight 182.6 lbs
46.6g fat; 15.31g protein; 3.88 net carbs; 530 cals; 79%/17%/4%
Water 14x8
B - two cups coffee with 4 tbs HWC
L- no lunch
D - 2 cups taco soup = 2oz ground beef, .5 oz chopped onion, 4.5 oz chicken broth, 1.5 tbs HWC, 1/8 cup Rotel, seasonings.

Day 21 - 10/25/13 weight 181.4 lbs
108.15g fat; 81.65g protein; 7.38 net carbs; 1360cals; 72%/26%/2%
Water 16x8
B - 2 medium fried eggs, 1/2 serving taco soup, 1 cup coffee with 1tbs HWC
L - no lunch
D - 2 slices of meatza cheese pizza = 1/2 cup shredded gouda, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, 1.5 slices bacon, 1/2 egg, 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper, 4 oz ground beef, 3 oz ground sausage

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS WEEK THREE - 2.2lbs
TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS To Date - 18.6 lbs

Last edited by mjgh06; 10-28-2013 at 12:46 AM..
Old 10-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

How do you remember every thing you have eaten? Lol. I can barely remember yesterday what I ate
Old 10-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

I don't ...lol I write it down in my excel spreadsheet as soon as I eat it.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:29 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Having a thoughtful day - that's what I call my days when my brain constantly runs. Just thinking about everything. We have a funeral to go to Thursday afternoon (John's Aunt passed away), and it's Halloween.

Yesterday, I was so busy..I picked up Hannah from school and went to Wallyworld to get a few things. Got home and didn't have time to really cook anything big, plus Hannah had a lot of homework. I got frustrated and yelled at her to just do it. She was so upset, she called my mom to come over. Then when she got here, I found out from her that Hannah had a bad day at school. I just felt horrible. I hadn't even asked Hannah how her day had been. She had got in trouble for wearing pants they thought were leggings (they weren't), and then got in trouble because she was telling another student to get back in line because the girl had cut in front of her. The teacher didn't know that part and just heard Hannah talking in line. She messed up on one of her papers and tore it. Just a bad day for her and then she comes home to a mom who is yelling at her to do her homework. UGGGGHHH. I could kick myself. I didn't sleep at all last night thinking about it, and then my dog Sammy was sick all night too so I had to keep getting up to let him out.

I so thought I would have gained pounds this morning, but I lost another pound. So I worry about that. Am I losing to much to fast. Do I really want to lose weight - not really. Do I need to - probably, okay yes.

So cleaning house today to keep busy. We ended up getting two roosters unknowingly, so they will either become dinner or sold. Of course they are crowing, and dogs are coming around. So I have been dealing with that this morning as well.

I actually want to start walking at the park. It's not very far, but I am to scared to walk around alone. It is a very safe park. I just have my own insecurities and issues. I worry to much about everything. Anyways I have been beating myself up about all this this morning. And I so look forward to when my husband gets home and asks like he does every day - What did you do today? I know he does it out of love, but I hear You lazy didn't do anything all day did you. That's my prob, not his. Probably should not have stopped my meds again, but I lose weight so much better off them than on them. And I hate the zoned out feeling when on them. It's like I am just floating around and not really existing. I don't feel one way or another about anything - no feelings, just here, not happy, not sad. But it doesn't get rid of the worrying, overthinking. That is always there.

Ok, stop thinking.

My weight this morning was 176.4 I thought that was to low, so I added a pound to it - 177.6.

Last edited by mjgh06; 10-29-2013 at 09:31 AM..
Old 10-29-2013, 11:36 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

How are you doing? Are you okay with this weight loss? Is it the right thing for you? I just read your post on the other forum, and I feel your pain. Just remember, do what you think is right for you, or else you will be torturing yourself. Screw what society thinks is right. If you try to lose weight, and you aren't comfortable with it, you might end up gaining even MORE in the long run. No need to stress.

It always sucks when we get angry at the littles, and they don't deserve it. I feel that way sometimes with my Christian. I forget that he has had a day too, not just me. He has issues with getting homework done, and sometimes I get frustrated with it. Not his fault. He's only a kid, but it happens.

I, too, had an issue with taking my meds. For hypothyroid. And, now I have done irreparable damage to myself. Try to keep in mind that your thyroid meds AREN'T meds...they are hormones that your body is NOT creating. Without it, your mind is deteriorating. I am 38 and already showing signs of dimensia I have not taken my meds correctly for the past 6 years. I finally came clean with my doctor this last visit, and he ended up putting me on a mild antidepressant. I just told him that I take the meds, then it hits me that I didn't gain weight until I started the meds and I get frustrated that they don't work, so I stop taking them. For like a few weeks. Then I realize I need them, and start them over again It has been like this for 6 years now. I have really messed up the chemical balance in my brain and I don't know if I can fix it. Maybe it's time to have a heart to heart with your doctor. Talk to him about your concerns with losing weight. Be honest about taking your meds. He may be able to help more than you think he can. AND...there is a doctor confidentiality...he won't talk about it to anyone.

I hope you feel better...and STOP overthinking I will be thinking about you.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

I am okay Lisa. Thank you for your concern. Just trying to get rid of a lot of baggage - cleaning out the glove compartment so to speak. I'll take my weight loss by how I look and feel in the mirror and my health. I know I can do 150 easily. It is over the range of healthy weight for my height and frame, but I had no issues there before. I had thought I was large framed, but my doctor checked my bone structure and I am considered small frame (how?) which puts the recommended weight 123-136. News I just got this week.

It wasn't the thyroid meds I stopped. It was my pysch meds. I am working with the nutritionist to find alternatives for it. I am just so ready to get off all theses meds. But I know it is a process just like everything else. I just can't believe in ten years I went from no meds to taking about 30 pills a day. Maybe I'll list what I all I have/diagnosed with. It is to hard to keep up with it all. My mom has that responsibility. My mind just can't do it. She is my power of attorney as I am on disability.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Okay so a better day today. I have made my breakfast quiches for the next 2 weeks, and I made the pumpkin bake - will try it later this evening or in the morning.

Measured today.
UA - 13.5
Bust - 38.5
Ribs - 34.5
Waist - 38
Stomach - 42
Hips - 44
U Thigh - 24

History

10/5/13 measurements
upper arm 14.5
bust 41
rib cage 35
waist 37
stomach 43
hips 45
upper thigh 25.5

10/17/13 Measurements
upper arm 13 -1.5
bust 39 -2
rib cage 35
waist 37
stomach 40 -3
hips 45
upper thigh 25.5

10/22/13 Measurements
ua 14 +1
bust 38.5 -.5
rib cage 33.5 -1.5
waist 37.5 +.5
stomach 42 +2
hip 45
upper thigh 25 -.5

10/25/13
UArm 13.5
Bust 39
Rib area 34.5
Waist(really think I never measure the same place here as my waist and stomach all seem to go together) - 38
Stomach 42.5
Hips 45
UThigh 24.5

Weight Changes
10/5 200
10/8 192.1
10/10 186.4 (TOM start)
10/15 181.8 (TOM...)
10/16 184.6 (TOM end)
10/22 182.8
10/24 182.6
10/25 181.4