Old 03-17-2014, 10:52 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/224/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
6 months in, 50 lbs. down! :)

My morning:
:yawn: 228.6 Hmm, ok, not bad. It's moving.

...wait? what!? That means...

I HAVE LOST 50 LBS!!!!!!!!!!!

Despite a life time of dieting, I have never been able to say that before! 10 lbs. here, 15 lbs there, 25 before my wedding, but never 50 in one go at it. I'm proud of myself for getting here, even though it's not even my half-way point, and I'm extra thankful for the support I receive on this site, which has helped me stay focused and keep at it even when I have felt discouraged, so thank you all! Thank you for the encouragement and silent inspiration, sometimes all I need is to know that it can be done, when it often feels impossible.

I had my assessment at the gym on Saturday, it was an hour and a half of testing and I received some very valuable knowledge specific to my personal needs. It's interesting what all a little drop of blood and a few machines can tell about someone. Overall he approved of my LC diet, just asked me make sure I'm eating enough food and to add some fish oil and drink more water, consistently, not just when I feel like it. We talked about where my heart rate should be when working out, and how often I should do certain types of exercise. I felt like I learned really something and look forward to monitoring my progress on a scientific level, using more than just a scale. The numbers were disappointing of course, since I still have 70-80 lbs to go, but I think it was eye opening to see it all printed on paper and to have something to compare in the future. The good news is that my cholesterol and glucose are at good levels, especially considering my weight. In nicer words, he said he would have expected them to be much higher based on what he normally sees in people with this much weight to lose and mine are actually pretty much where they need to be. So, I guess my diet is still helping me behind the scenes, even when the scale won't cooperate. I also learned that my flexibility sucks, my heart rate gets way too elevated way too quickly, and I can only do 15 pushups per minute -- so I have a lot of work to do.

Happy Monday every one!

:: My Journal ::

Don't give up what you want most, for what you want right now.
br3n is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2014, 11:18 AM   #212
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
I'm so so so proud of you!!!

Wow I can't even wait to get to 50 lbs! Feels like it's been way too long with me saying I wanna lose 30 I guess I best get my butt in gear around here!

Your assessment sounds like what this gym around the corner from me does...is yours Lifetime Fitness? I've toyed with the idea of going, but I'm absolutely terrified by the sheer volume of this building to even step foot inside of it Also, it's pretty $$$$ so I haven't wanted to waste the money on something if I blow it and go off the rails.. Altho' I may need to revisit this and just do it and own that journey......

and lady, I dunno about anyone else, but I'm impressed with those 15 push-ups! I don't think I can do that many

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:06 PM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I'm so so so proud of you!!!

Wow I can't even wait to get to 50 lbs! Feels like it's been way too long with me saying I wanna lose 30 I guess I best get my butt in gear around here!

Your assessment sounds like what this gym around the corner from me does...is yours Lifetime Fitness? I've toyed with the idea of going, but I'm absolutely terrified by the sheer volume of this building to even step foot inside of it Also, it's pretty $$$$ so I haven't wanted to waste the money on something if I blow it and go off the rails.. Altho' I may need to revisit this and just do it and own that journey......

and lady, I dunno about anyone else, but I'm impressed with those 15 push-ups! I don't think I can do that many
Lol! Thanks Danielle!

Yes, it is Lifetime! I totally understand that feeling, I've been driving by it for 5 years now and have always been intimidated by the fact that the building and parking lot look more like that of a shopping mall than a gym, but their swim lessons were cheaper than our other option, so I went for it! Honestly, the fact that it is huge and not a tiny, intimate gym helps my anxiety because there's enough machines & space to do my own thing without having people surrounding me. The classes are another story, I'm super anxious about those, but I think the benefits may outweigh my issues. We'll see. I'm really impressed so far though! You should really check it out if you're thinking about it. I signed up in Feb when they offered $0 fees, free swim lessons and only require 30 days notice to cancel at any time -- no contracts. So, if it doesn't pan out, I won't be out too much money.

And you will definitely get there in time!!! You're doing great!

Last edited by br3n; 03-17-2014 at 12:10 PM..
Old 03-17-2014, 12:14 PM   #214
Blabbermouth!!!

So funny it's the same gym! I'm going to talk to DH about it tonight.
The valley is known for the skinny plastic girls and I'm not really excited about having to square off at a treadmill with one of them
I think if I had someone to go with would be immensely easier.... So hurry up and move here so we can go already!
Old 03-17-2014, 12:52 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wish
Stats: 215/183/145
WOE: Atkins/ketogenic
Start Date: January 18 2014
Don't be intimidated by the classes or you may miss something that really works for you and that you really enjoy! When I first went to my strollersize class all I could see around me was super athletic lean fit women that just popped their babies out, here I am with a 2 and a half year old and 50 extra lbs on me, I wasn't fit enough so I had to modify everything and go at my own pace. I just became good at focusing on myself and not thinking about what I looked like. After a few sessions I noticed women of all shapes and fitness levels. I am so glad that I went because I love it so much and it is really shaping my body in a way that walking or even running didn't. good luck
wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:31 PM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So funny it's the same gym! I'm going to talk to DH about it tonight.
The valley is known for the skinny plastic girls and I'm not really excited about having to square off at a treadmill with one of them
I think if I had someone to go with would be immensely easier.... So hurry up and move here so we can go already!
Haha! OR you could move here! The smaller gyms I've been part of were not for me, but surprisingly I'm really enjoying this one. Then again, now that I'm 30 & married with a kiddo-- I just don't care what people think anymore. Obviously I know I need to lose weight if I'm at the gym, so anyone with an issue can buzz off. I'm not sure if all locations are exactly the same, but I'll be happy to answer any questions if you want to PM me.

Thanks Wish ~ I do enjoy the hydro class so I intend to stick with that one for a while and take baby steps toward the more intense ones.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:30 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Holyyy Molyyy. I decided to try the strength training class last night and now I can barely walk. It was intense, too intense for me, but I tried it. I don't know if I'll be rushing back any time soon- but I at least learned some great exercises to do on my own with just a few barbells. An hour was just too much for this newbie, but, once again -- I learned something.

5 sets of 15 each: pushups & Russian twists with a medicine ball
5 sets of 15 each: barbell curls & weighted lunges
5 sets of 15 each: pushups & barbell squat/push in the air thingies
5 sets of 15 each: heavy weight rows & pushups

Those are the only ones I can remember, I ended up leaving 15 minutes early when my muscles were already like jello and he wanted us to do these weird backwards pushups. Eh, that was a broken arm/shoulder waiting to happen so I hit the treadmill for my last 15 minutes. By the time my hour was up I wasn't sure if I could even make it down the stairs to my car. On the plus side-- I've never more thankful for plain ol' cardio, which is the bulk of my focus right now -- but I am glad I tried the class and got my 1 day of ST in for the week. I think I might try the circuit machines next week and work my way back up to the classes.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:45 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/210/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
WOW, Bren!! Congrats on the 50 pound loss, that's so awesome!! And go you for trying another class! That sounds brutal to me, haha. I'm not really exercising right now so I'm thinking about adding it to my routine soon. I was trying to wait a bit longer so it wouldn't be so much stress on my feet and knees, but I think I might be ready for a little cardio. You've got me inspired!
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:50 AM   #219
Blabbermouth!!!

I've always done the bigger chain gyms...and just very disenchanted with them... wanting training was what I was after but always feeling harassed to follow their food program or by their products at the gym... I don't like that! Just teach me what I'm paying you for...how to lift so I don't kill myself, and about cardio best suited for my body...that's it!

I just saw a segment on GMA this morning from a celebrity trainer and the discussion was about how women can have the same positive effects from dieting and exercise...he said women need to not be afraid to lift weights.... that the only way to achieve physical changes is by lifting.. Which I think I agree with after reading so many transformational stories lately where women have professed to "lifting heavy" and finding spectacular results from it.. something to think about for sure, on my part at least!

Good for you for trying the class!! A whole hour right off the bat, yeah, I'd have been mush 30 min. it Can't wait to see how you start to progress in the coming weeks, all very exciting!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:03 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Oh man, day 2 of hobbling around like I was hit by a car. Definitely staying away from that class for a while!

Thanks Lauren!

Danielle, I caught the preview of that segment. I'd love to lift heavy, someday! My DH has a massive setup in the garage but I tried to use them once and failed miserably. I was over it in about 30 seconds. I think I'm going to use the machines at the gym until I build some strength, and then take it to the next level. But, lifting is something I've always been interested in and could probably maintain long term, I just have to get to that point first.

Lifetime is my first big gym-- they definitely want to make you aware of their services and supplements, but I didn't feel pressured by the guy I worked with & he also took the time to go over the services that are free, which I appreciated. Since I signed up with an online sales person, I was also spared the huge selling lecture--just had to meet with the guy at my local gym for a few minutes to set up my assessment. I hate pushy sales people too! I'm the girl who will buy the damn product just to get them to stop talking, lol...but luckily I didn't feel that way this time.

I'm feeling rough today!!! I took yesterday off from working out, giving my body time to rest. My plan for today is to hop on my elliptical, no matter how painful, and then back to the gym tomorrow for the hydro class. Little man starts his swim lessons on Saturday, so I'll squeeze in a workout either before or after depending on our schedule.

Yesterday:
B~ Atkins Bar (I know, I know - back to eggs this morning!)
L~ Steak salad @ Chipotle
D~ Beef taco salad w/queso
S~ String cheese & pepperoni stick
No Coffee.
101 oz water ~ A little short.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:28 AM   #221
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep, cannot tell you how many things I've bought just to get someone to STFU! And for whatever reason, when I contemplated going back to a gym, I found myself getting extra feisty at the idea of having to fend off these people trying to shove their supps and protein drinks down my throat! So I've not done much about finding anything out...

I love weights and I think one of the reasons why I get so uppity about wanting to get going with exercise is I want to be able to lift heavy and also enjoy crossfit somewhere...definitely intrigued by all of that!

Invest in a foam roller...it is heaven! Will make your muscles feel SOOOOOO good after a workout, especially if you're sore..
Old 03-19-2014, 09:02 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Yeah, that would frustrate me-- but at this place they've only mentioned them once and it wasn't too bad. I think they offer a free trial pass -- you should try it out and see how you feel, just give them a fake phone number in case they try to stalk you.

I will have to try that roller! Or hit the spa.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:06 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Completely forgot to weigh this morning, I guess that's a good thing. I'm heading to the gym after work, hopefully in time to catch my water aerobics class.

Yesterday:
~B: Scrambled egg bowl w/sausage & cheese
~L: 1/4 roasted chicken, green beans, salad with ranch
~S: Salted pecans & a coconut almond bar
~D: 1/2 roasted chicken, too tired to mess with sides
Old 03-20-2014, 11:54 AM   #224
Blabbermouth!!!

I'll be good and bide my time.....wait for Ms Jillian to make her appearance and see what happens! She's gonna try to kill me, just sayin....

I guess forgetting to weigh is a good thing, huh? I had a hard time sleeping last night knowing that I had weigh in this morning...

Have fun at the gym tonight...enjoy that water class sounds amazing!
Old 03-21-2014, 07:26 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Thanks D ~ The class is amazing, I love it. We had a sub yesterday so I was thinking oh great--this person has no idea how to do this--but it turns out she worked us harder than the original instructor.

Well, I guess forgetting to weigh yesterday was a good thing, because I went ahead and weighed this morning and I'm totally bummed that I'm up a lb. - bouncing back and forth between 228/229 now instead of 230/231, so that's what - 2 lbs in 2 months?? Ridiculous. I just don't get it. I'm doing everything I'm supposed to be. For the first time in my entire life I'm working out and eating what I'm supposed to. With 70-80 lbs to go, I just don't understand why it's stalling already. It just really is disappointing. My husband's grandpa passed away last week, so he went to his hometown for about 5 days. He started off on plan but eventually hit up his favorite places that he misses: burgers, fried fish, hot fudge sundaes. No issues on the scale for him! In fact, I believe he's down a pound. Life just isn't fair. I really don't know what more I can do. I'll keep at my plan, as the time will pass anyway, I just don't get it.

Yesterday:
B~egg & sausage scramble
L~burger "steak" with bacon and cheese + broccoli + salad
S~ 2 Tillamook cheese snacks after my workout
D~ 2 meatballs + sauteed zucchini w/butter
W~ 101 oz
E~ 60 minutes water aerobics + 10 min laps + 5 min spa

Last edited by br3n; 03-21-2014 at 07:31 AM..
Old 03-21-2014, 07:46 AM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/210/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
Ugh, that's frustrating! It seems like it's so much easier for guys to lose weight than us ladies. Maybe it's not a true gain, but just because you've been working out? Have you tried taking measurements? Maybe you're still losing inches even though the scale is being mean.
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:47 AM   #227
Blabbermouth!!!

So happy you enjoyed your class! Always fun to be pleasantly surprised with people, huh?

You know that the bounce is no doubt your sore muscles holding water, right? I'm sure you'll be me reminding me of this in a week when I'm crying about being sore and feeling blah You just began really incorporating some hard exercise so your body is probably in repair mode.. Hang on! Good things are coming, and remember, all the exercise is reshaping your body. Personally, I think I would rather not give a hoot about the scale to actually LOOK like I'm smaller anyways..

Men...and weight loss..... Don't even get me started. My DH will do LC for like 2-3 weeks and literally drop 30 lbs easily.. and eat like a friggin king the entire time.. so not fair Sorry to hear about your loss though, that's tough. Glad he's at least trying to somewhat enjoy something while he's dealing with the family stuff..

Another thing that I'm seeing a couple people I know who are lc'ing and having issues getting the scale to move is they're cutting out dairy completely to see if it helps. Consensus seems to be it does.. That's devastating to me What is life without HWC or cheese!
Old 03-21-2014, 01:00 PM   #228
Senior LCF Member

I second everything Danielle says!

Bren, I have increased my workout classes to three times in two weeks and I have seen nothing on the scale, I am frustrated too! I am hoping it is water retention from repair and that there will be a whoosh soon, I am just tired of seeing the same 2-3#'s on the scale! The hardest part is stalling this early on in the game, much more understandible if I was 20lbs away from goal!! I am also dealing with hunger and cravings probably brought on by my workouts but I am really enjoying them and don't want to stop. I am probably eating too much but I am not sure....SOO annoying!
Old 03-21-2014, 01:29 PM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Ladies! I try to stay positive. I know this is a process, a journey, and I'm not going to magically wake up thin. But, sometimes we just need to vent!! I'm sure it's not a true gain, I'm just annoyed that it's not going down. I think I fear that I'll have a repeat of the last 6 weeks. It's one thing to bounce for a week or two, but a month or two is not cool. -_- Ah well, there are still plenty of reasons to be doing what I am, so I'm keeping my head up and pushing on.

I keep meaning to take my measurements, but LO had my tape and now who knows where it is. I noticed the jeans I bought a couple months ago are fitting loosely now. Not enough to warrant needing new ones yet, but I can pull them on and off without unbuttoning, so I guess that's a plus?

Tomorrow I have to be up extra early to get myself and LO ready for my 8am class and his 9am lessons. I don't even get to work that early -- this should be interesting.

Have a great weekend!
Old 03-21-2014, 02:18 PM   #230
Blabbermouth!!!

Ohhhhh but it sure would be nice to wake up thin! I WISH!!!!

I can relate to the couple months of bouncing...it's all I have done....and now, steadily gaining... 8 freakin pounds!

Looser jeans is a major NSV!! You'll be buying new ones in no time!

Have fun with the kiddo, sounds fun!
Old 03-24-2014, 01:48 PM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ohhhhh but it sure would be nice to wake up thin! I WISH!!!!

I can relate to the couple months of bouncing...it's all I have done....and now, steadily gaining... 8 freakin pounds!

Looser jeans is a major NSV!! You'll be buying new ones in no time!

Have fun with the kiddo, sounds fun!
Wouldn't it though??? If only...

Yeah, my jeans were loose, not so sure about that today. I went way off plan yesterday at the Rodeo. Ok, not way off, coulda been worse, but ate some bad stuff! We left the house in a hurry without any lunch or dinner. My husband disappeared for a few minutes and returned with: nachos. So, I ate a few. Then he wanted to try deep fried oreos, so I had a bite of that (just a bite, not that great!) Considering that's pretty much all I had all day besides breakfast I shouldn't feel too bad, but I'm still disappointed that lack of planning allowed for such poor decisions. After 6 months I should really know better. I think I'm just letting my repeated disappointment get to my head, which is dangerous territory.

The truth is, I absolutely don't know why the scale hasn't moved much for the past 2 months, but I DO know that going back to eating that crap is not going to help the situation.

So.
Here's to a new week. I'm owning my mistake. I'm owning my feelings. And I'm going to do better. err, I mean:
Old 03-24-2014, 02:41 PM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Horrible lack of planning this weekend, which led to lazy food choices on Saturday and awful food choices on Sunday.

Saturday:
B~ Bacon. Just bacon. 5-6 strips. Apparently that's what happens when I ask DH to make breakfast while I'm at the gym.
L~ Avocado & almond milk shake with 3 strawberries (tasted like ice cream!)
D~Baked chicken breast w/hatch chile cream sauce & smidge of cheese

Sunday:
B~ Egg skillet w/onion, bell pepper & Canadian bacon
S~ 3 Canadian bacon slices with pizza sauce & cheese
L~ nada
D~ (Rodeo/Carnival) chili cheese nachos, 6-8 chips, & bite of fried oreos

Not eating any veggies reminds me that we planted a veggie garden this weekend. I'm super excited about it and just hope we can get to everything before the critters do! In a couple months we should have garden fresh tomatoes, zucchini, bell peppers, baby bells, cucumbers, accidental jalapenos, and sugar baby watermelons.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:09 PM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Hey Bren, don't worry about the poor planning, it happens to the best of us.

I am feeling slightly jealous of your soon to be garden. I am an avid gardener, I just can't wait to start planting outdoors, we have a greenhouse and I LOVE it! I live in the great white north so my seedlings are growing up indoors for now, will plant them outside mid-May. We still have very low temps and snow!

We used to live in Dallas for three years and I couldn't figure out how to garden there, I think if we stayed there longer we would have figured it out but in those three seasons I killed a lot of plants. We didn't have a great big garden though because most of our backyard was taken up by big trees/shrubs and a pool. It was breathtakenly beautiful so I didn't miss gardening all that much, I made do with big planters filled with flowers.

We now have a good sized yard that is a combination of veggie garden, greenhouse, perrenial beds, children play area, grassy area and we have at least 6 fruiting shrubs and 6 fruiting trees. We have a short season here but it is gorgeous back there and we do cherish every moment of it! I still miss our gorgeous old place in D from time to time
Old 03-24-2014, 05:19 PM   #234
Blabbermouth!!!

Hahaha! I'm sorry, I had to giggle at the DH making the bacon comment I guess maybe be glad that he even did that?

Eh, so you had one afternoon that was a little off kilter, it happens to all of us. You learned from it and you'll most likely never do it again.

Keep at it chicky, you're doing great!
Old 03-25-2014, 08:19 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Danielle! Luckily, the scale isn't up as of yet - maybe because I didn't go all out crazy, just a few bites of cheats. Of course, it isn't down either. Trust me, I was happy to have that bacon after working out!

Wish ~ I'm sort of a newbie to having a real garden, but very excited about it! My dad always had a garden when I was growing up but I never appreciated it, I would get so mad when I had to pick beans as a kid--lol! Now I'm just praying all my veggies actually grow so I can pick them. That stuff at the grocery store is pitiful compared to fresh produce. I'm not sure about Dallas, that's a completely different climate than here --I'm about an hour NE of Houston, in the sticks. We did some container gardening and small gardens at our last house (LOVE fresh tomatoes and basil!), but last March we moved to a house on an acre and hope to make the most of it. Unfortunately, the deer ate all of my beautiful Hibiscus plants when we moved in, so I hope our little wire fence will keep them out of the garden.

Yesterday:
B~ skipped
L~7 garlic parm wings, 3 stalks celery, ranch dip
D~smoked sausage link & roasted brussels sprouts
S~LC chocolate chip muffin, I finally baked some and my husband ate them all last night!
Old 03-25-2014, 08:31 AM   #236
Blabbermouth!!!

It's funny how all of a sudden the family becomes very interested in the food we're eating! Happens every time around here.. of course, now that I've switched back to LC'ing these people here expect bacon, eggs, and all sorts of things all the time

Mmmmmm I love roasted brussel sprouts They give me wicked heartburn but oh so worth it once in a while LOL Better than beach-ball-tummy I get from broccoli--that is NOT fun.

I'm willing to bet you see a sudden drop on the scale soon...all the exercise and then the good eating... it will have no choice!
Old 03-25-2014, 08:48 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

here's to a good whoosh! chin-chin!

re: garden....I would LOVE an acre, I wouldn't mind the sticks! We are packed so close to our neighbors, there is very little privacy. There are upsides to living in the city though! Good luck with your garden, all you have to do is water your plants, feed them and protect them from insects, fungus and wildlife...haha easy right? It is just so worth it though. Last year I tought myself how to can and made my own tomato sauce and cherry jam so we have have been enjoying the fruits of our labor through the winter and I still have lots to last us till the next harvest, it is just awesome! I also freeze berries, apples and garlic for later use. One of my favorite things about the garden is my kids are sooo interested in it and love to pick the fruits and veggies and munch on them while playing out there. My kids will eat spinach and kale plucked from the ground but won't touch it when served at the table, go figure!
Old 03-26-2014, 11:28 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Thanks. My little guy loves veggies and already "helps" us with the garden, so I think he will also enjoy it when everything starts growing. He doesn't like fruit though, weirdest thing ever!

Well, I got a whoosh alright...in the wrong direction -- back to 230 this morning. DH and I went to a concert last night, started out with an innocent Michelob ultra (3 carbs), ended up with popcorn. I own my choices, but DH is making this a little harder for me now. He lost his extra weight fairly quickly and has managed to keep it off, even with his cheats, which presents two problems: 1) He's eating delicious things in front of me and 2) I feel like "if he didnt gain, maybe I wont gain" But, that's not going to work for me. Still having 70 lbs to go, I really need to refocus and get this scale moving again. Thankfully, there are no more events in my near future, except my birthday in 32 days. Not sure how I'm going to handle that one yet. Part of me thinks if there is one day of the year that I should enjoy whatever I want it should be my birthday, the other part of me thinks it's probably not worth risking until I reach goal. If I'm being honest, I'd say it depends what happens between now and then. If I get back on track and the scale is moving again I don't think I'll jeopardize it; but if I'm still in this rut -- you can bet I'll be having whatever I want! For my own sake, I just hope I start losing again so I'm not faced with that dilemma.

My plan for now is to get back to induction and see if that helps, I think process of elimination may help me figure out what the problem is. I added things like nuts, berries, artificial sweeteners all at the same time, so it could be one or all of those things. Or none. It will be very interesting if even induction doesn't get it moving again. I've been patient, thinking maybe it was just a plateau, but now I'm getting frustrated which is leading me to make poor decisions, and will eventually lead to me giving up completely which will result in me gaining everything back. I cannot let that happen!!

Yesterday:
B~1/2 avocado & almond milk shake w/3 berries
L~6 oz pork chops & caesar salad
S~Stadium Popcorn & Michelob Ultra
D~Filet Mignon & veggies
Old 03-26-2014, 11:37 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It's funny how all of a sudden the family becomes very interested in the food we're eating! Happens every time around here.. of course, now that I've switched back to LC'ing these people here expect bacon, eggs, and all sorts of things all the time

Mmmmmm I love roasted brussel sprouts They give me wicked heartburn but oh so worth it once in a while LOL Better than beach-ball-tummy I get from broccoli--that is NOT fun.

I'm willing to bet you see a sudden drop on the scale soon...all the exercise and then the good eating... it will have no choice!
I know how that is, I made some LC muffins this weekend and now my DH thinks he should get them every night! He put 4 on one plate, topped them with a boat load of berries and SF whipped cream... hasn't gained an ounce.

We never ate brussel sprouts very often before LC, but we found these sliced ones that are so easy to prep we've been buying them like crazy. Love 'em!

I can say I don't think I'll ever tire of bacon and eggs, I just wish I had more time in the mornings to make it happen. I keep skipping breakfast which is not exactly ideal. I guess I better start making more egg muffins for those days!
Old 03-26-2014, 01:02 PM   #240
Senior LCF Member

It must be so much easier to do this if you lived on your own or had a partner in it 100%. I am the only one that cooks in the family and so I am always preparing foods for the kids and husband that I cannot eat, I have practiced amazing restraint.My husband has never been on a diet, he is just naturally lean and can eat anything. He has been great about me being on this "lifestyle" and he will eat most of what I make that is LC but he also wants potatoes, bread etc. from time to time. I will ALWAYS be around off plan foods so for me it is a matter of practicing restraint and self control and it hasn't been easy. I have introduced one slice of sproated grain bread (7 net carbs) for breakfast and that has made me feel a bit more normal. Time will tell if this works.

I would recommend you bake yourself an LC cake for your birthday. I know you are thinking it is your birthday and you shouldn't be baking a cake for yourself, but unless you have someone to bake an LC cake for you then you are more likely to eat a whole lot of sugar or miss out on birthday cake (which will probably make you feel crabby). I enjoyed my birthday cake and had NO GUILT, I posted the recipe in my journal, I would recommend making it a day or two ahead.

I think for me it has become more of "I can have that but I rather not" I rather not pay the price later and live with the guilt. There is no such thing as having whatever I want and enjoying it because although it may feel good going down, it feels like the worst thing moments later. Anytime I have a moment of weakness I think of that and I am able to control myself.

The one food I still think about and miss is dim sum. I have a favorite Chinese food place that has the best dim sum, particularly sticky rice and ginger beef. I would have gone there for my birthday if I wasn't on a diet, maybe one day, I don't think it is off limits completely but I think I have to be closer to goal to be able to allow it.

On my birthday I made all LC food for myself that I (and the family) enjoyed, my gift to myself was knowing I was doing the best thing for my health and taking control. Any other birthday that I have celebrated was a day to indulge in whatever food I wanted but that just had to end if I was going to get serious and start seeing some good results.

The reason I brought this up was that a month before my birthday I started to worry and think about what I was going to eat on my birthday, what about birthday cake? I worried that if I didn't eat anything I wanted I wouldn't enjoy my special day. I just wanted to say that I totally enjoyed it by making my special day a part of my new lifestyle and being in control. I ended up loving everything I made and the focus wasn't around the food anyways.

Last edited by wish; 03-26-2014 at 01:16 PM..