Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 12:17 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/225/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
Kat, to be honest, I personally do not count carbs though I probably should start. I just follow the Atkins allowable foods list {Induction} and eat smaller portions of anything with carbs to make sure I keep the count low enough. I only recently added nuts (mostly in the form of almond meal) and plan on adding a few strawberries this week because I really miss fruit. I will probably have to start counting them since I'm adding non-induction foods now. "Ongoing Weight Loss" or Phase 2 is more of a trial & error phase where you slowly increase carbs to find the level that is right for your body. The idea is to continue losing slowly without completely stalling. I guess that's my next adventure, trying to figure out what that number is for me.

:: My Journal ::

Don't give up what you want most, for what you want right now.
br3n is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

01/03 - 241.2
So very close to my next short term goal of -40 lbs. Maybe next week.

I'm in a bit of a food rut at the moment, while I love quite a few of my low carb recipes, after nearly 4 months of this I need to mix it up a little and add a few new things to the weekly rotation. I picked up my first package of strawberries last night because I miss fruit soo much. I'll admit, I'm nervous to start adding higher carb foods, but as long as I can eat them in moderation, a few per day, I should be fine. I have big plans for them, cream cheese crepes with strawberry filling, strawberry shake, strawberries w/sugar free whip. Oh yes, that little carton of berries opened up a whole new world for me. As much as I love eggs, I will gladly welcome a new breakfast. I've been eyeing a few new recipes that I will hopefully get to try out this weekend. I also hope to spend some time putting together an official cookbook, since all of my recipes are currently crammed in a kitchen drawer. It will be a work in progress, and as I find keepers along the way I'll just add them to the book.

I'm glad to be back to my lowest weight so far, 241.2, but have a long way to go to reach my goals this season. I think it's definitely time to add in those workouts I've been "thinking" about, , especially if considering the added carbs. I'm really excited about date night in February and would love to be another 10-12 lbs down by then. I got some tickets to a comedy show for Christmas, but it just happens to be the Friday before Valentine's day, so we're going to celebrate early and make a whole date night out of it. The hard part is deciding which restaurant to go to -- there are so many great ones to choose from downtown, but likely one involving steak and veggies so we can easily stay on plan. No time for temptation! This girl is on a mission.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:44 PM   #153
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
You're very close! Next week for sure!

I'm in a rut too and setting about changing up my menus alittle this weekend. I'm actually kinda excited to get to next week

February date night sounds lovely! What a great way to stay motivated and excited for new numbers.
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:13 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
You're very close! Next week for sure!

I'm in a rut too and setting about changing up my menus alittle this weekend. I'm actually kinda excited to get to next week

February date night sounds lovely! What a great way to stay motivated and excited for new numbers.
Lol! Well, being excited is a good thing! It's important to keep it interesting. I am crazy excited about my strawberries! I remember the good ol' days when I was like "oh, great, nothing but fruit to eat." Now I would give a pinky for a banana or pineapple! Maybe someday, a girl can dream.

It is nice to have something to look forward to. February 7 seems so far away, but it's really only 5 weeks and during my busy season that 5 weeks is going to feel more like 2! {I still can't believe the holidays have come and gone! } I better get those kettlebells out.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:00 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member

01/06 - 241.0
Ok, I've been aiming for 239 for 3 weeks now and only keep bouncing ~ patience is running thin!!! Keeping calm, keeping calm. At least it landed on the low end of the bounce today.

Food was fine this weekend, I made the most amazing green beans and wondered why I've never made them before. I sauteed some for the holidays which were fine, but these were good old fashioned southern green beans that simmered for 2 hours, and boy were they delicious! My guys ate them up, I even caught little man licking the bowl. I guess I'll be making those more often. Aside from that, I made some cream cheese "pancakes" for breakfast, baked wings for lunch, and had hubby's smoked ribs for dinner. Oh my, we're suffering over here. I did add a few strawberries per day as a snack and seemed to do ok with them, as well as some salted pecans. I didn't lose much, but I ended the weekend at my lowest low, so I think I'm ok, as long as nothing weird happens in the next couple days.

I also got a nice start on my recipe project, which is great since I've been meaning to for 3 months now. I figure if I'm really going to make this a lifestyle change and not just a temporary diet, I should probably go ahead and start documenting all of my recipes so I have plenty of options in the long run. I even ordered a small laminator so they don't get ruined ~ I'm a super messy cook! As a bonus, I found my really old George Stella cook books packed away in the garage, from when I first tried LC several years ago. I think I only did it for 6 weeks at the time, but he has some great recipes in there.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

01/10 - 241.4 -exact same weight for the 3rd day in a row.

I'm used to bouncing and stalling, but that doesn't mean I have to like it! 2014 is not being good to me so far. Thank goodness we're only 10 days in, hopefully that will change.

Ok, now that I got the whining out of my system, it's time to ask myself what I'm going to do about it???

a) Stay focused & stay on plan, despite being frustrated

b) Find some tweaks. I already cut out the few extra carbs I added last week, no more berries for me. My overall carbs are well in range or even under, so I don't think that's the problem.

c) E x e r c i s e. I've had trouble getting started, thanks to working late and my hour commute home, then of course tending to my little one before bed time. I'd like to commit to at least 4 nights a week, just need to get started! So, I'm promising myself right now that I will exercise for at least 30 minutes both Saturday and Sunday.

When I worked up to exercising every night, back before I became pregnant, I lost 20 lbs in the first 6 weeks just by doing that and watching what I ate. I could really use a boost like that right now! It's worth trying anyway, what do I have to lose except a few extra lbs?

Thankfully, it's Friday! All I can do is make the most of this weekend. Plan, get my exercise in, and spend some time with my little love. He makes everything better.

Have a great weekend all!
Old 01-12-2014, 07:04 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

01/12 - 238.8

While it's so nice to finally see something other than a 241 or 242, I fully expect this one to bounce. Yesterday was a crazy day, so it may have something to do with water weight. Mom & I took the kiddos (my son & niece) to the Children's Museum yesterday for a few hours, and then it was such a beautiful day when we were leaving that we decided to stop in at the zoo for another few hours. It was a really nice day and the kids managed to behave for the most part, it was great to get outside after all of this cold weather for the past couple months. Apparently everyone else thought so too, the parking lot was crazy!

I was looking at some photos of myself from yesterday and still felt the initial urge to delete them. But then my mom pointed out that she had some older pictures of me on there from this summer (which I didn't know about or they probably would have already been deleted!!) And, while I can't believe I'm actually going to post this for public viewing, I came to the conclusion that it's important to my progress. It's important not only to see that I have made progress, but also to remind myself that I still have a ways to go and better stay on track.

So, my first progress pic, here goes nothing!
I apologize in advance for being the least photogenic person on the planet. And really Mom, can't you at least give me a heads up??
Old 01-12-2014, 07:14 AM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

Can definitely see a difference. Great work, Bren!
Old 01-12-2014, 08:49 AM   #159
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyMabe
Stats: 238/226/180
Hi, Bren! I enjoyed reading through your journal! Congratulations on your success so far!
I just joined here and restarted low carbing for the umpteenth time. Thanks for the motivation!
AmyMabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:28 AM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
I have also started changing my recipe collection. I have even rewritten some of my old fave recipes to make them low carb! Simple exchanges...almond flour for white flour, crushed pork rinds for breading, etc. It has taken a lot of time but I don't mind. Collecting recipes is my hobby, and cooking is my reward
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:07 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Danielle! Still a ways to go, but gosh, just seeing that really reminds me how awful I felt in that first picture. Depressed. No confidence. No energy. Nothing fit right no matter what size. Couldn't keep up with my son. Didn't want to leave the house. That is not me!

Hi Amy! Thanks for stopping by, I'm glad you enjoyed the journal. This is my 2nd time trying, but my 1st time to do it longer than 6 weeks. Good luck to you!!

Lisa, it has been time consuming but since I want to make this a lifestyle change it's important to make sure we have lots of options! That's one thing I love about low carb -- a few changes and you can really have just about anything as long as you make it yourself.

01/13 - 239.4
This weekend went well! I got my exercise in and spent lots of quality time with my little one. I made a couple of his favorite things: zucchini boats & meatballs. Apparently those are two things we aren't going to get tired of. So delish.

I think I definitely found the exercise motivation I was lacking! Being out in the nice weather on Saturday just made me realize how close we are to Spring (at least here in TX) and uh, swimsuit season! While I'm pretty sure I'll never, ever, have a bikini body I would at least like to feel comfortable [read: not totally mortified] in a one piece miracle-suit! We live around a lot of water and there are pools everywhere you go in TX, so it's very important to me that my little one learns to swim early. Anything dangerous is his favorite. We took him to the park a few weeks ago and his fearlessness while running toward the lake really got to me. Swimming lessons are a must, which means exercise for mama is a must! I am gonna rock that miraclesuit, with a coverup, giant hat and sunglasses.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:11 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Felt a little spark of energy after dinner and decided to squeeze in an elliptical workout. I cranked up the tunes and huffed my way through a 22.5/min mile on level 4 ~ Total accident, I usually press 2. Haha! No wonder it was harder! Whew!

I truly always feel better when I workout, yet I try so hard to avoid it. I don't know why I have such a hard time getting motivated. Hopefully soon it will just be a habit and not a chore.

I also need to get back to tracking food. When I get stuck I always want to look back and see if I can find a pattern, but that's pretty hard when I'm not writing it down consistently.

Breakfast: Shake
Lunch: cheeseburger patty, green beans, salad w/ranch
Dinner: (LC) chicken parm & greek salad (current fixation, I could eat it all day, every day.)

And I'm craving avocado like crazy for some reason. I'm tempted to salt & pepper that puppy and eat it as is-- BUT, I decided to save it for an experiment in the morning. Soo excited, I think I'll actually be happy to wake up at the crack of dawn for once.

Also, I meant to document my measurements with my progress photo. I never took starting measurements, but measured about a month in.
Month 1: 45" waist and 56" hips, Size 24
Month 4: 39" waist and 49" hips, Size 18/20

Still the same pear shape, but a smaller pear at least.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:19 PM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
Those stats are amazing congrats Bren!!!
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:28 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

40 Lbs Down! :)

01/14 - 238.4
Woohoo! Not only a new low, but also my official 40 lbs lost mark!!! Progress Progress Progress.

Thanks Lisa!

Well, my avocado experiment this morning was a success! Sort of. One thing I've been missing like crazy is my morning smoothie - which used to be a banana, frozen fruit, handful of spinach, and either juice or milk. Once I realized that avocado is creamy and mild enough to use as a base, my imagination went wild. For breakfast, I made a super decadent, almost too rich chocolate shake! The creaminess of the avocado makes it the perfect dessert texture, but honestly it was a bit much for breakfast. I think that's definitely a dessert item from now on! However, I'm really excited that I now have a base for my "green smoothies" again! I think next time for breakfast I'll just toss in some berries and spinach, as I used to, but sub the avocado in place of banana --and for my next dessert I think a mint chocolate chip shake would be awesome and even compliment the natural green color. I've always felt guilty using green coloring in my mint shakes, since some dyes have known side effects. Problem solved! (Although, if cocoa is added, it looks completely chocolatey and normal!) My little one is going to love these, and I won't feel guilty giving them to him!
Old 01-15-2014, 08:24 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

01/15 - 238.6

Hooray for smaller pants! Numbers can be soo frustrating, but clothes don't lie. About a month ago I ordered some size 18 pants, 2 of them fit perfectly and 2 were a bit small, I got them on, but buttoning (while still breathing!) wasn't going to happen -- I still liked the style and figured maybe someday I could wear them, so rather than return them I just put them away. When I noticed yesterday that I had some slack in my other new ones, especially around the thighs, I decided to try the smaller ones on -- and they fit!!

I have to admit, this process has been long, slow, and frustrating more often than not-- but that just makes me appreciate the little rewards that much more. I think moving beyond the "Gotta get it off right now" and "must lose a pound per day or I quit" mentality has played a huge role in my progress, and finally put an end (forever, I hope) to my chronic yo-yo dieting. Oh, I still think that would be great for it to magically dissolve overnight and of course I still want to lose it as quickly as possible. But, I think the difference in myself this time around is that I finally realized that all I can do is focus on the things that are in my control -- eating, moving, making peace with myself, and trust that the rest will fall into place. I have the eating part under control, I'm working on the moving part, and I feel more at peace with myself now than ever--inside & out.

70-80 lbs to go... piece o' cake.
(ha...ha...)
Old 01-15-2014, 08:27 AM   #166
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh c'mon, didn't anyone tell you that breathing is over rated!

In all seriousness, congrat's on the smaller pants, girly!!!

You're doing so well...inside & out!
Old 01-17-2014, 07:34 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Danielle!

1/16 - 238.2
1/17 - 238.6

Everything is going well, still on track, just less time to update. Trying to get through busy season while maintaining my sanity. I tried my avocado smoothie theory this morning -- it was amazing! I didn't miss my banana at all and it even had a pretty light pink color. 1c almond milk, 1t vanilla extract, 3 frozen berries, 3 ice cubes, 1/2 avocado & liquid sucralose to taste. I didn't make it super sweet because I learned that lesson last time, no dessert for breakfast!! I think it would be awesome as a strawberry milkshake too though, with a few more berries and more sweetener. Yummm. Easy breakfast or quick dessert!

I made a version of Linda's enchilada bake yesterday, it made a ton so we had that for both lunch and dinner. It was really good and hit the spot for some Tex-Mex comfort food.

Today is my little guy's 18 month check up -- how time flies!! I can't believe my baby is 18 months. Thinking I'll have a quick lunch today (roasted chicken) and for dinner maybe get the little one some popcorn shrimp at a restaurant we like near the doctors office. They have grilled shrimp and green beans for mama.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:04 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

01/21 - 235.2 I had to double check my scale after this one. It's nice to see a 235 but it was totally unexpected, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

This weekend was pretty great! I got my hair done, nails done, spent some time with family. My husband was tempted by cake at a birthday party, but I promised I would make him one when we got home. Thank goodness for Linda's 3 minute chocolate cake. I made a quick chocolate peanut butter frosting for it, just to make it seem more like real cake.

I also reached my official 4 month mark over the weekend, Sept 19th to Jan 19th: 4 months & 41 lbs. I've never been on a single diet for 4 consecutive months, and I've never lost 40 lbs on any consecutive diet, er, "way of eating." I'm proud of myself for that-- but, I'm not going to lose sight of how far I still have to go. 40 lbs is 1/3 of the way there, which means I still have 2/3 (80 lbs) to tackle--- tough, but not impossible. This next month is the most stressful of the entire year as far as work is concerned, so that will be a true test. My game plan is just to stay focused and keep doing what I've been doing, one day at at time.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:50 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

01/28 - 234.8
That "busy season" I have been rambling about for the past month has finally arrived. I'm still on track, doing fine food wise. Stress levels are through the roof, but that was expected so I'm trying to roll with the punches and get it over with. I just realized that the date night I have been looking so very forward to is in less than 2 weeks~yikes! I guess that's one good thing about being super busy --time flies!! We decided on a Brazilian steakhouse, which basically means unlimited meats and a salad bar. A safe choice for our WOE, I hope! It's nice to have a night out to look forward to because these are going to be a rough few weeks and mama is going to need a drink.

I don't think I'm where I need to be to meet my January goal, but I'm not going to complain about seeing a 234 on my scale. I believe I started the month at 242 or 241...not too bad!

One day at a time.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:02 PM   #170
Blabbermouth!!!

You're doing great, Bren! You're going to pass me here pretty soon!
Old 01-29-2014, 01:22 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

01/29 - 235.4
Thanks Danielle! Oh I bet you'll be out of the 220's before I ever even reach them, you're doing great!

That reminds me though, I'm getting closer to one of my milestones -- my wedding weight of 226. Very excited about this one! I had to lose 25 lbs just to get there and that was back in 2010, so it just puts into perspective how long it has been since I've been in this weight range. Weight loss certainly seems to be slowing down, but I'll get there eventually. I think exercise would definitely help but I can't seem to do it as consistently as I need to. Now that a few of my favorite shows have returned maybe I can get back into it. It's much easier when I'm focusing on a juicy TV show and not watching every second of my timer tick by, or staring at wall. Exercise supposedly helps with stress as well, so what better time to start than audit season!?

One day at a time.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:03 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

01/30 - 234.6
01/31 - 235.2

TGIF...
Old 02-03-2014, 08:01 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

February.

02/01 - 235.4
02/02 - 235.2
02/03 - 236.4

Is it really already February!? Is my baby really 18 months old already!? How time flies...

The good news is, that as time has passed, my weight has gone down. I finally came to terms with the fact that it doesn't just vanish overnight, or in one week, or one month, no matter how badly we want it to. There have been so many ups and downs over the past 4.5 months, along with weeks of losing nothing at all. In the past that would have completely derailed my efforts, but I think it finally clicked with me that the numbers aren't always by-the-book. I think, just a few months ago, seeing a 236 after posting 235's would have made me want to give up. But now, it's no biggie. I know that I ate a heavy meaty & cheesy dinner late last night (enchilada bake) The dinner was still on plan, I stayed on track all weekend, and I'm good to go. My February goal, as I always like to set one for fun, is 228. It won't be easy, but I chose that number because it equals an official 50 lbs down.

I'm actually starting to get nervous. As the numbers get smaller I'm approaching territory that I haven't seen in years. Numbers that I tend to associate with all of the hard times I've had losing weight. Despite that fact that I'm doing well, and should be happy about that, it just opens the flood gates of negative thoughts and memories. Throwing the towel in time after time, year after year. Convincing myself that maybe I'm just meant to be overweight and should just deal with it, because I've been heavy for so long. Honestly, I don't see much difference in 278, 268, 258, 248, 238... but there is a huge difference between 238, 228, 218, 208,198; and especially 198, 188, 178, 168, 158. I'm 1/3 of the way to my ultimate goal, but I think the next wing of my journey will be much more difficult...which also makes it that much more rewarding.

I just have to make sure I stay focused, forget about the negative thoughts, and keep chugging along...

one day at a time.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:30 PM   #174
Blabbermouth!!!

Aw, 18 months already?! Sure goes fast. He's at a really fun age!

You are doing SO well, Bren. You really really are! I've always said that weight loss is 99% mental because it's the thought process that ends up counting the most. Being able to change our perceptions of progress & success throughout the journey is so important and vital to actually achieving it long term. We all have to figure this out and work at it, It sounds like you've got it. Go you! As long as you continue to believe in yourself and hold yourself to your promises, the results will always be yours!

This is my mantra, the words I have lived by for months now:

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell

I don't go anywhere without it

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 02-05-2014, 03:40 PM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Danielle, so true! I love that quote. Heck, I love everything Chris says. I may not follow his diet plan yet, but I love his words of wisdom, so inspirational. I really need to finish that book.

It is tough, some days more than others. My biggest struggle at the moment is with exercise, but I'm on a mission to get that tackled in the near future. I have auditors at work for another 2.5 weeks and then hopefully I can get on a normal schedule again. I'm really hoping to get active so I can accelerate my weight loss in the next 3 months or so before my birthday.

One day at a time.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:14 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

02/01 - 235.4
02/02 - 235.2
02/03 - 236.4
02/04 - 235.4
02/05 - 236.8
02/06 - 236.8
02/07 - 235.4
02/08 - 235.2
02/09 - 234.2

Ohh, lots of catching up to do -- still weighing, just not a lot of time for the website lately. Work has been nuts, but hopefully will settle within the next couple of weeks and I can get back to a normal schedule. Date night was Friday, we went to the Brazilian Steakhouse I had been wanting to try and then caught a comedy show. Lots of fun! The food was great and the service/concept amazing. A low carb heaven, for sure. I thought I would definitely gain, but actually the scale finally budged in the right direction. I guess sometimes it helps to mix it up a little.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:00 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

02/01 - 235.4
02/02 - 235.2
02/03 - 236.4
02/04 - 235.4
02/05 - 236.8
02/06 - 236.8
02/07 - 235.4
02/08 - 235.2
02/09 - 234.2
02/10 - 234.0

Hmmm...I ate some things I probably shouldn't have and now it decides to go down!?
Old 02-14-2014, 03:32 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Sheeeeeeeeeeesh.
What a rough month. Have I mentioned lately that I DESPISE audit season??? I'm pretty good at my job, so I have nothing to worry about but my goodness, I feel like I have literally pulled every piece of paper and record for the entire year by now. Some of them multiple times. And I haven't even had time to do my actual job in between, which means I'll be working from home this weekend. The first beautiful 70 degree weekend in 2 months. WAAAAH.

Now that I got THAT out of the way ----- TGIF! And Valentines day! My husband and I are somewhat anti-valentines, in the sense that a) we already have everything we could possibly want and b) it's so much nicer to do something nice for each other on random occasions vs. scheduled Hallmark holidays. That being said, we still treated ourselves to a nice seafood restaurant for lunch and I have two bouquets at home from the past week. My lunch was delish! I had blackened redfish with spaghetti squash, my husband had ginger Salmon and green beans. A nice treat & break from the usual 2-3 places we visit.

The scale has been ALL over the place this month. I did have a tiny sliver of bundt cake for my mom's birthday on the 9th, and ironically that was the first time the scale actually decided to go in a downward direction. I think it's time to re-evaluate some things. Aside from that sliver o' cake, I've been eating exactly the same as always, and I'm starting to wonder if my body is just used to it now? I really need to mix it up a little. Who has time to be stalled for a month? It could also be due to stress, because I am certainly experiencing that by the busload at the moment. And lack of water, since I can barely get away from my desk. But---enough griping for today! It's Friday. I get some weekend quality time with my guys. And next week is the last week of audit! I'm ready to get it over with so I can have my life back. Maybe a little time for exercise, a little time for new recipes. Looking forward to it.

02/01 - 235.4
02/02 - 235.2
02/03 - 236.4
02/04 - 235.4
02/05 - 236.8
02/06 - 236.8
02/07 - 235.4
02/08 - 235.2
02/09 - 234.2 - bundt cake day
02/10 - 234.0
02/11 - 235.2 - mmhm, I deserved that
02/12 - 234.2
02/13 - 232.8
02/14 - 234.0

-1 lb in two weeks? meh. I better make the most of the rest of February!
Old 02-16-2014, 07:03 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member

02/01 - 235.4
02/02 - 235.2
02/03 - 236.4
02/04 - 235.4
02/05 - 236.8
02/06 - 236.8
02/07 - 235.4
02/08 - 235.2
02/09 - 234.2 - bundt cake day
02/10 - 234.0
02/11 - 235.2 - mmhm, I deserved that
02/12 - 234.2
02/13 - 232.8
02/14 - 234.0
02/15 - 233.2
02/16 - 232.4
Old 02-17-2014, 08:59 AM   #180
Senior LCF Member

2/17 - 233.4

bounce, bounce, bounce!

The first couple of weeks of every month are always mediocre for me, but I'm hopeful now that the scale is at least moving. Even if it is only bouncing back and forth. I feel my birthday inching closer and closer, which is freaking me out a little. On the flip side, I have an opportunity here. I still have enough time to lose a significant amount of weight if I really, truly, put my everything into it. I'm still on track, technically, but I feel like I'm just going through the motions now. Doing what I'm supposed to do, yes, but not much more than that. A lot of it has to do with being swamped at work, which should calm down after this week and then I'll have a tiny bit more 'me' time. I need to take it a step further, from just weight loss, to actually getting healthy. We all know what that means-- the dreaded E word--EXERCISE. Speaking of squeezing in some me time, I rediscovered a new hobby this weekend that I think will be good for me, something I've always been interested in but never acted on--until now. And one that doesn't involve food! In the words of my brother, food has always been "my thing." Any time we went out, it involved eating. My vacation planning revolved around which place had good restaurants. I have an unnatural amount of food knowledge. A list of my favorite things would probably consist mostly of foods. My favorite domestic activity is baking. I love it, but other than some low carb recreation oddities, I've pretty much had to stop--completely. As much as I enjoy those things, time has proven that food, aside from everyday meals, is not a good interest for me. Or, at least, for my waistline. So, I'm pretty excited about my new hobby.

It all started when my husband decided to go scruffy and needed something to tame his whiskers. Beard oil, he says? $30 for a 1 oz bottle, he says? No, no. I can make that. But, If I'm going to invest in those ingredients, I can make about 200 more things that I've wanted to make for so long. But hubby, of course I need a set of 100 essential oils to get started. (Happy Valentines day to me!) I will be getting lots of deliveries this week and can't wait to get started.