br3n is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
Congratulations! The hardest part about weighing everyday is that the loss never seems huge enough to us...but the good thing about weighing everyday is that you get confirmation that something is working!!!!!
greengeeny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/228/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
12/10 - 256.4

Still bouncing along... as usual!
December has been crazy insanely busy! I just realized that Christmas is a mere 2 weeks away and I haven't wrapped the first gift or even taken my sons Christmas photo yet. EEP! On Saturday our neighborhood is having a party with Santa and snow, so hopefully that will be a good photo op. The audit is finally over until they return in January, so I will have more time to get personal things done now that I can go home at a decent hour. My weight is doing it's usual bounce-for-three-weeks routine, but my clothes are fitting well. I bought some new jeans which are 3 sizes smaller than what I was wearing in September. My hubby is now wearing a LARGE Tall. WHAT!? Jealous. Between the two of us we have probably donated about $3,000 worth of clothing. My weight fluctuated so much throughout my life that I always kept everything whether it fit or not. Well, not this time. I dumped it all. I figure as I lose weight I will probably want new things anyway, so as hard as it was, I let it go. But in the end, it feels good. And our closet looks nice! My food has been fine, uneventful. Still on track. It's getting harder the closer we get to Christmas though, all of these special treats that only come out once a year are trying to jump into my cart, but I fought them off. I was in a ground beef rut, always making the same 2 or 3 recipes, so last night I prepped some mozzarella stuffed meatballs that I can pop in the oven after work. Looking forward to trying them. For now I'm off to make a delicious cup of my vanilla bean crème brulee coffee. This stuff is really saving me this season. It's dessert in a cup!

Hope everyone is doing well!

:: My Journal ::

Don't give up what you want most, for what you want right now.

Last edited by br3n; 12-11-2013 at 08:43 AM..
Old 12-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #124
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I posted over on our daily weigher thread..I was saying how it seems like alot of us are experiencing this nasty bouncing thing despite staying on track... it's cray-cray!

Glad you survived your audit, I can only imagine how stressful that gets. I am very behind in all my Christmas stuff..i only realized today just how close the holiday is and I am not even halfway done shopping, let alone thinking about wrapping!

I am going to consider it a major win if I lose anything this month...it feels like just thinking about those yummy goodies floating around is wreaking havoc with the scale My sf peppermint mocha is saving me this month it's so

Can't wait to hear about those meatballs, they sound fantastic!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I posted over on our daily weigher thread..I was saying how it seems like alot of us are experiencing this nasty bouncing thing despite staying on track... it's cray-cray!
It is! I think I'm just now realizing why I may have never stuck to many diets for longer than 4-6 weeks. I guess I always assumed if the scale didn't budge immediately then it wasn't working or was a waste of time. I'm glad I learned to stick it out this time around, because apparently I just lose in waves. Who knew?

Quote:
Glad you survived your audit, I can only imagine how stressful that gets. I am very behind in all my Christmas stuff..i only realized today just how close the holiday is and I am not even halfway done shopping, let alone thinking about wrapping!
Me too! It's very stressful, but such a relief once it's done. I have two more coming up in January, hopefully they'll be quick and painless.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
I am going to consider it a major win if I lose anything this month...it feels like just thinking about those yummy goodies floating around is wreaking havoc with the scale My sf peppermint mocha is saving me this month it's so
Well, I'm pretty sure I won't be meeting my 239 goal at this point, but hoping something will happen. Patience, patience, patience!
Old 12-12-2013, 09:03 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

12/12 - 246.8

Oh man, the meatballs were amazeballs! Just smelling them in the oven had my mouth watering and they will definitely be added to our keepers list. After searching for low carb meatballs, I rediscovered the I Breathe Im Hungry blog that I have been eyeballing for a while, but never made any of her recipes. This one seemed like what I was looking for, so I gave it a go with just a few minor changes. I'm not a parsley fan so I added oregano and basil instead. I also stuffed them with 1" pieces of mozzarella sticks, made 9 large meatballs in an 8x8 dish, refrigerated them overnight, baked them for 20 minutes at 375, topped with a very low carb marinara (only 4 carbs per 1/2 cup) and a 1/4 slice of mozzarella, baked for another 8 minutes, then broiled for 2 until the cheese was bubbly. The flavor was great, the texture was great, I loved the cheese in the middle, and frankly, I wish my husband didn't eat 6 of them so I could have leftovers today. How is this guy losing so much weight again??

The zucchini noodles were just covered and microwaved to steam for 2 minutes, after all my experimenting I've found this is how I like them best. They get slightly softer but don't shrivel up and lose their water like they do when sautéed. Once steamed, I tossed with butter, salt, pepper and a little parmesan. When I have pesto I usually put that on them.

And, the results....MMmmmm

Old 12-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #127
Blabbermouth!!!

That looks absolutely fantastic... I swear I started drooling

YUMMMMM anything with cheese in the middle of it...so so there!

You use some special tool to get "noodles", right? I gotta revamp my kitchen gadgetry pronto...I feel left out!
Old 12-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Thanks! They actually turned out even better than I anticipated. I do use a gadget! It's a "spiral vegetable slicer" - I love it, it's quick and easy to use, cleanup is not too bad, and very inexpensive compared to the rest of my gadget collection.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:44 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

12/16 - 245.0
It's not much, but I'll do a happy dance anyway. Mostly just because it has been in the 245's for 3 days now so I'm hoping the 246/247 bounce is finally over for good. Hope so!

Food was on track this weekend, my husband loved those meatballs so we had them again, along with chicken parmigiana coated with almond meal. I'm thinking about compiling some of my favorite recipes into a personal cook book, many recipes that we've tried are ok, but others are excellent and I keep forgetting about them. I'm bad about winging things and then not remembering what I did later, like my BBQ sauce. The one I made up was better than any of the recipes I've followed, but I couldn't remember what I did. I wrote it down this time. I can't say I wasn't a little tempted by all of the candy and goodies I bought for my sons Christmas party, it was almost instinctive to want to snack on them while making the goodie bags, but fortunately I kept that under control and I didn't have one bite. I guess old habits really do die hard! But I am still determined to kill them. Haha!

I feel like I'm back on track with Christmas, we had a lot done early like the tree and outdoor lights, but I'm still shopping and wrapping. I have a nice start on both though and hope to finish up soon. I took my son to see Santa this weekend and assumed he would love him since he seems to love all other creatures & costumes -- not the case! He didn't cry, he just flat out would not go to him, so I had to hold him there... Maybe next year.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

12/19 - 243.6

Holding steady in the 243's for the past few days!
Today marks 3 months on this program and I have lost an average of appx. 10 lbs per month, very reasonable I think. It was a lot more in month 1 and less in month 2, but seems to be leveling out now. I was just starting to get discouraged that I wouldn't be anywhere near my 239 goal by Jan 1, but that nice little whoosh is helping me right along. I may not meet it, but hope to be close. 239 is still a high number and far from where I'm heading, but when I think of what I've been able to do in the past 3 months I get really excited thinking about what I can do over the next year, or on a smaller scale, even the next few months. To think I could possibly be anywhere near 199 by my birthday just blows my mind. In a good way. So, that will be my main focus after the holidays -- to figure out what needs to be done to get there and make it happen.

Old 12-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

OMG your meatballs look amazing. I want to make those!!! I have never done the zucchini noodles, basically because I was unsure how to get them to look like noodles instead of paper thin slices. Where do you get a spiral vegetable slicer at? Any store like Walmart? Or do you have to special order it?
Old 12-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, they taste even better than they look, you should really try them!

I ordered my spiral slicer from Amazon for under $30, I have the white plastic one. It has a couple other blades as well so there are other things you can do with it, but I mostly use it for the noodles.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:56 AM   #133
Blabbermouth!!!

You have done very well for yourself these last 3 months, Bren! I have no doubt that the new year is going to be even better! Once all the hecticness of the holiday is gone, will make things much easier to focus and keep on going. I'm hanging on..... barely.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Old 12-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

12/27 - 242.6

Christmas was amazing this year, lots of fun, family, and memories made with my little guy. I was worried about hosting, but everything turned out fine. I made a mostly LC dinner: ham, turkey, green beans w/bacon, cauliflower gratin, LC stuffing & then just added a few staples for everyone else like mashed potatoes and rolls. I didn't have time for a LC dessert since my family eats pretty early, but still plan to make it this weekend since I bought everything. Christmas was so much fun and I'm kind of sad that it's over, but also excited for the new year.

I wasn't sure what to expect on the scale since TOM appeared, but I've been holding steady in the 242's. I'm not sure I'll make my New Years goal of 239, especially with TOM in the way, but I'm still pretty close so I'm not going to stress over it. Today I found a top in my closet that I bought about 6-7 years ago and loved too much to toss even though it didn't fit me, but it fits now! Progress, progress, progress.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #136
Blabbermouth!!!

Aw, the holiday is so much fun with little ones! I miss those days of waiting for Santa---doesn't work so well to keep them in line any more

Sounds like you had an awesome time with family, and hey, the scale is being kind to you too! Better yet, can't argue with great fitting clothes that didn't used to fit!

Can't wait to see what 2014 brings!
Old 12-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Guess what I am making today...yep those meatballs. I wish I had a veggie spiral slicer to make the zucchini noodles, but I will settle for dreamfields for the moment. Soon though, I will get that slicer!!!
Old 12-30-2013, 06:05 AM   #138
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kat41057
Stats: 203/19/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Oct. 2013
I have really enjoying reading your girls' journals. I stumbled upon them on Saturday, and have come back each morning just to catch up. It's nice to see other girls out there who are fighting the same battle that I am. (To many carbs) I'm restarting lo-carbing on Wed. of this week. I had planned on going for groceries today, but we got MORE snow last night. grrrrrr.... I'm off to clean up the driveway since the GD Plow has come through and filled it in. According to the weatherman, we are storm free until Thursday... Kat
Kat41057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:51 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Kat! There are definitely a lot of us battling carbs around here, so you're in the right place! I always wish it would snow here in TX, until I hear about people having to plow... but at least it's good exercise!

Lisa - glad you enjoyed the meatballs, that's a staple at our house now, we even make them when our non-LC family members stop by. So far, everyone approves! I highly recommend the slicer, it's one of my favorite gadgets and was well worth the investment.

Danielle - Christmas was so much fun with my little one, I have a picture of his face when he first saw his new car, it was priceless.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #140
Blabbermouth!!!

Absolutely adorable!
Old 12-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #141
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcome.... Now, can you guys please tell me how to view the posts that I have made? I keep looking, but obviously I'm looking in the wrong place. I always have to go to Chris Powell's carb cycling, and then go to Dessertgurl's journal, and find you guys from there...
Old 12-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #142
Senior LCF Member

lol Thanks! He is obsessed with cars right now, so I knew he would like it, but not quite that much.

Kat, the easiest way is to click on "User Control Panel" near the top left of the screen, once there you can click on "List Subscriptions" on the left and it will show any thread you've commented on. Hope that helps.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:55 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Old 12-31-2013, 09:58 AM   #144
Junior LCF Member

It did Bren... Thanks...
Old 12-31-2013, 10:27 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Happy New Year

12/31 - 241.2

Happy Old Year, really. I'm impressed that I've managed to stick with this WOE for 3.5 months now and I'll honestly just be happy if I can keep it up through 2014. I'm thankful to bring in the new year at a new low, though it's not quite my goal of 239, I'm very happy with the number. I've been kicking around ideas of what my New Years Resolution should be and after lots of thought I've decided I won't be making one this year. When I first took on this journey back in September, I made a single decision at that moment in time -- that this was it. Not a diet. Not a 6 week program. Not a race.

I'm taking it one day at a time. One pound at a time. One decision at a time.

Scratching a New Year's resolution is not to say I won't have any goals. I have set goals and noted milestones along the way, which I will continue to do. These aren't in place to discourage me if I don't meet them, but more of a guide to encourage me when I see what is possible if I just stick to my plan. As an accountant, I love to play with numbers, I think it's fun to calculate how many weeks to X date and realistically see what weight I could be if I lose X lbs per week. Reaching for those goals, but not obsessing over them, is what keeps me sailing along.

In 2014, I hope to see three numbers that mark significant milestones.

1 - 226, this is my wedding weight of 2010, which I had to do a crash diet and lose 25 lbs just to get to. I would like to be near this goal by Valentine's Day, which I know is pushing it - but possible.

2 - 199, onederland. A number I haven't seen in at least 10 years, if not more. I'm setting this as my birthday goal on Apr 27th, which again is a stretch, but that would be the most amazing birthday EVER. It's a lot, it won't be easy, but it's possible.

3 - 178, Two milestones in one.
A) This is the lowest weight I can ever recall being and that was in my teens at some point, once again after losing 20 lbs on a crash diet to get there. I don't even know where to go beyond this number because I've never seen anything below it.
B) This will also mark my 100lbs lost milestone, from my starting point in September 2013, 278. I know it will be extremely difficult to get there and I probably have a better chance of winning the lottery, but If I do make it, I think I will be even more excited than if I had won the lottery. It's hard for me to even process this number, so I'm definitely not going to put a date on it, though I can say it would be nice to reach it by my one year anniversary: September 2014.

and well, that's it. I just want to get healthier, shed this extra weight, and live my life as it was meant to be lived.

Happy New Year everyone!
Old 12-31-2013, 05:22 PM   #146
Blabbermouth!!!

Great post. Great goals!

I'm confident that this is the year you make all of that a reality!

Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2014, 01:07 PM   #147
Junior LCF Member

I don't make New Years resolutions as I don't stick to them... I did promise myself that this year I was going to try my darndest to be healthy, and if that includes some exercise, well, so be it.

Happy New Year
from New Brunswick, Canada
Old 01-01-2014, 02:50 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

01/01/14 - 242.0

Thanks Danielle ~ I don't know if I'm confident, but I sure am hopeful!! We're on the right track for 2014, that's for sure!

Kat ~ Same here. I want to make progress, and make better choices, but I'm not going as far as a resolution. Besides, I've already done the hard stuff!! I quit sugar, quit pasta, quit potatoes, quit soda, quit candy, quit french fries. I'd say I'm good for the next few New Years'.

and now I'm hungry...
Good thing it's steak & asparagus night.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:04 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

01/02 - 242.4
No no scale, wrong way! Oh well, I've been on plan so I won't worry too much about it.

The next two months are going to be crazy stressful at work, so my goal is just to keep my head down, stay on top of everything and stay focused on my plan. Stress is dangerous for me when it comes to eating, so this will be a major test. Going to lunch at a great [read: fattening] restaurant has always been my midday escape from a stressful day at work, so I have to be careful with that. I've been kicking around the idea of squeezing in a few workouts whenever I can, probably after little one heads to bed. I really think I need to take it up a notch if I want to meet my Spring goals, plus supposedly it helps with stress. I'm not a cardio fan, but I loved working with kettle bells which combines strength training & cardio moves. It has been a while since I've done anything other than my elliptical though, I'll start slow and see what happens from there, but anything is better than nothing.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:09 AM   #150
Blabbermouth!!!

I swear, that scale has a mind of it's own Mine is being wonky too!

Doing kettlebells will be an great addition to your elliptical training! Anything is a step in the right direction...just think how far you'll be in a matter of just a couple months!

Stress is major--you're right, keep your head down and just keep going. You can do it!!