Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/225/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
Oh I think my son is going to have a blast! We are very excited for the holidays. Last year he was only a few months old at Christmas so he didn't really "get" it, but now he's into everything-- loves lights, begs for toys, dances to music, etc. I think it will be a lot of fun for all of us. My husband bought the tallest tree we could find -- 9 1/2 feet. I hope he plans on decorating it also because my short self won't be able to reach half of it.

I commend you on your tracking! I should probably do it more often and maybe then I could figure out what to increase/decrease to get back to losing. It's funny reading this board, it seems that every person has a completely different method that works.

:: My Journal ::

Don't give up what you want most, for what you want right now.
br3n is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #92
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
The scale's bouncy bounce is making the rounds, I see You know the drill...keep on a'mooooovin!

The holidays will be so fun in your house---little ones bring such joy!

Whoa! That's a big ole tree, isn't it! Pics please!!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

It sure was making it's rounds! I think we're back to our understanding though, the 255's have reappeared and hopefully I'm done with 256 for good. No time for all that bounciness!

11/12/13 - 255.6

B- Eggs
L- 1/4 Roast Chicken, green beans, salad w/blue cheese
D- T-Bones & another salad, hub's turn to cook.

Come onnn 254, I have goals to meet.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #94
Blabbermouth!!!

Crossing my fingers for a new low for you!

Oh yes, definitely a great day when the hubbs gets to cook!
Old 11-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

11/15/13 - 256.4

Super busy at work, not a lot of time for -- well, anything.
Still on plan, though still dining out too much for my liking.
Scale isn't happy, I've had lots of heavy foods this week --
steak twice, grilled chicken w/shrimp brochette, skillet 'pizza', wings.

I was expecting to see at least a wee loss by this point, but still bouncing around, so I guess it's time to shake it up. My first thought is to watch my portion sizes. Maybe increase the veggies/fat a little more, less protein. My food is all low carb or carb-free, but no matter what plan you're on, it's generally not a good idea to consume more than you will burn. We'll see how that goes.

No big plans this weekend, for the first time in a long time. Kinda looking forward to it, but I'm sure something will pop up. Going to rent a movie tonight and start doing some deep cleaning since I might host Thanksgiving at my house, which is JUST around the corner by the way. Where has this month gone??

Hope everyone is doing well!!
Old 11-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #96
Blabbermouth!!!

Try the changes and see if it helps...I highly doubt it will hurt anything. The scale WILL move at some point, this we know!

Seriously canot believe this month is half over It'll be the end of the year before we both know it!
Old 11-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

11/19/13 - 254.2

Not complaining today,the scale & I appear to finally be on the same page! Taco soup packed for lunch. Two bottles of water down. Bring it on.
Today marks the anniversary of two solid months on my Atkins/Low Carb plan, I'm pretty proud of myself! I'm almost certain this is the longest I've stuck with any single weight loss regimen in my entire life. Even my expensive "quick weight loss" program before my wedding was only 6 weeks. Before that, it was 3 weeks of this, 3 weeks of that, 3 weeks of nothing at all - a constant yo-yo for the past 15 years or so. I'm not super thrilled about only losing 2 lbs this entire month so far, but I've noticed patterns with myself where I rarely show a loss on paper within the first 2 weeks of any month - maybe it's related to TOM, hormones, or just because my body feels like it, but week 3-4 is when I usually start to see it budge, so I'm still hopeful! I'm still on plan so I know it SHOULD come off. It has to right??
I am, however, super thrilled with the fact that Catching Fire is out this week!!! EEP! I have waited so long for this movie. Date night is scheduled. I took the time to re-watch the first Hunger Games this weekend so I would remember where it left off. I also managed to get the giant tree up!! I am so excited for the holidays and this just makes me even more excited. I still need to decorate the mantle and figure out what we're going to do outside since plan A was a bust, but it's a start!
Old 11-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
Oh your tree is so Beautiful! Nice decorating. Don't worry you are doing right and staying on plan. The weight will come off. KUTGW!
mjgh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

Beautiful tree! I can't wait til we can get ours and decorate!!!

Congrats on 2 months...it's gone fast IMO..I hit 2 months a couple days ago and I couldn't believe all that time had passed already. Makes me super glad that I've stuck with things and now I'm down on the scale!

Just keep on truckin mama, the weightloss will come!!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

2 Months Down

Thanks! The tree turned out better than I expected, we found some "sparkling" random twinkle lights so it looks kind of animated in person. I wish I could keep it up all year. We still haven't had a chance to really decorate the new house which we've been in for 6 months now, so the tree helps!

Yes ma'am!! The past two months really have flown by, I'm so happy that I am still sticking to it.

I complain day to day due to the scale, but it's a good time to review and be thankful for the big picture:
  • Down 24 lbs in 2 months
  • Cravings are under control for the first time in my life
  • I feel like I am in control for the first time in my life
  • My old clothes are fitting
  • My confidence is returning
  • I have a waist again
  • I feel better physically
  • I feel better mentally
  • I have renewed faith that I CAN do this
  • I will do this. I am doing this.

Any time I feel down I just think back to this summer - I was so frumpy and depressed. Highest weight ever. Nothing fit right, no matter what size. My son was finally old enough to get out & about but I didn't want to do any summer activities because I was too embarrassed to leave my house in any clothing suitable for summer. I did suck it up and attend my nieces pool party, in public, because I didn't want my son to be left out. I thought it would be a good idea to wear a mesh cover up, a black one. Well, thanks to a pic my mother took, I realized I just looked like the loch ness monster. The cover up didn't hide me, it just made me stand out in the pool like a black hole. Not trying to have a pity party here, just reflecting on how far I've come in 2 short months. I was so broken and hopeless. I don't have that negative, sad, mental battle going on in my head anymore. I'm hopeful again. I have confidence again. I'm happy again. Yes, I'm still significantly overweight, but I'm working on it and that makes ALL the difference.

I caught a re-run of Extreme Weight Loss on Sunday, it was a woman approaching her 50's. While many of the things said and done on the show resonate with me, her statement that she regretted not living her life for so many years, allowing so many opportunities to pass her by, hit the nail on the head. I'm already that person at 30, and I definitely don't want to be that person another 20 years from now. We may be able to add a few years to our lives by getting healthier, but we never get that lost time back no matter what. I will do this.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
I'm brimming over with admiration and amazement. 24 lbs in 2 months! An astounding accomplishment...and a very healthy achievement as well.

Your post is so eloquent. I really was impressed by what you said about not letting opportunities pass us by, never getting time back and truly being engaged in living in the moment. A good reminder for all of us, no matter our age.

Congratulations on your success and especially for your improved health and mood!
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #102
Blabbermouth!!!

Great post, Bren!

Totally agree about letting life pass us by.. I feel like I finally put a halt to all of that, finally. I feel as if I'm getting my 2nd chance. It's especially important to me now that we're so close to becoming empty-nesters. I do not want to feel so badly, or be that sick that we can't enjoy our next chapter of life together. DH and I have so many plans for our next journey and I want to be able to live it all!
Old 11-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Lola - thanks for the kind words!

D - absolutely! You've got this. We've got this!

Guess who's at 252.8 this morning??? Hey hey!
I still have a looong way to go, but something about that number (and the fact that I've been stuck for 3 weeks) brings a huge smile to my face! I am now below my pre-pregnancy weight of over 2 years ago, so that's a significant milestone to me and deserves a mini-celebration:

{Yesterday}
B - Atkins bar
L - Taco Soup
D - Chicken Parm {baked} with buttered zucchini noodles

I'm seeing a trend where I appear to show a loss when I eat more chicken and less heavy meats like beef. Maybe I'm on to something.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

Old 11-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
Yeah! COngrats!!
mjgh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
yay
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Still going...252.2!

Today I realized that this is technically the most weight I've lost on any program. Ever. I did a really expensive quick weight loss program before my wedding, where people in lab coats weighed me every single day and called it "medical" supervision. The food was bland and horrible, there was no dining out unless it was plain salad, I had to purchase their fake protein "meals" in just-add-water packets, and basically starve myself. After all that, I lost 25 lbs before my wedding. It was better than nothing, but in comparison, this plan is so much more realistic for me (and my family!) and something I can really imagine doing long term. It's also FREE except the 2.99 for my used Atkins book, and uses everyday real food that my whole family can enjoy. I'd say that's a good thing since I have a long way to go. I'm only 3 lbs away from 30!!! I have never gone past 25 before...so I'm taking that as a challenge. Come on 248!!

Let's do this.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

So happy for you! 30 will be here quick!
Old 11-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

I know how you feel! While I never went the route of men in lab coats weighing me daily, I have always given up on any dieting strategy and never hit the weightloss that I am at right now. You are doing it!!!
Old 11-25-2013, 08:12 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

11/25 - 250.6 EEK! So close to a new decade, one I have not seen in a very long time!

I haven't really changed my eating habits, so I find my patterns of loss very interesting. It seems that my body holds on to the weight as long as it can and then finally lets it go when it realizes this girl is serious! I did a little shopping this weekend because I had some great coupons that were expiring. I found a few new blouses that fit me so much better than all of my old clothes, but no luck on the pants front. Thanksgiving week has finally arrived and I'm kind of excited about my first low carb Thanksgiving. We have a small menu planned since there won't be many of us staying home for Thanksgiving. I'm in charge of turkey, green beans, pumpkin bake and a faux stuffing. My mom is taking care of the ham and carby sides. I really wanted to surprise my husband with a LC version of pecan pie, but I haven't found anything that looks promising yet. We'll see...

Today is also the day we close on our house! I'm really surprised our first offer went through so quickly, but more than happy to have it done before the holidays. It's a little bittersweet, but we're ready!

Hope everyone has an amazing week!
Old 11-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

There is nothing better than being able to wear smaller clothes!
I still can't believe that we're almost to the end of the year already, that's crazy!!
So happy for you guys on your closing, that's awesome. Time to celebrate! Low Carb of course!

Congrat's on the losses chicky, things are clicking right along!
Old 11-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
There is nothing better than being able to wear smaller clothes!
I still can't believe that we're almost to the end of the year already, that's crazy!!
So happy for you guys on your closing, that's awesome. Time to celebrate! Low Carb of course!

Congrat's on the losses chicky, things are clicking right along!
Thanks Danielle! I know! I can't believe it either. Thanksgiving is in 2 days with Christmas is right around the corner, and then it's 2014!?

We had a good day yesterday. We ended up going to a steakhouse for a celebration lunch (all low carb!) and then to the movies to see Catching Fire since we were off work early. I was nervous about the sequel because sometimes they are never done as well, but it was great and I think the 3rd and final one will be the best yet. I was trying not to spoil it for my husband since he hasn't read the books, but I'm excited! I'm squaring away my final Thanksgiving menu today to make sure I have all of my groceries and the cooking will begin tomorrow.

I do enjoy fitting into smaller clothes, but unfortunately I just bought new clothes before losing weight. Now they are all pretty big on me. Ooops. Part of me wants to donate them, but another part wonders if this weight loss journey is for real this time or if I'll be needing them again in 6 months.

...and this is me deciding to donate them!
Old 11-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Our first low carb Thanksgiving...

was a success! My husband and I stayed on plan, we're totally stuffed, and it was all delicious!

Smoked turkey, baked ham, Widget's stuffing, The Neelys Green Beans with bacon, onion, garlic & pecans.

& Pumpkin cream cheese pie with a pecan crust, I even found some sugar free whipped cream in a can!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
Old 11-30-2013, 10:40 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

My widgets stuffing came out looking much darker than yours! I wonder if it's the brand of almond flour? My almond flour made the stuffing look dark. It tasted amazing though and I am still eating some
Old 12-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

The stuffing was delicious! It had all of the flavors of Thanksgiving and I didn't miss regular stuffing at all. Thanks for pointing out that recipe, I was about to try the more complicated ones that likely wouldn't have been any better. I used Bob's Red Mill almond flour.

12/01 - 249.6
Not a bad way to start the new month, with a new low and a new "decade." Now I just hope I'm not stuck for 3 weeks again. Overall I still managed to lose 7 lbs in November, which isn't bad considering the scale didn't move for over half the month.

After noticing that some of my clothes looked like bags on me, I took the time to go through my closet yesterday and donate a ton. I also found lots of smaller ones that I didn't even know where in there.

The next two months are going to be super busy and stressful at work with it being audit season, so that's my biggest challenge for December. I originally thought it would be all of the baked goods that magically appear throughout the month, but Thanksgiving proved those should not be a problem. So, here's to taking it one day at a time, and leaving the stress at work where it belongs.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

30 Lbs Down!

12/02 - 246.8 -32??
I sure was not expecting that, but I'm pretty excited! Now I just hope it doesn't bounce for 3 weeks which seems to be the trend at the beginning of each month. My ultimate goal has been 8-10 lbs per month and despite the ups and downs I've been pretty much within that range overall. I started on Sept 19th, so Dec 19th will be 3 full months. Wow, how time flies!

This is going to be a crazy busy month, I haven't decided if that's good or bad yet. I have 3 auditors here at work, all of my weekends are pretty much booked with kid stuff & shopping. I'm feeling really glad we put our tree up so early, we also managed to get the outdoor lights up yesterday. We spent two hours swapping bulbs because I insisted on having red & white lights but apparently no one sells them, so we made our own. A little crazy, but they're awfully cute and should last 5 years or so.

I'm excited that another month is here. Still in awe that I'm actually sticking to this WOE for once. And down 30 lbs!! Oh I've lost hundreds of pounds, but NEVER in my life have I been down 30 lbs at once! It's always lose 10 gain 15, lose 20 gain 30, etc etc. I honestly didn't know how far I would get with this WOE, but I'm still loving it- aside from the occasional remorse that I can't have popcorn, it just seems to fit. I'm still impressed that I don't have cravings for once in my life and I think that has been the missing key for me all along, no matter how dedicated I've been, the real world throws me off. But with this WOE, there are so many delicious things I can eat that I don't even feel like I'm dieting, dining out is the only tricky part but even then every restaurant has meat and veggies. It's also a huge help that my husband is on board with it and I don't have to make "weird" separate dishes for myself. Thankful. I can't wait to see what another month brings.

Happy December everyone!

Last edited by br3n; 12-02-2013 at 08:17 AM..
Old 12-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #117
Blabbermouth!!!

So proud of you

Always much easier when the whole fam is in on the eating plan--makes things so much easier! Congrat's to the hubbs for all of his accomplishments too!
Old 12-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

12/03 - 247.6
So much for my whoosh yesterday, I knew that was too good to be true. It's ok though, I'm still under my 30 lb mark, which is a huge milestone.

Food:
B: Atkins Shake
L: 1/4 Roasted chicken, green beans, greek salad
D: Burger patty with cheese, mustard, & pickles with green beans on the side
S: The most amazing creme brulee coffee from Target, 1T HWC, 1 pack splenda

I've been at this for a while now, so I decided to go back through my daily weigh-ins and compile a spreadsheet on my computer. It's interesting to see the minimal change on a daily and weekly basis, with a ton of bounces and sticking for long periods, but overall, here I am 30 lbs lighter in just under 3 months. It's getting slower, and harder, as expected but I still wonder--what can I do in the next 3 months? I set a pretty ambitious goal to be in ONEderland by my birthday at the end of April. I also set some goals along the way as guidelines, like a New Years goal to be in the 230's, Valentines Goal 220's, and Easter 210's. It's going to be tough and I sure hope my body cooperates, but if all goes as planned (), that will be the first time to see 199 on my scale since my late teens. That would also be the best birthday EVER and I'm going to do everything in my power to try to make that happen. I know I may not meet the exact dates, but I'm determined to get this weight off. Something finally clicked this time around, in September I had a teeny tiny little spark of hope which has now turned into a firecracker. I'm doing this. One day at a time...
Old 12-03-2013, 02:04 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
So proud of you

Always much easier when the whole fam is in on the eating plan--makes things so much easier! Congrat's to the hubbs for all of his accomplishments too!
Thanks Danielle! Yes it definitely helps, especially since we have all 3 meals together every day! LC recipes are tasty which makes it easier since he actually enjoys the food -- that was NOT the case when I was vegetarian. He will never eat a soy product again, poor guy. Or Tofurkey.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #120
Blabbermouth!!!

It's still 2 pounds! That's nearly unheard of for me.

I think you will meet or come very close to your goals..the attitude is the best part of all of this. As long as you are able to roll with change and accept the progress that you will continue to see (with or without meet those #'s) you will go a long long way.

When it clicks it clicks!