Old 04-02-2014, 10:43 AM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/224/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengeeny View Post
I just bought a food processor and am excited to try my hand at making cauli-rice. It looks so yummy!!!!
That's great! It is yummy, can be flavored any way you like and makes a ton! I avoided trying it for a while because it looked like a lot of work, and frankly I didn't believe it would be anything like rice, but the hardest part is washing the processor and it's just as tasty as any rice dish without the guilt.
--------------------------------------------------

I made the Japanese version of cauliflower rice last night, it was a success! It was nice to have something different also, after doing this for nearly 7 months. I used to go to Hibachi restaurants pretty regularly, so that's something I've missed. It makes at least 6-8 cups. I ate about 2 cups worth in a bowl, scooped a cup out for my son, and DH ate the rest. I'm glad he finished it off or I probably would have eaten too much.

I decided to step out of my shell today and wear a dress! A leopard print dress, at that. I'm not just out of my shell, I'm running far away from it at full speed. I kept seeing these ads for a plus clothing "subscription" trial, so I went for it -- it's been fun! I've tried on a lot of new brands to see how they fit, and even purchased a few. But, I don't know if I'd actually pay for it long-term. The down side is you can't choose what they send, or when they send it-- you just bookmark some things you like and they send them as they become available. Anyhoo -- other than my ridiculously pasty legs, I'm feeling kinda cute in it. Despite the scale woes, I can tell my body is changing shape. Even though I haven't lost much weight, I must be losing inches because I feel like I look better. It's depressing to go to the gym 12 times (12 hours) in 1 month and not lose a single lb from when you started, BUT, apparently it has other benefits.

I'm a little bummed that our weekend trip may be postponed, it looks like it's going to rain there all day Sunday. We're still thinking about it since meteorologists aren't always right, but likely not. If that doesn't happen I guess I should think of something to do on our anniversary Friday night. Honestly, every celebration has always revolved around food and I'm just over that. Steakhouses are fine, but I usually like DH's steak just as well if not better. eh, we'll see.

:: My Journal ::

Don't give up what you want most, for what you want right now.
br3n is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2014, 11:41 AM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
I'm going for it. I'm making a Chinese dish tonight, and I want to try my hand at fried cauli rice to go with it. Should be a snap now that I have the food processor.

Personally, I think you look stunning in your new avatar. Sounds like a cool website. How much is it to join? I might wanna try it out...although my new size is 12 in pants, and I haven't worn a dress in YEARS...so who knows what that would be...
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:34 PM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Thanks! I don't feel much smaller, but I just saw some old pictures from October and holy moly...

I miss Chinese food so much, hope you enjoy! I definitely recommend tossing in some chicken bouillon, in addition to any seasonings you use -- it helps turn it into something more like rice and less like cauliflower.

I just PM'd you more info about the website, I got in a bit of trouble last time I posted a link to a business so I'm not entirely sure if it's allowed or not.

I can't believe you're already in the 160's--- that is amazing!!! WTG!

Last edited by br3n; 04-02-2014 at 12:36 PM..
Old 04-02-2014, 01:11 PM   #274
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
You look great! Something is most definitely happening. I figured you were shrinking despite that nasty scale's insistence on filling your head with lies!
So happy for you!!

Great food pics! Do tell more about the muffin, that looks pretty tasty. Does it taste like chocolate?

Sorry to hear about your trip possibly getting cancelled.. Hopefully you'll find something else fun to do! We go out to dinner every week so when I think about anniversaries or other celebrations, the last thing I wanna do is go and eat .....just seems too impersonal anymore when it's a regular thing, KWIM?

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:33 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Thanks D! I'm grateful to have you here to keep me on track when I feel like quitting because of that lyin' cheatin' scale! I was feeling discouraged, but when I put on the dress and actually didn't hate it for once, I knew something must be happening. Then I saw those pics from October. I need to find a full body one for comparison, I don't think I've done a progress update in a while.

I sure do KWYM! I'm tired of "going out to eat" being the highlight of every celebration, it's just food. I eat everyday, so where's the fun in that? I think I finally talked DH into a real vacation, but we were aiming for another month or two, closer to our birthdays. We were busy with the new house last year on our 30th bdays and didn't get to do anything special, so I'm determined to make up for it this year!

The muffins are definitely chocolatey!!! Especially when you add the SF chocolate chips. I don't know if they're induction friendly because of the almond flour, but it's only 1/4 cup in 4 muffins. Here's the recipe as written from Linda's website.

3 MINUTE CHOCOLATE CAKE
1/4 cup almond flour, 1 ounce
1 tablespoon cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon granulated Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon water
1 egg

Mix the almond flour, cocoa, baking powder and granulated Splenda, if using, in a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Stir in the liquid Splenda, if using, butter, water and egg. Mix well with a spoon or fork. Scrape batter down evenly with a rubber spatula. Cover with plastic wrap * and vent by cutting a small slit in center. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute until set but still a little moist on top. I had to do mine for 1 minute 20 seconds. Cool slightly and serve warm topped with whipped cream or cool completely and frost as desired.

Makes 2 servings
Can be frozen

With granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 237 Calories; 22g Fat; 7g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per serving: 227 Calories; 22g Fat; 7g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

I keep it simple -- melt the butter in a bowl first, then add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl, then put in 4 silicone liners. Dividing into 4 makes them 1 net carb a piece, or 2 if using powdered Splenda. I use liquid sucralose drops (EZ-Sweetz) because it's less carbs. You can also leave the batter in the bowl and then it kinda looks like a real cake, just a very small one. The addition of a couple tablespoons of SF chocolate chips makes it 10x better. Sometimes I add vanilla or caramel extract, and sub Torani SF Vanilla Syrup for the water. Sometimes coconut. Sometimes cinnamon. DH requests that one a lot and I don't mind since it's made in the microwave.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:50 PM   #276
Blabbermouth!!!

I think what has gotten my attention the last few weeks has been spending some time looking at other people's journey's... if you ever have the time and are part of instagram, there are some AMAZING people with incredible success going on... I don't think I have ever been more inspired to find fitness as my core focus.. These women all have in common the fact that they work out religiously, and eat clean, but their focus is on the visual, mental, and how they're feeling.. I don't think there's ever a whole lotta talk about the scale or numbers often...It's very liberating to see.

Thanks for the recipe. That actually may be something my DD will like since she is gluten intolerant...and a major chocoholic I may opt to use this for reward days when I'm back to cycling!
Old 04-02-2014, 02:48 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Oh yeah! I didn't even think about them being a GF option!

That's great, I'll have to check into it. I think I have an instagram account, just rarely use it. Do you just browse...or is there a specific group? Not sure how it works, really. I'm learning, slowly but surely, to let go & have faith that it will happen eventually as long as I'm sticking to the program. Part of the reason I've failed in the past is because I rely too heavily on the scale, rather than just focusing on getting fit. But even after acknowledging that, it's easier said than done! We all know by now that it's more typical for the scale not to cooperate for periods of time, than for it to be a straight shot. It's staying strong through those rough spots that's making a difference this time around.

I admire those people who can focus & get it done without questioning every little step of the way, I'm pretty sure that's the secret to success. Letting go & having faith. My ultimate plan is to {hopefully} get the excess weight off with LC, then slowly transition to a clean paleo-ish diet long term and once there stay active, for life. I guess when I was younger I just cared about losing lbs, and then went back to my old ways once I was over it, but the older I get the more I realize how important overall fitness is. Especially after my rough pregnancy, when I swelled to over 300 lbs and waddled like a penguin!! Even my nose swelled! I think my bones are still out of whack from all that waddling. I really want to try for baby #2 soon, but not until I get my weight and fitness in check. The scary part is that I was actually paranoid about what I ate and tried to keep it healthy for my baby, and I still had issues.

Hopefully someday.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:15 PM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

I tried Linda Sue's version of chinese cauli rice, and it turned out amazing!! You have got to try it
Old 04-02-2014, 04:24 PM   #279
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, I was originally just following some past Biggest Loser contestants and a couple of those girls post about various people they were following and it just kinda snowballed from there.. There are some AMAZING people on there, it's fantastic!

I have every confidence you'll get it done... you're head is in the right place and you'll figure it all out. Patience isn't my strong suit either but I always promise myself every day that I will just keep trying... Believing in the process is a huge step, and a very scary one!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:13 PM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Today I realized it had been a while since I took a progress pic, so I had my husband snap one when we got home and then searched for my original....

Bittersweet...

I can't believe I am even posting this, for the whole world to potentially see. I have mixed feelings about it, but I think it's an important part of this process. To let go. To stop hiding. It's a reminder of how far I've come & where I never want to be again. It's a reminder that I can do this, because I'm already doing it. It's also a reminder that I still have a long way to go & reinforces my desire to make it happen.

Here goes nothin'....

Old 04-02-2014, 08:17 PM   #281
Senior LCF Member

So true, D! This process is a journey, for sure. With ups, downs, wins, fails, tears, joy, tears of joy..lol-- staying in the game is the hardest part--but we're still here. Thanks, I'll have to check that out on Instagram.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:19 PM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Sounds good, Lisa, I'll have to try that one!!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:34 PM   #283
Blabbermouth!!!

You look amazing! What a difference!!!! I truly hope you can see that and get super excited about how far you have come. So incredibly proud of you

Definitely a process! Learning to trust it has been immensely hard for me, always a work in progress for sure. I'm finding that It boils down to me trusting ME. To have the confidence in knowing that I can do this and that I am stronger than I realize. For sure all mental! I feel like I have come so far compared to even last year. Instead of saying I hope or I wish to get to goal, I find myself saying WHEN I get to goal.

Keep on truckin mama, it's definitely paying off!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:38 PM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Look at you...you hot tamale! Looking fantastic. I hate my fat pics (also known as before pics) as well. BUT...I LOVE comparing them to my new pics and I love all the compliments I get too.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:14 AM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/210/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
Wow, you look amazing! I love the dress too! So inspiring! Thank you for sharing.
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:54 AM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Awe, thanks ladies! I told DH he needs to work on his photog skills, so much for my black background--definitely just a chick standing in front of a fridge with poor lighting. Lol!

I'm not even to my half way point yet, but it's good for the mental process to visually see that I am making some progress, when I feel like I'm not. Of course, that didn't keep me off the scale this morning. I really need to get DH to stash it for me! Luckily, it was good news -- new low of 227.6, but I really need to stop weighing so often, especially while working out. Drives me nuts...

Yesterday:

B: Shake
L: Chipotle salad, with chicken, lil pico, lil sour cream, lil cheese, ton of guac.
D: Rotisserie chicken & rum w/cherry coke zero. I decided to drink instead of cook. One of those days...
S: 1 cup of coffee, 1T cream, 2 Splendas

I didn't eat too much yesterday and found myself pretty hungry this morning, so I'm attempting to listen to my body and added an extra egg to breakfast.

Today:
B: 3 eggs, 1T green chiles, 2T jack cheese
L: Luby's -- 1/4 chicken, green beans, salad w/ranch
D: Pork chops w/roasted brussels sprouts
S: 1 cup coffee, 1T cream, 2 Splendas & string cheese
Old 04-03-2014, 11:31 AM   #287
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah whenever I have DH take pics I have to plan for it to take at least 30 min... it's never a "quick" thing with him... But I love the guy, what can I say! The fact that he is actually willing to stand there for 30 min. to do it and NEVER complain...it's gotta be true love, right?

Lovin those numbers, chicky!!
Old 04-03-2014, 02:34 PM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Well at least he puts effort into it! Mine will take one snap and he's done, take it or leave it. Of course, he thinks I'm crazy with my little online journal anyway -- but, it keeps me on track!

Thanks! ~ I was happy to see the scale budge, finally, but at the same time disappointed that I got on there to begin with. I think I'm scared to stop weighing now since I just had that little bout where I went UP 5 lbs for no apparent reason.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:27 PM   #289
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh no the hubbs knows better than to offer me a take it or leave it picture .... He's learned over the years, I've trained him well Just wait, in another 10 years he'll be taking as long as you need him to!

That was always my reasoning as to why I used the scale every day...but when I really started to think about it, it was really hurting me mentally... it's good to skip a few days, even... we'll get there!
Old 04-04-2014, 12:08 PM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Oh, he has definitely come a long way in the 10 or so years we've been together, but we both have some work to do when it comes to patience and compromise. We're both the same sign -- the stubborn bull, Taurus, and it shows. I don't take astrology too seriously, but it's funny how much we are alike, sometimes that's a good thing-- but other times, not so much! Either way, I love the guy...I never believed in soul mates til I met him.

Today marks our 4th anniversary. Unfortunately, our weekend family trip is officially post-poned, which leaves us with nothing on the agenda. But that's ok -- next weekend isn't far.

Water aerobics was fun last night, the new teacher was introduced--the running coach. I have a feeling he's going to mix it up with his own routine, should be fun. The other instructor was my favorite so far, but she'll still be teaching Tuesday's class. I think I'll like this guy too, he has no problem calling us out... "Get those legs higher" "No bouncing, use your muscles" "You! Move faster!" I got a thumbs up the whole time, but he was cracking me up. He picks on us younger ones a bit.

I finally found my measuring tape so I could take measurements again. I could tell by my latest pic that even though I've only lost 12 measly lbs in the past 3 months, my body seems to be changing shape. It turns out, with that measly 12 lbs I lost another 2" from my hips and 2" from my waist. Nothing huge, but not bad!

Month 1: 45" waist and 56" hips, Size 24
Month 4: 39" waist and 49" hips, Size 18/20
Month 6: 37" waist and 47" hips, Size 16/18 (top/bottom)

My 18's that I bought during Month 4 are pretty loose now, but I'm going to wait until I lose a bit more before buying any smaller ones.

This definitely makes me feel better about my scale woes and gives me a little boost of confidence to let go of it for a while. I just want to get healthy, get fit, and shrink in the process. If this is truly a lifestyle change, which I fully intend for it to be, I have to learn to let go of the need for instant gratification and just do what I need to do.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 04-05-2014, 10:47 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Woohoo-- workout, swim lessons, laundry and dishes are done. Productive day so far! Once DH finishes his tune up, we're probably heading to the beach, mostly just to walk around and spend some time with our LO. He has never been to the beach before so it's more of a trial run before we book a big beachy vacation. We had a late breakfast since we rushed out of here to get to the gym on time, so I decided to make something special. All week my husband kept saying he was going to Whataburger to get this new breakfast sandwich he saw advertised: Sausage, egg & cheese on a jalapeno cheddar biscuit. Umm....drool! Those were already my favorites, and they added jalapenos.

Challenge accepted...!

And tweaking a basic LC biscuit recipe from the awesome site "All Day I Dream About Food", challenge met!

It could be my hunger speaking, but I'm thinking this was one of my favorite LC foods to date-- the double-egg, sausage & cheese jalapeno cheddar biscuit sandwich. Wow, that was a mouthful. Pun totally intended.

I am so stuffed, and even though my husband ate way more than his share, we still have 6 biscuits left for tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:01 AM   #292
Blabbermouth!!!

Love those measurements! You are really shrinking!!!!

Hopefully the new water aerobics coach turns out to really know his stuff!! Sounds so fun!!!

Does DH go to the gym too?? I would LOVE that!! And I imagine the kiddo had a blast, once again in the water!

Holy yum factor, Batman! Those biscuits looked amazing!!! I think I've been to that site you mentioned... but I certainly don't remember that recipe! Do tell!! I think I might be able to even fit that into my program once in awhile, those look FAB!!!

Oh, and I LOVE Whataburger....

Have fun at the beach today, sounds like a wonderful family day!
Old 04-05-2014, 11:25 AM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Danielle! I'm glad I take measurements periodically, it helps a lot when I have a scale fail. DH is not a gym guy, he will only use his weights at home--but today he dropped us off because he wanted to get the tires rotated and run a few errands before our trip next week. It worked out perfectly!

Here is the recipe I used! I just added about 3T diced jalapenos to mine and 2T of golden flax seed mostly for texture and fiber, but I'm sure they're fine without!

Low Carb Cheddar Drop Biscuit Recipe | All Day I Dream About Food

It was one of the most bread-like recipes I've found yet and was stable enough to hold my mountain of eggs and sausage with no problems, so I'm excited to try out a few more ideas with it!

And I love Whataburger too! I miss it. We occasionally have their burger patties, but not often. I didn't know they had them outside of Texas!

Last edited by br3n; 04-05-2014 at 11:28 AM..
Old 04-05-2014, 12:13 PM   #294
Blabbermouth!!!

I used to despise doing measurements...what for I really couldn't tell you LOL But, learning to embrace new things nowadays and I'm realizing the importance of them and why so many trainers stress this over & over again..
Maybe someday I'll be willing to take a sledge hammer to my scale, but for now I'm pretty excited about once a week weigh-ins!

Thanks for the recipe. If anything, again, my DD will probably like those biscuits and she can definitely afford those calories!
Old 04-07-2014, 12:34 PM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wish
Stats: 215/183/145
WOE: Atkins/ketogenic
Start Date: January 18 2014
You look really great in that dress Bren! You have come so far!

Those bisquits look soooo good, I will have to make those!
wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:24 PM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Wish! The biscuits were great, I think I'm going to double the recipe next time.

Danielle, I think we tend to dismiss measurements because it takes so long to see progress, where the scale is more instant. (Unless you're me. ) I honestly had no intentions of taking them at first, but I'm glad I decided to.

I'm a little bummed today-- the weather forecast to our little weekend getaway destination is once again looking stormy. I have really been looking forward to this, so that's depressing! I'm going to keep an eye on it over the next several days and hope it changes, or at least rolls forward to Monday. I decided to make Monday my official weigh-day, weight is still the same--bouncing between 227 & 228. If I can at least see a 226 at some point this week, I'll feel much better--hint hint Universe.

Food was good this weekend. I ended up taking LO swimming on Sunday as well since it was a rainy day out, that guy has waaay too much energy to be cooped up in the house all day, so we had to do something. It was great, until he started yelling "Yuck!" and I saw that he pooped in the floor of the dressing room. Thankfully, the shower head had a hose so I could get rid of it. Ah, toddlers...

Saturday

Before workout: bulletproof coffee It tastes pretty darn amazing, but I cant wrap my mind around drinking butter and coconut oil for breakfast.
Brunch: jalapeno cheddar biscuit, sausage patty, 2 eggs, 1/4 slice cheese
Linner: zucchini lasagna
Snack: Atkins bar

We got off to a late start, so breakfast was more like lunch and lunch was closer to dinner, so I only had two actual meals.

Sunday:
B: Another biscuit sandwich with leftovers
L: Another slice of zucchini lasagna (even better the next day)
D: Pork chops with roasted brussels sprouts and a salad w/ranch
S: 4 strawberries, diced & topped with SF whipped cream + 1 cup of coffee with cream

Monday:
B: Avocado shake
L: roasted chicken leg & thigh, 1/2c green beans, 2c salad w 2T ranch
D: Hibachi chicken fried cauliflower "rice" - prepped last night to save myself some trouble
S: 2 cups of coffee w/ cream ~ one AM one PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:25 AM   #297
Blabbermouth!!!

Crossing my fingers for new numbers for you!!! I'm almost scared to see what mine are on Thursday....yes, I peeked yesterday and I was UP

Bummer about the weather stuff for your trip Can you find something to do indoors and still get away?

Gotta love kids, eh?
Old 04-09-2014, 10:36 AM   #298
Senior LCF Member

Soooo, it looks like our road trip is back ON for this weekend! Woohoo! I'm more excited than a kid. First stop is Sea World and then if we have time, the brand new waterpark Aquatica, which looks amazing. I think my LO is going to LOVE it, but this will be our first road trip and official vacation, so I'm not sure how he's going to handle being in the car for so long. We're starting small, only 3.5 hours away. Hopefully all goes well so we can plan more trips this Spring & Summer.

Water aerobics went well last night, I was tired but gave it my all. The instructor was trying to talk me into teaching it, they must be desperate. I appreciate the gesture, but I'm not outgoing enough for all that. I'd probably die of embarrassment before I even got started.

Yesterday, 226.8:
B: Coconut almond bar, on the run
L: Burger "steak" w/cheese & bacon, zucchini, salad w/ranch
D: Ribeye & broccoli with butter
S: 1 cup of coffee w/cream, 4 strawberries, 1 Russel Stovers SF candy

Today, 227.2:
B: 2 eggs & 1/2 small sausage link
L: Chipotle steak salad
D: ?? Either meatballs or chicken, will update tomorrow.
S: 1 cup of coffee w/ cream
Old 04-09-2014, 11:37 AM   #299
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay! Road trippin!!!! I think kiddo will be fine. Sounds like you have a great trip planned and he will have a blast!

Ooooooo swim instructor, Bren! Might be fun?
Old 04-09-2014, 03:51 PM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Ha, right. They seem to have trouble keeping instructors for that class long-term, so I guess they're always trying to recruit. I'm wondering now if the running coach on Thursday's is only a temp? I just hope they don't cancel, I'm really enjoying the classes. It's a perfect mix of cardio and resistance.

It's going to be tough getting through the next two days of work... I'm so excited, I want to go now. My husband is probably more worried about me on the road trip than our son.... "Are we there yet!?!?" Kidding! I'm not that bad, but a vacation is long overdue!