Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 06:41 AM   #1141
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
How about a sugar free, non alcoholic pina colada? I am sure you could spice it up with alcohol, but why bother when you are hanging with the kids lol...cuz that's who will be drinking theirs with me!!

1/4 c coconut milk
1 T lime juice
Diet lemon lime soda, or diet lemonade

In a large glass, fill with ice, coconut milk and lime juice, top with some soda. Voila
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2014, 07:55 AM   #1142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengeeny View Post
You have to be invited to the group by email. If you are interested, send me your email, and I will send you an invite. The administrator has to approve you, but I got approved within a day. It's a pretty nice group of ladies, and lots of new recipe ideas.
They have "messaging" turned off. Or if it's on, I don't know how to use it.

Anyway....here's my email address. I'm putting in a few * and some spaces so a skimmer doesn't find my address.

So...take out the * and the spaces and you'll have it.

j*m*evans*99 @ y a h o o . c*o*m
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:57 AM   #1143
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mjks920
Hi Lisa,

I will also send to you the way parisfox did. Here is my email minus the asteriks.

m*j*k*s9*2*0@aol.co*m
mjks920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:19 AM   #1144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
Thanks, Lisa...got the invite and I should get some time next week to really look around the website. Any suggestions on getting familiar with it?
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:07 PM   #1145
Major LCF Poster!

I haven't been on here in a while, and honestly, it isn't looking pretty. I have a new attraction to anything nachos I have really only gained about 4 lbs, which is good, but I find myself mentally slipping almost every other day. I need to get back to holding myself accountable.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:21 PM   #1146
Major LCF Poster!

I think I am going to make these fat bombs tomorrow. Something to get my fat intake up.

1 cup coconut butter (almond butter may also work, coconut oil will not work)

1 cup coconut milk (full fat, canned) Note: do not use low fat from a box!!!

1 tsp vanilla extract (gluten free)

1/2 tsp nutmeg

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp stevia powder extract (or to your taste)

(Or 2-3 Tbsp raw honey if you don’t mind the carbs)

1 cup coconut shreds

Directions:

Place a glass bowl over a sauce pan with a few inches of water in it to create a double boiler.

Place all the ingredients except shredded coconut in a double boiler over medium heat.

Mix the ingredients while waiting for them to melt.

When all the ingredients are combined remove the bowl from the heat.

Place the bowl in the fridge until it is hard enough to roll into balls, about 30 minutes.

Roll the contents into one inch balls and roll them through the coconut shreds.

Place the balls on a plate and refrigerate for one hour.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...eightress.html

Old 06-17-2014, 05:36 AM   #1147
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Nachos, chips, anything salty/crunchy are my weakness too! Dust off girl and jump back on!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:05 AM   #1148
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Glad you are back ! We missed you !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:12 AM   #1149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
Mmmmmmm Love the fat bombs, so satisfying, and a great way to get those calories in! Thanks for sharing that recipe, I usually make mine with cream cheese and butter- which reminds me I am due for a new batch.

Good to see you back! I miss reading about your awesome food creations :-)
Sicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:40 AM   #1150
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday was my 39th birthday, and as a gift to myself, I told everyone to please not bring cake. I told them I was doing a meat/fat fast kicking off ON my birthday. You should have seen their faces. No cake?? Ha ha ha. I told them they could bring cake, but don't be upset if I didn't indulge. So, my sister did get an ice cream cake, and good thing she did, because ice cream cake is her fave, and honestly, it does NOTHING for me. So, it was easy peasy lemon squeezy to avoid it.

Andrew, my sweet Andrew, bought me a keurig for my birthday!!!! I can now enjoy my iced coffees without hidden carbs, and without breaking my budget...$2 a day through McD's drive thru adds up. AND...sometimes it tastes sweeter, which makes me often wonder if they put the sugarfree vanilla in, or the full fledged sweetener. No more worries. I just had a dunkin donuts sample over ice in a tall glass, with 2 tbsp of davinci's sf kahlua and 2 tbsp hwc. OMG. Heaven. Then, for breakfast, I fried up 5 bob evans sausage links in butter and a dot of olive oil, and dipped them into 2 tbsp sour cream mixed w/ a little horseradish mustard and yellow mustard. Didn't even use a third of the concoction, but wow...delish!

I am working a double today, but I did get a new job. I now have two jobs. Needed the extra income to help pay towards college and the new car payment. So, I have a part-time job at Buffalo Wild Wings. And, it is lc heaven!!!! They have so many sauces that are 1-3 carbs per 2 tbsp. And, no breading on their traditional wings. I am still at Macaroni Grill as well. And, still manipulating their menu...as always

Have a great day everybody! I will be checking in....
Old 07-10-2014, 07:50 AM   #1151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 44 down, 104 to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 Goal: Under 50g carbs day
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Glad this popped back up on my threads! Happy Birthday!
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:17 AM   #1152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
so nice to see you back here. Your food ideas are always so amazing. You have been missed!
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:53 PM   #1153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bubbles1234
Stats: 182.6/171.2/150 (5'10")
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 4/1/14
It's great to see you posting again. Congrats on the lowcarb birthday celebration, and your second job!
bubbles1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:23 PM   #1154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
WTG on your new job & great birthday!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:05 PM   #1155
Major LCF Poster!

Long day today I ate pretty well though!!

B-1 iced coffee w/ 2tbsp davincis kahlua and 2 tbsp hwc, 5 pan sauteed bob evans sausages in butter/olive oil then dipped in a mixture of 1 tbsp sour cream and some horseradish mustard
L-5 spicy garlic wings, 5 thai curry wings 2 oz. blue cheese dressing and six celery pieces
D-WHOLE zucchini, cut into quarters, then each quarter cut in half, topped w/parmesan and herbs and baked at 350 for 15 mins. Topped w/ more shaved parm and broiled for 3 mins. Topped with 2 tbsp ranch, 1 tsp srirachi and a bunch of bacon bits. OMG. I wish I would have taken a picture of it. It was so scrumptious.

I'm exhausted now. About to read some of my new book "12 tribes of Hattie" by Ayana Mathis. Good night. ANd, htank you for the birthday wishes
Old 07-11-2014, 07:25 AM   #1156
Major LCF Poster!

Just woke up to a fresh iced coffee Put 1 tbsp davinci's sf hazelnut in it and 2 tbsp hwc. Also, made myself a mushroom omelet. Sauteed two cut up button mushrooms in butter and webers steak seasoning mix. Then made the two egg omelet with the mushrooms and some italico cheese I had in the fridge. And, I am only working until 5 today! Ha ha, a friday night off is unheard of in my land...not sure what I am going to do yet!
Old 07-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #1157
Major LCF Poster!

Lunch today was a grilled chicken breast, topped with swiss, buffalo wild wings carribean jerk sauce (about 4.5 carbs worth) and a tomato slice. Six celery pieces with 2 oz. of ranch dressing. YUM YUM YUM
Old 07-11-2014, 05:20 PM   #1158
Major LCF Poster!

AND...for the grand finale...grilled chicken parmesan.

First I drizzled olive oil and sprinkled Weber grill seasoning onto 6 chicken cutlets. (That's how many were in the package)

I broiled it in the oven for 3 minutes, then flipped it, oiled and seasoned them and broiled for another 3 minutes. While that was cooking I chopped up 3 garlic cloves and one very small onion.

Then, I sauteed them in a little olive oil with crushed red pepper.

Then, I added one can of fire roasted tomatoes, and an entire package of torn basil.

After that simmered for about two minutes, I layed the chicken in an oblong cake pan, topped it with my "sauce" and sprinkled just a tiny bit of parmesan on top. Then thin slices of mozzarella.

Broil for 3 minutes, add bagged lettuce and dressing, and voila!!!

This was delicious. Not sure how many carbs, but VERY low Maybe 3 tops per serving.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:37 PM   #1159
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
looks delish . Glad you're back !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:28 AM   #1160
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Laura!

This morning was a different type of challenge for me. Everyone who knows me knows that I love to cook, and often create my own dishes. Well...about 4 years ago, when football season first started for Andrew, I created these potatoes and started taking them to football Thursday night dinners. Everyone fell in love with them and they soon became a most requested dish. Well today is one of those football players graduation parties, and his mom requested me to make those exact potatoes. In the middle of making the first batch, I just knew that I was going to eat one, because they smelled so good, and looked so good...and I just knew.

So, quick thinking took action. The cheese combination that I use is a mexican blend, bacon bits, parsley and green onions. A low carb mix.

I also baste a bbq sauce over the potato slices before adding the cheese mix, AND...just my luck, I just bought a new Guy's bbq sauce today

So...what is the quickest thing to make besides a sandwich? An omelet I started it up and seasoned it exactly the way I do the potatoes.

Then added a little bit of the cheese mixture as the filling.

To finish, I drizzled 2 tbsp of teh bbq sauce over top and just a pinch of the filling on top as well. It was the best quick thinking I have done in a long time, and it cured that massive craving.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:13 PM   #1161
Major LCF Poster!

B~iced coffee with 2 tbsp davincis kahlua, 1tbsp hwc; sf lime jello w/whipped cream
L~grilled chicken breast w/desert heat seasoning, cheddar jack cheese, bacon and pico; potato wedges topped w/cheese and sour cream (not lc at all)
D~beef tips and egg noodles (not lc either)

The day started off well enough, but as I went on, I found myself not even WANTING to eat what I normally would. I figured that I may as well have a little forbidden food for the day, and that way I won't be bingeing for the next week. Already, in my head I am figuring out my menu for tomorrow. Starting with cream cheese pancakes Sounds yummy! I am exhausted right now. Worked from 11:30 am until 10 pm this evening. Long day. And, that may have had something to do with the carb cravings too. Just too tired. Normally, that doesn't matter because I love cooking, but today I just wasn't feeling it.

I did pick up Dana Carpendar's slow cooker recipe book from the library, and tonight I dogeared a few recipes that I plan on putting onto index cards and adding to my collection.

AND...tomorrow I have agreed to go on a date. His name is Brian, and he asked me out a few years ago, when I first moved to Brooklyn. But I wasn't ready, and shot him down. His son and my son are in the same grade (Christian, my 12 year old). So, we are "double dating" with our boys in tow. Taking them to a local spot here called Whiskey Island. It is very family friendly, live music, outdoor dining at picnic tables, dog friendly, etc. This is my first date in a VERY long time. I am a little excited and a little nervous. It will help with the boys along, because they are good friends. I never let anyone meet my children, but this is sort of by default that he already knows my son. I hope we have a fun time.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:58 AM   #1162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 44 down, 104 to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 Goal: Under 50g carbs day
Start Date: March 16th 2014
oh... a date. Let us know!
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:35 PM   #1163
Major LCF Poster!

The date was pretty fun. Awkward at moments. It honestly felt like our children were trying to push us together lol. As the sun began setting, I started getting chilly. My hands were cold, and Brett, Brian's son, said to me, you should hold my dad's hand, his hands are always warm. It was too cute. I love that Brian was all eager to get down and dirty and play with the boys. There were moments of awkwardness...but over all it was a great night. And, we both agreed that we should do it again.

This morning for breakfast I made a MIM. Haven't had one of those in forever, and forgot just how delicious they are Lunch consisted of 7 cucumber slices topped with a jalapeno crab dip by Sea Gold. Also, some rotisserie chicken from the store dipped in homemade ranch/sriracha sauce combined. YUM. Well, then I took a low carb wrap and mixed some more ranch/sriracha and filled more rotisserie chicken in it, and ate that too.

So far today, for snacks, I have had a sf jello w/whipped cream and an atkins chocolate covered almonds.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:03 AM   #1164
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Your food always looks so amazing! So, will you be seeing Brian again without the BOYS? It might be much less awkward if you do!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:36 AM   #1165
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
Great food ideas! I wonder about making the potato things with squash or turnip or parsnip or something like that sliced into discs. Looks AWESOME!!!

Thanks for posting the labels on stuff, VERY helpful! I always buy hunts garlic & herb tomato sauce because it's the lowest in sugar and still tastes great. I may try the fire roasted garlic diced tomatoes in place of it now, they sound delicious! Oh and the crab meat, wow.....I'm surprised at how low sugar that is!! I need to find me some of that kind!
Sicca is offline   Reply With Quote