Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 04:17 AM   #961
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
Breakfast of champions 3/4 c spiral noodles (dreamfields) w/ roasted pork, salt and pepper, and a dab of butter for good measure OMG>>>this is amazing.
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2014, 06:25 AM   #962
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengeeny View Post
I darkened my hair!~ lol
Oh....well, it looks nice.
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:01 AM   #963
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Your new hair color looks great!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:20 PM   #964
Major LCF Poster!

It is so beautiful outside today, I even have my windows cracked just a little bit so my house can air out. I have been out and about all afternoon. Did a huge grocery shopping trip. I do have to work tonight, but it's okay. My spirits are lifted with just a small amount of warmth and sunshine

Today...
2 donut holes (not lc)
2 eggs scrambled w/ little bit of hwc, ham, and american cheese
chorizo mixed w/ queso cheese, salsa and little bit of sour cream
sf jello w/ redi whip

I have decided today that I am going to stop cheating myself. I was doing fantastic and feeling fine on less than 20 carbs per day. When I started upping my carbs ( I am NOT at goal...no NEED to really up them yet), I find myself eating crap instead of more veggies. I guess my mindset is not quite ready for the leap into higher carbland yet. And, that's okay. Today, before I went shopping, I purged the house of all higher carb foods that are tempting for me. My children really don't mind. They have never been particular on that kind of crap anyways. They eat what I give them lol.

Since making the changes, I haven't lost any weight. And, as of this morning, I was actually a few pounds heavier. Nothing to be really concerned about, but I believe this is my body's way of saying that I am not making the best choices!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...eightress.html

Last edited by greengeeny; 03-10-2014 at 01:24 PM..
Old 03-10-2014, 03:15 PM   #965
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Great idea ! You are doing so good !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:24 AM   #966
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lisa....Good choices are what this WOE is all about. You just made a good one. I need to make more of them too....and watching your progress is helpful.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #967
Major LCF Poster!

Last night, my sister asked me to go to breakfast with my niece and her at Cracker Barrel. I was so excited this morning, waiting for them. So, I started cleaning. Started getting a little bit hungry, so grabbed a slice of american cheese. Cleaned more. 10:00 she calls and says they just got out of bed!!! I was famished! I had another slice of american cheese. We did go to Cracker Barrel, but it wasn't until after 11. Some breakfast lol. I ordered the grilled chicken BLT without the bread, the lettuce or tomato. (Grilled chicken topped w/colby cheese and crispy bacon). Instead of fries, I got turnip greens as my side dish. I asked for mayo and mustard, and mixed them w/ a packet of splenda. Had some "honey mustard" with my chicken It was so yummy!!!! Right now, I am making half a grilled chicken breast to put on 3 leaves of romaine chopped up, shaved parmesan cheese and Ken's northern italian dressing. For dinner, I am making Linda Sue's Mushroom, Sausage and Chicken Casserole. I am making some uncle ben's rice for the boys to have with it. I will be at work. I'll have some when I get out. That is a lot of chicken in one day!!!!
Old 03-11-2014, 11:49 AM   #968
Major LCF Poster!

Old 03-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #969
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Oh, that chicken salad looks good. I often have something similar for lunch although lately I've been making a blue cheese dressing with blue cheese, mayo and sour cream. Very tasty.

We had an ice storm on Friday which brought down trees and caused power outages but today we, like you, enjoyed incredibly warm (almost 80) weather and beautiful, cheering sun. The narcissus are in gorgeous bloom. I also opened my doors to let in the spring-like weather and air things out. Heavenly.

Storms supposed to return Thursday. I don't want them. We still have standing water all over...don't need any more precip in any form, frozen or liquid.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:42 AM   #970
Major LCF Poster!

It is raining here now, and turning into an ice storm as well. We are supposed to get 12 plus inches of snow within 24 hours. No snow has fallen and no ice has formed yet, but schools are already closed in anticipation. I am so happy that today is my day off.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:02 AM   #971
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattmich6
Stats: 222/211/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Yes I agree your chicken salad looks so good! Today and yesterday its 70 then tomorrow 31 and windy!!!!! This polar vortex is killin me!
mattmich6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #972
Major LCF Poster!

ITALIAN CASSEROLE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

This is dinner tonight with a side salad. I am trying to figure out a dessert to make. I kind of want cheesecake, but I only have 1 1/2 bricks of cream cheese in there. I do NOT want to go to the store lol. It is definitely a winter wonderland outside. We have vegged out in front of the tv with netflix today. Andrew just went back in his room to bed, and Christian went outside to "shovel". He said he was going stir crazy!!
Old 03-12-2014, 07:05 PM   #973
Major LCF Poster!

Breakfast today was leftover casserole from dinner last night. Lunch was 8 spicy chicken wings. I did have a low carb ice cream bar today. I didn't make the salad with dinner. Instead I had about half portion of dreamfields linguine with the italian casserole. I then had a magic peanut butter pudding, and a half portion of freshly popped popcorn w/butter on it.

The storm is still raging on. Originally they said until 1 am, now they are saying until 8am. There have been very large car pileups on the highways here. A 50 car pileup on the turnpike today, and a HUGE pileup right by my house (I don't know how many cars). A few fatalities One of my friends was in an accident today. Thankfully, she didn't hit another car, but she did hit the cement median on the highway. She was taken to the hospital, but is ok, and home now. Her car was not so lucky...it's in the impound lot, and now she has to just junk it. It is that messed up. I have friends and family that have been without power or gas for teh entire day. It is a hot mess here. I was fortunate that the boys and I didn't have to leave the house today.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:11 AM   #974
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW...sounds like you guys are really getting it. I'm glad we don't have your weather....and I hope it's gone from your area soon and stays away. How much snow did you get? We haven't had much all winter....just unusually cold temps most of the time....with lots of wind!!

If you posted a picture of your chicken salad, it has disappeared.

Whenever I go to Cracker Barrel I always get the "Meat Lover's" breakfast. I can't remember just what it has in it, but the only carbs is one piece of toast and I usually don't get that. I can eat "breakfast" any time of the day. That's too bad that your sister was so late. I have a sister like that. She'll be late to her own funeral.

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Old 03-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #975
Major LCF Poster!

Judy, I used to get that breakfast too. And, sometimes still do. But, I have to admit after almost 6 months of lc, eggs aren't exactly my fave anymore lol. I do still eat them, but sparingly. I haven't made a quiche in months because I would make it and just not eat it. I still like stuff with eggs in it, like cheesecake and stuff, but to eat eggs by themselves (unless they are deviled) just isn't as appealing as it used to be.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:31 AM   #976
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday~
B~leftover italian casserole w/dreamfields linguine
L~McD's chicken sandwich w/out the bun, iced coffee w/sf vanilla
D~Chipotle salad, no dressing, carnitas, lettuce, tomato, green salsa, sour cream and cheese
S~leftover chicken and sausage casserole (last of it)
S~atkins treat
S~2 tbsp (unpopped) popcorn popped w/butter and salt

I couldn't stop eating last night, and now I know why. Woke up to Aunt Flo visiting!!!
Old 03-14-2014, 05:00 AM   #977
Major LCF Poster!

Trying a different breakfast today. I picked up some mocha latte atkins advantage shakes yesterday while I was at walmart. They were on sale. So, for breakfast, I am having one over ice. It tastes pretty good. No after taste. That was my biggest concern. Normally, they are pretty expensive, so not sure how often I would actually buy them, but always nice to have a goto, if needed.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:32 AM   #978
Major LCF Poster!

So...I have used the same cheesecake recipe (straight out of lc recipes) for a while now. I have found a low carb "caramel turtle cheesecake" recipe, and I want to try it now. It looks divine.

It is from Cleochatra's site. OMG. I am buying some of the ingredients I need right now on netrition, so by next week, I can make this beauty

Cleochatra’s Gourmet Chocolate Caramel Turtle Cheesecake

For the Crust:
1/3 cup macadamia nuts
1/3 cup cashews
1/3 cup pecans
2 Tbsp erythritol
4 Tbsp butter, melted

1 cup low carb Caramel Sauce*
4 Tbsp heavy whipping cream

1 c chopped pecans

For the Filling:
4 8 ounce packages cream cheese
1/2 cup erythritol
1 cup xylitol
4 eggs
˝ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup (4 ounces) low carb chocolate chips or four ounces Lindt 85% chocolate bar**
4 Tbsp cream
2 Tbsp butter

Making the crust:
Process nuts together until resembling coarse crushed graham crackers. Mix nuts, butter and sweetener. Press in bottom of a 9”-12” spring form pan. Place in fridge to cool for 30 minutes.

Blend caramel topping with cream. Spread over crust. Sprinkle 1 cup chopped pecans over caramel.

Making the Filling:
Heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a mixer, beat cream cheese with erythritol and xylitol on medium for about one minute. On low, add eggs, one at a time, until just blended. Finally, add sour cream and vanilla and beat just until blended (10-30 seconds).
Melt chocolate chips with heavy whipping cream and butter in microwavable bowl on high for 30 seconds. Stir until a thick chocolate liquid forms. Add to cheesecake batter and blend.
Pour into crust. Bake until set, 75-90 minutes. Cool on rack for 15 minutes before moving to chill in the refrigerator.(I usually remove the sides of the spring form after it’s been in the fridge for an hour or so).

Optional: Pipe room temperature chocolate ganache and caramel sauce over cooled cheesecake to decorate. You can also add a chopped Russel Stover Sugar Free Pecan Delight to each slice as garnish (see image below).
Makes 16 servings.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:21 AM   #979
Major LCF Poster!

My favorite difference in my lifestyle since starting lc is my children. They BRAG about me. Andrew shows pictures of me from his homecoming to his friends, and BRAGS about my progress. Every now and then, he will show me an old picture (really only a few months old) of myself and say look at you now. Christian brings his friends over, and they comment on how much weight I have lost. It brings tears to my eyes. I am showing them that I can do this, and they are paying attention. They are absorbing it all in.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:44 AM   #980
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lisa....Your boys are amazing!! I'm sure you are very proud of them...but you should be very proud of yourself too. You raised them. I hope they get wives as good as they are when they decide to marry.

The cheesecake looks scrumptious. ALL of your food always looks scrumptious. If we lived closer, I'd want to hire you as a personal chef!!
Old 03-14-2014, 07:34 AM   #981
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
My favorite difference in my lifestyle since starting lc is my children. They BRAG about me. Andrew shows pictures of me from his homecoming to his friends, and BRAGS about my progress. Every now and then, he will show me an old picture (really only a few months old) of myself and say look at you now. Christian brings his friends over, and they comment on how much weight I have lost. It brings tears to my eyes. I am showing them that I can do this, and they are paying attention. They are absorbing it all in.
Awww that is so sweet!! How heart-warming! You have done great, and should be proud of yourself. Your boys sound like such good kids!!! You're showing them that we are all capable of many things, along with the right support you just gotta want it and set your mind to it. Keep up the good work!!!!
Sicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:42 AM   #982
Major LCF Poster!

So, lunch today...
Anyone who lives in Northeast Ohio knows Michael D. Symon. Anyone who watches cooking shows knows him too I have eaten at Bspot, Lola's and Lolita's, but since going low carb, I chose not to frequent those places. Don't get me wrong, I am okay with manipulating the menu in certain places to fit my dietary needs, but something just seems wrong with manipulating a genius' work of art. So, I avoided going. Today...I decided to recreate Michael D. Symon's "Fat Doug" Burger. OMG. One angus burger patty, topped with pastrami that has been fried crisp in butter, topped with havarti cheese, home made (and yes lc) cole slaw, and drizzled with (a Cleveland tradition) ballpark stadium mustard. OMG> It is so freaking good, I think even Mr. Symon would be impressed!!

And, ofcourse served with Mr. Symon's fave...pickles
Old 03-14-2014, 12:35 PM   #983
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
That looks amazing Lisa! I love how your boys brag about you. And I agree -- I totally hope they marry women as fabulous as you are. I think they will.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:47 PM   #984
Major LCF Poster!

I love it too Gail Makes me feel great! I just realized I haven't taken measurements in quite a while. Mostly because I gained a few pounds back due to not being as careful on carbs, and where teh carbs were coming from. This sunday, good or bad, I am taking measurements again.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:40 PM   #985
Major LCF Poster!

Today...
B~atkins mocha latte shake
L~Fat doug burger with pickles
S~atkins treat
S~pork rinds drizzled w/splenda, cinnamon and butter
D~Fat doug burger with pickles
Old 03-15-2014, 07:31 AM   #986
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Anyone who lives in Northeast Ohio knows Michael D. Symon. Anyone who watches cooking shows knows him too.
I LOVE Michael Symon. His sense of humor is as wonderful as his skills as a Chef. I watch "The Chew" almost every day. It's one of my favorite shows. The burger sounds fantastic. Gotta try that soon. AND...I never thought of making pork rinds drizzled w/splenda, cinnamon and butter...but I'm definitely going to try that. I usually just eat them with cream cheese, and use them ground finely as a bread crumb substitute.

P.S. How do you make your coleslaw dressing?

Last edited by Parisfox; 03-15-2014 at 07:33 AM..
Old 03-15-2014, 08:35 AM   #987
Major LCF Poster!

Cole Slaw

1/3 cup mayonnaise
2/3 cup sour cream
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 T splenda
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon plus one pinch salt
1 lb cabbage, shredded

Mix it all together. It comes to 4 net carbs per serving. This recipe makes about 7-1cup servings. TASTES AMAZING.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:09 PM   #988
Major LCF Poster!

Today~
B~leftover italian casserole, little bit of dreamfields linguine
S~atkins treat
L~atkins shake
S~4 russell stovers sf candies, atkins snack
S~atkins shake
D~steak w/ 2 mushroom caps stuffed w/ artichoke spread, wedge salad w/bacon, walnuts and blue cheese
Old 03-16-2014, 05:56 AM   #989
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the cole slaw recipe, Lisa. That sounds really good. Gonna try it this week.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #990
Major LCF Poster!

Just finished making three different types of clouds Some almond ones, lemon ones and peanut butter ones. I haven't made them in quite a while and am excited to have them in the house again! I am hoping to make that cheesecake sometime this week. I have to find walden farms caramel sauce. I really want to make it as directed instead of making improvisations. UNLESS someone knows how to make an lc caramel sauce.