Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 08:56 PM   #661
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
Debby...My friend Stefanie is pregnant and has a two year old at home. Her husband went out and bought 4 space heaters last night. They finally got gas turned back on about an hour ago, but now their fan for the furnace is frozen solid. It is a hot mess. They went to the mall today and stopped in at my restaurant for lunch, but were told they needed to be home when the gas company came to their house. Many of my family and friends cars' have not been starting or have been breaking down. Our roads are a sheet of ice. I am hoping tomorrow will begin a thaw for us. I have even put my heat up to 73 degrees lol. I never put it that high. The kids are loving the extra days off of school but are starting to go stir crazy.

After work tonight, I stopped at walmart and picked up a few things to throw together something to eat.

Put the whole bag of steak strips with about 6 shrimp and 2 tbsp of queso cheese. Topped it with taco bell taco sauce ( I never knew existed...0 carbs!!) and put it over two romaine lettuce leaves chopped up.

B~double batch of mock danish, with the glaze
L~went to Golden Corral, had a little bit of steamed cabbage, bourbon street chicken, baked chicken, taco salad (which was really kinda bland...I couldn't eat it), and tried their sf jello (tasted really bad)...I may never go back again. I was disappointed.
D~Steak and shrimp queso over lettuce w/ taco sauce
S~3 russell stovers candies

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...eightress.html

greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2014, 06:31 AM   #662
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
I hope everything gets better there weather-wise. We actually went down in the low teens here - first time in over a decade.
mjgh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:09 AM   #663
Major LCF Poster!

It's the coldest we have been in 5 years.

This morning I decided to create egg foo young. I have never made it at home, but I have all of that leftover roasted pork in the fridge, and I have bean sprouts in the pantry. So, I put my mind to it, and voila!

Christian says it tastes amazing Here is what I did. (Unfortunately I did not measure anything, so you will have to use your own tastebuds and judgement if you make it)

Gravy
chicken broth
srirachi sauce
sesame oil (little drizzle)
wheat free tamari
asian seasoning
xantham gum

I just put it all in the small pot and stirred together until it came together. Mind you, I might have used around 1/4 tsp of each ingredient, except for the broth. I used approximately half a cup.

Patties
slice of roasted pork
about 1/8 c bean sprouts
2 eggs
wheat free tamari
sesame oil
green onion

I chopped up the pork into little mini bites. Sauteed it in the sesame oil to get a little "crisp" on it. Added the bean sprouts and sauteed for about 1 minute until they were hot. In a different bowl, I added two eggs, a little tamari and mixed it like I would for scrambled eggs. I poured it all on top of the pork and bean sprouts in the pan. (very small pan) and let it sit for about 4 minutes until it looked very set. Then I turned on the broiler. Cut up some green onion and sprinkled it on top, then broiled it until the top was set. About 2 minutes. Topped it with the gravy and voila!!

I did not put the gravy on Christian's because it is a little spicy. Mind you, the gravy does not taste like the original you get from the Chinese restaurant, but is still VERY good. I am in love, and think I will be making this a lot until that pork is all used up
Old 01-08-2014, 02:10 PM   #664
Major LCF Poster!

I was supposed to work a double today...I didn't. I stayed home all day, cuddled on the couch with my children, watching Dexter on netflix. It's still cold, but supposed to go up to 19 degrees tomorrow, so the kids will be headed back to school. I was going to make dinner tonight, but Andrew asked if we could get Chipotle for dinner. So, they are off to pick it up.

B~egg foo young w/ gravy
L~cheesecake topped w/ two sliced up strawberries
D~Chipotle salad...Barbacoa, romaine, tomato salsa, green salsa, cheese, sour cream and guacamole (NO DRESSING) ha ha, none is needed with all the salsas!~~

Since I am used to eating so late, and I am eating dinner around 5:30 today, I will probably have a late night snack, not sure what, but a little something something later. My guess is it will be cheesecake

So, instead of cheating over the holidays, I introduced something back into my diet. Strawberries and blueberries. So far, so good. I have eaten them about once a week since Christmas. I haven't noticed any stalls or cravings from them, and it is a nice little added perk
Old 01-08-2014, 02:44 PM   #665
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
That's so good that its warming up again.

Great that you could add the berries in without any stalls. I'm adding fruit also & doing well on it.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:06 AM   #666
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
That is great news about the berries. I too want to start adding them later in Spring when things start to come in season. I see you're just eating them once a week and you mentioned only having two yesterday. Do your boys eat the rest of the berries? My husband isn't a berry eater and I worry that the berries would spoil unless I ate them every day and every day might add too many carbs. Oh, but I love all berries so much.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:22 AM   #667
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, my boys are berry addicts lol. Either one of them can sit and eat a whole container of them in one sitting, and be looking for more!! I just pulled out about 5 strawberries, and a half cup of blueberries from teh container for myself before they devour them.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:53 AM   #668
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
Awesome about the berries (and the warmer weather coming!). I Love to stir a few into cottage cheese or yogurts! I made your peanut butter pudding AGAIN last night and stirred in about 10 blueberries. It was DIVINE!!!!
Sicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:25 AM   #669
Major LCF Poster!

So, today I made Carla's thai beef skillet. I did switch it up a little bit. I only added half of the red bell peppers. And, her recipe states that it is four servings. Seems a bit more like 6 servings to me. Also, I put mine over two romaine leaves chopped up. Not sure if her count included the lettuce leaves or not. Her net carbs were 7 for 4 servings. Makes my net carbs quite a bit lower. Not sure how much, because I didn't calculate only using one red pepper.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:26 AM   #670
Major LCF Poster!

Yes Jessica! Woke up to 13 degrees this morning, and you would have thought it was spring outside That peanut butter pudding has helped me out in several craving nights!!
Old 01-09-2014, 03:37 PM   #671
Major LCF Poster!

Dinner tonight was a success!! First time making Linda Sue's Chicken Divan, and it is sooo yummy!!!!

Also found some chocolate chai tea. That is what we had to drink tonight. Didn't taste much like chocolate to me, but Christian said it did to him.

Unfortunately, Andrew went out to eat with friends. Texas Roadhouse!! We declined. I didn't want to tempt myself with the smell of their yeast rolls and honey butter. And, dinner was already started. So, Christian being the true gentleman that he is, declined with me, and stayed home I love that little guy!! Now for a night of netflix with my boy.

Last edited by greengeeny; 01-09-2014 at 03:43 PM..
Old 01-09-2014, 03:39 PM   #672
Major LCF Poster!

B~cheesecake w/ 1 strawberry cut up on top
L~Carla's thai beef skillet over 2 romaine leaves cut up
D~Chicken Divan, hot tea w/2 tsp splenda
S~2 russell stovers candies
Old 01-10-2014, 05:25 AM   #673
Major LCF Poster!

After a great night last night, I had another piece of cheesecake. Then, some more chicken divan. Popped a small handful of popcorn. Ate a chocolate pecan cookie (not lc in the slightest). I just couldn't stop eating. ugh. I was disappointed in myself as I fell asleep last night, thinking why did I eat so much "extra". I might go back to eliminating the fruit again. Just a consideration.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:48 AM   #674
Senior LCF Member

Don't fret to much about it Lisa. We all have days where we are just HUNGRY. If you can't eat to satisfy the hunger, the diet would never work because no one would ever stay on plan. We have to allow ourselves days like this with no remorse or guilt. Just get back on plan and go on. You're not always going to eat that much. You know it's not an every day thing. So give yourself a break.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:02 AM   #675
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Lisa, Christian is SO CUTE - OMG - he is adorable. He looks a lot like you too. And of course Andrew is so handsome. I agree with Missy -- we all do have days when we are just hungry. And you did not really eat that much -- and most of what you ate was low carb. Plus I love Linda Sue's Chicken Divan! Look, you could have done a whole bunch of damage (like a high carb binge) but that did NOT happen. You stayed in control! That one little cookie and a teeny bit of popcorn is not going to prevent you from succeeding.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:21 PM   #676
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks ladies

So, for a few months now I have KNOWN that I needed new bras. And panties. My original sizes were 40DD and size 16 in panties. Today I went and got resized for my bras at Dillards. I am now a 34G. I never even knew that G's existed, but here I am. The important part to me is the "34"!!! I put the new bra on and feel like a million bucks. The bra was $74, but on sale for $30. A little steep, so I only got one today. I want to buy two more. Then no more until I need teh next size. One in the dresser, one on my body and one in the wash. Sounds like a good enough cycle for me AND...then I tried on panties -_- I hate trying on clothing lol, but I am now in a size 7!! That is in Joe Boxer bikini panties from Kmart. I bought one 5-pack. Once again, I don't want to go crazy buying a ton of them when I still have room to shrink I am on cloud nine right now.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:36 PM   #677
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Perfect! That will cure the temptation to 'eat more' I love it!
Old 01-10-2014, 08:47 PM   #678
Major LCF Poster!

I have been craving pizza!! So, tonight I made lc pizza crust, and topped it with TGIF spinach artichoke dip as the sauce, cooked chicken, chopped tomato and mozzarella. It was so good!! I will have three more meals out of this! Two slices each.

B~Leftover Chicken Divan
L~Charlies subs at the mall, 3 cheese bacon steak sandwich (bunless) on a bed of shredded lettuce with tomato, banana peppers and mayo
S~cheesecake (last piece)
S~3 russell stovers candies, 1 cheese stick
D~2 slices of pizza
Old 01-11-2014, 02:33 AM   #679
Senior LCF Member

I would never be able to stop at two slices. I remember a time when I would eat the entire pizza myself. Now probably around 4-5 slices.

Congrats! on the new sizes! I still haven't gone to get new ones yet. It is so much easier to spend money on my kids and dh than myself. I think I need to though because I am swimming in my underwear now. You know you need new ones when they now go above your belly button.

Last edited by mjgh06; 01-11-2014 at 02:36 AM..
Old 01-11-2014, 04:12 AM   #680
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgh06 View Post
Don't fret to much about it Lisa. We all have days where we are just HUNGRY. If you can't eat to satisfy the hunger, the diet would never work because no one would ever stay on plan. We have to allow ourselves days like this with no remorse or guilt. Just get back on plan and go on. You're not always going to eat that much. You know it's not an every day thing. So give yourself a break.
I notice that I too have days when I'm really hungry and days when I seem to have very little appetite. I eat pretty much the same things every day and so have been puzzled by the variation in appetite. I've not been able to connect it to anything like amount of sleep, hormones (TOM), the weather outside etc. It just seems that on some days I'm not at all hungry and on some days if could eat a bear.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:07 AM   #681
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengeeny View Post
After a great night last night, I had another piece of cheesecake. Then, some more chicken divan. Popped a small handful of popcorn. Ate a chocolate pecan cookie (not lc in the slightest). I just couldn't stop eating. ugh. I was disappointed in myself as I fell asleep last night, thinking why did I eat so much "extra". I might go back to eliminating the fruit again. Just a consideration.
Must be something in the air! I was hungry non-stop yesterday and nothing seemed to help. Don't beat yourself up....just look at your stats and realize this is a lifelong process and you'll have days like this. No one can expect to spend the rest of their life 100% on plan. You are doing such a great job and I just love all your creative cooking....wish you were in my kitchen!

Congrats on the new undies!!
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:46 AM   #682
Major LCF Poster!

On September 13, 2013, I weighed 216 lbs.
My neck was 14".
My upper arm 14 1/2".
My wrist 6".
My bust 43 1/2".
My rib cage underneath my bust 38".
My waist 39".
My stomach 43".
My hips 47 1/2".
My upper thigh 25".
My knees were 14 1/2".
My ankle 9 1/2".

Today, on January 12, 2014, I weigh 174.2 lbs.
My neck is 13".
My upper arm is 11 1/2".
My wrist is 6".
My bust is 38".
My rib cage is 34".
My waist is 33.5".
My stomach is 35".
My hips are 41".
My upper thigh is 22".
My knees are 14".
My ankle is 9".

That makes me down 41.8 lbs Officially no longer obese!!! I never thought I would be happy to say I am overweight lol. And, 37.5" of fat...GONE. I haven't wrote my stats in a while. It feels good to get back into my routine Tomorrow marks my official 4 month anniversary from starting this low carb journey. It really does seem like I have been doing this much longer. It feels like it is just a natural part of my life now. I AM ON MY WAY I think I am going to start doing light exercising in the mornings. Something to start helping me tone up with.

Last edited by greengeeny; 01-12-2014 at 08:50 AM..
Old 01-12-2014, 09:25 AM   #683
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whoo Hoo! More than half way too!
Old 01-12-2014, 09:29 AM   #684
Major LCF Poster!

Yes
Old 01-12-2014, 03:03 PM   #685
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Fantastic losses, Green....way to go!
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:32 PM   #686
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you very much

B~leftover thai beef w/ 2 leaves of romaine
S~atkins peanut m&m's
L~nachos w/ ground beef, cheese, sour cream, tomato, cilantro and onion
S~jello w/ redi whip, 1 cloud

Not really feeling hungry right now, but if I get hungry a little later, I will probably eat the last of the chicken divan from the other night. Long day today. I cleaned out my closet and got rid of TWO garbage bags full of clothing. TWO. Jeans, dress pants, shorts, coats, tank tops, shoes, shirts, sweaters...all that are too big for me now. I had to keep two of the jeans because if not, I would only have 1 pair that fit me!! My closet looks so bare now Slowly I will rebuild, but I don't want to get too much stuff because I am only half way on my journey.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:08 PM   #687
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How fun! Time to visit a value village or salvation army.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:48 AM   #688
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, we have a salvation army right around the corner. I went last night and deposited the two bags into their donation bin. Someone else can use those things
Old 01-13-2014, 04:53 AM   #689
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
On September 13, 2013, I weighed 216 lbs.
My neck was 14".
My upper arm 14 1/2".
My wrist 6".
My bust 43 1/2".
My rib cage underneath my bust 38".
My waist 39".
My stomach 43".
My hips 47 1/2".
My upper thigh 25".
My knees were 14 1/2".
My ankle 9 1/2".

Today, on January 12, 2014, I weigh 174.2 lbs.
My neck is 13".
My upper arm is 11 1/2".
My wrist is 6".
My bust is 38".
My rib cage is 34".
My waist is 33.5".
My stomach is 35".
My hips are 41".
My upper thigh is 22".
My knees are 14".
My ankle is 9".

WOW! Just LOOK at those stats!

Nevermind the weight loss, that itself is AMAZING!!
Old 01-13-2014, 06:53 AM   #690
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yes, we have a salvation army right around the corner. I went last night and deposited the two bags into their donation bin. Someone else can use those things
They're also great for finding some temporary clothes for your new size