Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 05:51 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Morning, Pal! Food looks good! I love that White Castle Pie! I think I need to make that soon b/c it's been awhile since I've had some. Yum!

Congrats on your loss already -- you've totally got this! I think focusing on one's health & overall happiness is a great goal b/c with each successful choice we make, it all adds up to weight loss.

Have a great day.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2013, 06:09 AM   #32
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Morning, Pal! Food looks good! I love that White Castle Pie! I think I need to make that soon b/c it's been awhile since I've had some. Yum!

Congrats on your loss already -- you've totally got this! I think focusing on one's health & overall happiness is a great goal b/c with each successful choice we make, it all adds up to weight loss.

Have a great day.
Pal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have totally been rocking it, so i'm just trying to keep up with you! You are totally right, its a whole new ball game when you are doing what's best for you and not just focusing on an arbitrary weight loss goal. I see things are progressing with you and the love muffin...so happiness is def happening for you! love it!

275.0 this morning.

I am on my own today at work. a bit nerve wreaking but looking forward to it!! here's to a great week!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #33
Tyl

b: chai tea with half and half and stevia, 2 turkey sausage links
l: cheesy chicken and broc
s: cheese sticks
d: steak and broc
Old 11-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #34
Tyl

11/9 279.2
11/10 276.6
11/11 275.0
11/12 274.0

not too shabby for three days work down 5.2! I cannot wait to be out of this decade!! woo hooo! 24 more lbs to my first goal!

now thanksgiving is coming up. my sister shared with me her memory of my first low carb thanksgiving. she said I drove home and looked great and all I ate was meat and spinach and some pumpkin cheesecake (lc) that I baked. Man, how incredibly strong I was. I'm gonna make some brussel sprouts with bacon and onions, and some cheesey cauli this yr so I have some sides. Not traveling home, hubby's family usually does thanksgiving, we are hosting at our house. But they never serve veggies, except maybe greens, which I think my MIL spikes with sugar. LOL. So just a couple week to prepare for that. Wonder how much weight I will have lost by then!

Cut the Crap take 2: sw:276.4 cw: 259.6 Pts: 84!
For 8 weeks I made 84 positive choices!
CTC begins again on 3/2 join us!
Old 11-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #35

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
This is fantastic Tyl!!! I love when we remember how strong we were at one point, and KNOW you can do it again. It starts with one step at a time, and you have 3 days so far! Go girl!.
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:02 AM   #36
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
This is fantastic Tyl!!! I love when we remember how strong we were at one point, and KNOW you can do it again. It starts with one step at a time, and you have 3 days so far! Go girl!.
boy oh boy have I missed you! Ya know, one of the things I consistently had when I was losing the first go round was lots of good friends and support. I really think its instrumental in success and YOU were that for me back in the day! Not sure if I ever said thanks for that, but THANK YOU!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:14 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Look at you go! I have no doubt you will have MUCH to celebrate by Thanksgiving day!!!

Mmmmmmm brussels w/ bacon & onions... pardon me while I wipe the drool from my chin something about that combination that is just out of this world!!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
boy oh boy have I missed you! Ya know, one of the things I consistently had when I was losing the first go round was lots of good friends and support. I really think its instrumental in success and YOU were that for me back in the day! Not sure if I ever said thanks for that, but THANK YOU!
I feel the same for you dear!!!.. we had a lot of fun and support!! WE CAN DO IT AGAIN!!!. no doubt! Thank you for making my day!.

Now if we could get Pati back to posting again!..
Old 11-12-2013, 08:17 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Pal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have totally been rocking it, so i'm just trying to keep up with you! You are totally right, its a whole new ball game when you are doing what's best for you and not just focusing on an arbitrary weight loss goal. I see things are progressing with you and the love muffin...so happiness is def happening for you! love it!
Good morning, Tyl!

I have gotten a bit of momentum going, so I'm gonna keep logging my food & working on incorporating regular exercise (still struggle with that part, lol). I do feel better overall though, and that's a major plus!

Yes, girl -- our 1 year anniversary is next Monday, so we're going away for the weekend to Luray Caverns. We're booked at a Victorian bed & breakfast. I'm excited!

Congratulations on your losses -- that's fantastic! Your food choices sound really good. At least the holidays provide a lot of protein sources from which to choose -- turkey, ham, deviled eggs, etc.

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.

Last edited by Jayce; 11-12-2013 at 08:23 AM..
Old 11-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
Brussel sprouts with onion and bacon sound delish!! I might make that for Turkey day as well. I keep adding things to my list. I am hosting this year, and eventually I have to pair it down to just a few foods, but I keep seeing great stuff I want to make!!!
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #41
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengeeny View Post
Brussel sprouts with onion and bacon sound delish!! I might make that for Turkey day as well. I keep adding things to my list. I am hosting this year, and eventually I have to pair it down to just a few foods, but I keep seeing great stuff I want to make!!!
I know!!! I am not gonna get stuck eating sweet veggies so i gotta do what i gotta do. but i love brussel sprouts and have been craving them for a couple of weeks. i like green beans that way too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Good morning, Tyl!

I have gotten a bit of momentum going, so I'm gonna keep logging my food & working on incorporating regular exercise (still struggle with that part, lol). I do feel better overall though, and that's a major plus!

Yes, girl -- our 1 year anniversary is next Monday, so we're going away for the weekend to Luray Caverns. We're booked at a Victorian bed & breakfast. I'm excited!

Congratulations on your losses -- that's fantastic! Your food choices sound really good. At least the holidays provide a lot of protein sources from which to choose -- turkey, ham, deviled eggs, etc.

Awww!! that sounds like a great anniversary! Have a blast!!!!!

Quote:
I feel the same for you dear!!!.. we had a lot of fun and support!! WE CAN DO IT AGAIN!!!. no doubt! Thank you for making my day!.

Now if we could get Pati back to posting again!..
I miss Patti. Is she still on the boards at all. You guys are such great friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Look at you go! I have no doubt you will have MUCH to celebrate by Thanksgiving day!!!

Mmmmmmm brussels w/ bacon & onions... pardon me while I wipe the drool from my chin something about that combination that is just out of this world!!
mmmmmmm it does sound good. i love that combo!
Old 11-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #42
Tyl

b: iced coffee: medium roast coffee, half and half, davinci sf caramel over ice
l: chicken breast, broc
s: edamame, cheese stick
d: ham and cheese scrambled eggs
s: atkins bar (oatmeal fiber something or the other).
Old 11-13-2013, 05:07 AM   #43
Tyl

11/9 279.2
11/10 276.6
11/11 275.0
11/12 274.0
11/13 273.4

I'm super nervous, I have a personal training session in about 20 minutes. I am sooooo out of shape, but if i'm gonna get back down to where I was and get back to running races, i'm gonna need to do better. here's hoping I can walk later.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:34 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

I know how you feel about the personal training session -- I was nervous too! I'm not seeing her anymore due to high prices (although she was excellent), but I was amazed by how quickly I started feeling "strong" & proud of my body. You were a BEAST before, and you've totally got that same power inside you to bring it out again.

I haven't tried edamame yet, but have heard people talking about it -- how do you eat yours?

Happy Wednesday, love! Congrats on your losses!

Last edited by Jayce; 11-13-2013 at 05:37 AM..
Old 11-13-2013, 06:07 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Best of luck with your training, it will be wonderful!! ... Another great loss, I see!
Old 11-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #46
Tyl

i got some freeze dried edamame at costco thats a nice lc, crunchy snack (4 net for 1/2 cup), i also bought some frozen pods that i just microwave and pop out of the pods and eat. yummy!

No this workout was a killer, i used machines i wouldn't dare touch in a real gym, had to use those big scary ropes they use on BL. He had me do jumping jacks with those ropes. ARE YOU KIDDING ME (in my best suze orman voice). I so hated my friend who suggested him the whole time, but i was super proud of myself. I lifted much heavier than i would if i were doing it on my own, and at one point he asked me "are you a former athlete?" I know he was being nice but it felt good.

You are right pal, once upon a time i WAS a beast! i am so headed back in that direction!

Thanks for the support Danielle!
Old 11-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
i got some freeze dried edamame at costco thats a nice lc, crunchy snack (4 net for 1/2 cup), i also bought some frozen pods that i just microwave and pop out of the pods and eat. yummy!

No this workout was a killer, i used machines i wouldn't dare touch in a real gym, had to use those big scary ropes they use on BL. He had me do jumping jacks with those ropes. ARE YOU KIDDING ME (in my best suze orman voice). I so hated my friend who suggested him the whole time, but i was super proud of myself. I lifted much heavier than i would if i were doing it on my own, and at one point he asked me "are you a former athlete?" I know he was being nice but it felt good.

You are right pal, once upon a time i WAS a beast! i am so headed back in that direction!
Thanks for the support Danielle!
Never forget it! You rocked that workout today--just think how your body is going to transform. Awesome!
Old 11-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #48

That is so wonderful Tyl!! You made that step out of your comfort zone, and I applaud you!!! You can do this BEAST thing again!..
Old 11-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #49
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Never forget it! You rocked that workout today--just think how your body is going to transform. Awesome!
Quote:
That is so wonderful Tyl!! You made that step out of your comfort zone, and I applaud you!!! You can do this BEAST thing again!..
thanks guys
Old 11-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #50
Tyl

preworkout: half atkins bar
b: scrambled eggs and cheese
s: half atkins bar
l: hamburger patty, small side salad with ranch dressing
s: edamame
d: taco salad: lettuce, ground beef, salsa, cheese
s: 1 deviled egg, 2 strips bacon
Old 11-14-2013, 04:49 AM   #51

That sounds wonderful, you are on a roll!!! To answer your earlier question about Pati, she still reads here, but doesn't post. I do talk to her via email sometimes and see her on FB. She is doing awesome!! what a great Family she has! Busy busy girl!

I hope she reads this and says hi!!!
Old 11-14-2013, 05:29 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Food looks great -- I love me some taco salad. Yum!!!

Happy "Friday Eve," dollface.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #53
Tyl

11/9 279.2
11/10 276.6
11/11 275.0
11/12 274.0
11/13 273.4
11/14 273.4
11/15 274.6

Yesterday:
b: 4 deviled eggs, 3 strips bacon
l: tuna salad
d: steak and broc

today:
b: iced coffee: med roast coffee, half and half torani caramel syrup
l: half that steak and broc from last night, two cheese sticks
d: tbd

i've got a wicked headache right now of the left side of my head. hope it clears soon. not worried about the weight fluctuation. I think its related to my workout which i'm still limping around from in misery. so ready to get some rest this weekend!
Old 11-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #54

So you overdid it on your workout huh? Hope you are feeling better! I am so glad to hear you have the right attitude about the darn scale.. the numbers mean little with the day to day flucuations. You know this will come off!! Exercise is great for you!

Have a wonderful weekend! Are you eating enough?.. haha.. typical question I am getting..
Old 11-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #55
Tyl

Finished off yesterday with some tequila lime chicken wings...yummo

11/16
no breakfast
l: taco salad from taco cabana: fajita chicken, lettuce, pico, cheese, sour cream, guac, and salsa...mmmmmmmmm good
s: pickle
d: tequila lime wings, flax bread

TODAY SUCKED. They say lightning never strikes twice, but I beg to differ. We had to put our sweet cat Simba down today. I really thought we would be able to save him, but 800 bucks later, we came to realize any additional work would give him weeks, if that. I cannot believe we have lost both of our boys. I spent more time crying today than anything else. All I want to do is eat my feelings (cake, pie, pot pie, potatoes, fries), but I won't. I'm just completely heart broken. Hubby and I were just looking for a new sibling for Sims and now he's gone. I cannot believe it. Its just so so so so so sad. We are probably gonna rescue some kitties (not that our boys can ever be replaced) since we were already looking but right now, I just want to snuggle with my simby!
Old 11-17-2013, 07:02 AM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

So incredibly sorry for you loss Be gentle with yourself and take the quiet time you need.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #57

So Sorry!!!!
Old 11-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:08 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Aw, so sorry to hear about sweet Simba. It is very hard to lose a loved pet!
Old 11-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #60
Tyl

thanks yall. Simba was my sweet baby. I have had him for 5 yrs now and he was my first pet in my adult life. Its sooooo hard to lose a kitty. Anyway, i was 273.0 this morning so i didn't eat my way into a coma or anything. I'm supposed to do personal training again tomorrow. Hope i can walk this week!