Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
VQ's All New and Improved Journal!

Good morning, friends. LCF has asked that I start a new journal so that my old one, which was getting a little cumbersome, can be closed. I hate to say goodbye to it-- it documented one of the most exciting periods of my recent life. Glad to know it'll still be out there for me to refer to, though. In fact, I'm going to put a link in this post so I can find it easily.

I suppose it's appropriate to update on where I stand today. I maintained the most of (I ended up settling a few pounds higher than my very lowest weight, which seems to be typical) the very large weight loss I achieved with hcg for about two years, although I'm not going to lie and say it was easy. I had to do lots of "oops, I've gained" rounds of hcg to get the weight back down after holidays and vacation and such. But that was fine with me.

In the winter and spring of this year, I let myself put on about 15 pounds, and I am struggling to get it off. I'm still well ahead of where I started with hcg, but I'd love to be where I was six months or so ago. I don't have the focus right now, with the big flurry of activity in my life, to do a round. So I'm just trying to eat very low carb/high fat and tread water until things settle down a bit. I still have a nice cache of hhcg pellets set aside, and believe that one good round will put me right back where I want to be.

So that's it--that's where I am today!

Farewell, old journal. Out with the old, in with the new!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

And now for an update on my current project (and the reason I'm so unfocused in my life right now.)

Here is today's update on my bathroom project:

And for reference, here is where I started last week:

Old 09-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, low carbers! I just had a breakfast of some fatty pork sausage links with some heavy cream/drippings gravy over the top, so I am fat-loaded and ready to take on the world.

Today's agenda involves shopping for a new toilet, some light fixtures and a ceiling fan.

While I'm out there shopping, I'm going to keep an eye out for something to wear this weekend. I'm going to Seattle to a charity event that Dave's company is supporting. The dress is supposed to be "festive," but they note that we will be walking around outside, so to wear good walking shoes. Um.....huh? So, sequined cocktail dress and hiking boots? I can't think of any festive garments that go well with sturdy walking shoes. Gonna be a challenge. Also, my closet is still sealed shut by the contractor. I'm afraid I'm going to have to un-seal it and see if there's anything to work with in there.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #4
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
What an amazing difference between the old and the new bathroom! You're going to be in heaven when they're finished with it and you can actually enjoy it. Candles, flowers in vases, neatly rolled up towels in baskets; I can see it all now! And a nice wine glass and dry place for your book to set as you soak. OH yeah.

Bummer! You have no choice but to go shopping. I'd start with the shoes and work your way up. Wear something pant-suit-like. It doesn't have to be a formal gown, does it? Be funky and hip. I love when you wear those jackets and scarves. You look smashing in those.

Happy toilet shopping! Make sure you pic one that suits your tall body. And guys like the kind that have "room in the front". Don't get the kind that plays music. (Just saw that on HGTV the other day. It had an automatic toilet seat lifter, too. Good grief.)

Thanks for leaving me a trail of bread crumbs to find your new thread. I'd have been wondering what happened to you after awhile. I never go on the main board looking for new threads to subscribe to. The ones I have keep me plenty occupied.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Hahaha, "trail of breadcrumbs"! Love it!

Glad you found me here in my new home. It's kinda cavernous and empty, but I'm sure I'll get all settled in.

Have to leave my old journal behind has made me do some thinking, though. Although housekeeping necessity here at LCF required closing that chapter of my life, so to speak, do I really want to leave behind that time of energy and excitement and hope? The answer is, of course, an emphatic NO, but to keep that flow of positivity going requires an emotional investment from me, and I've been having a hard time rallying it. I've just got to find a way....
Old 09-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, did you have your dr. appointment yet?
Old 09-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #7
Big Yapper!

I like the way you're thinking with opening the new chapter in your life, along with the new journal. I hated to close mine (the first AND the second) and now with the third, I feel like I'm just gabbing away without a purpose. Just telling of my farm tales and maintaining friendships. Dieting is no longer even part of this for me. At least at this moment in time.

I did go to see the Dr today. I got a list of labs to have drawn but it just feels like we keep going round and round. I know that my problems are primarily stemming from my lack of physical conditioning and my "appetite" for light beer. I have just been looking over the last set of labs and researching the results online. My liver enzymes are slightly elevated, but ALT is higher than AST, and that indicates it's not alcohol related. It's so frustrating.

I wonder if I have some form of hepatitis that they haven't tested me for yet. I told him that there was not one single solitary answer to my symptoms. I said, "There's more than a few ingredients in this soup." He said he agreed. He and I are fond of each other, so that helps. He's like a brother or something. I'm very comfortable with him but I want him to go all-out in testing me for things. He likes to say what he thinks it's due to and then that's that.

This time he's testing my liver enzymes, my thyroid (got him to order more than just the stupid TSH), and female hormones. But he's dead-set against prescribing hormones. He says he's afraid of increased risk of stroke and such. I wouldn't want to have a stroke, obviously. But if the sweating and heat intolerance I experience on a routine basis is even partially due to hormones, I'd prefer not to be going through another 20 years of this.

So I will try and get the labs done this week. Maybe tomorrow morning. I will then take the car to the "Dr" on Friday so he can see where the power steering issue lies. (This is starting to sound like a post for my journal rather than yours.) Guess I'll copy/paste this and put it on my journal, too. Sorry for so much info.

Anyway, God bless you and your new journal!

Last edited by CherylB; 09-18-2013 at 04:00 PM..
Old 09-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, you can put your info here. We're here for conversation, and it doesn't bother me if it takes place at your place or mine.

I just got back with a toilet, 2 ceiling fans, four light fixtures and 2 sample sized cans of paint. My contractor told me to buy a few colors (sample cans) and paint them right onto the wall so I can see how they look. I really suck at painting and don't want to drip all over my new bathroom, so I found these little plastic sheets that you paint onto, let the paint dry, and then stick to the wall. Clever.

Didn't even look for something to wear to the charity thing. I broke the tape that was sealing my closet shut, since I think the dustiest part is over, and will shuffle through what I already have and see what I can come up with.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #9
Big Yapper!

I think the idea of painting the wall with the sample is because it looks differently when it's soaked into the drywall. If you paint the plastic, let it dry and then stick the paint to the wall, I don't think it will look the same color when you actually apply the wet paint on. Just a thought. You don't have to paint a huge section, just a few strokes to this spot, then move over and a few strokes beside that spot, etc. Be brave! You can do it.

Thanks for letting me jabber "at your place or mine." How cute! Best of luck finding just the right outfit and shoes to wear to the charity event.

Sleep tight. I'm off to bed now.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:46 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Love the bathroom! Can't wait to see it when it's done!
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Handbells! So glad you found my new hangout! I will head over to your journal and see how you are doing!

Cheryl, the instructions said to paint two coats onto the stick-on thingies and let them dry thoroughly, then stick them to the wall, which is what I did. It was pretty clear which one was *right,* but I just went and looked again in the morning light. It was even more clear, then.

Diet-wise, I continue to feel well and be comfortably nonhungry (new word, haha) eating VLC/HF. Am I losing? Not really. But it's a good place-holder until I'm able to organize myself into something more effective, and ketosis is a powerful friend. I'll take it, for now.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #12
Big Yapper!

Well, that's really cool that they came up with a way to test wall color like that. So was it the same color you liked last night that said "I'm the one" this morning? Looking forward to seeing the finished project. Bet you can't wait to get your home back, all to yourself.

Maintaining is just as hard and challenging as losing. Some say it is harder than losing. So be proud that you are maintaining and the losing can come later. All in good time.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hi Jess! Just checking out your new place . Like it! The bathroom looks great!! Love the tile colors (I'm an earth tone girl). Fun project!!

You'll find something. What is festive? Is that still kind of dressy? Hmmm. Out here I think of Mexico when I think of festive .

HAve a good trip! You're doing great maintaining! I'm back to where I was before hcg. I think hcg taught me that it's possible to lose that weight, but I can't maintain it coming out of that restriction. I'm trying to find a way to take it off slowly that'll help me keep it off permanently. It's only 15lbs. How impossible can it be?
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Julie, so glad you found me! I am watching with interest to see how your "slow and steady" dieting and exercise work out for you. I still have my heart set on one more hcg round, but after so many false starts and failures over the last six months, I don't know when I'll have the heart to try it again.

Cheryl, yes, when I looked at the colors again in the morning light, I very clearly still preferred the one I preferred last night. What's silly is that at first glance, it's barely different than what's on there. But I absolutely have to repaint the room because there's lots of holes and dings and such from the tear-out process, plus, the whole area that was under the wall to wall mirror over the vanity has no paint on it at all.

The color I had in there was a light tan shade. I liked the shade a lot--put it in all four bedrooms when I had the house painted--but next to the golden-tan of the tiles, it looks too pinkish. So the new shade of tan I have picked has a faint goldish cast. However, looked at next to the paint that's currently on the wall, the difference is pretty slight. It seems silly, but if it has to be painted anyway, it might as well be the appropriate shade, right?

Just for the heck of it, here's my day's food intake.

B: cheddarwurst sausage with mustard, coffee with hwc
L: hamburger patty with provolone on top, ice tea
D: it's "dine-out" night with my boss, so will probably have a roast chicken quarter with green beans on the side
Old 09-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #15
Big Yapper!

I'm sure in the end it will be beautiful. You have such good taste, Jess. And Julie, I love earth tones, too. Nothing gaudy for me! Earth tones soothe the soul. I hope "dine out night with the boss" went well. I posted about my day on my journal. Have a peak when you have the inclination. Night.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:20 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Greetings, Low Carb Friends. I'm back from my trip to Seattle to see the boys, and I had a lovely time. Even got to go to Seattle Seahawks game and enjoy it from hubby's company's luxury suite, complete with gourmet food and bar. Wow.

Eating was absolutely terrible while I was traveling. I do not understand what's happened to me, but I jumped right back on very low carb/high fat as soon as I got home. Keep swimming, right? Just keep swimming.....

Got a busy day today, as well as a busy weekend coming up. But I'll just keep swimming.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:36 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Couple more things--woke up with a cold today. I don't generally get sick hardly ever, maybe a cold every second or third year. I'm sure I picked this virus up on the airplane to or from Seattle, but I feel almost completely certain that my immune system was weakened due to eating wheat and sugar on my trip. I'm pretty sure one of the main reasons I don't get colds is because I eat low carb. If THAT doesn't teach me to "straighten up and fly right, " I don't know what it will take!

Also--I can't remember if I've told you guys about my "roommate," as I call him--the one gigantic catfish that was left in our 75 gallon aquarium in our bedroom. Dave is a big aquarium fan, and we had a gorgeous 75 gallon freshwater community tank in our room. But when he moved to Seattle, I realized that I had neither the desire nor the expertise to take care of it, so we started letting attrition thin the herd, so to speak, until we just got down to this one fish. He's so tame that he'll eat out of my fingers, so I couldn't bring myself to just flush him, but it was becoming clear that he was NEVER going to just pass away of old age.

But last Friday, the contractor for the bathroom remodel told me they needed to move the aquarium to replace the baseboards in that area of the bedroom, so could he drain the aquarium and move it? (He couldn't even see my catfish buddy, since he is nocturnal and hides under the rocks during the day. He thought the aquarium was empty.) So I decided to set up a small aquarium in one of the bedrooms and move Mr. Catfish into it.

I've never dealt with an aquarium in my life, but I bought one of those kits at Petsmart that has everything--pump, heater, etc. I nervously followed the directions to get it set up, and when it came time to fill it, I used gravel and rocks and water transferred (via bucket) from the big aquarium, then I caught the big guy and moved him to it. I was afraid I'd killed him, but he seems to be doing ok so far! It's been a week, so I'm hopeful I pulled it off without killing him!

Bathroom is progressing, not done. Got the skeleton of the vanity in now, and hopefully the quartz countertop is installed today. Will post photo when it's in.

Last edited by verbqueen; 09-27-2013 at 08:38 AM..
Old 09-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #18
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Greetings, Low Carb Friends. I'm back from my trip to Seattle to see the boys, and I had a lovely time. Even got to go to Seattle Seahawks game and enjoy it from hubby's company's luxury suite, complete with gourmet food and bar. Wow.

Eating was absolutely terrible while I was traveling. I do not understand what's happened to me, but I jumped right back on very low carb/high fat as soon as I got home. Keep swimming, right? Just keep swimming.....

Got a busy day today, as well as a busy weekend coming up. But I'll just keep swimming.
How fun! I feel your pain on the "I don't know what's happened to me." I always was amazed at how easily you handled social settings and P2. I never had that "gene" so I could only look on and envy you. Now you know a little bit of what it's like to be me! Sorry about that.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #19
Big Yapper!

I never knew about your aquarium and fish! I loved your story but was afraid for him when you said the contractor didn't see him in there. I was bracing myself for a bad ending. So happy he's well. Catfish are pretty hardy. So cool that he eats out of your hand! Do the cats enjoy watching him swim around? They are both nocturnal so it should be a ready-source of entertainment for the kitty.

I'm sorry you are sick. I hate when that happens after a trip. I have no idea why that happens when you are traveling but it is when I get sick, too. I guess we just encounter germs that our immune system hasn't built up a resistance to in our little circles and then WHAMMO. It has to fight off all sorts of new germs. Whatever it is, it sucks.

My sister and her husband (oldest sister; rarely ever talk about her) are on their way back from St Louis to see their son, d-in-law and three g-kids. Naturally, the g-daughter was very sick with a virus the entire time they were there. They were only going to be there for about 2 days cause it took 2 days to drive out and 2 days to drive back. My sister is a die-hard smoker and refuses to fly. It's terrible. So now she will be sick when she gets home and starts working again. The moral of the story will be: That wasn't worth the trouble. I'll wait until they come home to CT to visit with them in the future. (Just guessing. I hope I'm wrong.)

Have a great night and welcome home. Can't wait for the contractors to be done and leave you to your lovely new bathroom.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Jessica!

Are you feeling better from your cold?

Just checking in with you...things are crazy in my little world!
Old 10-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi, friends. I'm being a terrible journal-er, but nothing new to report. Still working on the bathroom (they are in there staining the vanity as I type) but I think we're pretty close. All plumbing is done, all tile is done, glass shower doors are in there. I just lack the vanity being finished and the light fixtures and ceiling fan installed, and then I'll have to find some mirrors. Haven't done that yet because wasn't sure what kind of space would be available for mirrors until that center cabinet went in.

I'm still doing my half a**ed low carbing. Not gaining, not losing. It seems to be the best I can do right now. Hoping that as the stress goes away and my home isn't full of workers, I'll be able to winnow that down to a level that will result in weight loss.

Oh--and my catfish buddy is doing fine! I didn't kill him!

That's about it. Forgive me and bear with me--I haven't forgotten my low carb friends. Just a little out-of-control right now.

(P.S. Hi, handbells. Is it wrong of me to be glad someone else is having a crazy world right now, too? And Cheryl, thanks for being my ever-faithful friend!)

(P.P.S. I think the cold turned out to be a mild flu. I had fever and felt terrible for three days, then woke up to find it completely gone. Weird, but I'm grateful.)

Last edited by verbqueen; 10-03-2013 at 08:55 AM..
Old 10-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Haha--laughing to myself at the title of my new journal. It may be new, but it is NOT improved! I'll get it improved, though--really I will!
Old 10-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
on the cold/flu! I got sick when I flew home a few weeks ago too! Darned planes, always happens to me!

Glad your catfish survived! Good job rehoming him! I'm aquatic animal challenged .

The slow and steady was more like slow and NOT, so I'm on to hcg again (you already know that by now, but just posting for accountability). It's not that bad. I think the strictness really works for me. I tend to get a bit too indulgent otherwise!

But, I'll be stabilized by the time I'm out in CA in Dec. I'm planning to patronize Slaters-

Hope the contruction is done soon!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #24
Big Yapper!

I hate my new journal name, too. I wonder if the Admins would allow us to change it if we asked them to. Not sure what I'd pick for a new one but anything's better than the one I have now. I want one that reflects the new start I'm about to embark on.

Hang in there, cutie. Soon your bathroom will be all yours and you can make it so cozy and relaxing and it will be your favorite room in the house (at least for a while.)
Old 10-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #25
Big Yapper!

Hi, Julie! Glad you are feeling in more control with the hhcg. KUTGW!!!!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

I forgot to ask...does your catfish have a name?
Old 10-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #27
Big Yapper!

Geeze Louise! She's forgotten about us again, folks. She posted an after picture of her bathroom on facebook and I can tell you it is gorgeous. Maybe someday soon she'll come back to roost here a while and show the rest of us how it turned out.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
hi! Just found your new thread. Looking forward to seeing the finished product of your bathroom. Hope your diet is cooperating with you better these days!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:34 AM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

I want to see the bathroom! CherylB-tell her to get back here! lol!
Old 11-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #30
Big Yapper!

Sorry, handbells. I'm all through chasing her down. She can be found on facebook. See if you can locate her there and then send a friend request.