Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2014, 01:20 PM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Update: green salsa chicken came out great! Another weapon for my ultra-low-calorie arsenal!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2014, 10:12 AM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, low carb world! It's unusually mild and gorgeous here this morning. Went outside to water some flower pots and was greeted by a balmy breeze. (We need rain desperately, though, so hard to enjoy it. )

So last night, my hostess did not serve roast beef sandwiches. She made homemade pizza. It turned out ok, though. It was on this very thin, cracker-like crust, topped with chopped fresh tomatoes and fresh basil, and very little cheese. She cut it into little 2" squares, and I took two of them and ate mostly salad. I think the calories were quite low. I was starving when I went to bed though--I think because I needed protein! Looking forward to the leftover green salsa chicken I will have for lunch today.

I'm still not weighing, but I think I will in the next day or two, just for a check-in. I'm just trying really hard to focus on feeling great (which I do) and on my eating behaviors, rather than constantly judging myself based on numbers. The rest will come in its own time.

Today is choir day, which means dinner out between kids and adult choirs. We almost always go to a nearby branch of a local restaurant chain called Polly's Pies, which is kind of a coffee shop (sort of like a Coco's, if you have those in your area.) They have the perfect thing for me--a spinach salad topped with slice fresh strawberries and grilled chicken strips. I just order it with no dressing. So I hope we go there, since I know exactly what to order and can totally avoid temptation.

I was supposed to get my hair colored earlier in the week, but my hairdresser postponed it. I have about 3/4 of an inch of gray roots, and it's getting VERY hard to cover up (I use some spray-on color at the crown and down my partline.) I am DESPERATE to get in there tomorrow and get a cut and color. I look frazzled and dowdy right now!

So my plan, assuming no curveballs, is this:

40 calorie toast and black coffee for breakfast--already done
green salsa chicken and an apple for lunch (this will be at home, so no risk here)
salad with strawberries and chicken for dinner (this is the only thing that's up in the air)

That's all I've got today! Wishing anyone who stumbles by a great Thursday!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 02-20-2014, 03:35 PM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Sounds great!
Amazing you can stay away from the scale, but good job!
Have a good, productive time at choir & delicious dinner.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:20 PM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi, Debby! Things were fine--choir was great. Sunday, the kids are singing a really peppy, lively African anthem called "Bwana Asifiwe," which means "Praise the Lord." I have a guy coming to play the djimbe (African drum) with it. So today we did a dress rehearsal, so to speak, in the sanctuary. They were awesome!

We did indeed go to Polly's, and I did indeed eat the spinach, strawberry and chicken salad, so all is well!
Old 02-21-2014, 07:00 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great! Funny! I'm in the midst of planning for the Watoto African Children's Choir to arrive here. Lots of energy & fun. (also a large group that needs dinner & billets). Busy-busy.
That's great to be able to go out & stay on plan too!
Old 02-21-2014, 08:45 AM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my goodness, what fun for you! I have a great memory of a big youth choir on a national tour coming to sing at my church when i was a kid, and we put up two of the singers at our house. So exciting!

In other news, at last the day has come for me to get my #$@%$&* roots dyed! Great rejoicing!

I noticed yesterday that I am really starting to feel smaller--clothes loose, belly flatter, etc. Happy days! This morning, I've already had my toast and coffee and the plan is chicken for lunch and sirloin cubes for dinner. Really feeling like I'm on top of this thing!

The bad news is that Dave is coming home for several days next Tuesday, so I need to shop and prepare and be totally ready to cook meals for us so we don't end up eating out the whole time! I'm planning to actually sit down and write up some menus when I get home from the hairdressers--things that I can make a presentable meal for him while at the same time doing a rogue hcg-ish meal for me at the same time.

Later!
Old 02-21-2014, 10:12 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wish
Stats: 215/183/145
WOE: Atkins/ketogenic
Start Date: January 18 2014
I will have to have a look for that green salsa, sounds good!
wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:28 PM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm back, and my roots are brown! Hooray! Unfortunately, I'll have to wash and restyle it soon--I don't like the way she blew it out at all--tall on top and flat on the sides. Usually she "gets" me and does it the way I like it. I was her last client today--she must've had her mind on the weekend.

It was another gorgeous day, so after my appointment I went to the mall and had lunch at CPK--their waldorf chicken salad, hold the dressing (it's greens, chopped apple, bleu cheese and grilled chicken.) I avoided the cheese--I'm not a great fan of the strong stuff. Then I walked around the mall all afternoon (ok, ok--did a little buying too, just some inexpensive things at H&M and NY and Co.)

Dinner was sirloin cubes, some wilted Cruciferous Crunch-threw it in a saute pan with some broth till it softened a little, and of course, an apple. Now on the docket is some TV watching and a little reading in bed. Working on S. King's Doctor Sleep.

Jenn, hope you can find the salsa. The brand is Rojo's.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:01 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, sunshines. It's a bright, sunny Saturday here in SoCal and I have nothing on tap until a church dinner tonight. It's a "Soup and Soul" dinner, so if I don't find something acceptable to eat, I can just fake it and eat when I get home. No worries there.

As I knew it would, my hair looks outrageous this morning. Totally flat on the side I slept on, standing up and lump on the other side. I'm going to see if I can beat it into position with some hot curlers before I go to the church thing. I don't want to wash it because I need the color to "grab" really well for a couple of days.

Gonna get out and do a couple of small errands today. When I'm doing a P2, my only grocery shopping seems to be buying apples and greens and occasionally replenishing my chicken breast and sirloin supply, haha.

Wishing everyone (or anyone who comes by, at least) a lovely weekend. Spring is coming, people, and it's coming soon! Stay the course!
Old 02-22-2014, 10:04 AM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL / hair... I spray my hair with water to re-shape... When we're on motorcycle rides & I have helmet hair, when I was my hands I'll run my hands through my hair 'wet' & that really lifts it up.
I know about the shopping to replenish your diet stocks... I'm always doing that too, or doing the big cook-off thing. Always helps to be prepared. Too bad my DH doesn't eat like me... But it works.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:55 AM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

We have a motorcycle, too! Actually, two motorcycles--a Harley and a Victory. I try to avoid getting on them, but if I HAVE to, I can just give up on my hair for that weekend...
Old 02-23-2014, 07:31 AM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning, world. I'm about to head to church, but thought I'd check in. Had a bit of a "cheat meal" last night at the church dinner--nothing too wild or out of control, but tasted about five different soups. Don't think I did myself much harm, calorie-wise, but of course, not on protocol. No worries, motoring on today. I'm in this thing for the long haul.

Got kid choirs singing this morning, and I'm looking forward to it! Must fly--later!
Old 02-24-2014, 09:40 AM   #73
Blabbermouth!!!

It's Monday, low carb friends. We all have a brand new, spanking clean week in which to try to accomplish our goals and improve our health. I am feeling very determined on this Monday, and hope you are, too!
Old 02-24-2014, 12:37 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Hi vb, I am just so jealous you are in Socal, I haven't seen or felt the sun on my face in months! Today is particularly cold at -22f, not sure if that is correct, I operate in celcius, it is -30 celcius. IT IS CCCCOLD!

Hubby has two motorcycles too, I haven't been on one since before we were married, like 15 years ago. I hated helmet hair! my hair is really fine and thin and it gets flattened and sweaty like nothing else ;-)

Is HCG your permanent WOE? Have you been doing it for a long time? I am not really interested in it right now, just wondering why you are doing HCG.

correction- I have seen the sun but it isn't the summer sun, if you know what i mean.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:46 PM   #75
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Sounds like you're doing well! so happy for you!! We've got sunshine and great weather too!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:46 PM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds like you're doing well! so happy for you!! We've got sunshine and great weather too! It's such a blessing!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:12 PM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

Julie, great to see you! And yes, loving the sunshine, but worrying about the drought...

wish, as far as the hcg goes, I started doing it when I hit a 2 YEAR, yes, that's right--2 YEAR stall on Atkins. It was the exact same point at which I've stalled every time I've ever done Atkins. I finally faced the fact that I was going to have to try something different to bust through it. (And it worked!)
Old 02-25-2014, 09:54 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

I am glad it worked! 2 years is a long time to be in a stall!!
Old 02-25-2014, 05:05 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You girls are the better half of the guys we run into on the road ALL the time! We love to go on long trips on ours. Planning a trip across Canada in the next few months (when the snow melts). It will be harder this time though, will be missing Molly. But she will be in good care, by my vet & her hubby, along with their dogs. Still would like to buy a trailer or something to take her with.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:22 PM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
You girls are the better half of the guys we run into on the road ALL the time! We love to go on long trips on ours. Planning a trip across Canada in the next few months (when the snow melts). It will be harder this time though, will be missing Molly. But she will be in good care, by my vet & her hubby, along with their dogs. Still would like to buy a trailer or something to take her with.
I'm picturing a sidecar...

Old 02-25-2014, 05:25 PM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've been looking at those too!
Old 02-26-2014, 10:21 AM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
I've been looking at those too!

Just checking in. I'm doing fine, but Dave flies in tonight, and as we have seen, I have a lot of trouble adhering to a plan when he's here. Send me some positive vibes...

Edited to add:

On tap for today, besides my usual toast and coffee for breakfast, is green salsa chicken for lunch and puttanesca chicken for dinner. You could say I'm in a chicken mood (Or, you could more accurately say that I thawed a really, really large chicken breast that should be good for at least two meals. Add in a little apple and some Cruciferous Crunch, and we have a day.)

Last edited by verbqueen; 02-26-2014 at 10:24 AM..
Old 03-01-2014, 09:39 AM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

Greetings, world. I am still alive, but Dave is totally disrupting my routine and is seemingly always using my iMac. Yes, I have an iPad and an iPhone, but typing on those devices is SO laborious for me!

My eating plan is also greatly disrupted, but I am really trying to keep the brakes on. Be back when I can!
Old 03-01-2014, 10:18 AM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Men!
Hope you have a great time & stay on track!
Old 03-05-2014, 12:26 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

just stopping by
Old 03-12-2014, 02:30 PM   #86
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm alive! Stressed out, but alive. So the day after Dave left, Ian and his girlfriend came to stay for a week. On the last day of their visit (Saturday), a pipe ruptured under my kitchen floor and flooded the kitchen. I've been dealing with the aftermath ever since. Lord, what a mess.

The upshot is that they were able to route a new pipe through the kitchen cabinets and then through a wall in the dining room. As soon as I saw water, I shut the water supply to the house off at the curb, and was up most of the night Saturday night, mopping up water and drying my beloved Brazilian cherry floors. In an effort to save my floors, I left the water completely off till the plumbers could get here yesterday. So I was stinky and thirsty, haha, but miraculously, the floors survived in good shape.

Next up--repairing all the torn-out drywall and repainting. Arghhhhh.

Still trying to do JUDDD-style eating with my hhcg pellets. It's been bumpy, especially when I was unable to cook or do dishes during my water outage. Still plugging with it!

Got a repairman coming any second to look at my drywall repair situation. Back later!
Old 03-13-2014, 02:42 PM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah, poor you! What a bummer! Great that your floors made it! Do you have dryers going? Floors will usually start buckling a few days later. We've had a couple of floods on our wood floors.
My husband does insurance jobs all the time dealing with this... first thing you do is cut the bottom of the drywall away to let the air in to dry... then you only have to repair the bottom & repaint all. Plus use air movers for a week or more to make sure everything drys. Its a common problem, which insurance companies pay for.... usually dishwashers are the culprit.
Hope life gets back to 'easy-going' soon!
Old 03-20-2014, 04:18 PM   #88
Big Yapper!!!!

at the men mucking up the works...dh makes following hcg really hard for me. He always likes dining out and gets a tad miffed if I'm not eating..,I don't make him feel bad or complain, I just eat at home and order a drink while we're out. I'd do better alone during my 3 weeks! So sorry about the water pipe and flood...but hope it's all resolved, and the repairman can fix the drywall quickly!
Old 03-21-2014, 01:14 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

are your floors alright? how are you holding up?