Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #31
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I caved. Saw her on facebook so I messaged her and told her you all still were waiting to see how her bathroom turned out. She said she'll check in tomorrow.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2014, 09:08 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
It's me, world. I'm still alive out here. I'm sorry to have disappeared, but I've spent the better part of the year on a horrible cycle of gaining and losing and gaining and losing, and it felt like making grand announcements here and then not following through was just part of the terrible pattern I was in, so I just decided to check out of it all for a while. Since October, until last week, I haven't even attempted to follow any kind of eating plan, or really even thought about weight or diet or any of it. I think I just needed a break.

I'm ready to get back to reality now. I've definitely gained some back. Not all, so that's a blessing. I'm grateful to be able to say that I'm still a long way from my ultimate high weight of 220-something. Last week, I suddenly felt READY, in my heart and soul, to get back to some sort of self-control. Today is my 8th day of being back on an eating plan, and I'm feeling very, very good and losing some of the baggage I picked up. That's all I'll say about that for the time being.

As promised long ago, here's a photo of how the bathroom remodel came out! The only change has been that I did add a window covering. I put up some wood shades with different colors of brown, that really pick up the colors in the tile. The "rainglass" windows just did not provide any nighttime privacy at all.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:09 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi! So good to hear from you again. I'm happy for you, that you got back on track. Sometimes we take side-roads & have a hard time finding our way back. I'm rooting for you!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:26 PM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you, Debby!
Old 02-04-2014, 06:05 AM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Jessica!!! *hugs* So happy to "see" you! I hope you will be posting more!

I understand completely about your "disappearance"...I think most of us have done that a time or two...I know I have, certainly!

Your bathroom looks great! Thanks for sharing!
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:01 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Handbells! {{{hugs}}} You're still here! Did you do any bell-playing during the Christmas season?

I'm going to click your journal link and catch up with what's going on with you!
Old 02-04-2014, 10:22 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

So quick update from me. Today is Day 9. Yesterday, I ate a few more calories than I meant to, but I won't be deterred by that. As I was discussing with Terri, I think the metabolism does best when we keep it guessing. Today I'll keep it really low and go for kind of a JUDDD effect.

My community chorale is working on a gorgeous work, Morten Lauridsen's Lux Aeterna. I made a CD of it and have it continually looping in my car to help me learn it. It's amazing what surrounding yourself with beauty does for your spirit. It makes you look around for the beauty in the world around you. I've been thinking a lot about this, and if I were to have a new year's resolution, I think it would be to open my eyes a little more to what is beautiful in my world--to actually stop for a minute and look at the sunset, to close my eyes and really focus on a moment of beautiful music, and so forth. The beauty is there all the time, but we get so wrapped up in our tasks that we don't notice it!

Here's my food plan for the day:

B: 40 calorie toast, black coffee, various meds and supplements
L: P2 chili with 1 T. ff sour cream, apple, iced tea
D: chicken stir-fry, strawberries, iced tea

That's pretty light, I know, but I'm trying to create a conflict with my higher calorie day yesterday!

Back later!
Old 02-05-2014, 10:23 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Day 10 has arrived, and I am ready to take it on. I've already had my brekkie of a slice of 40 calorie bread, toasted, and black coffee.

Yesterday, I made a pot of cabbage soup with 93% lean ground beef, fire-roasted tomatoes, broth and a few handfuls of Trader Joe's Cruciferous Crunch (cabbage, kale, brussels sprouts and broccoli all shredded up together.) So that'll be lunch, with an apple. Dinner will be sirloin cubes, I think, and some frozen strawberries for dessert.

I got nothin' today--no information of any interest to share. My plan is to putter around the house and get some household tasks done. Dave is coming in from Seattle tomorrow for a long weekend, so I probably won't get many chores done once he gets here.

Later, world.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:31 AM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Go girl!! You're off to a great start! I'm still wallowing and looking for some motivation. Sigh.
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, Julie! Good to see you. NO self-recriminating allowed, girl. You have done a far better job than I have at staying near goal. Small ups and downs are a part of being alive. When the time is right for you, you'll address your small bump-up.

I didn't get in here to check in yesterday because I was kinda swamped. As anyone who knows me already knows, Thursday is choir day and I teach singing all afternoon and then sing myself all evening. Yesterday was an even more complicated Thursday because I had to fetch Dave from the airport and as soon as I dropped him at home, go to an appointment at the med-spa for some laser treatment. I'm still working on a couple of small patches of broken capillaries on my face. This time, I think we got them, plus, because that only took about 2 minutes of my 15 minute appointment, I had her zap all kinds of other stuff, too--some spider veins on my legs and a whole slew of cherry angiomas (those little red dots that some skin types are prone to.) So that was a very satisfying trip!

When I got home from that, Dave was settled in on my iMac for a long spell, and I'm such a crappy typist on my touchscreen devices that I kinda lost my window of opportunity.

Anyway, yesterday went pretty well, diet-wise. I had to eat both lunch and dinner out, so that's always an iffy proposition. I had a lettuce-wrapped turkey burger with pickles, tomatoes and mustard for lunch. For dinner, I had a spinach salad, no dressing, topped with strawberries and grilled chicken. You just never know what kind of stuff restaurants throw in there, so who knows, but I feel I made good choices and I'm letting it go at that.

Today was, of course, toast and coffee for brekkie and will heat up some cabbage soup and slice an apple for lunch. Dinner may well be out, with Dave home, and if so, I'll make the best possible choices and not worry.

Wishing a happy weekend to anyone who stumbles by.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:51 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Saturday, world. I'm on Day 13, here, and doing fine.

Dave and I did indeed go out last night, to his favorite Mexican place. I got a mixed veggie salad with a chicken breast on it, so I think I did fine.

I feel like I'm probably eating more calories than I should be with all this eating out, but I'm eating on-plan foods and certainly eating WAY less calories than I ordinarily would. So I won't agonize--if this forces me to extend my weight loss phase longer than I would have, that'll be no big thing.

So far today, I have had my toast and coffee, and am about to have some deli turkey and an apple for lunch.

I'm sure Dave will want to go out tonight, so I will aim for plan protein and salad when that happens.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:57 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Just a quick Day 14 check-in. Dave still here, still eating out a lot, but hanging in there with my plan.

He leaves Wed. a.m., and I may be fairly scarce until then. Happy Sunday.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:30 AM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Monday check-in, Day 15. I'm doing fine. Dave will be out all day in my car, doing some work-related stuff, so at least my wish not to eat every meal at a restaurant will come true. My cleaning lady is here today, so at lest I've got some company.

I've already had my breakfast of 40 calorie toast and black coffee. Lunch will be the last bowl of the cabbage soup I made the other day, plus an apple. For dinner, I'm going to cook some chicken somehow or other in some way that Dave and I can both eat it. I think maybe I'll make him some pasta and make sort of a chicken parmigiana for him, and just plain chicken with some fire-roasted tomatoes over it for me.

Other than that, just going to do some jobs around the house today. Happy Monday, LCF world.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:27 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds great! I get a nice quiet day at home today too. Enjoy!
Old 02-10-2014, 12:21 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wish
Stats: 215/183/145
WOE: Atkins/ketogenic
Start Date: January 18 2014
Happy Monday! I have a lot of work to do today around the house too. Went to the gym this morning and now that my little guy is sleeping I should be working, not on the forums! Oh well, it is a little me time!
wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:45 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for stopping by, girls! And wish--yes, by all means, mommies deserve me time!
Old 02-12-2014, 08:58 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning, friends (if I have any ). Very quick check-in today. About to take Dave to airport, then club luncheon, then alumni association cocktail party. Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it.

I'll be around more after today, promise.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:55 AM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Whew! What a day yesterday, but I lived through it. I left home at 10:00 a.m. and got back at almost 10:00 p.m. I had to kind of grope my way through on the food since it was all out of my control to a great extent, but feel like I did as well as possible.

But TODAY--today I am back to my normal life, and foresee a good solid two weeks of eating mostly at home and focusing intently on my goals. With that in mind, today's menu:

B: toast and black coffee
L: beef cubes and half an apple (I bought some Honey Crisps that are the size of a grapefruit!!)
D: (will be out, as always on Thursdays) salad, no dressing, topped with chicken
After choir snack: other half of my giant apple
Old 02-13-2014, 04:47 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh that sounds like a brutal day! I usually starve on days like that. Hope life evens out for you.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:54 AM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

You're doing great, Jessica!

No handbell playing for me I changed churches and my new church doesn't have handbells.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:45 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello, Jenn! Sorry about the handbells. I think handbell choirs are getting more difficult to find as churches turn more toward contemporary worship. Glad we've still got them--they are lots of fun! We also have a set of the more child-friendly choir chimes, and I use those a LOT in my children's choirs. I've learned that if you want to keep children coming back to choir, put instruments in their hands. (Boys especially love drums, but everyone loves bells!)

Hope my LCFs will forgive my unceremonious absence. My ATT Uverse conked out on Friday, and I spent the whole weekend without any electronic connection to the world! It made for a surprisingly long weekend, but I did get some reading time in. They finally got out and installed a new modem last night. Color me not too impressed with Uverse so far. I had high-speed cable internet for over ten years, and never experienced a failure!

My diet seems to be evolving into sort of a JUDDD pattern--higher calories one day, low ones the next, so I"m just rolling with it (but still with the homeopathic hcg pellets--I like how I feel with them.) I'm sure it'll be slower, but it seems to work better with the flow of my life. Of course, if I manage to string multiple 500 calorie days together in a row, I will be delighted! I'm eating protocol foods (as I interpret that) all the time, but with the numerous restaurant meals that my lifestyle involves, I know I've been getting more than 500 calories on some days.

So be it. If it takes longer to get this regain off, so be it. I'll live with that.

I've got a nice, empty Monday and Tuesday this week, and I'm looking forward to getting some chores and household things all caught up.

Will try to check back in later. Thanks, Debby and Jenn, for looking in on me! I'll stop by your pages and see what's new!
Old 02-17-2014, 02:03 PM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

I do miss my bells, but I love my new church! So much more than my old one!

Welcome to the world of JUDDD
Old 02-17-2014, 02:16 PM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks (and JUDDD is not new to me--I was JUDDD before it was cool, haha!)

So glad you've found a church you love! For me, that's a huge part of a happy and meaningful daily life.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:53 PM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi,
That sounds better for you & your health to alternate your calories. 500 is so low! Although yesterday I ended up only having 700 calories myself. Sundays are so off schedule, its hard to fit all the eating in!
Your bells sound interesting. We enjoy making a joyful sound in our church family too.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:37 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning, Debby. I agree--I think it's better for the metabolism not to be too slavishly the same every day (and I saw on your journal that you said much the same thing!)

Yesterday I had a wonderful eating day--cooked and ate all my meals at home, and really enjoyed them, and didn't feel hungry. I'd say my calories were around 600. Because I have meals out scheduled for both Wed. and as always, Thursday, I'm going to try to keep the calories ultra-low again today. Then I'll try to come up with an effective plan for Wed.(playing bridge and having dinner at a friend's house) and Thurs. (working dinner with my boss) one day at a time.

We're doing the most ethereally beautiful piece of music in my Master Chorale--Morten Lauridsen's "Lux Aeterna." It's just looping over and over again through my head, but in a good way! I'm struggling a little with some of the Latin, so one of my plans for today is to sing through it several times (along with a CD, not "acapulco," heehee.)

The other plan is to do a bit of cleaning and organizing around the house, and make a quick run to Costco for paper towels. I know most people wouldn't dash into the vastness of Costco for only one item--for most people, it's more of an all-day field trip--but I happen to live less than a mile from one. In fact, it's closer to me than the regular supermarket, so I often make a quick dash there just to pick up this or that. However, I make certain to go in at oddball times when there aren't any long lines at the checkouts.

That's it for me. Maybe will drop back by later.

Last edited by verbqueen; 02-18-2014 at 09:39 AM..
Old 02-18-2014, 12:39 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wish
Stats: 215/183/145
WOE: Atkins/ketogenic
Start Date: January 18 2014
hi!

just having a quick look at your journal!
wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:26 PM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Hiya, Jenn!

I think I came in around 700 calories today, which is totally acceptable. So there's two nice, low days in a row. Hooray!
Old 02-19-2014, 03:09 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

You're doing great Jessica!

We saw the Lego movie on Sunday and I have the main song stuck in my head...it doesn't help that the kids go around singing it constantly! lol!
Old 02-19-2014, 10:12 AM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, Jenn! I went to a movie yesterday--Winter's Tale. It got terrible critical reviews, but I really enjoyed it. It's romantic and uplifting. Funny, I had read the book many years ago (I mean MANY, like maybe 25!) and did not remember a thing about the plot, so the whole thing came as a complete surprise to me, haha! I keep hearing that the Lego movie is awesome (and that the song is an "earworm") so I'll have to go see it! I love movies and my local theater has a $4 matinee, so I go often. My friends always say "aw, you went all by yourself? You should've called me." Um, HELLO? I love to go by myself. Then I can totally lose myself in the movie, and I don't have to make any stilted conversation about it afterward.

I've just had my brekkie of 40 calorie toast and coffee, and am thawing a chicken breast for lunch. Dinner will be at my bridge buddy's house. She usually gets this Italian drip beef from Portillo's and makes sandwiches, with salad on the side. She knows I don't eat bread, so she puts my beef in a bowl, haha. So that should actually work out just fine for me.

I'm feeling good and in control (unlike when Dave was home, haha) and kinda like I'm building up a head of steam, here. I think I'll try very hard to go for another very low calorie day here, since I feel able. And we know life will probably throw an accidental "up day" at me when I least expect it, so I might as well stay down while I can!

Last edited by verbqueen; 02-19-2014 at 10:13 AM..
Old 02-19-2014, 10:38 AM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

P.S. Yesterday during my Costco paper towel run, I sampled some green tomatillo salsa that was super low calorie (15 calories for 2 T.), so I bought a jar. For lunch today, gonna slice and pound some really thin chicken cutlets, give them a quick flash saute, and top with the green salsa! I'm always looking for low on calories and high on flavor.