Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   Watch me shrink (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/810729-watch-me-shrink.html)

ltighe 08-25-2013 08:05 PM

Watch me shrink

Started JUDDD 8/19/13
Weight on 8/24/13 247.2 lbs, 6'0", size 22/Women's 2X
Still working out the plan. Sticking to 500 cals per DD: Shakes, cottage cheese w salsa, raw veggies.
Reading up on potato hack for my DDs.
Drinking coffee again to kill appetite.
Loving bulletproof coffee on my UDs.
Considering eating only 12pm - 8pm on UDs.
Energy is definitely up, would like to start exercising very soon.

ltighe 08-25-2013 08:10 PM

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/...psde99cb9a.jpg
Pic taken 8/21/13

ltighe 08-26-2013 06:56 AM

Supplements (some times I forget to take them):
Multivitamin
D3
Calcium
Fish Oil
Iron pill

ltighe 08-26-2013 06:58 AM

Weight gain after a good DD yesterday! Up to 247.9. I'm hoping it is just water from the hasselback potatoes I ate last night for dinner.

I've started my day with a coke zero and bulletproof coffee. Will eat from 12-8pm today.

ltighe 08-26-2013 11:24 AM

found some raspberry ketones in the cabinet so I'll take those until they are gone too

ltighe 08-27-2013 04:01 AM

I found this under the Super Secret Potato Project on Mark's Daily Apple, didn't want to lose it. Considering a potato fast very soon.

However, the second part--can your body use stored fat in place of dietary fat-- that is a definite 'yes'. That is where the secret behind the Potato Diet's efficiency lies. Any fat-loss diet relies on several things: Enough satiety to prevent the user from going crazy and a calorie deficit.

Many who try the potato diet find they can easily eat only 1/2 or so of their normal caloric intake and not feel starved. A little hungry, yes, but not so bad they can't stick it out a week.

Potatoes have a little bit of all the protein you need to survive and enough carbs to give you energy, but very little fat. You need fat from somewhere to fuel bodily functions. Your body readily pulls this from body stores as needed in a calorie deficit state.

As to whether this is 'right' for you just depends. You don't need to focus on the science, just the way it makes you feel and results. If it feels dumb and you don't like it one bit, don't stress yourself out trying it.

If you want to give it a try, I'd recommend cooking up a whole bunch of potatoes you can keep on hand in the fridge for snacks or meals on the go, and eating just potatoes for 3-4 days. If you drop a bunch of weight, continue on a few more days or stop and do it again at a later date. When I say 'just potatoes', I mean it--water/coffee/tea, potatoes, salt/pepper/vinegar. Try not to turn it into an all-you-can-eat, stuff-yourself-til-sick deal, but more of a potato for lunch a couple for dinner and a few bites here and there to stave off hunger.

You will know after a day or two if you can sustain it. If you can't--quit. That easy!

ltighe 08-27-2013 04:05 AM

Yesterday was a good UD. Eating only 12pm-8pm:
Bulletproof coffee
Salad of corn, black beans, salsa, avocado
Dinner was at church with a sampling of appetizers and side items. Stayed away from most crackers and all sweets. Even passed on the wine!
This morning, I am still feeling full so I will skip the scale.

Looking forward to today's DD with coffee, water, shakes and lettuce, cottage cheese, salsa for dinner. If I have time I might prepare some potatoes and start a potato hack tomorrow.

ltighe 08-27-2013 09:04 PM

Kept under 500 cals on today's DD. Lots of coffee and water. Walked 8191 steps/3.6 miles/burned 388 calories. Headache that didn't go away with Advil. Taking a Tylenol PM even though I should stay up and work tonight.

ltighe 08-30-2013 11:36 AM

8/28 and 8/29 PH Days. 1st day felt great, walked 4.5 miles/9,576 steps. Today I'm tired and don't have a lot of energy. So far walked 3.7 miles/7,603 steps, and I have another walk planned for this evening. The potatoes were delicious and filling. One I chopped and covered in SF ketchup and mustard. The other covered with onion salt, celery seed and mustard (potato salad). Both days lots of water, a coke zero, coffee with stevia. Going to stick with it today and there should be a loss tomorrow morning!

ltighe 08-31-2013 05:18 AM

Ended yesterday with walking totals 11,166 steps/5.4 miles/570 cals

Only ate potatoes w/seasonings, lots of water, coffee w stevia, coke zero

GAINED 2 lbs! This morning weighed 244. Wonder why potato hack isn't working. AND I've started exercising.

I'm not miserable on potatoes, so I will keep at it for at least a couple more days. Pretty frustrating to only lose 3 pounds in two weeks.

ltighe 08-31-2013 01:34 PM

After my 90 min walk, I was down to 241. During a quiet moment on my walk it came to me that I might be building muscle and that is why the scale isn't moving! 11489 steps/5.7 miles/602 calories burned. Potatoes, seasonings and water today. Will need a 4:00 Coffee cause I'm dragging!

ltighe 08-31-2013 08:39 PM

Made the best mashed potatoes in crock pot. 4 cups homemade chicken broth, about 5 lbs chopped russet potatoes with skin on, plus one chopped onion and two bullion cubes. (Filled to the top with potatoes) Cooked on low for 8 hours then smashed everything in the pot. Served warm with sea salt, fresh cracked pepper and several green onions. Tonight at mass I had a burst of energy and felt much stronger. Looking forward to trying these potatoes with taco seasoning and green chilies or my homemade ranch dressing mix. Did have a few handfuls of popcorn after the movies tonight. Trying to flush it through with lots of water. Picked up sugar free, calorie free coffee syrups on clearance at Target today. Creme brulee and cinnamon. Will use in cold coffee and maybe on a sweetened potato. Hoping my heel blisters heal by tomorrow so that I can go for another 90 min walk.

ltighe 08-31-2013 08:55 PM

Updated pic 08/31/13

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/...psdae1ea4d.jpg

ltighe 09-03-2013 08:30 AM

9/3 Huge nasty blister/open wound on the back of my foot keeps me from my 5 mile walks :( Yesterday I walked in my crocs for 3 miles, but rubbed new blisters on the tops of my feet. Gave up on the potato hack as I was not losing. Still confused about gaining muscle/losing fat. I have been on this diet for two weeks with significant calorie reduction and added lots of exercise. Still not giving up, though. Today I've only had coke zero and coffee w sweetener. Need to get going on my water intake for the day. Only eating daily 12pm-8pm. Today is a down day so I will have two shakes and a small portion of grilled chicken tonight for dinner.

GailyGail 09-03-2013 12:13 PM

You look great -- you can tell from your photos that you look healthier. Good for you! Sounds like you are making great progress on your plan!

ltighe 09-03-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GailyGail (Post 16588021)
You look great -- you can tell from your photos that you look healthier. Good for you! Sounds like you are making great progress on your plan!

Thanks Gail!