Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 03:57 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: gizmik
* for the sake of my Rolling Stones dress *

Hiya there!
I'm planning to write here daily to both keep track of what i do or eat and feeling the motivation of yours. It will be a good experience for me to express my feelings as well.
The title of my thread is obvious. I recently bought a dress with Rolling Stones emblem on it but I don't feel good enough to wear it yet. Hopefully, by the end of September I will be able to wear it confidently.

First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm 18 from Turkey. I currently stand at 5'10 and 151 lbs. I came all this way up from 177-180 lbs. For almost 3 months, I followed a balanced diet and high intensity cardio. But I was rarely seeing results, eventhough weight is coming off it was flipping slow! Meantime, i started off with a wide variety of exercise plans but since I got so easily bored of routine it was hard for me to keep up with a certain plan. I tried 30 DS, blogilates and many more. But finally, i find the solution to do whatever i want, as long as i work my butt off!

A week ago, I started LC plan. I seriously love chicken and cheese so i thought it would be too easy for me. Whenever i felt hungry, i could easily eat cheese this sounded more than awesome! But on my 3rd day, i felt a huge bloating. My weight increased by 4 lbs overnight! It was probably because I was overeating nuts and cheese. I felt awful. To make things worse, the tiny piece of kidney bean i ate the night before gave me both constipation and more of a bloating. I had to take a laxative to find peace!

Laxative worked and I'm down to 150-151 as of this morning. So it adds up to only 2 pound in a week with LC plan. If it was not for the bloating i would have lost more than that, in my opinion. But if it was not for it, i could not realize what i was doing wrong and never get below 30g of carbs and get rid of excessive amount of cheese.

I currently see lots of non-scale victories as well. For example, last night, i woke up at 11 pm ( my sleep pattern is kinda ridiculous these days.) I was planning to do cardio all day, but i could not resist sleeping. When I woke up,I was as hungry as a horse. I ate some meatballs and a tiny piece of bread. After a while, i started to feel TOO FULL, and definetely in need of burning it off but it was nearly midnight and normally it is kinda not allowed to walk at this time lest the noise of treadmill will disturb the downstairs neighbour. And normally, i would see this as an excuse for not working out. But last night, it went off differently. I was surfing on the net on weight loss forums and instantly, i felt the motivation. Stood up, went directly to the treadmill and sweated a bunch! ( Luckily, the neighbours seemed alright LOL )

As for today, the laxatives still seem to work. Whenever i'm done with cheving, i go to the restroom in a second So it should not be important what i ate. Nevertheless, i ate 15-20 grams of carb and lots of protein up to now!

It was a long post, wow!
Have a good day, you all
gizmik is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Another non scale victory overhere!
I went to shopping today which I had not been doing for a while. I used to wear 32 size for jeans. I wanted to try which size I would be fit in and i grabbed a 28 size, hopelessly though. AND IT FIT LOOSELY! I really could not believe, i checked it many times.
11 kilogram, and 4 jeans size down. AWESOME!
Old 08-26-2013, 05:02 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Today I had tuna salad, with mayo, lettuce parsley and a little bit tomatoes.