Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/127/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Pandora174's Maintenance Journey 120 lbs down !

Got inspired from reading everyone else's posts so thought I would start my own to keep me accountable and sane. Tomorrow I will write out a thorough background to this weightloss journey of mine. My focus now is on maintenance and health. I feel I need to take a break from focusing and reading the losing weight posts that I found so necessary in losing all this weight. Maintaining is another journey and one I plan on being for the rest of my life ! There are no easy roads and I realize I can never eat the way I did and its OK. Now just trying to focus on enjoying the new ME !

Last edited by pandora174; 08-16-2013 at 08:44 PM..
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

I started at 248 lbs ! I have been heavy for the past 17 years as the weight creeped up and up. Then about a year ago Jan 2012 my co-workers & I were finally tired of being heavy & went to a weight loss clinc as a group. We went to Medi Weight loss Center and together we all motivated each other and encouraged each other. I lost my first 50 lbs & really learned about eating healthy & that I can lose weight.

In April 2012 I stopped going to the clinic (very pricey & having side effects from the appetite suppressants) and started hCHG. I did 3 rounds back to back and got down to 130 in Nov of 2012. After some crazy vacation binge/cheat I did 2 short rounds & got down to a vanity weight of 122 in April 2013.

But this weight is not realistic for me. I'm 5'4, 44 years old & my body just kept going back up to 128-129. I did the 5:2 for 3 months but I felt for me the 2 500 calorie DD were too much and I was very tired, lethargic & plain hungry to try to maintain. So for the last 3 weeks I've been maintaining nicely 127-129. I think I am moderate low carb as I nornally have under 50 net carbs a day or lower. I do count my calories and keep track in my food app. I also have been exercising 30 every day for the last few weeks.

I can't wait to be able to say I am 1 year in successful maintenance and then 2 years etc etc. My goal is to be healthy, happy and thin !!

Last edited by pandora174; 08-17-2013 at 09:06 AM..
Old 08-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

So far having a very relaxing weekend getting my DS ready for school on Monday. Been focusing on eating to hunger. I make sure I have all my favorite foods and right now I am fixated on berries : (strawberries/raspberries/blackberries/blueberries). I also love GG crispbreads. I have them at least once a day & I find them very filling.

I am still counting calories and not really going over 1400 actually averaging 1350. A little low since my TDEE tells me I should be about 1600 in some websites to 1800 in others. Not sure what to do ? But the last few days my weight has been 129.4/127.0/127.4/129.4/127.8/127.8 so pretty stable.

I am also exercising 30 min very day on my recumbent bike with little resistance and I do feel emotionally much better when I exercise. So just going to see what happens over the next few weeks. I am still eating during my 8 hour window of 10 to 6 and that helps me not mindlessly eat or the late night munching which always added needless calories. I am very happy that my hunger is in control now & I get full very easily now.

Let's see what the scale says tomorrow. I wish my feelings were so affected by the scale but that's a battle I am still waging. At least now I am not running to do a CD every time the scale goes up. I notice if I just keep on doing what I normally do the scale is going back to where it's supposed to. That in of itself is pretty darn cool

Last edited by pandora174; 08-17-2013 at 01:22 PM..
Old 08-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Woke up today to 127.6 which is a little -.2 drop but I have been very stable the last few days and feel very relaxed in my eating. Been exercising every single day for 30 min on my recumbent bike and somehow feel that is helping keeping me stable though previously it would cause me to gain.

I did make a most yummy low carb pizza with Joseph's lavash roll up last night and lots of berries. So I can definitely have lc substitutes and not gain The key is to keep within my calorie count. I really do think though it's a hard thing to accept that we have to keep track of our calories. No matter we eat. I also have been tracking everything I eat because when I don't do that it's very easy to get liberal in my cooking or in snacking even if P3/P4 or LC friendly and the calories add up.

Today going to run some last minute errands for back to school. We'll probably bbq again and then dinner will be left overs. Then bed early and I have tomorrow off for first day of school. Then back to my normal routine with work/home etc.

I am glad I tried the 5:2 plan but it's just too stressing for me and too restrictive when all I want to do is maintain. But it did make me appreciate my weight and that trying to get to & maintain at 123-125 isn't all that it's cracked up to.

I am not going to lie and say I am over completely getting lower. I do look at my size 4 pants and remember when they fit perfectly at 123 but then I remember all the stress I gave myself and misery when the scale would go back up time and time again. It's not like I can't lose the extra few lbs, sure I can do a FF for 3 days and be at 122 guaranteed but then what No matter how clean I eat I will go back up to my stabilized weight. I also worry that even if I try and experiment it will mess with my current stabilzation.

Oh well enough of the pity party. Time to enjoy my Sunday with the family.

Last edited by pandora174; 08-18-2013 at 08:02 AM..
Old 08-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Woke up to TOM yuck ! But at least I've been regular which is huge for me. The last 3 months I have been regular like clock work which I haven't been ever in my life.

Up to 129.2 which is up +1.6 but that's tom fluctuation so not stressed at all. That will come off in a few days. Very crampy but oh well. Got DS off for his first day of school today. After a yummy Starbucks Blonde Vente with hwc and sf vanilla came home and made my weekend breakfast as a treat today. 5 pieces of bacon, 2 egg omelet a tablespoon of chedder, guacamole and a bowl of berries with some heavy whipped cream

Not sure about lunch yet. Maybe some GY or some ground lamb and green beans Definitely making a lc meatloaf for the week.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:01 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

TOM and back to work so up today to 129.6 which is +.4 from yesterday. Not doing anything yet because it's TOM and any CD are fruitless until it's gone. So eating as planned, keeping in my exercise as well. If by Friday I haven't gone back down to 127 which is my preferred weight I am noticing then I'll do a GY CD.

Feel very bloated so making sure I am drinking my water today.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Feel totally yucky with tom so I'm seriously contemplating doing a GY day tomorrow. We'll see how I feel tomorrow morning if I go through with it or not...decisions decisions
Old 08-21-2013, 07:22 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Doing my GY day today. Woke up to 130 I know it's tom which is day 3and I am still very crampy & bloated and it is not real weight just water and inflammation but taking care of it. Just want to jo back down to my 127 and I know if I do the GY I will feel better mentally and physically as well.

Will still keep in my exericse since I am keeping at it 7 days a week !! Feeling positive
Old 08-22-2013, 05:09 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

So my GY CD netted me a -1.4 drop to 128.6. A little disappointing for me since I usually drop 2 to 2.4 but I'll take it particularly since I am during tom. Finally it should be over today or tomorrow. Back to eating normal today though I am keeping an eye on the calories and having about 1200 today and tomorrow. Hopefully once tom is completely gone I can drop back down to 127.0. I didn't exercise yesterday but today will go back to my exercise routine.

Thinking of making a chorizo egg casserole for tomorow and planning on some chicken livers for dinner tonight .

Feeling much more in control of my WOE since I let go of my obsession with wanting to stay under 125. I realize subconsciously it was another way of staying in weight loss mode and not fully embracing or accepting the new me. Almost like my old heavy self that felt never good enough well my new skinny self was still doing the same negative behaviors of still not feeling good enough or worthy of what I have accomplished.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:37 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

TOM is gone and I did get a little bounceback from my GY day and I'm 129.2 so up +.6. Been exercising and eating clean. I hope tomorrow to be back in the 128 range after I sleep in. I really do want to be where I was last week at 127.2 but darn TOM always messes things up. I have to be patient and it will come off since I know it's only water weight since I have not been overeating. Patience !

At least it's Friday so today getting my mani/pedi. I made some crockpot chicken with cream cheese and veggies so no cooking and will relax. Once I do that the scale goes down all on it's own.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:47 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Morning ! Down -.6 to 128.6 ! Did nothing except continue to keep track of my calories and exercise. TOM is finally gone so I'm hoping to see 127.8 like last week but it's all good anyway. Planning on sticking to my current calorie count this weekend which is around 1200-1300. Slept in like I normally do on the weekend and planning on watching movies at home. Tomorrow might do a little shopping in the late morning.

So far very happy with maintenance. I must confess I still think about getting lower to my lowest number of 122-123 But it's not a driving obsession like before just a nagging little though here & there.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi,
I hope its OK to post on your journal? I saw you on Julies blog.
Congratulations on your tremendous weight loss! What a great story!
There certainly is a shortage of threads for "maintainers"... I've looked for them & the ones I joined were very sparse as far as participation.
I've been maintaining now for over a year & love hearing about how you are keeping things in balance. I'm also exactly the same height & wt. as you... although farther along in years.
Anyway, thought I'd say hello & tell you that I'm enjoying your journal.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi,
I hope its OK to post on your journal? I saw you on Julies blog.
Congratulations on your tremendous weight loss! What a great story!
There certainly is a shortage of threads for "maintainers"... I've looked for them & the ones I joined were very sparse as far as participation.
I've been maintaining now for over a year & love hearing about how you are keeping things in balance. I'm also exactly the same height & wt. as you... although farther along in years.
Anyway, thought I'd say hello & tell you that I'm enjoying your journal.
Thank you & welcome it is so hard to find people who are maintaining & not losing. I find that if I read too many of the weightloss threads it keeps me focusing on the wrong things. I'm trying to stay healthy & get out of the diet mentality. Maintenance is hard work but just as rewarding as the weight loss part I'm finding out !
Old 08-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Slept in till at least 9 am and woke up to only a +.2 bounce to 128.8. Still eating the same about 1250 to 1300 calories, eating healthy though not LC and exercising 30 min every day. I have an average of of 40 to 60 carbs total but after I deduct the dietary fiber it nets under 20 to 45 net carbs. I notice that for me when I don't restrict carbs I feel better about my WOE for some reason. I am not having any sugar or processed stuff. I have fruit every day & usually berries, I have veggies & salads and I really enjoy my lc pita or lavash breads and crispbread. I notice they fill me up and it helps with my bathroom issues. The crispbread really makes a difference in keeping me full. I can't even remember the last time I had seconds. I also don't feel deprived or on a diet when I don't restrict carbs so severely. I have lots of different proteins from liver to fish to ground bison and will rarely go out to eat. Maybe 2 or 3x in a month at max.

I'm also very strict in eating in my 8 hour window of 10 to 6. Usually I"m done eating by 5 pm. I notice this totally eliminated my late night snacking. I usually have a diet soda which I make into an ice slushy or some flavored seltzer water at night when I watch TV with hubby and DS. Or like last night I had a coffee with a teaspoon of unsweetened Ghiradelli cocoa and some heavy whipped cream & super yummy !

Going to enjoy the rest of this Sunday. Lunch will likely be some chicken wings from yesterday and a salad and dinner will be some chorizo and green beans

Last edited by pandora174; 08-25-2013 at 08:42 AM..
Old 08-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

why is it that whenever I hear from someone I know who is going to do a PH or another weight loss I want to as well ? For ex. my co-worker & both lost a ton of weight. I've tried the PH and she is going to try it as well. My first instinct is "me too" Why ? I know I feel good. I've been exercising & I know in the mirror and on the scale though today it says 128.8 I am thin but I always have that desire to want to be lower. It took a huge amount of will power not to rush to the kitchen and pack for a 3 day FF. It's banging around my heard again Normally when it does that I give in so the urge leaves me for a few weeks or months. Last time I did it was in May and I did get down to 121 ! But after a few weeks I went back up to around 126-127. I already have my lunch packed for tomorrow so I'm staying out of the kitchen tonight. I just hate the power the scale still has over me and how I still tend to feel like it's never good enough all I've accomplished. How I have days like today that I know I actually feel happier when I am 123-125. So no more down in the dumps thoughts. I'm going to watch Big Brother & then the VMA's with the family. Tomorrow back to work and routine and focusing on the positive !
Old 08-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, that's how I feel sometimes too maybe its the "challenge" or something. By the way, what is PH ?

I've just started doing the 16/8 hr thing, a very simple tool & easy to do. I was getting "snacky" & that has really helped with that.

Definitely worth it to keep to your maintenance & stay off the roller coaster! Keep up the good work!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yep, that's how I feel sometimes too maybe its the "challenge" or something. By the way, what is PH ?

I've just started doing the 16/8 hr thing, a very simple tool & easy to do. I was getting "snacky" & that has really helped with that.

Definitely worth it to keep to your maintenance & stay off the roller coaster! Keep up the good work!
PH = potato hack. Only potatoes, for several days. No fat, cooked any way but best if eaten cold. There's a few threads in the JUDDD boards. The theory is it helps with sensitivity to carbs & helps with fluctuations. I tried it for 3 days. I did lose 3 lbs but as usual after normal eating went to my regular weight. But it could of been a coincidence but I have been eating sweeter fruits with no ill effects. I love 16/8 for maintenance !! It stops me from late night snacking too which was my worst habit when I was heavy and even when I lost the weight I always wanted a little something late at night.

Last edited by pandora174; 08-25-2013 at 08:45 PM..
Old 08-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yuk! Potatoes! Interesting theory... with no protein you probably end up losing muscle, which undermines everything. I don't care for potatoes... tried a diet that was all veggies once, not for me!

Yes, that 16/8 has gotten me past the snacking, so happy about that! So do you always follow those hours? Or just a few days?
Old 08-26-2013, 05:38 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh yuk! Potatoes! Interesting theory... with no protein you probably end up losing muscle, which undermines everything. I don't care for potatoes... tried a diet that was all veggies once, not for me!

Yes, that 16/8 has gotten me past the snacking, so happy about that! So do you always follow those hours? Or just a few days?
I do it 7 days a week. Sometimes I may change the times to fit my schedule but I've been doing it for about 3 months or so. I find it easier to control my calories that way & like you said the snacking which was my downfall and the hardest part for me. After a few weeks I really was not as hungry as I used to get. If I was hungry say at 8 am I had coffee and it would pass. Then I would eat at 10 am. I find it much easier to identify true hunger now and I am just not as ravenously hungry like I used to get. It's weird but you'll see after you do it for a while. I am rarely truly hungry now.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:48 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Woke up to the Monday blues & a little sore fom exercise and 129.2 so up +.4. I am starting to wonder if I am eating too little. Right now I am averging 1250 to 1300 in calories. Looking back at my food diary I average 1300 and the highest I've gone (one day) was 1700. Every calorie website I put my info tells me I should be eating more but I worry about over eating and gaining weight when I seem to be maintaining well with what I am currently doing.

I've noticed the past month or so without a Correction Day I go as high as 130 to a low of 126.6. So as long as I'm under 130 I will keep doing what I'm doing. Once I see 130 I'll do my Greek yogurt say or a Fat Fast day. I haven't measured as well in a long time but my arms are starting to lose some of that sagginess and my legs are getting some definitiion as well as my stomach.

My ultimate goal is to step up the exercise to a more strenous pace so I really can get toned. But I know that will mean higher numbers on the scale and I'm just not ready for that. Maybe in a few months when I am more comfortable.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:21 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Do you happen to have thyroid issues? I do & just found out that for that I have to eat 200 less calories then otherwise recommended for everyone else. I've found that to be true, but had been trying to get to the 1500 calories for maintenance... so now I'll just relax at 1300 for it.

Your plan is much like mine... bouncing between somewhat the same numbers.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Do you happen to have thyroid issues? I do & just found out that for that I have to eat 200 less calories then otherwise recommended for everyone else. I've found that to be true, but had been trying to get to the 1500 calories for maintenance... so now I'll just relax at 1300 for it.

I had a physical in Dec and the Dr said my numbers were fine. I did notice when I did the 5:2 diet for 3 months I was able to eat about 1600--1700 calories but with 2 down days of 500 calories. Those 2 500 calories were just too hard and not worth it and I would have huge fluctuations which were just too nerve racking for me. I stopped doing that WOE about 3 weeks ago so I think I am still getting used to eating normal again and getting my body back to regular eating.

I have had a few days last week of eating about 1350-1450 calories and I was able to maintain. I don't know why I'm being chicken about upping my calories the last few days. Maybe because my TOM came & I'm sitting a little higher than I'm used to and I am trying for the scale to go back down

Just going to keep at it and try maybe tomorrow to go to 1400 calories & see what happens and then play around with the numbers a bit. Worse comes to worse and I go over the 130 "magic number" I'll just do a Greek yogurt day and start over. Also for me the GY day is not a big shock calroie wise because when I'm done for the day I have between 1250 to 1300 calories since I do a big container of the full fat yogurt, berries and hwc in my coffee.

Last edited by pandora174; 08-26-2013 at 07:48 AM..
Old 08-26-2013, 07:49 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

How long have you been in maintenance ? Are you primarily LC ? I love to hear from people that maintain their weight loss since all we read are posts about losing which is great but I need to get out of the "weightloss mentalilty".
Old 08-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have a journal also... in my signature. Not that I talk that much about food, but it will tell you my story from the start. I got to my goal Oct/2012.
I'm doing the GY CD today, see how that goes... want to get back under my goal again, where I feel the best & jeans fit better
I did a lot of "rotation" dieting, which really helps your metabolism. But since I've been maintaining I quit doing that. Think maybe I should do that again, but (like you) it scares me to go over my calories... I do know it works, so will return to it. Today, with the GY day I will be going over my allotted calories if I eat 4 cups, which is what I decided to do... so if I don't drop, at least I did an "up day".
I'm really enjoying talking with another maintainer!
Old 08-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Pandora, congratulations on your amazing weight loss. You look fabulous. It is so nice to read stories from people who have successfully taken and kept the weight off.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Pandora, congratulations on your amazing weight loss. You look fabulous. It is so nice to read stories from people who have successfully taken and kept the weight off.
Thank you ! and I agree it is wonderful to be in touch with other people maintaining their losses.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:22 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Morning ! Woke up to a -.4 drop back to 128.8. Haven't changed anything. Doing my exercises. Eating my healthy food. No off plan eating and still eating in my 8 hour window. Trying to drink more water which is something I am good at while losing weight but becomes harder in maintenance.

Feel a little sore again today but that's good it means I'm waking up those muscles. So far I'm going to keep the pace I'm at since I think if I pick it up then I may get too sore and stop (like I've done before). So better slow and steady IMO. I just want to not change anything for a good long while so I can get used to this new normal. The last year has brought so many changes and so quickly I think I need to slow down, enjoy and just relax.

I am starting to feel the same sense of accomplishment in Maintenance that I did while actually losing the actual weight. I think this journal and hearing from others maintaining has helped me get there. While I still frequent the weight loss boards I'm doing that more to give supoort or check in but not posting my daily ups & downs. I think every time I did that in my mind I was comparing my results to people that are still losing or trying to stabilize. So yeah my fluctuations are normal for maintenance and constantly putting my daily stat just kept my wheels churning in weight loss mode.

So really trying to focus on being healthy which is eating good foods, exercising, sleeping well, staying positive and being accountable to myself .

Last edited by pandora174; 08-27-2013 at 05:24 AM..
Old 08-27-2013, 06:11 AM   #28
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I have enjoyed reading your journal. I agree, maintaining a weight that you can do easily is KEY! I can't imagine eating only 1400c daily. Maintenance is a trail and error thing from what I hear (I'm not there! ) .

You have done extremely well, you should feel accomplished!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I have enjoyed reading your journal. I agree, maintaining a weight that you can do easily is KEY! I can't imagine eating only 1400c daily. Maintenance is a trail and error thing from what I hear (I'm not there! ) .

You have done extremely well, you should feel accomplished!
Thank you ! It's funny how your appetite shrinks and you get full so fast. For ex. today my menu is the following & I am stuffed & it's only lunch time!! Breakfast was a 2 egg cheese omelet with a 100 cal pack of guacamole, bowl of 0 % GY and some berries 415 calories / L - 1 large serving of my Cream Cheese/Sweet Potato Chicken 306 calories. I still have a snack half a Lavash Bread & 7 pepperoni 120 calories. Dinner will be 6 oz of ground chorizo with a salad (romaine & half a cup of cherry tomatoes) with 1 tbsp of full fat Marie's dressing & dessert 2 Bran crispbread crackers with sugar free apricot preserves and coffee with HWC 549 calories which brings me to 1390 for the day !

Last edited by pandora174; 08-27-2013 at 09:12 AM..
Old 08-28-2013, 05:06 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Down -.2 to 128.6. I was a little worried since I had ground chorizo yesterday & I know it was spicy & had sodium but had a nice surprise. I also upped my calories by 100 so going to stick to around 1350-1400 for the next few days and see how it goes. I'm hoping to build it up to 1400-1500 eventually since I am exercising eveyr day. But one day at a time and just happy to be maintaining without a Correction Day. I buy a full fat GY and hae it in the fridge just in case I hit 130 then out it comes.

A rainy day today. I have been thinking that I take a lot of supplenments but I am worried to stop them. I have eliminated a few that I was using while losing weight like the raspberry ketones and green coffee bean for ex. But I think what I take now (vitamin B, C, D, fish oil, CLA, potassium, acv, calcium, multi vitamin, baby aspirin, fat burner & another one I forget the name) helps me and I feel good so why mess with it.