Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 06:22 AM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/130-134/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
down -.8 to 128.8. Trying to stick to my objective of not giving the scale power over me even when it's good lol ! Just want it to be a reference point for me. No changes this week, just keeping on what I've been doing. Menu is still on the M&E woe but since I am pretty satisified with all the fats will just keep the menu as planned for the week.

Have the Ketosis taste in my mouth which is the only down side but calories are at an all time high so I'll take whatever small downside I have. Energy is pretty good though last night I was hungry before going to bed. Need to keep an eye on that or it could be the time change and my window getting adjusted because of it.

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2013, 05:29 AM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

+1.8 130.6, yesterday had about 1500 calories with 61 % fat & 3 carbs with 27 minutes on the treadmill. So it's either a normal fluctuation or my body really really likes fat. The day before yesterday I was at 71 % fat. We'll see today I have 66 % fat so we'll see.

No other plans to change things for now. I did get some really pretty avocados from my co-worker's mom's tree but they are nowhere near ripe. Hopefully by the weekened they'll be ready to eat.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:03 AM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Looking at my menu for lunch yesterday I had tuna/crab meat salad. It was the Bumblebee canned type and higher in sodium that the days past. So this could explain the water retention. But this is the thing I can't eat so clean that a can of tuna or crab meat makes me stress about eating or retaining some water.

Today I brought for lunch these chicken burgers from Bj's that are yummy and a little higher in sodium and I'm still eating them . But again I can't make every meal from scratch that is just plain exhausting and not realistic.

So I'll make sure I drink all my water and the scale will adjust but I can defnitely see where these normal fluctuations can make a person crazy. I read the posts from my HCG gals who are in P3/P4 and how easy it can be to be up over ldw with no real fault of the person & the stess it causes.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Good observations. I also react quite a bit to salt. But have been told to 'up' my salt... it is hard on the scale, but when in perspective... ok. I think if its a 'normal' variation in your salt intake, eventually it will stop reacting on the scale... Hoping so, as its one of the things I'm working on adding back to my diet after 40 yrs.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:12 AM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Down -.6 130.0 so it's all good. Not sure when I want to add back in more carbs. I suppose I am a little hesistant since my calories are at an all time high for me & I don't want anything to jeopardize that. This week will go back to my avocado and more cheese and then I'll see what next week brings. I sometimes miss those days when what I ate was not in my everyday thoughts but that's why I got to 248 lbs ! But it's just exhausting sometimes and I see why this past weekend it was so easy for me to just eat nuts/bacon/cheese. While I enjoyed the foods I thnk I enjoyed the lack of preparation & less thinking involved more.

Can't believe the holidays are already almost here. In 3 weeks it's Thanksgiving and then my son's birthday 12/13 & then Christmas. Happy to say I am already well into my Christmas shopping and looking forward to the weather finally getting cooler which here is South Florida is rare !

Last edited by pandora174; 11-07-2013 at 05:14 AM..
Old 11-07-2013, 05:56 AM   #246
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
You're doing well!! It's nice for your body to keep those calories high for a while, ESP after being so low for so long. You can look at it as a refueling stage, if nothing else. Nourish, replenish, recharge and in keeping the weir stable you're creating a strong set point too! It's great! I get the mental fatigue of it. I too grow weary of constantly thinking about what I'm eating, what I weigh, etc. I would love to just eat intuitively and not worry about it, but that's not going to be a successful approach for me. I've been in the 145-155 range for over a year now, and it will take constant vigilance to stay here. Even with 4 hard workouts a week I am still needing to be careful. maybe in another year I will be able to not worry as much, but I could still manage to lose another 10-15 lbs easily. Sigh. Enjoy your success. Shop, dress up and enjoy!! And I hope it cools off for you. It's been so nice here since Oct- 70's up to 80 most days now, which I love!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:39 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
The need for constant vigilance is tiresome for me too but I do find it absolutely necessary. I gained about ten lbs. over the course of two years simply by no longer weighing and by allowing my diet to change in minor ways that somehow I failed to notice over time. I'd gradually started eating a lot more fruit and nuts, peanut butter and especially legumes plus cheese. It isn't as though I ever ate anything unhealthy in the conventional sense. I never ate any rice or potatoes or bread or desserts or sweets at all, not even a bite. I just gradually had increased the amount of healthy carbs. I may have increased protein consumption a little too and voila, suddenly I noticed the extra lbs. I think I'll have to pay close attention for the rest of my life to both the scales and what I put in my mouth.

Last edited by LolaGetz; 11-08-2013 at 12:54 AM..
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:09 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

It's Friday & +1.2 131.2 which is exactly what I weighed in last Friday. Came in at about 1700 calories with 73 % fat, 2 carbs. The high calorie count was from the meatloaf but I didn't exercise yesterday. Feeling very tired so today going to change up the menu somehwat. Adding a little more carbs in that I'm having guacamole with breakfast, lettuce and a little cheese with my lunch and dinner is cream cheese chicken. Brings me to about 1500 calories and 67 % fat, 11 net carbs.

No plans on changing anything though I think for variety I may rotate more healthy carbs in since I am noticing I am getting a little constipated. I may just add in my GG crispbread cracker with flax that's 25 calories and 3.5 carbs and kept me regular before. If I have issues still today will have a cracker.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:17 AM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGetz View Post
The need for constant vigilance is tiresome for me too but I do find it absolutely necessary. I gained about ten lbs. over the course of two years simply by no longer weighing and by allowing my diet to change in minor ways that somehow I failed to notice over time. I'd gradually started eating a lot more fruit and nuts, peanut butter and especially legumes plus cheese. It isn't as though I ever ate anything unhealthy in the conventional sense. I never ate any rice or potatoes or bread or desserts or sweets at all, not even a bite. I just gradually had increased the amount of healthy carbs. I may have increased protein consumption a little too and voila, suddenly I noticed the extra lbs. I think I'll have to pay close attention for the rest of my life to both the scales and what I put in my mouth.
I sadly agree. I am used to it and it has become routine but just sometimes it's so tiring. I fluctuate when I eat "nornal" and on plan I can't even imagine if I wasn't constantly vigilant. I guess it's the price we pay to maintain.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
It's Friday & +1.2 131.2 which is exactly what I weighed in last Friday. Came in at about 1700 calories with 73 % fat, 2 carbs. The high calorie count was from the meatloaf but I didn't exercise yesterday. Feeling very tired so today going to change up the menu somewhat. Adding a little more carbs in that I'm having guacamole with breakfast, lettuce and a little cheese with my lunch and dinner is cream cheese chicken. Brings me to about 1500 calories and 67 % fat, 11 net carbs.

No plans on changing anything though I think for variety I may rotate more healthy carbs in since I am noticing I am getting a little constipated. I may just add in my GG crispbread cracker with flax that's 25 calories and 3.5 carbs and kept me regular before. If I have issues still today will have a cracker.
Yeah, the regularity thing is a real challenge for some of us. Masks the wt. loss, adds to the waistline & makes you tired for sure. With the primal, they told me to add more fat & avoid fiber (backwards or what)! So that's what I'm doing... still waiting to see if it turns things around in that area...
Old 11-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Down -1.2 to 130. Ended up with about 1560 calories, 67 %, net 13 carbs and I did my treadmill. But nothing in the bathroom area so I had to do all my remedies...and I mean all of them to finally this morning when I woke up I finally went

DebbyL, today going to add more fat & see what happens or if it helps. It's not even the scale which the constipation messes with, it's the bloating, tired feeling that just sucks !!!

This is the 4th week of M&E so I think I am going to add some variety to see if that helps with the constipation. The first 3 weeks were no problem but starting last week it just stopped. May do some days like yesterday with some carbs and then cycle with no carb days. Add back in my flax muffins or crackers or more fat but I have to figure something out. I think I have the calories down but now I need to take care of this...

When I was doing higher carbs (GY, flax muffins, veggies, berries) I had no constipation issues Wonder if I can just mix some days where I eat these things and then cycle with no carb days so I can keep the calories between 1500-1700....

Gotta think about this but this constipation is a definite game changer.

Last edited by pandora174; 11-09-2013 at 07:17 AM..
Old 11-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep...
With the primal & on Dr Oz... Sweet potato was suggested... I just looked it up & I think it is do-able... quite heavy on the carbs, but to have half a cup every other day or two just might do the trick... I'll try that & let you know... otherwise, I think the CO & staying away from the fibre actually is working for me. Will see after a few more days without that tea. My concern with the carbs is the 'hunger' that usually comes later.
Have a great Saturday!
Old 11-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Got my son's psych. educational eval. What I thought I would see. ADHD but with the medication he doesn't "test ADHD" which is good and makes me know that medication is the route for him which is what the psychologist said. Some minor math and reading disability in that is working memory is below average so that affects him academically. On the positive side he is a very fast processor and very agreeable and eager to please and has a very high self opinion lol His IQ is average. But he is immature (sigh) and compartmentalizes his world so he can deal with it...some fine motor skill issues we were not aware of and some social issues and how he deals with frustration all back to the ADHD...His verbal skills are average to above average. Academically he is average and tests about a year behind which I already knew from school so overall no real surprises. It's just never the easiest for a mom to sit there and see those charts and graphs and numbers about your little boy....

We went to Cracker Barrel and I had their Country Chef salad minus the croutons and didn't really touch the tomatoes (just not craving) with blue cheese dressing..very yummy ! Couldn't shop (I love - love) their store since we forgot to give him his meds this morning and we just ate & ran lol

I think in regards to eating I'm going to just relax in that I won't be strict M&E or strict LC. Sticking to my calorie goal, exercise, no sugar, no bad carbs and still lc, that I will be my usual obsessive self. But if I am craving an apple or some GY or only protein or very high fat then I'll do that. Keep an eye on the scale and adjust as needed.

Last edited by pandora174; 11-09-2013 at 12:14 PM..
Old 11-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I know the feeling. My DD has dyslexia. It was a tough time, coming to terms with 'different goals' for her life accomplishments. God is good & gave us all grace to accept & do the best with her talents.
Today, she's almost 40, a very happy mom, active in church & online. She's overcome so much... amazingly pushes forward to write letters (even with the crazy spellings). I'm so thankful that we don't all have to fit into a box. My DD has so many artistic talents and is a real blessing to all that know her. It sounds like your boy is doing great!!

Your plan is very similar to mine... I'm going to stick with Primal, just because its best for my health. But will also lean toward LC.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #255
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds like a good plan. it's good to have that information about your son. I wish we'd had more with which to work when dd(10) was in school. She was a straight A student so they said they couldn't do anything to accommodate her? sigh. Glad he's doing well and sounds like he's in a great school!!

I too love Cracker Barrel store!!! We've done the run home for meds things w/ dd before, so I "get" that!! Makes such a huge difference!! Enjoy your weekend (just had a delicious honey crisp apple!).
Old 11-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

+1.2 to 131.2 which was Friday's weight. Hard to figure out carbs yesterday since the salad I had at Cracker Barrel has no croutons and I didn't eat the tomatoes so what I found in my app is off. But I did have some full fat gy for dinner with mac nuts and it was soo yummy. Not stressing the scale since this is normal for me and maintenance it seems.

Today had to get my hair cut and buy a dress for next Sat. A co-worker is having a small wedding celebration at his home. So it's nice to be girly and shot. Hit my local Marshall's and scored a Michael Kors dress for $39.99 in a size "small" ! Also splurged and bought some heals and another dress for my niece's upcoming baby shower.

Today had bacon and coffee with hwc for breakfast. Lunch was rotisserie turkey with blue cheese dressing and dinner will be a filet and some brie. Went to BJ's and stocked up on my meats but need to keep an eye on the constipation

Last edited by pandora174; 11-10-2013 at 11:39 AM..
Old 11-11-2013, 05:56 AM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

down -.6 to 130.6 so I'm seeing the same numbers again and not an upward trend which is great for my calorie level. Just keeping on doing what I'm doing. Right now I'm tending to crave lots of protein & fats but if I do want to have say an apple or a flax cracker then I'll have it. Just not going to be so strict with myself that it gets silly but as long as the food is on plan then it's fine.

Back to my exercise routine and I think that it helps tremendously to maintain but also just for plain old good health. Something that I will keep in permanently for the long run. I think I found out that I want for Christmas and when I told hubby he didn't even blink : a boxing bag and gloves for my exercise room. Seems to be a a great workout , stress reliever and fun.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:41 AM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Down -1.4 to 129.2. Ended up with about 1500 calories, 62 % fat and 7 carbs but had too many things to do at home to exercise. Trying not to get too OCD about the exercise thing. If it interferes with some family obligation then will not stress over skipping it. My goal is to get to 4 to 5x a week. So far averaging 5 to 6 days a week. So for this week yesterday and Sat will be my skip days and that brings me to 5x this week. I was getting very fixated on exercising every day and if I skipped a day feeling bad about it. I need to relax and not over think things which I tend to do a lot !!

No changes on the menu today. Made some yummy chicken livers last night and had filet for lunch at was on special at the bistro here in my office. Today's menu is Breakfast : eggs/ham, Lunch : chicken and cream cheese casserole with egg salad, Snack - brie cheese, Dinner : more chicken livers and hb eggs with full fat dressing. I have some ground organic buffalo that I'm making for the next 2 days Browned in bacon grease with some cilantro and garlic absolutely yummy !
Old 11-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #259
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds good! I too am balancing the exercise thing out a bit more. It's finally a habit now, and if I miss a day it's ok. I don't need to be so intense about it. I get about 4 days a week in now, pretty intense, and that's good. I can see a change and it's encouraging me to keep with it. Our trainer said "give it a year" to see any changes, which at first made me nuts, but now that I'm 5 months into it I can accept.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #260
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi,
Just watched Dr Oz... today they suggested adding cumin to your food to help with irregularity. Thought I'd pass that on. Going to try it tonight.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:06 AM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi,
Just watched Dr Oz... today they suggested adding cumin to your food to help with irregularity. Thought I'd pass that on. Going to try it tonight.
Thanks I'll try it !
Old 11-13-2013, 05:12 AM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

STS 129.2 with 1600 calories, 64 % fat, 7 carbs. No change in my menu but I have been taking a nightly tea which seems to be working on keeping me regular. Though I do prefer when I had the flax muffin or fruit since it seemed more natural and with the tea it's just not the same..

Need to get my butt in gear in the exercise department since the last 2 days I've just been really tired. By the time 6:30 or 7 pm comes around I just want to relax a little & haven't exercised since Sunday. I am non stop from about 6 am until then and in bed by 10 pm ...But today no excuses, getting back on the treadmill even if for 20 minutes.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 11-14-2013, 05:25 AM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

Up +.4 to 129.6 but have been pretty stable the last few days on 1500 calories and very low carb. No plans on changing things up though I am waiting for my avocados to get ripe enough to eat & it is taking forever

No exercise yesterday I actually fell asleep on the couch and when I woke up I had to get my lunch for today ready and my son's school lunch and do a load of wash. I barely had time to watch my soap opera at 9 pm and then bed time. But at least I feel rested today lol

So today will make sure I get on that darn thing. Now I definitely feel guitly lol
Old 11-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Lunch time here at the office and I've been mulling around a few days why we eat or not eat as we do. I have a friend who also lost a large amount of weight was and she confessing she just had a butter roll. Her take on maintenance is so different than mine. She likes to indulge on the weekends in that she will drink and eat whatever she wants (sweets, carbs, starches etc). Then during the week she exercises and restricts calories and eats very low carb.

That just would not work for me But I see so many people that do this and they are miserable like I see her. I keep my opinions to myself unless asked. But she was just complaining how hungry she is all the time. Well sure once you get your body used the junk it's like an addiction and hunger comes back like a monster. I also see in her clothing that she has gained back at least a good 10 lbs she swears she hasn't but it's there.

I'm not trying to be superior or come across as knowing more because I do not. I also know people think I am no fun or a stick in the mud when it comes to eating. I know I can be very strict but I just think I have worked so hard I just refuse to let myself slip. It's so easy to just take a bite here or there or a cheat meal which can lead to a cheat day and then ?? But I just see that sugar & bad carbs are like poison to me and I just don't want to open that door. I really enjoy my foods and sure the cookies, brownies and breads look so delicious but to me I just see the "next day on the scale" and that just takes whatever satisfaction I could get from eating it.

Saturday a co-owrker is having a party at his home. It's at 7 pm which is after my eating window and I planned on having a few diet drinks and maybe a shrimp or cheese cube to be social (but that's the extent of it). But I will not be eating the cakes, fried breaded whatever he's having etc. I am there for the company and to celebrate his new home...not for the food. I'm sure I'll get some grief but oh well..it is what it is and I am not changing for anyone else's benefit. It seems very empowering to me to really feel and think this way..

Talking to my friend who feels the constant pressure to eat when around others she was amazed that I truly truly do not care what others think of me when it comes to of all things how I choose to eat or not eat. I guess too many years of people pleasing and ignoring myself has taken care of that. I'm not saying I won't have a bite of say pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving if I really really want it because I'm not that restrictive but chances are I probably won't and that ok as well...just my 2 cents

OK monologue over

Last edited by pandora174; 11-14-2013 at 09:13 AM..
Old 11-15-2013, 03:23 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
This is such a good post, pandora. My feelings on the issue exactly mirror yours. I was particularly interested in your description of the struggles with hunger endured by your colleague who 'cheats' on weekends. Maybe I'm just an 'all or nothing' sort of person with regard to diet. I do know that for me, one TBS of peanut butter today will lead to two tomorrow and one piece of candy today will soon lead to eating half the bag in a day. I used to think such over-indulgence was due to a lack of self discipline but I've come to understand that it is actually a physiological thing and physiology seems to explain your coworker's current dilemma.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:37 AM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

Up + .4 130.0 but got my exercise in yesterday !!! So back on the wagon per se in the exercise routine. I did notice since I had chicken livers last night and those are less calories I was supposed to eat another snack but when I remembered it was too late. So calories were around 1400 with 62 % fat and 8 carbs. I know my fat percentage is higher because I usually cook with bacon grease but I just don't put it my food app for fear I'll see the calories and eat less My goal is to keep my calories as high as possible to keep my metabolism chugging along.

Trying a new thing in the morning in that instead of coffee I have this detox tea that I bought online. Has geen tea, yerba mate, dandelion leaf, ginseng leaf, lemon grass, nettle leaf, goji berries powdered abd acai powder. Tasted really good but I still had my cup of coffee afterwards I keep hearing about all the health benefits of tea so giving it a try.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:46 AM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGetz View Post
This is such a good post, pandora. My feelings on the issue exactly mirror yours. I was particularly interested in your description of the struggles with hunger endured by your colleague who 'cheats' on weekends. Maybe I'm just an 'all or nothing' sort of person with regard to diet. I do know that for me, one TBS of peanut butter today will lead to two tomorrow and one piece of candy today will soon lead to eating half the bag in a day. I used to think such over-indulgence was due to a lack of self discipline but I've come to understand that it is actually a physiological thing and physiology seems to explain your coworker's current dilemma.
I was really thinking hard on this because people inadvertedly make me feel bad sometimes. But I notice if I'm honest and firm those are your friends understand. Case in point, tomorrow's party. My co-worker told me his menu all pasta LOL and asked with a smirk " do I have to get you something special to eat because I know you won't thouch that stuff though it might put some meat on your bones ?" It's not a dinner just a social gathering. I told him I'm going to his party for his company and to celebrate his new home not for the food. As long as there is Diet soda I am fine. This shut him up quick

And yes I have done that : one bite here or there; it's vacation just eat what you want and take care of it later ; it's only one day what's the harm ? This all led to weight gain and feeling sick and miserable and on 2 occasions having to do HCG rounds to get the weight off !! Never again. Happy to say in March it will be one full year of no binges or crazy eating.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #269
Big Yapper!!!!

You are very strong and prepared! Good for you!! You've done so well and this tight control you keep is a big part of your success!! WTG!! Enjoy your party!!

I'm still working on how to maintain for the long term. It's been over a year in this general weight range for me, but not without "correction" or "vanity" rounds too. I'm hoping to rev up my metabolic rate enough that I won't need to constantly be on guard. Too soon, but a worthwhile pursuit!

Enjoy your party!
Old 11-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

down -1.2 to 128.8. Yesterday I was not in the mood to exercise but I told myself just do what you can & I did 20 min. I notice if I set out with a mentality that I have to do 30 minutes then it's easier to not do it but if I go in with just do what you can then I have no excuse and it seems easier. The goal is to just move so if it's 20 min or 45 it's all good

Diet is essentially still very low carb though I have kept in 2 oz of Brie cheese daily and 2 tablespoons of salsa. The rest is basically M&E. What I have noticed is other than tom my hunger is basically gone which hasn't been an issue since I started eating in an 8 hour window but I noticed it's now non existent.

For example yesterday left work after a meeting to get my nails done. So as I was driving home I started feeling a little off or dizzy and then I realized I skipped my 2 pm snack and it was about an hour later than my usual dinner time. But I never felt hungry and when I got home I did not over eat. I made a coffee with hwc & immediately the dizziness subsided and just heated my ground chicken(7 oz) with sour cream and salsa with 2 hb eggs with full fat dressing. A huge dinner in my standards ! So no plans to change things up.