Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Wow! He bough you a really good one! Love that it has the handles like an elliptical too, that will be very good also.
Wonderful that you did so long on the first try too. Do you have it set up where you can watch TV too? It really helps to watch TV while doing it, keeps your mind off of each step. I can only go about 10 minutes without a TV.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/130-134/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Wow! He bough you a really good one! Love that it has the handles like an elliptical too, that will be very good also.
Wonderful that you did so long on the first try too. Do you have it set up where you can watch TV too? It really helps to watch TV while doing it, keeps your mind off of each step. I can only go about 10 minutes without a TV.
It has an attachment so I connected my Iphone and I could listen to Pandora radio and that helped. But wow I did not expect to sweat so much ! It definitely is a great work out and the handles are great for a full body workout. Can't wait to try it again tomorrow
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:08 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

STS 130.8, didn't expect my usual weekend drop since had to wake up early today as well + the new exercise. But it's all good little by little not feeling as emotionally attached to the scale.I know it's 100 % because of the exercise. I am seeing the changes & the endorphins do wonders for my mood so it's not such a big deal the number on the scale anymore.

Heading out now to pick up hubby's new toy, he sold his old 1995 Corvette for a "new to him" 2001 Corvette. Keeps him happy and busy so it's all good. Have a great Sunday !!

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html
Old 10-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #154
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Nice treadmill! I'm glad you're enjoying getting to know it. What's Pandora radio and does it have anything to do with your LCF name? Glad your hubby has a new toy, too.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:42 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Nice treadmill! I'm glad you're enjoying getting to know it. What's Pandora radio and does it have anything to do with your LCF name? Glad your hubby has a new toy, too.
Pandora is my first cat's name that passed away a few years back so I tend to stick with that. Pandora radio is a free internet radio station that I get through my Iphone and I listen to at work and when I exercise.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:53 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Woke up and up +.8 to 131.6 which is the highest I've been in 2 months but by less than a pound. I do think it's the new exercising since before I would lightly sweat & now 15-20 min and I am drenched. So while it's near the 132 top limit before I do a CD I haven't decided yet what I will do.

Today just keeping my menu and exercise as planned. No changes which is my rule. Tomorrow I'll decide what to do which is a good day for me since I have a home and school meeting tomorrow night. I won't have time to exercise and dinner has to be someting fast & ready made, since i have work and then homework with my son the moment I walk through the door. So if I am planning GY day tomorrow would be the perfect day for it, schedule wise. Let's see how I feel in the morning and will take it from there.

Not stressed really about the scale but sometimes I just like doing the GY since I feel like it cleans out my system & my digestion. It's weird to explain but after a GY I just feel better, cleaner in a way. Almost like a reset in eating.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:49 AM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you. Breath in - breath out! It totally has to be the new exercise. Sounds like you're really giving it!
Old 10-08-2013, 05:51 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

STS 131.6. I debated what to do this morning but in all honesty laziness won out. I already had packed my lunch and breakfast for a GY day and not prepared anything for dinner today. So GY with lots of berries and lots of coffee with hwc it is ! The alternative was eating out for breakfast/lunch & I could of thrown together a tuna salad for dinner. But I'm not a fan of eating out so decided to just go with my original plan for today.

We'll see. Busy day with home and school meeting so since I'll be getting home super late no time to exercise today. Tomorrow back on plan !
Old 10-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds yummy! I didn't mind a GY day. Kind of feels like it gives your system a refreshing break, probably does. "Easy" is what I like too... especially when you're rushing off to work. And a 'rest' day from exercise is always advised (once a week)... but I don't do that, have to keep it up or it makes me lose momentum.

Glad your wt. stabilized. Think it is going to adjust to the exercise soon. Its a calming comfort to me, having come along this journey with you. Today my wt. did an upswing, its in the zone & easier to take.
Have a good day!
Old 10-09-2013, 05:31 AM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Morning ! down -1.0 to 130.6 and glad to be back to my normal eating/exercising routine. I did notice yesterday when I was feeling a little "off" that it's my ovulation time so that could also explain why the fluctuations. Regardless the GY did help me feel less bloated. I've also noticed every once in a while I will keep doing the GY. Maybe once a month as a sort of cleanse. It's very helpful in sort of a re-set of my eating habits. I notice after a GY I am more careful in my eating and my hunger is reigned in significantly. Almost like the results of when I have done a fast but not as restrictive or such a hardship. It's a little hard to explain unless you've done one but I do find it very beneficial and not just scale wise.

Last edited by pandora174; 10-09-2013 at 05:33 AM..
Old 10-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's real good, glad you feel 'cleansed.' The way you do it, with berries is really good too. Do you use the full-fat GY? I have such a hard time finding 'the real thing' they keep supplying the flavored & lower fat brands. I keep thinking a GY day would be nice, just because I enjoy it so much Probably more so now, cause I had to cut it out of my diet for a few days... I'm eating it again & found it doesn't hurt me. It was the cream.
So, hit the track again & go for it! Have a great day!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:31 AM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That's real good, glad you feel 'cleansed.' The way you do it, with berries is really good too. Do you use the full-fat GY? I have such a hard time finding 'the real thing' they keep supplying the flavored & lower fat brands. I keep thinking a GY day would be nice, just because I enjoy it so much Probably more so now, cause I had to cut it out of my diet for a few days... I'm eating it again & found it doesn't hurt me. It was the cream.
So, hit the track again & go for it! Have a great day!
This time I did the Cabot's 2 % which was OK since it's what I had on hand. The closest I find to full fat at my local Publix is the Cabot brand 10 % in the blue container and that is so rich and creamy, a very big difference in taste as well ! Next time I do a GY I am getting the 10 %. I agree it's very ahrd to find. Everyone carries the 0 % or the versions with fruits but not full fat.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #163
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
Morning ! down -1.0 to 130.6 and glad to be back to my normal eating/exercising routine. I did notice yesterday when I was feeling a little "off" that it's my ovulation time so that could also explain why the fluctuations. Regardless the GY did help me feel less bloated. I've also noticed every once in a while I will keep doing the GY. Maybe once a month as a sort of cleanse. It's very helpful in sort of a re-set of my eating habits. I notice after a GY I am more careful in my eating and my hunger is reigned in significantly. Almost like the results of when I have done a fast but not as restrictive or such a hardship. It's a little hard to explain unless you've done one but I do find it very beneficial and not just scale wise.
I'm sure the change in exercise is affecting the scale. It's frustrating, but you're doing a great job!! I also plan to throw a GY day in for life... I like them. I like that I feel cleaned out and reset afterwards . They're not really a hardship, but I like the simplicity. KUTGW!!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:51 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

+.6 131.2. Yesterday I was just so tired had no energy to exercise. So gave it a day off and I also hardly ate enough which is never good. Just a blah kind of day. Today back to my normal routine and will do 15 min on the treadmill and see how I feel. I think I went too hard too fast on such a new type of exercise and I don't want to over do it. I think I'll stick to the 15 min performance program for a week and then up it to 20 min and every week add 5 min as long as I'm comfortable with it.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:12 AM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds good. Wonder if the GY day had anything to do with that? I think I feel a bit weak after one...
Hope you have a great day today!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sounds good. Wonder if the GY day had anything to do with that? I think I feel a bit weak after one...
Hope you have a great day today!
I wondered about that too. I also know that I felt better when I did the full fat one vs the 2 % or 0%. I also had better losses. Next time for sure I will only do the 10 % the calorie count is way higher as well. Today I am adding avocado for dinner to my ground chicken with some kale and having pork for lunch. I feel like I need some fat.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:28 AM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Up +.8 to 132.0 but not changing anything. I do wonder if the GY sometimes hurts more than helps. Regardless, did 15 min of the performance workout on my treadmill and will stick to that for a week before upping the time. But I am feeling a little hormonal that usual which coincides with ovulation at least according to my phone app lol I am breaking out, breasts are sensitive and I have light cramping. Anyway let's see what the weekend brings after extra sleep.

Looking at my food app I do know I haven't been particularly hungry and my calories have reflected that as they have been on the low side. Mon. 1,234 / Tues. GY 868/ Wed. 1,079/ Thurs. 1,150. So realistically I know there is no way you can gain actual fat on an average of 1000 calories but I can put myself in starvation mode. So bottom line I need to eat more

I also called for my mammogram results and I need to have an ultrasound since it appears I have dense breasts. Always seems there is something to worry about. Called and scheduled the first appoitment which is next Tues at 8 am.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:58 AM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, gotta watch those calories dropping... I do too. Its counter-productive to building up the metabolism.
Your hormone situation especially soreness explains the wt. whenever we feel sore or puffy we're holding water in that area. You're doing just fine! Glad you were able to get your 15 minutes in.
I did mine yesterday, but it was like pulling teeth. I just felt lethargic. I did push through it, but that's so hard. I believe it will be better today.
Bummer about having to get the ultra-sound.
Have a great Friday!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #169
Big Yapper!!!!

I agree, eat more. The higher fats usually will accomplish that goal w/o making you gain. Hope all goes well w/ the ultrasound.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:38 AM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Down -.6 to 131.4. I did have about 1380 in calories yesterday & slept in so it could be one or the other. This weekend going to cut out the fruits and lc breads etc and just focus on lots of good fats and protein and try to up my calories. Basically I planned on no carbs and when I looked at my menu it was a meat and egg fast.

I've been breaking out like crazy so I think it's time to do a short detox this weekend. Monday or Tuesday depending on how it goes will slowly add back in the fruits and veggies over the course of a week. Today had eggs with butter and bacon with coffee and hwc. Lunch will be 2 chicken breasts in cilantro with an egg & mayo salad. Dinner 2 Mahi filets with another egg salad. Snack some turkey pepperoni and more coffee with hwc. Tomorrow will just add in more fattier protein like steaks and sausage for lunch and dinner. Hope I don't miss my fruit too much. But every once in a while it's good to change things around.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope your day went well. Tweaking for a few days will be interesting for you. By the way, how many grams of protein do you normally eat? I was looking at mine today & it seems low.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hope your day went well. Tweaking for a few days will be interesting for you. By the way, how many grams of protein do you normally eat? I was looking at mine today & it seems low.
Normally I eat under 100 sometimes as low as 50 but usually around 90. But I did notice that my fat % was fairly low last week since the more veggies & fruits I add the lower my fat goes.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Morning ! Down -1.4 to 130 today So I am definitely in my comfortable zone. Most surprising with 1550 in calories but zero carbs. Now I have had these drops particularly over the weekends with the extra sleep and not because of the zero carbs before. Something I need to think about. Do I keep eating this way ? I don't mean zero carbs but keep them at Atkins Induction levels for a while ? I do like the extra calories. I also noticed I was able to do my treadmill and stay on it longer so something to consider as well.

What I don't like is when I feel like I can't have say that apple because I had strawberries earlier today or forget about that cantaloupe or pear because they have too many carbs. Then I start feeling deprived or I get obsessive about it. So I have one more day of no carbs which is what I had planned orginally and then Tues will start adding back carbs little by little. Will start with berries for breakfast and then add a veggie with dinner. Don't want to go from zero carbs to full throttle either.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Interesting... the same issue I was having. I'm going for upping my protein & fat, lowering carbs. But if I can get rid of the creamer that's going to be huge! to replace those calories & carbs with protein/fat will probably be just what I need.
Have a great week-end!
Old 10-14-2013, 05:29 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

-.4 to 129.6 and I am never down on Monday morning when I go back to work and sleep 3 hours less. Particularly that I pushed the calorie envelope and had over 1600 yesterday. Well I guess this makes me a believer. Doing one more day of M&E but have no cravings for fruits & veggies. So if I feel fine tomorrow will just keep doing what I'm doing and maybe add a little cheese.

We'll see but will take it one day at a time and how I feel. Keeping the menus high in calories with emphaisis on protein/fat and as close to no carbs as possible. When I get sick of eating this way will add back veggies and berries gradually. What's making it harder right now is I have all this fruit in my fridge that I hate for it to go to waste : apples/berries/cantaloupe in my fridge which I might just give to my mother-in-law.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #176
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
-.4 to 129.6 and I am never down on Monday morning when I go back to work and sleep 3 hours less. Particularly that I pushed the calorie envelope and had over 1600 yesterday. Well I guess this makes me a believer. Doing one more day of M&E but have no cravings for fruits & veggies. So if I feel fine tomorrow will just keep doing what I'm doing and maybe add a little cheese.

We'll see but will take it one day at a time and how I feel. Keeping the menus high in calories with emphaisis on protein/fat and as close to no carbs as possible. When I get sick of eating this way will add back veggies and berries gradually. What's making it harder right now is I have all this fruit in my fridge that I hate for it to go to waste : apples/berries/cantaloupe in my fridge which I might just give to my mother-in-law.
Glad it's going so well!! How do you feel on M&E? I got lightheaded and nauseous last time I tried it . It does curb your appetite and cravings nicely though! And you can't argue w. that scale!
You can freeze the melon (once balled up) and berries. The apples would make a nice dessert for dh and ds . That's what I've been doing. I'm trying to use up the apples here at my house (trying to do my round w.o. fruit) . I've been cutting them up for the fam all week .
Old 10-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Glad it's going so well!! How do you feel on M&E? I got lightheaded and nauseous last time I tried it . It does curb your appetite and cravings nicely though! And you can't argue w. that scale!
You can freeze the melon (once balled up) and berries. The apples would make a nice dessert for dh and ds . That's what I've been doing. I'm trying to use up the apples here at my house (trying to do my round w.o. fruit) . I've been cutting them up for the fam all week .
I feel fine actually really good. Energy is way up ! Last week I could barely get in 15-20 min on my treadmill. Today I did 30 min !! Also my appetite is fine that wasn't an issue before for me. Actually the opposite when I definitely was not eating enough before. What has surprised me is that I have no cravings for fruits & veggies. I am enjoying the extra fat.

What I did is make the eggs really appetizing. I add butter in the morning for my omelet and lunch & dinner I add mayo & mustard for egg salad. Then I have whatever protein I crave and coffee with hwc.

Other than the scale which is nice I feel less bloated. I think I just will extend the M&E and probably add a little cheese until I get bored.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you. Sounds interesting, but constipating! I guess if you don't have that problem it would be great!
Congrats on 30 minutes treadmill! Whoo Hoo!!
Old 10-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good for you. Sounds interesting, but constipating! I guess if you don't have that problem it would be great!
Congrats on 30 minutes treadmill! Whoo Hoo!!
I think the fat helps in that area. I also take a calcium supplement with magnesium which seems to help. If things stop working then I have a tea that works. Once I add back some carbs this weekend I'll make some flax muffins to make sure things keep moving !
Old 10-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I think the fat helps in that area. I also take a calcium supplement with magnesium which seems to help. If things stop working then I have a tea that works. Once I add back some carbs this weekend I'll make some flax muffins to make sure things keep moving !
Good for you! Must be nice to have a system that co-operates.