Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #121
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
BTW, what do you allow yourself to sip on after 6 pm. Is it only water or do you enjoy herbal teas or something of that nature?
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2013, 12:00 PM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/128-130/128
WOE: hHCG, Currently Maintenance 5:2
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
BTW, what do you allow yourself to sip on after 6 pm. Is it only water or do you enjoy herbal teas or something of that nature?
I have water, diet soda, tea or coffee with hwc. I am one that will allow coffee with hwc during fasting hours since I just have a splash. I try to be creative like I bought a slushy cup thingy at BJ's and I'll put a Coke Zero or Diet Sunkist etc in it & around my TV time of 8 pm I have a slushy.

Also I am a supplement freak. They seem to work for me so I take Vitamin C, D, B ,amino chews, fish oil, calcium, multi vitamin, potassium, apple cider vinegar, milk thistle & have been experimenting with Dandelion & Burdock root since I break out alot. I also take Resveratrol. I am also a big advocate of daily hot detox baths that help me sleep and lessens inflammation from exercise.

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:02 PM   #123
Big Yapper!

Wow! What are the detox baths? I might like to do those. What does the Resveratrol do for you? Is that something that goes along with the hhcg? It sounds familiar.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:07 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Wow! What are the detox baths? I might like to do those. What does the Resveratrol do for you? Is that something that goes along with the hhcg? It sounds familiar.
Detox bath are just epsom salt/baking soda. I buy Dr. Teal's Epsom salts with lavender or chamomile. I also will use their foaming bath. I started nightly hot baths before bed when I was dieting as it was a way to treat myself & it has stuck with me ever since. It's supposed to be good for inflammation and I am rarely sore after working out. The resveratrol I found when I was doing the 5:2 diet & some people that do JUDDD take it. Su[posed to give you the health benefits of drinking red wine wiothout actually having to drink red wine.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:15 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

+.8 129.4. Had a bad night last night. Kept waking up and my anxiety was keeping me up. The old days I would of taken a Xanax and gone back to sleep and even though I still have a prescription I refuse to take it. So my little girl (my Maine Coon Daisy Mae ) must of sensed it and kept coming up and purring and cuddling up to me. Tonight may take a Melatonin to make sure I stay asleep. Oh well too much stress at work usually is the culprit.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:34 AM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
So sorry! I actually had a very similar night... but I got up & took a melatonin Hope your day goes well!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #127
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry you had a bad night. I admire you for not going back to the old remedies. Once you do that, it's so easy to do it again and then before you know it, you have another thing to give up.

Funny you said Epsom salt baths because last night I decided to take me a hot bath with regular Epsom salt, which I rarely ever do. It was so relaxing and I felt it was better than a shower because my pores got to open up and then I scrubbed myself down after soaking. I feel so clean and I do feel better joint-wise so far today. I will buy more Epsom salt when I get to the store. (In addition to the salt, I put some of my old Opium bath gel in the water for a little aromatherapy and some sudsing action.)

I know I'm asking a lot of questions but what is the 5:2 diet? Five hours of fasting and a 2-hour window to eat?
Old 10-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm sorry you had a bad night. I admire you for not going back to the old remedies. Once you do that, it's so easy to do it again and then before you know it, you have another thing to give up.

Funny you said Epsom salt baths because last night I decided to take me a hot bath with regular Epsom salt, which I rarely ever do. It was so relaxing and I felt it was better than a shower because my pores got to open up and then I scrubbed myself down after soaking. I feel so clean and I do feel better joint-wise so far today. I will buy more Epsom salt when I get to the store. (In addition to the salt, I put some of my old Opium bath gel in the water for a little aromatherapy and some sudsing action.)

I know I'm asking a lot of questions but what is the 5:2 diet? Five hours of fasting and a 2-hour window to eat?
5:2 is a type of Intermittent fasting. You eat "normal" for 5 days and for 2 days you do 500 calories. You pick the days and the schedule that fits your week best. I tried it for 3 months but found it too "diety" for me and on the 500 calorie days I was too hungry, irritable and zero energy. It did introduce me to my current eating plan of 16/8 which is eating in an 8 hour window. There also all these health benefits. If you google 5:2 or fasting diet there are lots of you tube videos and lots of information. There is even a 5:2 thread on "other diet plans" here on lcf.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #129
Big Yapper!

Thanks so much, Barbara. I actually never heard of that WOE before. Sounds like JUDDD but with less predictability for your body to get wise to.

Have a lovely evening. I'm hitting the hay asap. Ooh! Too late for that notion. It's already 2230.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:28 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

+1.2 to 130.6. Had a great night's sleep since I was so tired but woke up today very sore from exercise yesterday. But it feels great though ! Funny the old me would of been stressing over the scale. The new me knows it's a normal fluctuation and the scale goes down & then it goes back up. By the weekened I should be back down.

But I do know how addicitive it is to see a low number on the scale and want to stick it or just go a little bit lower. I did get a little happy vibe when I saw 127.6 Sunday morning. But the key for me is to just keep doing what I'm doing and not jump to a CD or stop exercising to try and get to some magical number on the scale.

I remember the countless times I stopped exercising completely or did correction days followed by Fat Fasts for days on end because the scale was up a bit and I just wanted to get lower. The moment I stopped within a week the scale was back up to where my body wanted to stabilize at. That pattern is not healthy in my view. So it needed to end. Now I will take care of any actual legitmate gain from a holiday or off plan eating. So I am keeping Greek Yogurt days for situations like that which is what I feel they are intended for.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:42 AM   #131
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: slimstuff
Pandora, I love reading about your journey. It inspires me and gives me hope that this round of Hhcg will be my last. I really believe that maintenance is possible and your proof that it can be done. Thanks for continuing to keep on journaling, I just wanted you to know that it really does make a difference to those of us who follow here.
slimstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:05 AM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimstuff View Post
Pandora, I love reading about your journey. It inspires me and gives me hope that this round of Hhcg will be my last. I really believe that maintenance is possible and your proof that it can be done. Thanks for continuing to keep on journaling, I just wanted you to know that it really does make a difference to those of us who follow here.
Thank you so much It does mean a lot to me. I do it not only because it helps me to stay accountable but that I can come here and post about things that in real life even those closest to us just can't understand. Also I was so heavy for such a long time and people even those well intentioned can be so cruel. I honestly never thought I could do it. I thought I was going to be heavy until I died. I had zero self esteem and was really depressed.

I still remember every single hateful or unkind comment. This one co-worker whose roommate had gone to the same clinic I initially went to. When she found out I as going her reaction was "well you know it's going to be really hard right ?". Why because I'm fat I guess I have no will power right ? Comments like that or "I can't possibly eat that unless I want to end up like you" and then after they realized what a hateful comment they made from the stunned look on my face they left a candy bar on my desk to make up for it !!! Or my favorite from my sister as she was looking at our Christmas picture that we took when my son was a baby with Santa and a female elf "she reminds me of how pretty you used to be ?" or just my son coming home crying in second grade because a classmate said his mom was fat.

I just want everyone to know we can do it and while it's not going to be easy it is so worth it. With lots of work and dedication we can keep it off as well. Nothing better than seeing those same people now & being able to keep the weight off !!

Last edited by pandora174; 10-02-2013 at 06:07 AM..
Old 10-02-2013, 07:12 AM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning
Great job on keeping your cool about fluctuations!
Yes, it is SO WORTH IT!!
Yesterday I totally enjoyed the fact that my passport picture came out "skinny" Don't you LOVE it when your wt. is at the right place when you have to do such "time-marking" things as passports, drivers license pictures, etc.?! I do!!
My heart goes out to "heavy" people (always has)... I know the feeling & I feel so bad for them. Help whenever I can, but have to wait for them to ask before I'll say anything. I used to be a diet counselor, so they actually do ask. Lets all use the memory of that pain to "help" those who are still in it.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:10 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

STS 130.6 which is a little bit of a relief since Sat/Sun I had such big drops which were followed by Mon/Tues/Wed gains. I was keeping an eye on it to see when it would stabilize and thankfully it did.

Still sore from exercise but it's a good type of sore. I also notice that while the scale is higher my clothes fit the same as when I was lower on the scale. I guess this is what people mean about the scale lying huh ?

Looking forward to Friday and the weekend. But Saturday I have my annual mammogram that I haven't had in 4 years ! Part of my stop procrastinating & take care of myself campaign.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:42 AM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Its interesting isn't it? I seem to have had almost the same drops, ups & stabilizing... I'm not sore though (which might be part of yours), but getting my system to regulate is probably my culprit. Definitely keeping an eye on the jeans waist-band helps.
It will be nice for you to have that mammogram behind you.
Have a fantastic day!
Old 10-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #136
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
Thank you so much It does mean a lot to me. I do it not only because it helps me to stay accountable but that I can come here and post about things that in real life even those closest to us just can't understand. Also I was so heavy for such a long time and people even those well intentioned can be so cruel. I honestly never thought I could do it. I thought I was going to be heavy until I died. I had zero self esteem and was really depressed.

I still remember every single hateful or unkind comment. This one co-worker whose roommate had gone to the same clinic I initially went to. When she found out I as going her reaction was "well you know it's going to be really hard right ?". Why because I'm fat I guess I have no will power right ? Comments like that or "I can't possibly eat that unless I want to end up like you" and then after they realized what a hateful comment they made from the stunned look on my face they left a candy bar on my desk to make up for it !!! Or my favorite from my sister as she was looking at our Christmas picture that we took when my son was a baby with Santa and a female elf "she reminds me of how pretty you used to be ?" or just my son coming home crying in second grade because a classmate said his mom was fat.

I just want everyone to know we can do it and while it's not going to be easy it is so worth it. With lots of work and dedication we can keep it off as well. Nothing better than seeing those same people now & being able to keep the weight off !!
Thank you for sharing those comments with us. I try not to think about things like that in my past, but maybe if I dig down deep and try to remember some, it might give me the fuel I need to get unstuck. I personally would be horrified if someone assumed I was pregnant. Shame on those people! Every last one of them.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #137
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Good morning
Great job on keeping your cool about fluctuations!
Yes, it is SO WORTH IT!!
Yesterday I totally enjoyed the fact that my passport picture came out "skinny" Don't you LOVE it when your wt. is at the right place when you have to do such "time-marking" things as passports, drivers license pictures, etc.?! I do!!
My heart goes out to "heavy" people (always has)... I know the feeling & I feel so bad for them. Help whenever I can, but have to wait for them to ask before I'll say anything. I used to be a diet counselor, so they actually do ask. Lets all use the memory of that pain to "help" those who are still in it.
You were? Was it while you were in the heavier zone or since you have lost your weight? I'm just curious cause I can't help but see the irony. You never were obese but now you are perfect for your body structure. Think of what a dieting counselor you could be now!
Old 10-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #138
Big Yapper!

Quote:
STS 130.6 which is a little bit of a relief since Sat/Sun I had such big drops which were followed by Mon/Tues/Wed gains. I was keeping an eye on it to see when it would stabilize and thankfully it did.

Still sore from exercise but it's a good type of sore. I also notice that while the scale is higher my clothes fit the same as when I was lower on the scale. I guess this is what people mean about the scale lying huh ?

Looking forward to Friday and the weekend. But Saturday I have my annual mammogram that I haven't had in 4 years ! Part of my stop procrastinating & take care of myself campaign.
I hear ya, honey. It's been about that long or longer since I drug myself into a GYN for an "annual." I had mammo's in the past 2 or 3years, I think. But oh Lord, how I hate that pap smear stuff.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:33 AM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Down -.6 to 130.0 today. I know I didn't have enough calories yesterday since I came in about 1000. But it was a crazy day when I didn't have time for my 2 pm snack and when I got home I had to review with my son his spelling test and then we put up some Halloween decorations. By the time I looked at the clock I only had time to make a quick tuna salad for dinner before my 6 pm IF window.

My thread mill arrives today so excited about that and starting a new exercise routine. The recumbent bike is getting a little boring. Happy Friday !!
Old 10-04-2013, 05:33 AM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I hear ya, honey. It's been about that long or longer since I drug myself into a GYN for an "annual." I had mammo's in the past 2 or 3years, I think. But oh Lord, how I hate that pap smear stuff.
I did the pap 3 weeks ago and I agree it is just awful
Old 10-04-2013, 07:03 AM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yippee! That will be fun! Will they set it up for you?
That's what happens to me on Sundays, miss my snack & end up around 1000 cals. Hope you have a great day & get to enjoy your new toy!
Old 10-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #142
Big Yapper!

"Thread mill." Sorry. I'm like a Savant at finding errors. It's just my nature. I should have been an Editor for some publication. I hope you have lots of fun on your new treadmill. It's really cool what you can do on one. Go to Youtube sometime and see some of the different workouts people do on them. Crab-crawling forward and backward, kneeling on the floor and just walking using your hands, walking backward and sideways, etc. There's even one video of a guy doing an actual dance using a treadmill.

Sorry about the pap smear but WTG on doing it. I'm glad all is well. Have a great day!
Old 10-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
"Thread mill." Sorry. I'm like a Savant at finding errors. It's just my nature. I should have been an Editor for some publication. I hope you have lots of fun on your new treadmill. It's really cool what you can do on one. Go to Youtube sometime and see some of the different workouts people do on them. Crab-crawling forward and backward, kneeling on the floor and just walking using your hands, walking backward and sideways, etc. There's even one video of a guy doing an actual dance using a treadmill.

Sorry about the pap smear but WTG on doing it. I'm glad all is well. Have a great day!
Hah, I didn't even notice, which is what happens when I type too quickly without double checking ! I've never even used a treadmill before so a little nervous. We will put it together or actually my husband will & I'll watch & hope can start using it on Monday.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #144
Big Yapper!

That's amazing that you've never used one before. I have one and I taught my dog to use it years ago. She loves walking on it. I just have a leash attached to the console so I can put a loop around her neck to keep her from ever falling too far behind and getting spit off the back. I'm going to start using it myself soon.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

+.8 130.8. Back from my mammogram which was not as bad as I remembered from last time. The girls still got squished but not really painful. The technician was really great and that helped. Then because it's Breast Cancer awareness month I got a 15 minute chair massage from a massage therapist

Waiting from the hubby and son to get back. My son is finishing his psycho-educational testing. He has ADHD which we medicate but we suspect some type of reading disability. This should tell us exactly if there is something so his school can help him. He is a super bright kid but needs to be in a small classroom setting with help during testing otherwise in a regular classroom he does poorly. In the classroom setting he is in now he thrives and gets great grades. Thankfully his school provides an Academy setting which is rare for Catholic private schools run by the Archdiocese. So feeling blessed at the moment !

Hubby got the treadmill up the stairs & that alone was an experience and half way set up but he promises he'll have it ready in time for me to exercise tonight. In thanks I got him some rib eye steaks and lobster tails to make up for the treadmill and the stairs last night

Feeling pretty darn good today. I've been kicking around in my head of weighing in once or twice a week. Not sure I can commit yet since I have been a daily weigher for almost 2 years now. But I don't see where it's necessary for daily weigh ins when I count calories and keep track of my foods in an app. Usually it takes me a few days or weeks and then I just do it. Let's see with this one.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #146
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hey pandora! Just popping in to check up on you. Glad to see you're still fighting the good fight!! So happy for you. Hoping to get back to maintaining with you soon!!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Hey pandora! Just popping in to check up on you. Glad to see you're still fighting the good fight!! So happy for you. Hoping to get back to maintaining with you soon!!
Hi Julie ! Hope all is well on your round & keep up the good work
Old 10-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Waiting from the hubby and son to get back. My son is finishing his psycho-educational testing. He has ADHD which we medicate but we suspect some type of reading disability. This should tell us exactly if there is something so his school can help him. He is a super bright kid but needs to be in a small classroom setting with help during testing otherwise in a regular classroom he does poorly. In the classroom setting he is in now he thrives and gets great grades. Thankfully his school provides an Academy setting which is rare for Catholic private schools run by the Archdiocese. So feeling blessed at the moment !
Hubby got the treadmill up the stairs & that alone was an experience and half way set up but he promises he'll have it ready in time for me to exercise tonight. In thanks I got him some rib eye steaks and lobster tails to make up for the treadmill and the stairs last night
Feeling pretty darn good today. I've been kicking around in my head of weighing in once or twice a week. Not sure I can commit yet since I have been a daily weigher for almost 2 years now. But I don't see where it's necessary for daily weigh ins when I count calories and keep track of my foods in an app. Usually it takes me a few days or weeks and then I just do it. Let's see with this one.
Hope the kind of situation your ds learns in continues to be available to him. ADD people are really gifted people, but hard children to have in a classroom.
Hope your treadmill is all set up now. Good job on the 'reward dinner' Looking forward to hearing all about it.
I have been weighing every day for decades. It used to be that if I didn't, I would forget I was dieting... couldn't see the damage something did, and get stuck in the wrong mind-set. I do survive on our trips, so I guess its do-able, except I've always got to know... so I check my jeans waist-band & measure... If you can go without & just weigh on your "best day" (Saturday's always mine), good for you!
Old 10-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
I was curious as to what a thread mill was but thought I wouldn't ask. I wish I had room for one.
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

I just did 15 minutes and it kicked my butt big time. I was drenched in sweat but a great workout ! I did the performance workout so the treadmill adjusted the speed and incline for me. My first goal is to get through the complete 30 min and then eventually be able to do an hour.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0287.jpg (26.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0286.jpg (28.2 KB, 6 views)