Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2014, 05:31 AM   #751
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/127/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
+1.6 to 132.4 but I was expecting my Monday back to work bounce up. Did manage the treadmill yesterday and it's been over 3 weeks since I managed that. Overall just happy I am getting back to my exercise routine. This has also been a strange tom since today I am on day 4 but had no flow yesterday and just a bit crampy today. So I know any up on the scale is inflammation from tom/less sleep + increased work out.

Today eating on plan and no changes since I just want to see without me interfering where the scale's fluctuations are. I can think to last year when I knew my fluctuations and like clock work I knew when I would be up and then down. Hoping to get to that again. Now this week I just need to keep eating clean and keep up my exercise and try and not stress or jump to a correction day.

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2014, 06:03 AM   #752
Major LCF Poster!

+1.0 to 133.4.. keeping an eye on the scale since tom is officially over now. Am proud I did not jump to a GY day. I need to see where things land after tom and if I am always jumping to CD then I will never let things settle down. Also I know I pushed the envelope yesterday calorie wise which is actually good since I didn't know my limits. I must of had 1800 calories yesterday and I know my stomach was upset. So today I am planning on eating still my foods but keeping an eye on calories and have some lemon water. Hope to see tomorrow the scale go down a bit "but" if it doesn't then I will do a GY day. I need to be mindful but not get complacent. I knew this week would be tough but I need to get through it and it will teach me patience again..
Old 06-25-2014, 07:37 AM   #753
Major LCF Poster!

+.4 133.8 so 2 days in a row and I'm doing a GY day today. So keeping an eye on the scale for the next few days but it could be that I have kicked up my exercise routine up again. I was fairly light and the last 2 weeks only getting in 2x while this week I have stepped it up. But here's the thing I feel better and tighter when I exercise more so I don't want to stop or slow that down. Heck I want to kick it up even more to 4 to 5x a week.

I did keep any eye on my calories yesterday and came in around 1200. So right now I am analyzing things. I really wanted this to work but if I am having to do CD 1 to 2x per week and on top of that stress the scale and not be able to exercise how I want I may as well go back to 5:2. Seems like 5:2 and me have a love/hate relationship. But deep down it's not 5:2 it's more the "thought of 5:2" if that makes sense that bothers me. That to maintain I can't just eat clean, exercise and be vigilant that it bothers me that I have to do something to maintain. And that "something" feels like a diet. I guess I need to let that go and see it as some people can only do low carb to maintain or have to always restrict calories. So I guess if I can eat how I want 5 days and only diet for 2 it's not so bad in the big picture. Also deep down the 500 calories are not a big hardship..

I also have to face that I get fluctuations and can't blame 5:2 solely for that. Regardless of what I do I will see fluctuations so I might as well accept that...So need to do whatever WOE causes me less stress and can have me enjoy life and my family and still endulge and live life..even if that means 5:2

Last edited by pandora174; 06-25-2014 at 07:38 AM..
Old 06-26-2014, 05:55 AM   #754
Major LCF Poster!

Full fat GY brought me down -1.4 to 132.4..not exactly where I like to be after a CD but within my comfy range though close to the top. Today eating normal but keeping an eye on calories and plan to exercise as well. Tomorrow going to try a protein day and then eat normal on Sat/Sun and I plan on exercising on Sat/Sun as well. On Monday will re-assess what I want to do.

Staying positive and at the end of day as long as I can maintain in my range I am ok with whatver I need to do to get there and stay there. I also have not ruled out another short round to try and re-set my weight a bit lower and if I can then maintain 128-130. But that's something that I have not decided to at all but it's just another option. I am happy as long as I can see 130ish but when I see 133 I start to get nervous. Also I am but backed up again which is strange because I really haven't changed my foods just stopped doing 5:2...something I need to consider as well..
Old 06-27-2014, 05:12 AM   #755
Major LCF Poster!

+1.4 133.8 which is were I was on Wed. before my GY..So I didn't exercise yesterday & ate very clean and low carb and came in about 1100 calories and 12 net carbs. I also slept well and drank my water..Today planning another low carb day and very clean mostly just protein and will do some light exercise and make sure I get my sleep and see what tomorrow brings..

Surprisingly not stressing just observing..I do think that last week's little fluctuations and seeing 130ish more frequently was due to the 2 FF days. But this is not how I want to eat every week or always have to be doing "something" or keeping so much focus on what I eat or how much. I also do not want to see 133 on such a frequent basis particularly after weekly GY days or low carb days.

What I am going to do is next week keep on my 3 to 4x a week exercising and then on Monday and Thursday do 5:2 and see if that brings me to where I was before I stopped. We leave for Legoland on Friday and come back Monday afternoon. When I am gone I will decide if I will keep doing 5:2 or do a short round. Now if I decide to due the round the only reason I would do that is to be able or hope to be able to really transition out of 5:2 and set my weight at a lower number. If I do get to see the 120's again and be able to maintain that in the long term then great. If not and I can at least in the long term stick to how I'm eating now even if keeping an eye on calories but see the high 120's (128-130) then I think the round is a success.

I'll take my drops with me just in case and I'll decide if I load on Sat/Sun of next week. I may just have 2 really good DD this coming Monday & Thursday and decide not to even bother with a round but I know it will be one thing or the other but I can't continue with this way. I really am OK with it but what I do know with 100 % certainty is I do not want to see 133 with such frequency because that leads to 135 etc. So whileI was happy at 128-130 and then grudgingly but realistically accepted 130-132 I will not accept another creep up. I also know I'm 45 and menopause is around the corner so there is always that to consider and the fact remains that we always have to be doing something.

Also in the big scheme of things if I decide to a round every 1 1/2 or 2 years to just re set my ldw when really even at 133 it's only 5 lbs from my last real ldw 128.2 that's pretty darn good and I need to not be so hard on myself. Or if I decide to just stick to 5:2 or 6:1 to maintain 130-132 is it any different that those that have to stick to low carb and never stray to maintain

Just a different WOE and we all need to get away from the thought (myself in particular) that if we aren't eating whatever we want or what everyone else seems to be eating that we are not somehow succeeding at losing or maintaining. That because we always need to be vigilant or careful then we are failing in some way. We are not !! We are actually succeeding

Last edited by pandora174; 06-27-2014 at 05:16 AM..
Old 06-28-2014, 06:45 AM   #756
Major LCF Poster!

down -1.0 to 132.8 after yesterday's protein only day & extra sleep. Came in around 900ish calories and only 6 carbs from the dressing I put on my protein or the protein itself. But the thing is I don't want to have to be doing so many changes or modified CD throughout my week. Thankfully since I've been diligent about my fiber chewables I wasn't constipated last night. Today and tomorrow do plan to eat normal for me with fruits/veggies. Monday back to 5:2. I think last the last few days I've realized that regardless I have always have to do something and I've been maintaining for the last year & half by always doing something so just I have to do whatever causes the least stress to me. In hindsight though it's a love/hate relationship with 5:2 I always go back to it because for me it keeps me at my acceptable range with the least amount of stress or worry. Same thing with HCG.

Oh well I have my 0% GY ready for Mon & Thurs which will be my DD. But I get the feeling if these DD go well (keep my fingers crossed) I won't be doing any other round. Off to do my mani/pedi and then go see what Kohls & Ross have for me. Need to get out of the house & out of my own head for a bit.

Last edited by pandora174; 06-28-2014 at 06:47 AM..
Old 06-29-2014, 08:53 AM   #757
Major LCF Poster!

+.6 133.4 came in yesterday at around 1000 calories but about 50 net carbs. Also got in a pretty good workout with 30 min on the treadmill and some stretches & a few reps on my ab roller. Today plan to eat my foods but not so low on calories. This week I managed 3 workouts so it's progress from the last 2 weeks. Hoping to get in next week Tues/Wed and then will count all the walking at Legoland on Fri/Sat/Sun as 5x exercising. I'm glad I tried this plan and when I think about it I've basically had to watch what I eat or do a CD multiple times to be about a pound higher than on 5:2. On 5:2 at least 5x a week I don't stress about my foods and I do feel overall less hungry so there is that as well.

Feel a bit better with things in general. Tomorrow going to do a DD and then on Thursday. Digestion is back on track and no constipation the last few days which is good. Not exactly happy with the scale but hope once I go back on 5:2 I can see the 130's again. But looking at my numbers I've been at 132-133 without CD for a while...

Another round has it's attraction particularly re-setting my weight a bit lower and being able to transition out of 5:2 and I would feel more comfortable with a lower set point. But on the other hand I would have to do 21 days of vlcd and then P3 and reintroducing all my foods and then there's the exercise which I know I will have to put on hold to stabilize. If I do a round I want the timing to be perfect and to have no obligations or anything to get in the way for it to be successful. I also realized finally what is my rush ? There is no deadline and it's not a race. So if I can stay steady at my 130-132 on 5:2 then I have plenty of time to do another round if I decide to do it. Maybe when DS goes back to school or I truly have a clear calendar from work obligations and holidays ? Maybe when I'm done with this project at work at the end of October ? I think that helped to stop my mind from racing which I sometimes tend to do. I realized the whole point...what's the rush ? lol

Right now I'm leaning toward thinking if I have 2 good DD's next week (keeping my fingers crossed) I may do a few weeks of 4:3 while kicking up my exercise routine up to 3-4x a week which will help with overall mood and energy. I've also been reading about a modified 5:2 that has 5 days at 1200 calories. Need to think if that's better than 4:3 or even JUDDD or just do nothing but 5:2 with no tweaks !! I do like having options and I realize in the big scheme of things it's only 5 lbs and not the end of the world When I think about 5 lbs vs 100 lbs it does put things in perspective. Sometimes I realize I need to take a step back and take a few deep breaths. I can be very OCD about my weight and a bit of a control freak. So today hitting my treadmill, doing another detox bath and tomorrow my DD. Then going to focus on looking foward to spending time with the family next weekend at Legoland, eat on plan and enjoy some indulgences and do my DD when I'm back

Last edited by pandora174; 06-29-2014 at 09:07 AM..
Old 06-29-2014, 09:24 AM   #758
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Sounds good. I'm glad you're not impulsively doing anything and are reasonably working on things. You'll s have a great time next weekend!! Enjoy yourselves!! I'm going in vacation this week myself. Just in town, but a nice resort. We'll be swimming, resting and eating a lot!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:39 AM   #759
Major LCF Poster!

+.8 to 134.2 which is the highest I've been in over a month. It definitely was not what I ate but likely exercise since I have kicked up the intensity of my workouts. Calorie wise I barely broke 1300 and I did 30 minutes on the treadmill followed by my ab roller reps and some stretching. I defnitely feel stronger and my arms are getting the toned look I like. Other than the scale I feel fine though in all honestly I do see a teeny roll around my middle. So at least I know I tried but it seems like 5:2 is what's working to help me maintain. Also prior to 5:2 in all honestly I maintained because I constantly tweaked, took teas to keep things moving and was always either doing a GY or M&E or FF.

Today is my DD and I am actually looking forward to it and the clean feeling I get and hope to see a nice drop tomorrow on the scale. No exercise since it's my off day and Tues/Wed plan to eat on plan but not overly restrict calories and hit the treadmill again. Thursday will be my last DD for the week. Friday I weigh in and then we leave for Legoland. Let's see if the weather cooperates but regardless we'll make the best of it. I come back Monday and will do a Quest bar DD so hope to get back around 130-131 if I'm lucky !
Old 07-01-2014, 07:33 AM   #760
Major LCF Poster!

down -1.6 to 132.6 so it's back within my comfy range though a bit close to the top but I'll take it. Going to keep an eye on calories today & tomorrow. The only reason is that simply because we're going away for the weekend and I do plan to indulge here & there and definitely have more calories so I want to go into the weekend as low as possible. Next DD is a Thursday and my last weigh in will be Friday morning before we leave and then no weighing until the following Tuesday morning. So it all depends if I need to do 4:3 next week when I get back from this mini-vacation. Plan to do my treadmill today and tomorrow and relax on Thursday since I will be doing a lot of walking over the weekend. I am confdent once I have at least 2 weeks or so back on 5:2 that I can see my old friend the 130's again..lol

Feeling pretty good overall so that is always a major plus
Old 07-02-2014, 04:57 AM   #761
Major LCF Poster!

+.6 133.2 and came in around 1350 in calories & 40 net carbs. So far digestion is fine and my mood and energy are quite good. I know I didn't get enough sleep at all since DS was just really hyper last night and came in around 1 am to our bed. So I usually am down 2 bs from my after bath weigh in which had me basically STS from my morning weigh but that didn't happen and I know what it is. No biggie today still on plan with my food and exercise. Tomorrow is a DD. I do think that I may need to do a week or maybe even 2 of 4:3 to get to the 130's again. In order to be back to 130-131 I need to actually hit that # on a DD so it may take a few more DD's to get there.

Today hope I get more sleep and need to finish packing for our trip so it's pretty hectic right now. At least the weather looks better so that is a big relief. Packing my lc snacks which helps me make better choices when I'm traveling.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:24 AM   #762
Major LCF Poster!

down -.6 132.6 which is pretty good considering I came in around 1300 calories but 80 net carbs ! What I think brought me the drop was the 2 sunflower fiber crackers which pardon the tmi really got things moving along. But what I am most happy about is I had zero desire to exercise but I made myself get on the treadmill for 30 minutes and followed with my planks/stretching & ab roller reps and felt really good afterwards. Today is a DD but I am going to see if I can do the recumbent bike at least. My focus now is to keep up my exercise routine with a minimum of 3x but aim for at least 4 to 5x of some type of exercise. Mentally it's a big plus because on the days when the scale is not my friend I always feels stronger, leaner & tighter when I exercise and that is half the mental battle in of itself. I really just want to stay positive and strong and get away from the "get lower mentality". So need to make exercise a priority again.

All packed just need to put away the toiletries and electronic gadgets and all their chargers and hubby will clean the house so we can come back to a neat house. Then weigh in tomorrow morning and we hit the road around 6 to 6:30 am to avoid traffic. We've never been to Legoland or stayed in Winter Haven which is a small town so we're really looking forward to the next 3 days

Last edited by pandora174; 07-03-2014 at 05:26 AM..
Old 07-03-2014, 08:51 AM   #763
Big Yapper!!!!

Hope you have a great trip!! Enjoy yourself, but don't sweat the scale too much. Exercise certainly makes me more aware of my body, my muscles, etc. it feels good to be in the groove with it, doesn't it? I'm sure you look great and hope you feel confident and proud out and about this weekend!
Old 07-04-2014, 12:37 PM   #764
Major LCF Poster!

down -1.0 to 131.6 and relaxing now at the hotel. We had a great drive since we left plenty early and beat traffic. Got here & our room wasn't ready so we went to the mall and did some shopping. Had lunch at a local steak & seafood restaurant. They had a great chopped salad and had a mixed broiled fish platter with a sweet potato. But it didn't really agree with me Weather has been raining on and off so hoping that it clears up since I want to get to the park around 5 or 6 pm so we can enjoy the fireworks.

Feel pretty good overall and going to be mindful but still enjoy myself.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:17 AM   #765
Big Yapper!!!!

Sorry lunch didn't agree with you but glad you're there safe and sound! Have a great time!
Old 07-06-2014, 07:26 PM   #766
Major LCF Poster!

Vacation over and relaxing in the hotel before we leave tomorrow. Must say we had a great time some rain like today but we still managed to see the park and ride everything we wanted. DS got 2 awesome Lego sets (boy those are so pricey) and he built them already ! We had some truly great family time and since there are no video games or extra rooms like at home we are always together

Now food wise I was pretty good the only day I can honestly say I over ate was last night at dinner time that we went to a steak house. I had 2 yeast rolls with my sirloin and sweet potato & chopped salad. Hubby ordered a brownie sundae & I ate about half of it. When we left I thought I was going to burst I felt so uncomfortable. Something about the food on this trip that just didn't agree with me no matter what we ate. I swear I have spent more time in the bathroom than ever. Maybe it's a combination of my supplements and the food even when on plan still had me running to the bathroom Maybe my stomach isn't used to it. Who knows but running to the bathroom or not the food was pretty good. Tomorrow doing a Quest bar DD and coming in exactly at 500 calories.

Let's see what the scale says on Tuesday morning though I know I didn't get in enough water and I may be dehydrated with all the walking & sun plus the bathroom issues. So may do a 4:3 week but not stressing it too much but just hoping it's not too bad beause then knowing myself I will beat myself up over my choices

Overall feed pretty good about the choices I made. I stayed on plan about 95 % of the time but did go over calorie wise but figure with all the walking I should be fine. I ate what I wanted but really didn't feel deprived or the need to eat too many off plan things. Other than the rolls at dinner yesterday & half the sundae I had 1 cupcake on Saturday and a few of DS's french fries but the rest of the meals and snacks were on plan. So that in of itself is a success that I can vacation and not binge or feel out of control. Now I feel pretty confident since I have several vacations and business trips under my belt and have not gained a ton and have been able to get down to my range after my DD. But when vacation time comes to an end I always get the blues a bit. I think the DD will get my eating back on track and I plan on exercising Tuesday to help with mood.

Now keeping my fingers crossed for a decent weigh in on Tuesday morning but I know I have options and I need to make exceptions for life if not it all becomes a bit much

Last edited by pandora174; 07-06-2014 at 07:31 PM..
Old 07-06-2014, 08:01 PM   #767
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Sounds like you had a great time. How old is your son? You look pretty cute in your new pic.
Hope you do well with your weigh-in. I know for me, the wt. dropped. Hard to tell what you're doing, & the change in diet might even give a boost.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:42 AM   #768
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ElizabethLC
Stats: 218.5/147/150s
Start Date: July 2008
Aw, super cute pic! Your vacation sounds so fun, one of those family vacations that everyone looks back on fondly.

Do you keep a weight graph for yourself anywhere? (I have one, but just on my computer, not online anywhere.) The reason I mention this is because you have done such a great job of maintaining within your range, long term over many months now! I have found it to be satisfying/motivating to look back at my graph line and see it stay within my range for months in a row.
ElizabethLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:50 AM   #769
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Sounds like you had a great time. How old is your son? You look pretty cute in your new pic.
Hope you do well with your weigh-in. I know for me, the wt. dropped. Hard to tell what you're doing, & the change in diet might even give a boost.
Thanks ! DS is 11. Keeping my fingers crossed but I have my 4:3 as back up. Congrats on the drop
Old 07-07-2014, 11:56 AM   #770
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethLC View Post
Aw, super cute pic! Your vacation sounds so fun, one of those family vacations that everyone looks back on fondly.

Do you keep a weight graph for yourself anywhere? (I have one, but just on my computer, not online anywhere.) The reason I mention this is because you have done such a great job of maintaining within your range, long term over many months now! I have found it to be satisfying/motivating to look back at my graph line and see it stay within my range for months in a row.
I track my weight on several aps since April of last year or so. I am bit OCD about it and I can go back and see trends and that helps when the scale is not my friend. Basically when I finished my goal weight round I was 128.2 if I am strict low carb I can be at 128-130 but if I eat healthy and on plan but not low carb I can maintain 130-132 on average. This of course is seeing anywhere from 130 to 135 on the scale but there are fluctuations though I hate them they are normal. I try to focus on where I was a week ago or a month ago after my DD's and it's pretty steady. I even have an app that tells me my "true weight" with all the fluctuations and one that compares month to month and week to week (pretty OCD of me)
Old 07-07-2014, 01:12 PM   #771
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds like you had a nice time!! Hope the scale treats you well!
Old 07-07-2014, 01:53 PM   #772
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Sounds like you had a nice time!! Hope the scale treats you well!
Thanks ! But I get the feeling from just weighing in when I got home that I am way up. But no biggie I did enjoy it and I know I didn't have nearly enough water + sun and inflammation & I always get dehydrated when I spend 2 days in the bathroom. So I'm just implementing my plan. Today doing my DD of Quest bars and tomorrow a moderate calorie day of about 1000 but very low carb. Wednesday will be another DD (maybe protein or GY) and then Thursday another moderate carlorie but not low carb and then Friday a DD. Hope then I can get back to my 130-131 range. Also tomorrow back to my exercise routine which I hope to keep 3 to 4x a week. Hopefully next week I can go back to 5:2 but if worse comes to worse 4:3 isn't the end of the world.

Anyway it was worth it to get back from vacation and be able to get back on track and have the tools to do it. So trying to see the positive side of things
Old 07-08-2014, 07:03 AM   #773
Major LCF Poster!

From my last DD +2.4 134 so not as bad as I thought though don't want to know what I was at before yesterday's DD . Eating clean & lc and after my Starbucks not hungry so going to see if I can fast until lunch and have a relatively low calorie day today. Hope to get down a bit more tomorrow when I do my 2nd DD of the week. Hopefully by Saturday morning I can be back to my comfy range of 130-131.

Will do my recumbent bike today just to get moving again and hope to be in bed by 10 pm after a long detox bath. Staying positive and on plan which is my current motto.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:50 AM   #774
Big Yapper!!!!

This is good maintenance. You went on vacation, indulged and lived a little, enjoyed yourself, and now you're home getting back into your weight range and doing the work to stick to your numbers. That's how to do it right! you're doing great!
Old 07-09-2014, 05:49 AM   #775
Major LCF Poster!

+.2 134.2 and today is a DD so hope to get off a bit more. Tomorrow another moderate day and then Friday my 3rd DD of the week. Keeping my fingers crossed I can get back in my comfy range of 130-131 by this weekened. If not then I'll do another 4:3 week next week or add a FF day and see what happens. Got in my 30 min on the bike so happy I am sticking to plan. Today is no exercise and will hit the treadmill on Thurs/Sat/Sun for 4x this week.

Feeling a bit crampy and tom isn't for another 2 weeks so hope it doesn't come earlier but we'll see. Overall feeling pretty good. Trying to stay mentally on track. I think not focusing on a number on the scale but keeping a range of 130-134 in mind as my "acceptable numbers" has helped. Without realizing I was focusing again on a 2 lb range and that is too narrow. Or trying to get back to my ldw of 128.2 which I know unless I stay super low carb/no carb it's not going to happen. But if I stay focused on exercising there really is no difference in how my clothes fit when I weigh 128 vs 130.

So any thoughts of another round are far far away in my mind which is good. But I am also realistic enough to know I'll never say never because one day I can wake up and just grab that bottle and start loading. But for now I'm ok with where I'm at and that's a good thing.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:37 AM   #776
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: slimstuff
Pandora, You're doing awesome! Changing our mindset is such a hard thing to do especially if one has been overweight a long time. You're staying on top of the small weight gains before they turn into big ones without getting all crazy and jumping into another round. I'm learning so much from you and trying to emulate your success. Keep up the great work.
slimstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:12 AM   #777
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimstuff View Post
Pandora, You're doing awesome! Changing our mindset is such a hard thing to do especially if one has been overweight a long time. You're staying on top of the small weight gains before they turn into big ones without getting all crazy and jumping into another round. I'm learning so much from you and trying to emulate your success. Keep up the great work.
Thank you !
Old 07-10-2014, 05:23 AM   #778
Major LCF Poster!

-2.8 to 131.4 so I'm officially back in the low end of my comfy range and lower by .2 than my last DD ! I also think that changing up my menu on my DD helped (mango tilapia) which also cleaned out my pipes so that has a lot to do with the drop I think. Today getting on my treadmill as planned and eating moderate calories since that was the plan this week and going to stick to it. I also want to ease into my regular eating after vacation indulgences. Tomorrow doing my DD as planned and the weekend regular on plan eating with exercise.

So far next week I think I will only do 5:2 and not 4:3. I think I may do Tues/Thurs as DD's and then Monday as a moderate calorie day. So far I think this type of calorie rotation helps. Also to be honest I am becoming quite good at getting the most bang for my calorie buck thanks to adding veggies. I mean a cup of spaghetti squash is about 35 calories and super filling then I add my protein & I can have a satisfying healthy meal for under 300 calories ! When I have fruit for breakfast like today a mango it's about 107 calories !

So keeping on the good fight as they say and trying to stay positive above all else and focused on seeing the good things I have accomplished and stay away from negative thoughts or self doubt. Will I ever be 120-125 ? maybe but in all likelihood without extreme sacrifice on my part likely not and that is what I need to let go of.. I'm getting there little by little and I know exercise and feeling less stress about the scale and not feeling "out of control" is a big part. And whether I like it or not 5:2 seems to be the best plan for me to reduce my stress and keep me in my happy but realstic weight range and most importantly eating how I really like to eat with the occasional indulgence. So I think everyone just needs to find what works for them and stick to that. If it's low carb or 5:2 or counting calories etc. just find what works the best for your mind and your body.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:39 AM   #779
Major LCF Poster!

+.2 131.6 so far my plan this week is working really well. I am doing a DD today keeping my fingers crossed I can see a new low tomorrow when I weigh in (hoping for the low 130's). Also feel pretty proud that I got in my 30 minutes of exercise and I was dragging but I told myself "just do it". Didn't do the treadmill since that means putting on my sneakers on & a sports bra & I was too lazy for that Did my recumbent bike that I can do in my pj's and bare feet. But the point is I did something .

Today leaving work a bit early since I reached my productivity goal. May go to Marshalls since I need to start looking for school & PE shoes for DS and then go to Aldi's and stock up on fish/meat. Really don't want to pay BJ's prices for my meat/fish this week.

No exercise today but Sat/Sun I am going to get on that treadmill. Tomorrow is a hectic day since my sister is giving us a mattress that's been in her guest room and it's practically new but that means the delivery should be very very early and I have to help hubby move our king mattress to our guest bedroom. Then it's my bi weekly mani/pedi. Sunday I have to go get my hair dyed, trimmed and time for my Keratin treatment again so that will be 3 or 4 hours sitting around my hairstylist house but the results will be worth it.

Looking forward to 2 pm today so I can get out of the office and start my weekend !
Old 07-12-2014, 06:44 AM   #780
Major LCF Poster!

-.2 131.4 but I'll take it sometimes your body wants to do what it wants to do. Has me remembering those HCG days when I gained or STS on 500 calories so why it's frustrating that our bodies don't follow our plans for it what can you do. At least I am within my low end of my comfy range. Today going to do my treadmill and eat on plan. Next week I'll decide if I want to do 4:3 or just 5:2 with a moderate calorie day thrown in the mix.

Yesterday did turn down a happy hour with some co workers. Honestly I wasn't in the mood to drink or have restaurant food. I've done enough of that last week (not the drinking but the eating out) and it may be selfish but I've worked too hard this week on my eating to derail it for one night. So instead after I got out of work I went to my local Aldi's and stocked up on some meats for me (turkey tenderloin for $5.99 !!) and the tilapia (frozen) for $4.99 etc. Got some goodies for hubby & DS & I love love their prices. Then went to Marshalls and found PE shoes for DS for $19 and I fell in love with a red Kate Spade purse which just had to go home with me

Now waiting for my "new to us" mattress and then off to do my mani/pedi and the most stressful decision I have to make is what color lol !! After a super crazy week at work it feels good to think of simple, silly things for a change.

Again my focus is on staying positive and keeping my mood up. Eating on plan and trying to reduce my stress in general about everything but particularly over the scale and getting my exercise in !