Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2014, 07:00 AM   #721
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/127/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
+.4 132.8 and doing a DD. Really didn't feel like I was in the mood to do a DD today but it's not so bad afterall. I really do love GY and berries. So pretty happy with things as they are. Fluctuations have been pretty stable on regular days 132ish and DD 130ish. So no plans to change anything at the moment. Going to relax this weekend and then next week when I travel for work stick to low carb but relax my eating window rule. This seems to have worked out every single time so going to stick with it.

Happy Friday !!

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2014, 07:09 AM   #722
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Sounds good! How are your dd's at this point? Are you doing 500 cals? I'm thinking I may do a gycd once a week to maintain, but full fat, 4 servings, with coffee and cream-1300 cals. I've had one the past 2 weeks which has helped me maintain, feel cleaned out , and in control. Is that what your dd's help you feel like? I'm planning another rond next month, but looking ahead to lifetime maintenance, the Juddd idea appeals, but the reality didn't work for me, and hopefully won't be necessary. Just curious as to your thoughts looking next .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #723
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Sounds good! How are your dd's at this point? Are you doing 500 cals? I'm thinking I may do a gycd once a week to maintain, but full fat, 4 servings, with coffee and cream-1300 cals. I've had one the past 2 weeks which has helped me maintain, feel cleaned out , and in control. Is that what your dd's help you feel like? I'm planning another rond next month, but looking ahead to lifetime maintenance, the Juddd idea appeals, but the reality didn't work for me, and hopefully won't be necessary. Just curious as to your thoughts looking next .
I do around 600 calories. The GY comes in at 520, plus strawberries and an occasional Starbucks coffee with hwc. I've also done 3 Quest bars and try to stick to the 160-170 calories one with lots of coffee. That is exactly how I feel after a DD. Cleaner, more in control of my eating and hunger and overall less stressed out about eating on my regular days.

Good luck on your next round !
Old 06-07-2014, 09:08 AM   #724
Major LCF Poster!

down -2.4 to 130.6. Feel very good overall with mood and energy though I have been a bit crampy lately and tom is not for another 2 weeks. Today went to my 2 favorite stores for some retail therapy : Kohls and Marshalls and did some damage I love Kohls for work clothes and walked out with a dress, 2 tops, a cardigan and a travel toothbrush for me and then an electric shaver for hubby and a t-shirt for father's day. Then hit Marshalls and came out with some super cute heels for work and some Coach loafers and another top for work. I really hesitated on the loafers but they were so cute and only 1 pair was left in my size so I grabbed them and I'm glad I did !!

DS is having another playdate with his friend from school This time we are dropping him off at his friend's house. Then hubby and I will go have lunch. Thinking of some place nice but on plan. Today breakfast was a Quest bar only so I'll grab an apple before we leave.

Tomorrow I do want to go to the movies and we'll probably bbq and then I will pack for my trip Tuesday. Monday will be very hectic at work since that will be the only day I will be in next week !

Last edited by pandora174; 06-07-2014 at 09:10 AM..
Old 06-08-2014, 07:14 AM   #725
Major LCF Poster!

+.8 to 131.4. Had a nice Saturday my "nice" lunch with hubby turned into going to a taco dive I wanted a nice restaurant with an awesome steak but he wanted to go eat at a taco dive place. He would of gone to the nice place but I thought what the heck and he's been drooling over this place every time we drive by. So I bit the bullet and at first look at the menu I was like "coke zero please" then I got off my high horse and made the best of it. Ordered a grilled chicken taco salad and it was delicious. I skipped the taco shell and just had the inside and added a tbsp of the homemade refried beans, sour cream, fresh salsa and guacamole

DS had an awesome time with his best friend. It's so nice that he's found a friend that they are like 2 peas in a pod. His friend's mom doesn't work and the dad travels during the week so we decided the boys can spend time together during the week in Summer. Now to coordinate the days since I don't want to impose but she offered so Now I must say some of my old insecurities creeped up because DS friend's mom is super pretty and thin and their house is beautiful. Something out of a magazine. But normally I would avoid interacting too much with people like this when I was very heavy because I always felt like I wasn't good enough or they were silenting judging me. But I shook myself off and glad I did otherwise DS would not have found this friendship. Also these are "my" insecurities and me projecting them onto others. The truth is this lady is super nice and has never been anything but gracious so glad I feel more confident in myself which is another huge NSV !!

Today relaxing and while I packed last night I need to re pack since I need to make room for my low carb snacks. At least tomorrow DS can sleep in now that Summer is here and I have more time in the morning to get ready or head out a bit earlier. Looking forward to my trip for work since I do get a lot of "me-alone time" and I do have 2 good work friends that we usually have a nice lunch and dinner and get some girl/chatty time which is nice.

Happy Sunday !
Old 06-08-2014, 08:43 AM   #726
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Yay taco's! Love Mexican food!
That's pretty great to realize your own insecurities & realize the truth. She could be having twinges of insecurity about you as well! Could be the start of a great relationship between you all. So happy for your DS to have a friend.
Have a blessed Sunday!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 05:23 PM   #727
Major LCF Poster!

Got in a workout !! Woohoo - 27 minutes on my recumbent bike. Since our trip Memorial weekend trip this is the first time so feeling good. Need to just focus on doing something. Tomorrow is a DD but I'll see if I can get the bike in since it's so non impact but I get my exercise in and that improves my mood and energy level.

I'm actually looking forward to the trip and that I won't be able to weigh in and not focus so much on my weight. Today has been a rough day mentally in that I have that itch to get lower. It comes every few weeks no matter what so I am used to that. I think by switching things around I manage to get over that. So that being said when I come back I may do an FF day or two if that voice keeps getting louder. Funny but that seems to quiet the little voice for a while and it seems to re-set my eating as well and it makes me appreciate my WOE more. I guess brie and mac nuts for a day or 2 makes me appreciate 5:2 and my fruits/protein/veggies even more. But what has made me think today is the voice always keeps coming back eventually...no matter what...

Sometimes I just think I should just do something and try to get down to that 122-125 and see if I can get there again and if this time I can maintain there. I think what hurt me before was the back to back rounds and not giving myself enough time to maintain between rounds. I feel lucky that I can maintain where I am. Is it vanity on my part to always want to be a bit lower ? and if it is vanity why am I embarrased or feel I need to justify that to anyone ? I always give people advice on doing what makes "them" happy so that being said I'm going to take things one day at a time. I'm in no rush. If one day in the near future the little voice turns into a roar and the timing is right I may just do a short round and see what happens...

There I said it out loud..no judgement..no guilt which I think is the big issue for me since it's perfectly understandable for people to do another round if they have weight to lose or re-lose. But when you got to goal and have maintained well it seems a crazy to put yourself through another round for a few pounds..

Last edited by pandora174; 06-08-2014 at 05:27 PM..
Old 06-09-2014, 06:15 AM   #728
Major LCF Poster!

+1.4 132.8 and today is my DD before I travel. My next DD is scheduled for Friday. I do get back late Thursday afternoon so it will be hard when I see the scale on Friday morning but no biggie.

Now last night I took the plunge and ordered my drops. I was so excited and ready to go on this next round. It seems the dates are perfect. Load Father's Day weekend and do exactly 3 weeks and P3 can start Mon 7/7. Which puts me in P3 before my next training 7/16 but this one has no over night travel so it will be easier to stay on P3. I printed out my food list for shopping next weekend. I even told hubby who advised to do whatever made me happy.

But then I got to work and I spoke to my co-worker who just finished a round to re-lose some weight but she wasn't very encouraging. Made me second guess myself and why am I doing this ?? So now I know but I don't know kind of thing. I explained yes it is 100 % vanity on my part and I have nothing to prove to anyone but I would like to re-set my weight a bit lower. So if I can re-set my weight to say 125-127 that would make me happier overall. If I also could successfully transition out of 5:2 and just eat moderate carb and even if I count my calories only do CDs when needed that also would be a big plus. While I truly don't mind 5:2 it can be a bit draining the every single week 2 500 calorie days to just maintain.

At least the drops aren't too expensive and they stay good for a long time if I change my mind. But so far I'm leaning toward sticking to my plan. If worse comes to worse and I do this for 3 weeks and then P3 and can't stick it then I know I gave it a good try and will go back to my 5:2 or whatever I need to do. It's not like I'm going to gain weight if this doesn't work out

Will just take it one day at a time. Enjoy my trip and by Friday I should have made up my mind.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:47 PM   #729
Major LCF Poster!

-2.2 130.6..enjoying the hotel and the flight was nice & easy. Staying on plan though I did have a few pieces of cracker with butter at dinner. Otherwise feel good overall. So last night I ordered my drops and I was all ready for a vanity round & try to stay in the 120's. Today I'm not so sure...

First I am thin !!! Second I am restless not in my food or WOE but in the 5:2 that it just feels like so much effort to just maintain...at the end of the day it's a few lbs and is that worth a round ?? I would like to re set my weight to say mid or even high 120's. I also would like to eat how I eat, keep track and just do a CD as needed and not 500 calories. I guess if 5:2 had me in the high 120's I wouldn't feel so resentful at times of the plan.

So going to relax for now. Friday do a full fat GY day and may do some alternating days of FF, moderate calories and GY and see if I can drop a few lbs to get me out of this funk. Then see if I can transition out of 5:2. If that doesn't work out then I will re visit the vanity round. If I do another round I want to do it for the right reasons and not because I am disatisfied with the 5:2 and over 2-4 lbs

I still may change my mind later on but want to try something less drastic and see if I can work my way out it. At this point even considering JUDDD for a few weeks is another option. Glad I can be honest with myself !

Last edited by pandora174; 06-10-2014 at 06:51 PM..
Old 06-10-2014, 07:02 PM   #730
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
-2.2 130.6..enjoying the hotel and the flight was nice & easy. Staying on plan though I did have a few pieces of cracker with butter at dinner. Otherwise feel good overall. So last night I ordered my drops and I was all ready for a vanity round & try to stay in the 120's. Today I'm not so sure...

First I am thin !!! Second I am restless not in my food or WOE but in the 5:2 that it just feels like so much effort to just maintain...at the end of the day it's a few lbs and is that worth a round ?? I would like to re set my weight to say mid or even high 120's. I also would like to eat how I eat, keep track and just do a CD as needed and not 500 calories. I guess if 5:2 had me in the high 120's I wouldn't feel so resentful at times of the plan.

So going to relax for now. Friday do a full fat GY day and may do some alternating days of FF, moderate calories and GY and see if I can drop a few lbs to get me out of this funk. Then see if I can transition out of 5:2. If that doesn't work out then I will re visit the vanity round. If I do another round I want to do it for the right reasons and not because I am disatisfied with the 5:2 and over 2-4 lbs

I still may change my mind later on but want to try something less drastic and see if I can work my way out it. At this point even considering JUDDD for a few weeks is another option. Glad I can be honest with myself !
I get what you're saying. Have you tried doing a once a week gycd? That is becoming a maintenance thing for me. I s usually do it on Mondays, sometimes Tuesday, but they're so satisfying, filling, plenty of calories so it's not slowing my metabolism down and they're easy. Could you just do a once a week DD? Or the gycd? Just a thought. I agree, a whole round for only a few lbs isn't worth it. I worry my next round will ruin my stability, hoping not, but you never know. That would factor in for me too.

You're 130-132 most days. Would a week of m&e or ff get you to a lower range? I'm not sure you'll want to 5:2 to maintain whatever low weight you're shooting for anyway. If you're able to stick this weight while just eating intuitively yet controlled, it seems like a worthy option.

Whatever you decide, I'll support you . .
Old 06-10-2014, 07:15 PM   #731
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I get what you're saying. Have you tried doing a once a week gycd? That is becoming a maintenance thing for me. I s usually do it on Mondays, sometimes Tuesday, but they're so satisfying, filling, plenty of calories so it's not slowing my metabolism down and they're easy. Could you just do a once a week DD? Or the gycd? Just a thought. I agree, a whole round for only a few lbs isn't worth it. I worry my next round will ruin my stability, hoping not, but you never know. That would factor in for me too.

You're 130-132 most days. Would a week of m&e or ff get you to a lower range? I'm not sure you'll want to 5:2 to maintain whatever low weight you're shooting for anyway. If you're able to stick this weight while just eating intuitively yet controlled, it seems like a worthy option.

Whatever you decide, I'll support you . .
That's what I was doing before 5:2 I should of never stopped. I was thinking of that. Doing a full fat GY day on Fri. Enjoy Father's Day weekend & then next week start FF days to get low maybe 125 ish and get a cushion. Then to maintenan do some lc days mixed with moderate carbs to try and maintain 128-130 with a weekly full fat GY. I think the 2 500 calories days are what's messing things up for me.

Thanks Julie !! You understand my madness lol

Last edited by pandora174; 06-10-2014 at 07:18 PM..
Old 06-12-2014, 04:38 PM   #732
Major LCF Poster!

Back from my trip and I definitely had a fantastic trip. We ate at some of the best steak houses so I defintely enjoyed some great cuts of steak, some fantastic salads and appetizers and some amazing wine. One night 2 glasses & the next 1. Dessert I had one night but it was a very small though very good coconut bread pudding with a small piece of handmade chocolate with toasted coconut. I did enjoy a bit of bread and today for breakfast I had some toast with my breakfast.

Now time to transition back to on plan eating Not too bad. I am doing a full fat GY day tomorrow with berries. I know I have lots and lots of inflammation from the sodium since I am extremely thirsty and my belly is bloated. So not going to get on the scale tomorrow and just do my CD I mean why upset myself ? Then Saturday I plan a very clean day with no carbs and Sunday is Father's Day and we're taking hubby to a fancy restaurant for a brunch. So going to save my calories for the brunch and keep it low carb.

So next week Mon through Fri I will be doing my a few combination CD/FF to get down "hopefully" to a lower weight. Sat/Sun will be just clean low carb eating and making sure I take my fiber chewable. I don't have a specfic # in mind I want to reach since I just want to take it easy and see what happens and not set any expectations that may lead to disappointment if I don't reach it. I may try this experiment for the next week or 2 all depending on how I feel and my mood and what works or not and how I see the scale. I know the scale has got to be up a good 5 lbs but I do know it's not fat but water weight. Hope after my CD just to be where I was before (130-132) and by being careful this Sat/Sun hopefully start Monday no more than 133ish so I can then see an impact after a week of combo CD's. Then I will go back to my regular eating while keeping track of calories and doing a weekly full fat GY day to keep things in line. I hope to be able to transition out of 5:2 and maybe maybe see the 128-130 more vs 130-132. But we'll see and my first goal is lose this bloat, then lose a few lbs, then successfully transition out of 5:2 and just do my full fat GY as my go to CD vs the one I do now of 500 calories..

I also plan on going back to my exercise routine starting tomorrow. I also my drops and pellets in case of emergency lol

Last edited by pandora174; 06-12-2014 at 04:44 PM..
Old 06-13-2014, 09:18 AM   #733
Major LCF Poster!

So having a day with the family and while I wasn't going to weigh in I was too tempted...132.2 This is before my CD (not calling it a DD anymore). Now I take my calcium cleanse supplements because I was very very bloated and feelng miserable last night & that did kick in around 2 am But feel a big relief as to the scale. Now to not get complacent. Need to get back to my eating times and eating what I have planned. Vacation time is over lol

Now today stayed on plan with the full fat GY day as planned and OMG I forgot how amazing and delicious it is. It tasted like icecream to me. I so am not going back to the zero fat one. Now my concern is what if it doesn't work ? It just feels so decadent and rich. Also I did have a very big release last night to be polite about so it may not be the full fat GY's fault if it doesn't. But if anything it should help clean out any lingering cravings. I am still headachy and that may be the carbs or sugar.

Regardless tomorrow eating very clean and Sunday more low carb and mindful at the Father's Day brunch. Then Mon/Tues and maybe Wed a FF day. Thurs mindful eating and Friday another GY. So far just planning on one week of this experiment that if anything should re set my eating from the business trip and hopefully let me transtion out of 5:2 and keeping my fingers crossed under 130. But we'll see and again also very flexible. Now I am glad I did postone the vanity round since anyway my drops haven't arrived yet

Today will do my recumbent bike for the next few days until I build up my resistance and get on the treadmill again.

Last edited by pandora174; 06-13-2014 at 09:21 AM..
Old 06-13-2014, 09:24 AM   #734
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
So having a day with the family and while I wasn't going to weigh in I was too tempted...132.2 This is before my CD (not calling it a DD anymore). Now I take my calcium cleanse supplements because I was very very bloated and feelng miserable last night & that did kick in around 2 am But feel a big relief as to the scale. Now to not get complacent. Need to get back to my eating times and eating what I have planned. Vacation time is over lol

Now today stayed on plan with the full fat GY day as planned and OMG I forgot how amazing and delicious it is. It tasted like icecream to me. I so am not going back to the zero fat one. Now my concern is what if it doesn't work ? It just feels so decadent and rich. Also I did have a very big release last night to be polite about so it may not be the full fat GY's fault if it doesn't. But if anything it should help clean out any lingering cravings. I am still headachy and that may be the carbs or sugar.

Regardless tomorrow eating very clean and Sunday more low carb and mindful at the Father's Day brunch. Then Mon/Tues and maybe Wed a FF day. Thurs mindful eating and Friday another GY. So far just planning on one week of this experiment that if anything should re set my eating from the business trip and hopefully let me transtion out of 5:2 and keeping my fingers crossed under 130. But we'll see and again also very flexible. Now I am glad I did postone the vanity round since anyway my drops haven't arrived yet

Today will do my recumbent bike for the next few days until I build up my resistance and get on the treadmill again.
I know!, it's so tasty I never feel like I'm depriving myself!! I hope you get a nice drop from it! you're doing great. Good luck with your plans
Old 06-14-2014, 06:39 AM   #735
Major LCF Poster!

-1.4 to 130.8 with over 1300 calories so very pleased with those results ! I think it's right on the money since it's the range I get from my CD in the 130ish and considering that I did a cleanse and got rid of all the trip indulgence it's pretty respectable.

Now today eating clean and low carb. Being mindfull so while I anticipate a bounceback I am trying to keep it not too high. We'll see. Then Sunday is Father's Day and I am beginning to think hubby is not going to want to go out for brunch. He's been hemming about that it's too expensive & it's fancy so I have to see what he really wants and just go with that and not what he thinks I would like to do.

But I am pretty pleased so far that I was able to lose the indulgence gain and get back to where I was and I am finding myself more appreciative of where I am today. I find the urge to lose a few is sliding away. I think it's all because the GY day worked and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can transition out of 5:2. So next week will see how I feel and take it from there. Will probably still do an FF day or two and definitely next Friday a GY day but there is no urgency. May just decide to eat clean next week and see where I end up in regards to fluctuations and leave the GY day to Fridays only ?
Old 06-14-2014, 07:28 AM   #736
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
-1.4 to 130.8 with over 1300 calories so very pleased with those results ! I think it's right on the money since it's the range I get from my CD in the 130ish and considering that I did a cleanse and got rid of all the trip indulgence it's pretty respectable.

Now today eating clean and low carb. Being mindfull so while I anticipate a bounceback I am trying to keep it not too high. We'll see. Then Sunday is Father's Day and I am beginning to think hubby is not going to want to go out for brunch. He's been hemming about that it's too expensive & it's fancy so I have to see what he really wants and just go with that and not what he thinks I would like to do.

But I am pretty pleased so far that I was able to lose the indulgence gain and get back to where I was and I am finding myself more appreciative of where I am today. I find the urge to lose a few is sliding away. I think it's all because the GY day worked and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can transition out of 5:2. So next week will see how I feel and take it from there. Will probably still do an FF day or two and definitely next Friday a GY day but there is no urgency. May just decide to eat clean next week and see where I end up in regards to fluctuations and leave the GY day to Fridays only ?
Excellent!! So glad it went well!! That stuff is so yummy and so good for you!! Enjoy your weekend!!
Old 06-15-2014, 08:45 AM   #737
Major LCF Poster!

down -.8 to 130. Very strange since this is the first time I am down after a CD. It must be the full fat GY I also wonder if the 5:2 was just too low of a calorie count for me. I can't even recall the last time after a DD I got to 130 let alone after a regular day of eating 1500 calories ! Yesterday while I ate very clean I did have a Quest bar for breakfast and lunch & dinner were Argentinian sausage, chicken kakobs or NY Strip steaks. So while low carb not zero carb by any means. Also I did 33 minutes on my recumbent bike. Came in about 1500 calories, so very happy so far.

Today breakfast was another nuked Quest bar and hubby decided he didn't want to go out to eat. He prefers Chili's to go so I have to pick up lunch in a bit. I ordered salmon/steak combo for me with broccoli and salad and a side of sweet potato fries for later. Since I'm having such a big lunch we'll see if I'm hungry at dinner time and if I am I'm sure I'll have some left overs. Will also do my bike today as well.

Now for tomorrow. My original plan was to do some FF days either 2 or 3 and then followed by some low-moderate carb days & Fri a GY Day. For now I'm wondering if I should bother. But I bought the Brie cheese & mac nuts so I feel like I already spent the $ and both items are pricey...may just do the FF for 2 days since I don't want to be wasteful the darn Mac Nuts were almost $10 ! It'll be a little experiment if I can get down to 128-129. But making sure I keep it at 1200 calories since I don't want to restrict my calories any longer.

Now time to get hubby's food and spend the day watching movies and relaxing with the family. Tomorrow back to reality !

Last edited by pandora174; 06-15-2014 at 08:47 AM..
Old 06-16-2014, 08:24 AM   #738
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
down -.8 to 130. Very strange since this is the first time I am down after a CD. It must be the full fat GY I also wonder if the 5:2 was just too low of a calorie count for me. I can't even recall the last time after a DD I got to 130 let alone after a regular day of eating 1500 calories ! Yesterday while I ate very clean I did have a Quest bar for breakfast and lunch & dinner were Argentinian sausage, chicken kakobs or NY Strip steaks. So while low carb not zero carb by any means. Also I did 33 minutes on my recumbent bike. Came in about 1500 calories, so very happy so far.

Today breakfast was another nuked Quest bar and hubby decided he didn't want to go out to eat. He prefers Chili's to go so I have to pick up lunch in a bit. I ordered salmon/steak combo for me with broccoli and salad and a side of sweet potato fries for later. Since I'm having such a big lunch we'll see if I'm hungry at dinner time and if I am I'm sure I'll have some left overs. Will also do my bike today as well.

Now for tomorrow. My original plan was to do some FF days either 2 or 3 and then followed by some low-moderate carb days & Fri a GY Day. For now I'm wondering if I should bother. But I bought the Brie cheese & mac nuts so I feel like I already spent the $ and both items are pricey...may just do the FF for 2 days since I don't want to be wasteful the darn Mac Nuts were almost $10 ! It'll be a little experiment if I can get down to 128-129. But making sure I keep it at 1200 calories since I don't want to restrict my calories any longer.

Now time to get hubby's food and spend the day watching movies and relaxing with the family. Tomorrow back to reality !
excellent results!! So happy to read this!! I had a feeling it would go well for you! Do you usually have a rebound after ff? If not, then you might as well go for it and see what happens. I've still never tried the ff! That warning by dr Atkins haunts me and keeps me from trying it, I guess I have that as my last, last ditch effort to lose some weight one day.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:35 AM   #739
Major LCF Poster!

+1.2 to 131.2 but it's all good since I was definitely not low carb last night with the sweet potato fries, salad and broccoli from Chili's. I'm also sure it's sodium but I do not want to stay no carb-low carb so that being said it's a fairly small jump with exercise being thrown into the mix and less sleep from back to work.

Today and tomorrow doing an FF. For me the FF works to get me to a # that I've been before and re-set my hunger and eating but never to re-set my weight. I also do 1200 calories so I'm never really hungry. I do have about the same bounce back as a GY day. I just like the FF to give me a cushion and I then see for a few months my weight range eventually settles a bit lower. That being said Wednesday will eat cautiously and more low carb while Thursday more normal like I did Sunday. Then Friday a GY and that's it for this experiment as I am missing my berries and other seeds and such.

Next week will just eat normal and see what the scale says and so far leaning toward a weekly GY day every Friday. Focus is on eating clean and my foods while exercising every day 30 minutes even if it's the bike and not very strenous and stopping the calorie restrictions !

Last edited by pandora174; 06-16-2014 at 10:36 AM..
Old 06-17-2014, 05:10 AM   #740
Major LCF Poster!

+.4 131.6 and I knew by last night this was not going to be a successful FF. Before dinner I weighed in and I'm always over 2 lbs and I was on the right track to about 129ish for the morning weigh in. But I had a feeling by bedtime it wasn't working. First I was hungry later in the evening and that never happens so I should of just not caved but I ended up with more Brie and Mac Nuts. By the time I entered my calories I was over 1500 almost 1600 which is way too high for a FF. I usually do best with no more than 1200 and 1000 optimal. Then I ran out of Melatonin so I was tossing and turning all night and then at 2 am woke up hungry. So very little sleep.

I packed for another FF day so not sure what I want to do yet. May just bite the bullet and eat no more than 1200 calories and tomorow just eat clean. Going to be a long day ! Also tom is next week and that is also an indicator as to why the hungries.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:09 AM   #741
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
+.4 131.6 and I knew by last night this was not going to be a successful FF. Before dinner I weighed in and I'm always over 2 lbs and I was on the right track to about 129ish for the morning weigh in. But I had a feeling by bedtime it wasn't working. First I was hungry later in the evening and that never happens so I should of just not caved but I ended up with more Brie and Mac Nuts. By the time I entered my calories I was over 1500 almost 1600 which is way too high for a FF. I usually do best with no more than 1200 and 1000 optimal. Then I ran out of Melatonin so I was tossing and turning all night and then at 2 am woke up hungry. So very little sleep.

I packed for another FF day so not sure what I want to do yet. May just bite the bullet and eat no more than 1200 calories and tomorow just eat clean. Going to be a long day ! Also tom is next week and that is also an indicator as to why the hungries.
sorry it wasn't a better weigh in today, but hopefully you'll get that second day effect. The hunger is rough! If you're hungry, you did the right thing to eat...I'm working on learning to my body. It's not always a success, but I've learned that if I don't eat what I'm craving or when I'm hungry, it'll come back around and get me a different way. Hang in there and see how the rest of your week goes!
Old 06-18-2014, 01:06 PM   #742
Major LCF Poster!

down -.4 131.2 so not at all what I normally get from a FF but oh well. Done with that experiment. Probably since tom is set to come next week it may have something to do with it. But on the bright side FF also re-set my eating & cut any cravings. Today I noticed that big time. I spent the day at one of our service centers and that place is junk food central. I had lots of coffee and diet coke and a Quest bar for breakfast. Lunch was a skinny Cuban cobb salad 340 calories and I wasn't hungry. Got home and had one my Graze snacks that came in the mail 140 calories and dinner will be some cream cheese chicken left overs with some berries for dessert. Today is not a low carb day at all but more a lowish calorie day since I'm barely at 1000 calories. Tomorrow is an office pot luck but again I am sticking to healthy choices. Friday will do a full fat GY day and then let's see how next week goes with tom coming.

Today back to 30 minutes on the recumbent bike. Last week got in 2 workouts, this week aiming for 4 to 5x ! Feel "ok" with my current weight and just hope to be able to transition fully out of 5:2 before I really feel comfortable again with everything. Also I do realize that it may be 2 more weeks until after tom comes & goes before I see my real daily fluctuations. Patience and lots of GY
Old 06-19-2014, 04:56 AM   #743
Major LCF Poster!

+.6 to 131.8..ended up with about 1200 calories since I was hungry last night. TOM is also any day now so just focusing on eating clean and being positive. Yesterday while calories were not very high but net carbs were about 70. So happy that I am seeing smaller and more stable fluctuations so far. No changes so far other than a full fat GY day tomorrow and then next week regular eating next week with no changes.

This weekend relaxing and just hanging out with the family & no plans to do anything..
Old 06-19-2014, 07:48 AM   #744
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds good! It'll be great if your GY day drops you down a bit. Enjoy eating and living and see where you land. You sound good! Keep it up .
Old 06-19-2014, 10:48 AM   #745
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slimstuff
Pandora, your #'s are so steady. It's really good to see someone who is maintaining and occasionally having an indulgence. I really appreciate your steady journalling It keeps me feeling positive that I can also maintain. It is work but so worth it to feel so good!!
slimstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:24 PM   #746
Major LCF Poster!

+.2 132.0 but tom came this morning so pretty small bump and happy with that ! Anyway glad it will be over in a few days. I had planned for my full fat GY so stuck to that plan today. Probably will see very little if any drop tomorrow due to the inflammation from tom but hopefully after tom is gone I see a drop back to the low 130ish. Plan on eating clean but regular for the next few days. The key for next week is to not do anything just eat clean and on plan and do my exercise. Then on Friday do my GY day. I am so used to always doing something at least 2x a week so that will be be my biggest challenge. I need to see and get used to regular fluctuations now that I've transitioned out of 5:2 and see where the scale lands and that way I can "cross my fingers" not do any Friday GY unless I really 100 % need to do it.

Home early today but going to get my 3rd Claims Law book & test done so I can relax this weekend. Tomorrow we're just bbq'ing and watching movies. Sunday I may hit my local Marshalls and I need to plan for a quick July 4th family getaway. Thinking of Legoland FL which I think we'll all enjoy and it has a water park as well.

Last edited by pandora174; 06-20-2014 at 12:26 PM..
Old 06-20-2014, 12:28 PM   #747
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimstuff View Post
Pandora, your #'s are so steady. It's really good to see someone who is maintaining and occasionally having an indulgence. I really appreciate your steady journalling It keeps me feeling positive that I can also maintain. It is work but so worth it to feel so good!!
You're very welcome ! I think the journaling keeps me sane but also on track. I find it so important to get things out. People may think it's crazy but losing the weight was less work than maintaining the loss. Drop by any time ! I am here basically everyday
Old 06-21-2014, 08:03 AM   #748
Big Yapper!!!!

Hope you're doing well and have a great weekend!
Old 06-21-2014, 08:59 AM   #749
Major LCF Poster!

-1.2 130.8 so happy with this morning's weighin particularly with the first 2 days of tom. Also the same weight I've been the last 3 Saturdays 130.6/130.8/130.8 so I am cross my fingers starting to feel I've transitioned out of 5:2. Next week is really important because I do not plan on doing any correction days until next Friday when I'll do my full fat GY.

Just going to eat normal, exercise when I can, drink my water and try not to eat after 6 pm and make sure I get in my sleep with an occasional detox bath. My next goal is to not do any GY day unless I go over 133 or I just sometimes tend to crave it and will do it then. Just gong with the flow. Still entering my foods in an app but it's more for accountability since I do not look at macros at all.

Booked out July 4th getaway. The FL resident annual passes were actually cheaper since we're going for 3 days $129 per person and we can go to both Legoland and the water park next door + free parking and 10 % on shopping/dining. I wanted us to stay nearby and booked a Holiday Inn Express king suit for $119 which comes with free breakfast buffet and free wi-fi & parking. Also has a fridge & microwave so I can pick up drinks, snacks & just splurge on dinner. Not really planning on this but we had such a good time when we went to Universal. DS didn't touch a video game and we just rode everything and spent so much time together and just enjoying each others company.. no arguing or complaining, just so much fun...so it's worth every penny
Old 06-22-2014, 08:46 AM   #750
Major LCF Poster!

sts 130.8 which is really surprising particularly with tom and that by my calculations I had aout 1700 calories yesterday with 40 net carbs. I am expecting a bounceback since tomorrow back to work and about 3 hours less sleep. But what I see so far is that my crazy fluctuations even when I ate under my calories was the 5:2 and now I am seeing more stability..so keeping my fingers crossed until next week and I feel more secure in this new WOE.

I also have been doing my exercises. The last 2 weeks it's been 2x for 30 minutes but hoping this week I can increase it to at least 3 to 4x. Still been keeping it light with only my recumbent bike and stretching. May add the treadmill back in.

I was seriously stressing the scale last night and thinking all crazy thoughts since I am so used to bi weekly CD. It's very difficult to just stay on plan and just do nothing ! But I have my top # of 133 that regardless I will do a GY day, for now sticking to Friday GY since that does give me that clean feeling and re sets my eating. May ultimately go to no CD unless I hit that top # but for now that may be too much too soon.

Still have my back up drops in my nightstand that gives me a security blanket in case of emergency or if I do want to try and re-set my weight lower.

Now to plan meals for the rest of the week. I made some beef stew with collard greens. I also have ham/eggs/tuna/salad fixings/salmon burgers/zucchini/shrimp and ground buffalo. So I'm pretty set for the next week or two and may only need to get more berries.

Been thinking about our upcoming trip and what to do. On 5:2 it was easy because I would just do a 500 calorie day before and after. Now not so sure but just leaning toward a GY day on the day we come back to make sure I'm on track. Going to eat on plan and basically lc but will allow indulgences if I'm in the mood. I'm hoping all the walking helps to offset any indulgence.

Last edited by pandora174; 06-22-2014 at 08:48 AM..