Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2014, 03:10 PM   #691
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/130-134/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
+1.6 133.0 so had my bounce up but knew it was coming since this is tom week. Oh well today doing my GY DD as planned. Very hectic day since I had all day training at the office but at least it involved no travel since it was at my location. No time for breakfast so lunch and dinner only. Barely came in at 350 in calories so today is not to be repeated calorie wise.

Thankfully DS just needed an adjustment in his meds so keeping my fingers crossed it takes care of his issues at school but doesn't have a big effect on his appetite.

Super hectic week since I need to pack for all of us between tomorrow and Wednesday. Then have everything ready so DH can just put it in the trunk and we can leave after DS gets out of school and I get off an hour early from work. Really Really looking forward to this vacation and having some family fun time !

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2014, 05:32 AM   #692
Major LCF Poster!

-2.2 to 130.8 (seems I keep seeing that # a lot) Regular day for me and will hit the treadmill today and tomorrow and then Fri/Sat/Sun my exercise will be doing lots and lots of walking in Orlando.

Focus these next few days is drinking in my water and trying to not stress so much. Last night even with melatonin I woke up and could get back to sleep so today hope that gets better. Too much thinking !

Busy busy day but it's OK
Old 05-21-2014, 05:34 AM   #693
Major LCF Poster!

+1.2 132 and waiting for tom to come. Hopefully it gets here later but I get the feeling it will come right before I leave on vacation..oh well.. Need to keep focused on my calories since yesterday I barely broke 1500 but not going to stress. Too much to do ! After DS homework and I had dinner I was packing and getting ready for the trip for 2 1/2 hours. Next thing I knew it was 9:15 pm so after a quick shower I was exhausted & just went to bed. No time to hit that treadmill. Today I need to stay at least 30 minutes late at work, then rush home and get DS homework done. Still have tons to do at home before the trip particularly since hubby will be packing the car without me since I'm at work on Thursday. So I need to leave him checklists or he will forget Need to make sure hubby's meds are packed and make sandwiches for DS for the road. Make sure all the million gadgets we seem to need and their chargers are packed and get our kitties settled as well + the toiletries + water and snacks etc etc. So much stuff for 3 people ! Lord help me if I forget DS blanket and pillow or he won't sleep and I will never hear the end of it.

Can't wait to be on the road Thursday afternoon and since it's a DD it will make things easier. Then Friday I can wake up and enjoy a big bacon and egg breakfast

Last edited by pandora174; 05-21-2014 at 05:35 AM..
Old 05-22-2014, 05:53 AM   #694
Major LCF Poster!

+1.0 133.0 but I know it's tom since it's any day now. But still within my high range and exactly where I am usually when at the top of this range. So it's OK. Tend to think that the day I saw 135 on 5/5 it was the scale but thankfully it has not been repeated since (knock on wood). So with tom coming I will take it ! Doing a DD today and then leaving work a bit early so we can get to Orlando by 7 pm or so and relax and swim in the hotel I found on Priceline for 1 night before we check in tomorrow at the resort !

No weigh in's until I come back and will have a DD under my belt so just hoping to be within my comfy range of 130-131 after that DD. If not then I'll correct or tweak as needed.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:03 AM   #695
Major LCF Poster!

Got tom Oh well a part of me is happy because it makes being at the top of my range pretty darn good for full blown tom. But jeez on the first day of my vacation !! Oh well lots of PMS Midol for me then
Old 05-22-2014, 03:58 PM   #696
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hope you have a blast on your vacation!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:28 AM   #697
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Enjoy Orlando!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:48 PM   #698
Major LCF Poster!

What a wonderful first day ! Yesterday hubby picked me up from work early after he had gotten DS from school. We headed to Orlando and stayed at a Doubletree Hilton for 1 night. DS swam in the pool hubby and I hit the hot tub. I did a DD and managed to stick to it ! Next morning we went to a breakfast buffet and I did enjoy myself but stuck to fruits, eggs, bacon etc. Then we checked into the Portofino Bay resort which is amazing ! Headed to Universal Orlando and did everything we wanted to since we had express passes. But the food was pretty bad in the parks so I just stuck to water & Diet Coke. Back to the hotel & had an apple & Quest bar and we did the pool. Dinner was at this amazing Italian restaurant and I did have about 2 pieces of their homemade bread and the best filet with veggies ever !! No dessert so overall did really well food wise. Lots of walking and we are having a terrific time. Staying on property makes it so much more relaxing and enjoyable.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:36 PM   #699
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like a blast!!
Old 05-25-2014, 02:41 PM   #700
Major LCF Poster!

Last night at the hotel. Must say we truly had a wonderful time ! In regards to food I truly have been really good considering. The last 2 meals I did have a piece of bread or 2 but only if it was amazing. No desserts other than a bite of hubby's Oreo cheesecake. Must say that the Quest bars and apples were lifesavers when I needed a healthy treat or didn't have time for breakfast like this morning. I did have some roasted almonds at the park today that I know had sugar but hey in the big scheme of things much better choice that what was around me

Tomorrow is a DD and doing a Quest bar day and then Tuesday will see what the scale says. If it's within my comfy range then all is well otherwise will do a FF day or maybe a full fat GY day to get back in range. But feel good that I can vacation and enjoy myself while eating healthy and on plan. Not necessarily low carb but "real food/healthy food". I do realize that unless I want to come back to strict dieting and guilt I just need to eat healthy. If I am over I know it's from lack of water though I did my best in that department and so much walking I must have some inflammation.

Anyways I enjoyed eating at some great restaurants and trying some amazing meals that I just had them substitute veggies or salad for the pasta or potatoes that comes with everything it seems.

Hoping the scale is kind on Tuesday morning but if not I have my back up plans. Regardless the time we spent as a family riding all the rides and getting closer is priceless.

Last edited by pandora174; 05-25-2014 at 02:42 PM..
Old 05-25-2014, 02:47 PM   #701
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you! I'm sure you did great. So glad you could do that family thing... what did you think of Universal? Did you spend the whole 3 days there?
Old 05-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #702
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Good for you! I'm sure you did great. So glad you could do that family thing... what did you think of Universal? Did you spend the whole 3 days there?
We did spend the whole 3 days at Universal and really loved it. I think DS is old enough to enjoy the rides now. What made the trip truly relaxing was staying at the resort. We would wake up, take the elevator & then stroll to the marina and get on a water taxi and would be at Universal in minutes. The water taxis come every 15 minutes. The resort always had Italian music playing and is so beautiful and just makes you feel like you are truly At 7 pm each night they have opera singers singing

Once at the parks the best perk is Express pass so every ride other than the Harry Potter has a separate entrance for Express pass so most rides we walked on or if the line was over an hour we waited 15 minutes !! So we were able to do rides in no time and do literally every single ride we wanted to. Gave us plenty of time to do the restaurants we wanted and swim in the pool, relax in the hotel etc. Not the hectic pace we are used to. Also gets us in the restaurants ahead of everyone as well. So we were never rushed or stressed. They even had a deli so one night I didn't want to do a sit down restaurant and was able to get DS a pizza, myself a gourmet cheese plate and antipasti salad and hubby a cheesecake and a chicken parm. All prepared fresh in front of us and packed to go for our room. It was pricey but really the best vacation we've had in a long time.

The rides were amazing and we are all still talking about the Harry Potter ride. We loved the Simpson and the Despicable Me ride was super cute. We also loved the Spiderman, Transformer ride and DS and hubby rode the Hulk rollercoaster. So worth every penny.

Last edited by pandora174; 05-26-2014 at 02:26 PM..
Old 05-26-2014, 04:49 PM   #703
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds great! I had no idea it was so big. We went to Universal in Calif. years ago & it wasn't near as much of an amusement park. Is it connected with Universal Studio? We enjoyed Disney Land in Florida a few years back. Orlando is 'fun land' isn't it!?
Old 05-26-2014, 05:05 PM   #704
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sounds great! I had no idea it was so big. We went to Universal in Calif. years ago & it wasn't near as much of an amusement park. Is it connected with Universal Studio? We enjoyed Disney Land in Florida a few years back. Orlando is 'fun land' isn't it!?
There are 2 parks Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. Then they have City Walk for restaurants and shopping. Both parks are pretty large but we were able to ride everything in 2 days and go back to do some things we missed on the 3rd day. Not as big as Magic Kingdom in Disney though.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:16 AM   #705
Major LCF Poster!

from my last weigh in -2.4 to 130.6 which puts me within my happy range & -.2 less than my most frequent 130.8. So all is well & I don't need to do another CD today . Just regular eating and will try to get on that treadmill today to keep up with all the walking I did in Orlando. At least I am much happier with my current WOE and maintenance and not having the diet urges I was having a few weeks ago.

Now back to work and all it's craziness !
Old 05-27-2014, 06:35 AM   #706
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's so great!! Have a great day!
Old 05-27-2014, 08:32 AM   #707
Big Yapper!!!!

Wonderful!! delightful, fun weekend, great eating and lots of walking and you're right where you want to be! now that's living life to the fullest!! WTG!! enjoy it!
Old 05-28-2014, 05:18 AM   #708
Major LCF Poster!

+1.6 132.2. I was going to not weigh in until after my DD's but decided to just bite the bullet and take a peek this morning. I do notice that I am happier in general when I only weigh in after my DD's but I'm not sure if I can resist the temptation. Will see how I feel tomorrow and if it's still bothering me the fluctuations or I see my old dieting mentality creeping back in then I will only weigh in after my DD's. I do notice I am a bit more relaxed and much more accepting of my current weight and WOE when I only weigh in after DDs. When on vacation and business travel the only difference in those days vs everyday life is no daily weigh-ins and ony weigh in after my DDs. Not seeing those fluctuations up seems to have a big impact on how I feel about how I am doing, how I feel about my weight and how I feel about my WOE. I've tried to change that about myself but it seems it is what is kinda thing and I have to accept that about myself.

So really tired yesterday I guess all the walking and sun caught up with me. Also since now I am back from vacation all the work responsibility is hitting me. Today feel better and will do my exercise and regular eating today and tomorrow with a GY DD on Friday. Then this weekend will make some time to see a movie with the family and need to get in some work for the work program I'm in.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:44 AM   #709
Big Yapper!!!!

Regardless of the fluctuations, you look great! Cute avi pic, btw. You're living well and stable. That's truly remarkable. Take a minute to look back at where you started and where you solidly are today. That's definitely something to celebrate!
Old 05-29-2014, 06:25 AM   #710
Major LCF Poster!

sts 132.2. I think I am going to give myself a break this week and just take it easy on myself and my expectations. Work has just been insane with the volume and all the extra things I do for my developement plan at work. This week I come home, do what I need to for the family and just pass out on the couch and then wake up for a bit and watch some tv with hubby and then bed time.

This weekened I need to complete 2 law books and the tests ! I know that is also adding to my stress. So I'll just get through this week and focus on exercise next week and just take it one day at a time. This morning I woke up with an upset stomach whch I'm sure is from so much stress so I need to be a bit more kind to myself

Tonight we have DS honor assembly where I know he got at least one medal so I want to enjoy that as much as possible. Today eating regular and tomororw my DD. Saturday and Sunday need to just get this work thing over and done with so next week I can lessen my stress.

Now back to the grindstone
Old 05-29-2014, 06:50 AM   #711
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like a very good plan! Hope things calm down.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:03 AM   #712
Major LCF Poster!

STS 132.2 been pretty stable so it's all good. Doing a DD today and leaving work a bit early and hoping to tackle the first law book. Tomorrow squeezing in a long over due mani/pedi and need to return some things at Kohls. Not sure if DS is having a play date and if so will just keep at the books until I'm done with both. The weekend will just keep eating the same and will get back on that treadmill on Saturday and Sunday.

Next week very hectic with work (which seems to be the norm now) but DS finishes school so I shouldn't really see any homework. Want to spend lots of time with the family the following weekend and relax since I have to travel for work 6/10 through 6/12. Am taking off Friday 6/13 to hang out with the family a bit now that DS will be out of school.

Very proud of DS he got 2 awards for Technology & Spelling/Vocabulary ! This is so awesome for him particularly with his adhd and how he struggled with school before. Every time I have qualms about him being in the Academy (special ed) vs a regular classroom days like yesterday remind me we made the right choice for him. Seeing how happy and proud he was makes it all worth while. How he has friends now that he can relate to and not think he is the annoying kid is such a huge relief

Happy Friday !
Old 05-31-2014, 10:01 AM   #713
Major LCF Poster!

down -2.0 to 130.2 which is the lowest I've been in a while after a DD. So all good. Last night I got done the first law book and passed the test with an Excellent but then I got cocky and instead of giving it a break I dove into the 2nd book, rushed and didn't pass the 2nd test. Oh well no biggie I just need to wait 3 days to re-take the 2nd test. So Monday I'll re take it and I will be done with that so it will be a big monkey off my back

Today got my nails done and then got a call that DS best friend from school is coming over. So short notice and scrambled home and cleaned and now waiting for an impromptu play date with the ensuing small talk with the boy's mother for Lord know how many hours. All I wanted to do was come home, get in my jammies and bbq some steaks with the family and watch a movie. Now breakfast & lunch were 2 Quest bars instead of some steaks... Oh well DS is of course escatic since he has wanted his friend to come over to play video games since the school year started and that's what matters most. Of course hubby with his anxiety will escape upstairs and watch TV in bed until he gets the all clear. Keeping my fingers crossed she drops off her son off and at least I can relax a bit more but I doubt it. Oh well...

At least I'm well well within my comfy range

Last edited by pandora174; 05-31-2014 at 10:05 AM..
Old 06-01-2014, 10:30 AM   #714
Major LCF Poster!

+1.6 131.8. Feeling good so far these last few days. Yesterday DS school best friend came over and I met his mom and we chatted for about 45 minutes and then she left. So DS and his friend played and played till about 7:30 pm when his mom picked him up. There are no kids in our family so it's a rare treat for him to play with kids his own age and he enjoys it so much. Makes me sad that this can't be an everyday thing for him. But he made a good friend but unfortunately his friend may not stay at the same school next year. Hopefully they can still stay in touch and we can have more play dates.

Today ran around and did some quick errands and we are barbecuing now. Will do some type of exercise today because this last week I was just not into it. Tomorrow is a DD and I need to finish the 2nd test and law book. Tuesday we have an all day work meeting which are just mentally dranining and at night DS has a talent show at his school that he's singing in with his class so I have a busy busy week.

But overall feel pretty good mood wise. I am enjoying my WOE and while I am keeping track of calories it's only to make sure they are not so low. I do need to get back into my exercise routine but one day at a time.

Last edited by pandora174; 06-01-2014 at 10:31 AM..
Old 06-01-2014, 07:09 PM   #715
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like a good time was had! How old is your DS? Sounds kind of like my nephew... his brother is autistic, so its like not having any siblings & hard to have friends over these days. He's just 12.
Glad you're feeling good!
Old 06-02-2014, 05:25 AM   #716
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sounds like a good time was had! How old is your DS? Sounds kind of like my nephew... his brother is autistic, so its like not having any siblings & hard to have friends over these days. He's just 12.
Glad you're feeling good!
DS is 11 and everyone is always busy and since there are no kids at all in our family the only friends he makes are at school or online. So when he makes an actual friend is a rare treat and that makes me sad.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:32 AM   #717
Major LCF Poster!

+1.0 132.8 and doing my DD today. Feeling overall better with the fluctuations ups and down as long as I see my 130ish on my DD I feel pretty good. Today rushing home & keeping my fingers crossed DS has no homework so I can finish my legal book. Then tomorrow another tough day since all day work meeting, rush home again keep my fingers crossed for no homework and we have DS talent show at school in the evening . Even Wednesday isn't any easier since I have to review for a work thing on Thursday. In this career development program I am in I had to review and grade 2 co-worker's files and then on Thursday give her feedback as to her strengths and opportunities in front of my mentor So not a lot of prep work but I need to write out my thoughts and prepare a bit so hopefully should take me about an hour or less.

Keeping on track eating wise, trying to sleep and keep my stress as low as possible but with all the extra craziness I just need to make time for exercise. Let's see when I can squeeze in 20-30 minutes. I'm thinking maybe Wed/Thurs and then definitely over the weekend.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:55 AM   #718
Major LCF Poster!

-1.0 to 131.8 but I am ovulating so I tend to retain more water and I know I didn't drink enough last night since I was working on my law stuff for work. But it's all good. I am done with the 2 books and passed both tests with a score of Excellent on each. So I am very relieved and don't have to do the next book until July. Probably get it done and over with in about 2 weeks so I don't procrastinate.

May need to stay a bit late today at work so not sure if we are going to make it to DS talent show but we'll see. He's really all not that into it since he has a bit of stage fright but I'll how he feels and then decide.

Food wise and WOE on plan and happy with the 5:2. Not changing anything and not stressing over food which is always a good thing. I tend to skim the diet boards but not go to into them since I know that triggers the "diet mentality" for me and sparks that little voice that always wants to go lower.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:53 AM   #719
Major LCF Poster!

+1 to 132.8. Crazy day yesterday with the meeting running from 9 to 4 pm. Only option was fruit and regular salad since everything else was pasta and bread & cookies. But did not indulge and felt good about my choices. Still really really tired but today told myself to just start off easy and do my recumbent bike for 20 minutes and then ease back into my exercise routine. Just so tired that I am hoping getting back to some type of exercise routine again gets me going when I get home.

Doing a PH (potato hack day) and really because I had 3 large Idaho potatoes in the fridge that I didn't want to go bad combined with my crockpot breaking (new one arrives today) and didn't want to cook or de- frost anything so - potato hack day !

Tomorrow a regular day followed by a DD on Friday. My main goal this week is to get back to my exercise routine and relax this weekend !! Going to the movies and to eat out with the family on Saturday. Then Sunday after I sleep in I want to pack and have everyting ready since I fly to Tampa Tuesday very early in the morning. Next Monday will be a DD and then Friday.

Been contemplating again about only weighing in after DD only but let's see how I feel after next week to decide. I just notice that it gets me a bit down when I see a fluctuation up particularly like yesterday that I made all the right choices and saw an up. I know I know it's just a regular fluctuation but it is what it is. So will re-assess if I do feel better after DD weigh in's. Then why put myself through daily weigh in's ? If no matter how many times I tell myself the scale is a tool I just can't detach my feelings to that number. So my plan if I can stick to it is if after my 2nd DD I don't like the scale then at that point monitor more closely or change something up. Seems like a reasonable plan but we'll see if I can stick to it. Again not even going to attempt to try this until next weekend..

Last edited by pandora174; 06-04-2014 at 05:55 AM..
Old 06-05-2014, 05:29 AM   #720
Major LCF Poster!

-.4 132.4 so the PH was successful & while I wasn't looking for a loss since I am sure I will be up tomorrow I like the idea of changing things around. I am hoping it helps a bit with fluctuations but let's see since it was only 1 day. But I did enjoy those cold potatoes so I wonder what that says ? Keep my body guessing and it seems when I do this things work out for the better. So today a regular day for me and tomorrow a DD. This weekend also regular days with Monday a DD and then travel until I return Thursday late in the afternoon. Then Friday a DD. After next weekend will re-assess my daily weigh ins or if things will continue as is.