Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2014, 06:41 AM   #661
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/130-134/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
down -.8 131.0, back to regular eating Fri. through Sunday. May just do no carb on my DD for Monday and give my GY days a break for a bit. Leaving at 2 pm from work today (a perk that if you meet your closures for the week). Going to head to Kohls and get a little baby gift for our niece's baby that we're going to see today. No exercise today since we're going later today to see the baby but if I do it Sat. & Sun I'll still get to my 5x a week goal.

Trying to keep my focus on what's important and not the scale. I feel fine energy and mood wise; clothes fit fine; bathrooom issues are gone; skin much more clear. Funny because when I got home yesterday I noticed my pants fit fine (flat-no tire around the middle) and they were a size 4 (usually I prefer a size 6 for every day work week since I like them looser & only break out the size 4 for after DDs or for meetings or certain outfilts ). So even if I don't think my exercising is a big deal it has to be the exercise. Seems it is keeping me tighter overall but has me on the higher end of my range on the scale.

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2014, 08:30 AM   #662
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ElizabethLC
Stats: 218.5/150.5/150s
Start Date: July 2008
Hi Pandora! Stopping by to say hi. Yay, it's Friday!

Quote:
It's not easy.. takes a lot of talking to myself (in my head) and writing in this journal to see things through.
This is one of the major benefits of journaling I think. We can really work stuff out.

Quote:
Trying to keep my focus on what's important and not the scale. I feel fine energy and mood wise; clothes fit fine; bathroom issues are gone; skin much more clear.
I think these are the types of things we have to look at in maintenance! The scale is going to fluctuate. I don't know if any human weighs the exact same thing every day. Even people who don't have a weight problem still have the fluctuations on the scale. So, as long as we are within whatever weight range we have chosen, we can focus on all the other benefits to keep us motivated, like health markers and feeling comfortable and so on. I.e., if I'm springing out of bed, feeling great, zipping up my pants with ease, lots of energy/positivity, have great health markers at the doctor's office.. why would I want to change that? No way Jose.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #663
Major LCF Poster!

+1.0 132 but time for a new scale. I have been noticing lately it gives me a lower # for a split second before the actual steady # comes out. Well today I paid attention and it was 130.6 then the steady # was 132.8. Then I decided to weigh my cat 13 lbs by the way and then stepped on without the cat and it stayed at 132.0. So decided to get a new scale that gives me the body fat percentage which I've been wanting anyway. Good to keep track of water fluctuations. I'm thinking it will help me be less focused on the actual # if I see that it's water weight but fat % is the same or going down. Ordered from Amazon and it'll be here on Tuesday so let's see...

Unfortunately we couldn't see my husband's niece's new baby yesterday since they did not reply to our text as to when we could pass by. My hubby's family is strange to be polite but in my book that's just rude but oh well. Today I promised DS that we're going to see the new Spiderman movie and hubby wants to eat Cuban food. I was thinking of getting a nice grilled flattened chicken breast with salad and fried plantain. They also have a shredded chicken fried with onions so not sure. Just staying away from rice, beans, desserts and anything breaded.

Today hoping to do the treadmill and take a detox bath. It's been a week since I had one and want to relax this weekend. Also starting oil pulling. I have the coconut oil and tried it this morning. Not as bad as I was fearing and if I just get the oral benefits (teeth whitening and I've had a bit of gum bleeding the last few weeks) it will be worth it. Can't hurt to try it and see. The thing is to not think about it and stay busy and not swallow lol ! This morning I made breakfast for my family, got the vitamins out, fed the cat and the time was up. May need to keep the oil next to me on work days since I can wash my face, put my contacts in, get dressed and the time will be up before I come downstairs. I can always brush my teeth in the downstairs bathroom.

Last edited by pandora174; 05-03-2014 at 09:05 AM..
Old 05-04-2014, 09:59 AM   #664
Major LCF Poster!

+1.4 to 133.4..same numbers that's I've been seeing on my UP days. I did try 4:3 this week and it really didn't do a difference on the scale but I did feel thinner and my clothes were overall looser. May just keep it in on holiday weeks or post vacation weeks. It's just another tool that I can use in maintenance.

I'm at the point in maintenance that I have no new # to goal weight to reach. So while I can't say in all honesty I am comfortable completely with food and eating I feel like all I want is to just maintain, keep healthy, have my clothes fit, exercise, feel good and have a good relationship with food. No one but me knows the number on the scale and as long as my clothes fit the same I do not have my morning weigh in flashing over my head in neon as I walk around That's why I hope the fancier scale will help me see that as well.

So as long as I see that I'm in my range on DDs it's fine. Sure I want to see 128-130 more on a daily basis but realistically I am seeing 130-131 on my DDs. So unless I want to do something drastic is it really worth it for me to stress myself ? I'm going to keep mixing things up with 4:3/ FF/M&E/occasional lc days or high carb days etc etc. Keeps things interesting and I also become less ocd about a specific WOE. I just don't want to get to the point I see some of my fellow dieters do in that they do round after round to see lower #'s that our bodies just won't accept. They don't give maintenance a fair shake and are on endless rounds. I don't think that's good for our metabolism or our mental wellness.

I'm also not going to stop weighing in everyday. I tried that and I didn't see an improvement one way or another about my mental thing with the scale. I do feel the only way I will accept the scale as a tool and lessen my stress is to get over my fear/love of it. Weighing in less doesn't do that since those 2 weigh in's become even more important in my mind vs every day weighing in kwim ? I am getting better at accepting my fluctuations and that it does not equate to fat.

Anyway, yesterday had a really nice family day. We saw the new Spiderman movie and I had a particularly skinny day. It's weird but all dieters have these days that you just "feel" thin and you're pants are just looser and that was me yesterday. The movie was great and then we went to eat at a Cuban restaurant and the food was fantastic. Very low sodium, more modern in their approach. I ate and enjoyed myself and did not stress We had Cuban nachos which are shredded pork, cilantro, shredded mozzarela on plantains vs chips (very light tasting). Dinner was shredded chicken on a mango sauce. Skipped the rice and beans but did enjoy the fried plantains and some of DS fries that were amazing ! No dessert or bread or beans or rice. But we had a great time, talked and laughed and relaxed.

Today a regular day and tomorrow back to routine and a DD which I think it will be a Quest bar day again Got home too late so no exercise last night but today will make it up on the treadmill for 3x this week which is ok. As long as I keep exercise as part of a healthy lifestyle I'm happy and not going to beat myself up over 3x vs 5x.

Last edited by pandora174; 05-04-2014 at 10:09 AM..
Old 05-04-2014, 03:20 PM   #665
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Good musings. You & I are much the same in wt. & relationship to the scale. I like to weigh daily as well, but am not obsessed with it. Keeps me accountable to myself & focused. I know its different for everyone, but its what works for me.
The Cuban food sounds interesting. I'll have to look for some next time we go south.
Have a great Sunday!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:53 AM   #666
Major LCF Poster!

+2.2 to 135.6 a big woah there ! It's a DD regardless. Not sure if it's the scale or what but while I'm not going to stress it I am going to take care of it . I did take a mental step back to re-assess. Let's see : I did not over eat or eat off plan yesterday. I did exercise on the treadmill and did get in a nice work out. It's been about 3 days since I exercised so there is that. I am ovulating since I was extremely crampy and had a very bad backache on Saturday & I always go up when I ovulate. I also know I did not sleep well last night and barely got in 5 hours. I know I am bloated since I was very gassy last night and I do feel the difference this morning in my pants. So while I know it's not fat but I also need to take care of it.

So after my DD today will see where the scale lands me and how my clothes fit tomorrow. May do an FF day or try an egg day until back in my range. Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight and that should help as well.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:04 AM   #667
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
It sounds more like your scale is unreliable than anything else. Are you getting a new one? Good job assessing and taking steps to address it without overreacting. you're doing just fine .
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:52 AM   #668
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
It sounds more like your scale is unreliable than anything else. Are you getting a new one? Good job assessing and taking steps to address it without overreacting. you're doing just fine .
I think I am up but maybe not as much as the scale says. My new scale arrives Tuesday so I should be weighing in on Wednesday. So far leaning toward tomorrow an FF day or egg day and then eat normal on Wed. and Thurs and do a DD on Friday. We'll see how I feel tomorrow morning.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:15 AM   #669
Major LCF Poster!

- 1.8 to 133.8. Today decided to do a FF day with brie cheese & mac nuts. Wed. and Thurs. may just do 2 moderate calorie days and but not necessarily lc just keep it under 1200. Friday will do a DD and I am missing my GY so will do that. Sat. and Sun. regular eating. Sunday am going to relax and enjoy myself for my Mother's day lunch at the Brazilian steak house. Monday will do a DD and then I am travelling Tues & Wed so no weigh in but will eat my snacks or as on plan as possible. Today will do my recumbent bike and will try and get in exercise the next 3 days in a row.

Still not sure about the bouncing up and still analyzing it. I'm not really eating anything I haven't eaten in the last year or so. My energy is fine, mood is good, bathroom issues resolved and my skin is much more clear. But all being said I am not happy on the higher end of my range. It is what it is but it's not something I like. So I have 2 scenarios as to why I keep bouncing up so high compared to before. First it's 5:2 that on the low calorie DD my glycogen gets so depleted and then when I eat normal even if on plan and careful I will bounce up. I noticed particularly this week when I did 3 DD. My bounce up yesterday was the highest ever. But I can't say for 100 % certainty since I had that scale issue. So since my new scale arrives today will give it another week or so and see what happens by the end of say next week.

My second scenario is for the last few months I had constant contipation issues (I mean on and off for a year). So I was taking constant remedies, teas, supplements & even over the counter laxatives when things got really bad etc which essentially were having constant laxative effects on my system. I was never going normal (sorry for tmi). For the last month or month & a half I had those issues resolved and no more constant loose stools, in other words normal bm. So was the lower weight just water/dehydration from constant loose stools and now this is my true weight ?

So what I think I will do is keep mixing things up for now. I really don't mind the 5:2 and I feel less stress on it when it comes to eating. The only only thing that bothers me is being on the high end of my range. So still debating what or when or if to do something. I have 3 events coming up that stop me from doing something else right now. I have a business trip 5/13 & 5/14. Then we are in Orlando on vacation 5/23 to 5/25 for vacation. My next business trip after is 6/11 & 6/12. I know for me I need to be able to eat "my foods" when I travel otherwise I stress too much. After that I don't go out of town until September.

Deep down I am leaning more toward 5:2 being the culprit and the lows are just too low for me. But I am not sure how to transition out of 5:2 and with those events coming up I don't want to change my WOE too drastically. When or if I make changes I need to be focused and mentally prepared when I make those type of choices. Last time I transitioned out of 5:2 successfully I did it with lc but again I worry about the stomach/digestive issues.

So, I have 3 plans right now brewing in my head. 1) Either do strict lc for a week or 2 and then reintroduce good carbs. That worries me if it will trigger my stomach/digestive issues. But if I take my sf fiber chewables I seem to be ok in that department (I think). That plan seems also doable even when travelling. 2) My other plan is to keep things as is and what I'm doing right now. Keep mixing things up. Keep doing the 5:2 and eating my foods and exercising. If I see the high end just do what I'm doing now with other corrections and hope things settle down like last month. Not jump to a fix and ride things out. 3) If after June I see no matter what I am constantly at the higher end or above of my range then do a short round of hHCG . Get off the 5:2 and transition to lc on P3 and then my on plan foods in P4. See if that re-sets my weight to the lower end of my happy range.

I feel better that I have options. When I think about what I really want to do honestly it's option 2 and hope things balance out again. I just don't want to change my WOE right now too drastically. I have alot of things coming up. I think by June around Father's day weekend is a fair enough time to re-assess if I need to do something. I also am having a bad week and have enough perspective that Saturday which was only 4 days ago I was having a "skinny day" even though I was 132 on the scale

Last edited by pandora174; 05-06-2014 at 05:22 AM..
Old 05-06-2014, 08:05 AM   #670
Big Yapper!!!!

I like option 2 best. Mostly because I think you intuitively know what will work best for you, and how you'll live life and stay in range more naturally. I think when the new scale arrives you will be pleasantly surprised!

Hang in there, keep it clean and enjoy that lunch on Sunday!! That's what I want to do for Mother's Day, but the ones here are $60/person!! not sure we can swing that!
Old 05-07-2014, 06:19 AM   #671
Major LCF Poster!

down -1.8 to 132 and back in my range though still at the top but it's better than being over. That being said my clothes fit fine, wearing my size
4s and I even got a compliment on how thin I looked today. Tried the new scale vs the old and there is between a .6 to .8 difference and even that fluctuates. So I do know I had some prior scale issues. The new one tells me my body fat % and bmi so that's a big plus when I feel a bit down.

So today and tomorrow going to try and relax about eating. I am going to have what I consider moderate calories but not low carb since my digestive issues are at the top of the list of things I do not want to make worse. So I started the day with a nice venti Starbucks with heavy cream for breakfast. Lunch will be a serving of my crock pot ground pork and quinoa. If I am hungry for a snack a small bowl of mixed berries. Dinner will be serving of my chicken/cream cheese. I have a lot of left overs I need to go through in my fridge. I hate to be wasteful and hear hubby complain of things being too long in the fridge. Will get in my exercise today.

Tomorrow will eat similarly and see what type of DD I do on Friday. I have been craving a PH day so may try that on Saturday. Let's see since I do have some nice Idaho potatoes but it's all how I feel and then I decide to try it.

I do feel slightly better today about things in general but let's see tomorrow when I step on the scale

Last edited by pandora174; 05-07-2014 at 06:22 AM..
Old 05-08-2014, 06:17 AM   #672
Major LCF Poster!

+.4 132.4 which is pretty good after 2 back to back corrections days. Ate conservatively yesterday and I know under my usual calories but not low carb in any way and no bathroom issues. Today basically eating the same though going to up my calories a bit. Tomorrow is a DD but going to do GY with berries. Saturday we're barbecuing so there will be a lot of steak and protein choices so defintiely not a low calorie day.

Yesterday did 30 minutes in my bike and had a short detox bath and felt much better mood wise. Today will also get in my exercise aw well and will try for Friday. I notice my mood and exercise of any type go hand in hand so need to keep reminding myself of that.

I did start to loosely track calories and I may start to do that and only when I prep the meals. I wanted to keep track these next few days and see if it helps me or makes any difference. Going to use it as another tool and try not to get obsessive about it and start entering condiments and oil from cooking etc which is what I did last time and drove myself batty.

So far do feel better and more back on track in my thinking. Just need to keep reminding myself that one bad weigh in does not mean anything in the big scheme of things. Need to keep my focus but not freak
Old 05-09-2014, 05:35 AM   #673
Major LCF Poster!

.8 133.2. Got in a really good work out on the treadmill yesterday so I was expecting a bigger jump since I'm still a bit sore. Today doing a DD of GY and strawberries. Tomorrow a low carbish day since I have to get my nails done which means breakfast will be a Quest bar and for lunch/dinner we're barbecuing so lots of steak, Argentinian sausage and maybe lobster meat Will see how I feel when I get home and may get in some time on the recumbent bike but I promised hubby to go with Him to BJ's since he wants me to look at Mother's Day gift ideas and give them my yay or nay

If I get in my workouts today and tomorrow that will be 4x this week and I'm good with that ! I do notice that the treadmill gives me a more intense all over workout than the bike even when I do it with light weights.

I think I am doing better overall with how I feel about the scale and my current weight. It's still a work in progress if I want to do anything. That's the thing deep down I don't want to do anything. Maybe I'll wake up one day with that feeling that we dieters get and I'll jump on a quick round of HCG or vice versa I'll wake up and feel 100 % AOK with where I am at. Just going to relax and know I have options and whatever I choose is OK.

But it gets frustrating since you would think eating healthy, not overboard at all, exercising routinely and doing 5:2 with other things thrown to just maintain But I guess it is a blessing because no matter how scale obsessed I may get I am still within my range even if it's the high end of my range. Also it sure beats 248 lb any day and I still fit in my clothes. I am exercising routinely and feel fantastic overall. My energy, mood and confidence are really high overall.

So why do I make myself miserable over a stupid number on a scale that even on my most recent & best days I saw 128 "maybe" once or twice a MONTH ! Yes on my best days looking at my numbers I routinely saw 130-132since January of this year. So I looked further back and from September through December 2013 is when I saw 128-130 more routinely and that darn 128 more often but even then it was with weekly CD, detox teas and extreme lc, even a time of M&E for 2 months straight !

Sometimes I have to write things out and stare at reality to get what's been right in front of me all the time...So taking a deep breath and going to try and relax. The bottom line is while I want to maintain I do not want to do so at such an extreme. That is also not healthy - mentally -. Like cutting all good carbs or not enjoying a treat here or there or being so OCD I have to enter everything I put in my mouth or in my recipes in an app on my phone. As it is I am always 100 % aware so why do I need to go to extremes ?!?

Last edited by pandora174; 05-09-2014 at 05:40 AM..
Old 05-09-2014, 10:02 AM   #674
Big Yapper!!!!

You are doing everything right. I'm so sorry! It's very frustrating and I sympathize. The only real encouragement is that you're a size 4!!!! You're tiny!! It's amazing! Yes, it's hard work and dedication, but you're doing it!! I want to believe that the longer you maintain this range, the more likely this will become a new set point for you. I don't know of any actual research to support this idea, but I like it. It makes sense logically and my body does seem to gravitate back up to the weight I achieved on Atkins 11 years ago, even though I'd like it to stick a bit lower .

Hang in there, enjoy your weekend and see where you are Monday morning.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #675
Major LCF Poster!

-2.4 to 130.8 so back to my comfy range I kept my old scale for hubby to use since he can't understand my new one so every so often I compare. Boy is my old scale off sometimes only .2 but today over by .8 ! Feel better since I am sure some of my prior weigh ins were off. But still being cautious since I have 2 travel days next week. I know getting in my water will be a problem though I will eat on plan. I also stress a bit when I have to travel so going to try and make the best of it. I have 2 DD the day before and after I travel so feel it will go well and that helps me relax a bit and I also am taking my just the cheese, Quest bars and edadame for snack options. That helps since I tend to stress snack while I am away from home

What I have noticed is comparing when I did count calories and enter in my food ap I was eating more ! Just the last few days while I'm not counting say butter or oil it still comes in pretty low (like under 1000). I think cutting my breakfast to the Quest bar really hurt my calorie count and then add 2 DD on top of that and I may be way too low on some days. Just something I'm keeping in mind and I know when I travel even if eating healthy and on plan I tend to eat a lot more calories. So going to see what happens when I come back if the more calories helps. Will keep counting even if loosely like now and try and have more real breakfasts and more aware.

Still planning on mixing things up like I'm doing now and just keep up what I've been doing. So that's progress in that I realize this is maintenance for life not a week or a day or a month. There are going to be good days and some not so good ones.

While I love HCG and how fast I lost the bulk of my weight I do realize it got me obessed with a 2 lb variance and always wanting to be lower i.e. ldw. Also how P3 was never really explained so we just take it to mean low carb or nothing. I am not convinced low carb is the best way to eat for "life" at least not for me. For me also the low carb gave me a lot of food issues I have now in that I get scared not of the Big Mac or pizza (like I should be) but of the apple or other good carb I do agree on eating real foods but the rest not so much. When most people I know even thin people all their lives do not have a 2 lb variance on natural fluctuations of weight. When I did the clinic and lost my first 50 lbs I weighed in once a week on Fridays..that't it. The clinic had a special scale that told them fat & water % so even on not so good days I could see that healthy eating was working.

So focusing on the positive ! It's been a year and half since I got to goal weight. So I'm patting myself on the back that I have kept the weight off and within my range. That I have choices and alternatives and no matter if I have my days of frustration I can pick myself up and find a way to make this manageable. That's one thing I have never even entertained the thought of just giving up. Enjoying my family today, a super yummy filet with Argentinian sausage and an apple for lunch. Dinner will be lobster and more steak and strawberries with cream

Last edited by pandora174; 05-10-2014 at 11:41 AM..
Old 05-10-2014, 04:42 PM   #676
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
You are doing awesome
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:07 AM   #677
Major LCF Poster!

+.6 to 131.4 which is pretty good after a DD and I did up my calories. I'm not sure if it's the new scale or just fluctuations but this week they've been pretty good. But don't want to get too excited since tomorrow is back to work and less sleep followed by 2 travel days. While I still had the Quest bar for breakfast, lunch & dinner were lots of protein, fats and fruits. So while I didn't count the butter for the steaks or a few mouthfuls of shredded parmesan I must of come in around 1500 to 1600 calories. I also got in a really good 35 minutes on the treadmill. Going to repeat today.

Had a very un Mother's Day morning Yesterday was a perfect day today so far not at all. I wanted to wake up with breakfast in bed and then watch some family movie and maybe head out to a road side fruit stand for some berries and coconut water and either keep our restaurant reservation or barbecue again. I woke up to DS acting up, DH sleeping in and not wanting to deal with DS. SO it's me trudging down the stairs to give DS his brekfast and eat a Quest bar with coffee by myself on the couch. When DH woke up ONE HOUR later he proceeds to go to the kitchen and attempt to start making me breakfast while DS is upstairs watching a movie. At this point I was in tears again for the 2nd time this morning. Let's see if DH and DS can pull it off but I don't see how. Anyway, just may decide to stay home and barbecue again with the family. Just not a restaurant mood to get dressed up and pay over $100 for lunch not including tip or valet particularly when we have Orlando in 2 weeks. Feeling a bit sorry for myself..

Hope everyone else has a Happy Mother's Day

Last edited by pandora174; 05-11-2014 at 08:13 AM..
Old 05-11-2014, 08:33 AM   #678
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad the scale is cooperating with you now.
Hope you have a happier Mothers day.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:31 AM   #679
Major LCF Poster!

+ 1.6 133.0 but not bad considering Monday weigh in combined with exercise and less sleep. Today doing a DD and then leaving tomorrow in the morning for 2 days in Orlando for work. Will weigh in tomorrow and then not till Thursday morning.

My only goal is I hope to be no higher than today's weigh in of 133.0 when I weigh in Thursday morning for my DD as planned. Of course anything less will be great but I'll settle for the same as today. But if worse comes to worse I'll do some type of additional correction on Friday (always a back up plan).

I exercised 4x last week & I do notice when I do my treadmill it is a more intense work out than when I just do the bike. Today since it's a DD I will do the bike if time permits since I don't want to over do it with so few calories.

Feel pretty good overall mood wise and I do notice the exercise helps me tremendously in that area so going to just keep on keeping on. Particularly the treadmill since I sweat more I really get that exercise happy buzz.

My Mother's day turned out to be better later in the afternoon. DS hung out with my all day till about 8:30 pm so that was nice. I got a nice card and we barbecued and hubby cleaned the kitchen and even made DS's lunch fopr today. He also promised to make me that breakfast in bed next weekend and let me sleep in.

So a very busy Monday and won't be logging in till Thursday !!

Last edited by pandora174; 05-12-2014 at 06:34 AM..
Old 05-13-2014, 05:11 PM   #680
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope things go well for you while you're away.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:59 PM   #681
Major LCF Poster!

Back from my trip...drumroll STS 130.8 So after 2 days of travel and away from home I am exactly where I was after a DD ?!?! No fluctuation up ?? So looking at what I ate and estimated calories I were much higher than average. Basically about 1800 to 2000 each day ! Now I did eat 100 % on plan but not lc. I had Quest bars, hummus and edadame when I needed to snack and apples and other fruits and lots of salads with full fat dressing and filet mignon and chicken etc.

So I had a DD planned today since I got home at 9 pm last night and was too tired to prep anything else. So the next few days just going to keep eating clean and on plan. Then Monday and Thursday of next week do my DDs before our trip to Universal Studios next weekend. I do feel better that I can eat lots of yummy foods and feel satisfied without going off plan. May still have a bite of hubby's desserts but that's about it...

Just back to routine and managing the craziness at work plus all the extra work from this training program. At least DS is done in school in 3 weeks so that will relieve a lot of extra things I need to keep on top of. Too tired to exercise today but I figure the last 2 days of running around airports counts for something

Last edited by pandora174; 05-15-2014 at 03:00 PM..
Old 05-16-2014, 06:49 AM   #682
Major LCF Poster!

STS 130.8 even after a DD but I will take it. Though I did eat around 600 calories or so since I was hungry. Weird how our bodies are just so unpredictable sometimes. Last week I was so upset about fluctuations up & here comes a steady week well within my happy range. Sometimes I really do think eating differently just shakes things up. Today eating on plan and the same through the weekend. Am back to entering my food in my phone but more to make sure I keep my calories up vs down. Seems that is the only way it works out for me. Today I made sure I had a real breakfast and not a bar.

Today will get on the treadmill and for the rest of the weekend. Just going to relax, go see the new Godzilla movie, maybe eat out and catch up on sleep and reading. May do a protein only DD on Monday and then get ready for Orlando next weekened. Next week my DD are Monday and Thursday which works out perfectly for vacation.

We are leaving right after school and work on Thursday afternoon. I booked 3 1/2 star hotel for 1 night so hubby can relax after the long drive and I can unwind and DS can swim in the pool. Then the next morning Friday when everyone is rested and happy and no whining or complaining we can check into the Protofino Bay Resort in Universal for 3 nights Can't wait for the hotel and the rides too but mostly the hotel and we have a Bayview view !

Last edited by pandora174; 05-16-2014 at 06:52 AM..
Old 05-16-2014, 08:03 AM   #683
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds great! You did so well on your trip!!! Wonderful stability and right where you want to be!

Your trip sounds lovely! It'll be nice and relaxing and a great way for all 3 of y to enjoy yourselves!
Old 05-17-2014, 08:08 AM   #684
Major LCF Poster!

+.2 to 131.0 so pretty happy with this week and the scale. Have been keeping track of my calories and I think that may be the reason. Yesterday came in over 1600 calories. Only thing I need to focus is on exercise since with travel I haven't really had a work out this week. Yesterday I fell asleep on the couch for a nap. So going to get in the treadmill today and tomorrow. But always when there is travel I am cutting myself some slack.

Now something I am considering is to just keep eating this way, counting calories & exercising and if things continue to stay stable maybe move to 6:1 vs 5:2 and see how things go. Essentially a CD when needed. I am very happy if I can stay within my range. I don't feel I "need" to see 128-129 and can be perfectly happy at 130-131. So that is definite progress for me. Do think a DD right before vacation is a good idea and then when I get back will weigh in and decide from there. I think what did it was this week of more calories and very steady numbers and then no loss after a DD. What is the point I was thinking ?

But again not rushing to quick decisions but something I am considering. I know I feel like this now "but" I do like the idea of particularly when I travel, have holidays and vacation to do the 2 DD's since I can relax more and not stress over eating. So if I decide to go to 6:1 I may just do 5:2 a needed. I think most people that do 6:1 are flexible with 5:2 or 4:3 as needed. So things don't have to be just one thing or another.

Off to see Godzilla with the family and then lunch at Cracker Barrell (I love their Chef salad).
Old 05-17-2014, 05:06 PM   #685
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Its really good for you, that your time away did no harm & showed you even more...
Question... are you still eating the Intermittent Fasting way? Just curious.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:22 PM   #686
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Its really good for you, that your time away did no harm & showed you even more...
Question... are you still eating the Intermittent Fasting way? Just curious.
That's something that I wondered if it was what affected my recent numbers (i.e. not following IF). Because while away for business while I did eat 100 % on plan and more calories (though I never over ate). I also did not eat in an 8 hour window. I ate breakfast when everyone else did so it was fairly early and one day dinner was around 7 pm. Once back home I went back to no eating after 6 pm and breakfast around 9:30 to 10:00 am.

So it's hard to say. I think it just might be I was too low calorie wise before my trip which is a sure fire way to go up due to the 2 500 calorie days. So the last few days I've been at 1500-1700 calories which is still on the low side for most people but fine for me with the good carbs. I could go higher if I do extremely low carb but so far I'm fine with how I'm eating and digestion is fine.

I am realistic that I expect a bounce up and it could be from tom, hormones, too much salt etc. etc. but as long as I stay within my range of up to 132-133 I know my DD will usually brings me down to 130-131 where I find I am more comfortable.

I've been doing the IF eating for so long that's it's just something I only don't do for vacations or business trips. Not really sure if it has any impact to be honest. I started it primarily not to eat at night since that was my old binging time. Now it's more habit than anything else.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:35 PM   #687
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for that. I quit doing IF a couple months ago, because it was hard to do when traveling. Then I just didn't start up again, as I didn't think it made any difference.
I did IF today, and it is a good refresher to fasting. Great for stopping that snacky feeling in the afternoon.
I keep my calories from 1200-1400 to maintain. Regular exercise seems to be the absolute necessity to keep my metabolism burning that amount. I always look to 'change things up', but eat basically the same all the time. Should be interesting the next two days... no planning on taking my foods with me on our moto trip this time... we'll see what happens!
Old 05-18-2014, 09:23 AM   #688
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Thanks for that. I quit doing IF a couple months ago, because it was hard to do when traveling. Then I just didn't start up again, as I didn't think it made any difference.
I did IF today, and it is a good refresher to fasting. Great for stopping that snacky feeling in the afternoon.
I keep my calories from 1200-1400 to maintain. Regular exercise seems to be the absolute necessity to keep my metabolism burning that amount. I always look to 'change things up', but eat basically the same all the time. Should be interesting the next two days... no planning on taking my foods with me on our moto trip this time... we'll see what happens!
I agree. I don't think IF makes a difference scale wise at all. But it does make it easier eat to hunger and to avoid over eating or in my case the night time binges or just snacky feelings I can get. But when I travel it's just not realistic since I need to eat when everyone else does. I also have to have food in my stomach when I travel by air otherewise I get nauseous. As it is I don't eat bread or pasta and have no problem saying no to those foods and desserts as well so I really don't want to add IF to that long list of my food requirements.

I need to get back to exercise since this week I have been slacking a bit and I agree it's very important to keep the metabolism going. Good luck on your trip ! We're leaving for Orlando Thursday afternoon and back on Monday afternoon with no weigh ins. Going to eat low carb but allow an indulgence if I really want it. But while I want to enjoy myself I don't want to come back to days of dieting to get it off either. Plan on keeping my water in as much as possible.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:33 AM   #689
Major LCF Poster!

+.4 131.4 which is pretty good since I woke up with cramps. TOM is coming in a few days so need to keep that in mind. Hope it's sooner than later since we leave to Orlando Thursday afternoon. But overall very very happy with this weeks weigh ins.

Today eating regular and I made sure I had another decent breakfast. Will get on that treadmill today. Been pretty lazy this week so going to make up for that next week I'm sure with all the walking in Orlando ! Tomorrow a regular GY DD and then on Thursday a Quest bar DD. The challenge will be Thursday morning will be my last weigh in and then not until Tuesday morning ! So hoping to come back within my happy range since I do a DD on Monday when we travel home. Probably another Quest bar day for ease.

This week will be hectic since I need to pack for all of us for 4 days and get all the stuff we need and snacks for me and the family ready as well and balance crazy work load and DS homework Also DS has a follow up with his neuro that I can't go to due to work. Hubby is taking him and it seems he needs an adjustment in his ADHD medication. I do hate when we have to increase the dose since his appetite gets affected. Right now he is eating like crazy and I know that is a sign the medicine is not having the same effect. But I got feedback from his teachers that he is getting distracted and not focusing and this last 2 quarters he is not progressing like he did the first half of the year. His grades are good but they can tell he can do better. At home he is also beyond his usual hyper self.

Last edited by pandora174; 05-18-2014 at 09:36 AM..
Old 05-18-2014, 02:37 PM   #690
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
+.4 131.4 which is pretty good since I woke up with cramps. TOM is coming in a few days so need to keep that in mind. Hope it's sooner than later since we leave to Orlando Thursday afternoon. But overall very very happy with this weeks weigh ins.

Today eating regular and I made sure I had another decent breakfast. Will get on that treadmill today. Been pretty lazy this week so going to make up for that next week I'm sure with all the walking in Orlando ! Tomorrow a regular GY DD and then on Thursday a Quest bar DD. The challenge will be Thursday morning will be my last weigh in and then not until Tuesday morning ! So hoping to come back within my happy range since I do a DD on Monday when we travel home. Probably another Quest bar day for ease.

This week will be hectic since I need to pack for all of us for 4 days and get all the stuff we need and snacks for me and the family ready as well and balance crazy work load and DS homework Also DS has a follow up with his neuro that I can't go to due to work. Hubby is taking him and it seems he needs an adjustment in his ADHD medication. I do hate when we have to increase the dose since his appetite gets affected. Right now he is eating like crazy and I know that is a sign the medicine is not having the same effect. But I got feedback from his teachers that he is getting distracted and not focusing and this last 2 quarters he is not progressing like he did the first half of the year. His grades are good but they can tell he can do better. At home he is also beyond his usual hyper self.
Glad you're still doing well. Yup, the exercise portion is a biggie. I'm trying to keep it a consistent part of my life too!
I can relate to the meds...we're always watching my dd too. The appetite can be a growth spurt too and our pediatrician said as they get bigger they may need a higher dosage of their meds. I'm sure they'll figure it out. Hope it's a simple adjustment for him.